It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for you "men" out there

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
reply to post by FoxStriker

Actually, no one who has been playing this name calling game has really answered the question, what they have been doing is telling me its/or I am wrong, destructive, indecent, spoiling or showing latent tendency's and no real reason why. Is it really so hard to say "you know, I wouldn't have a tea party with my daughter because i think it might give my daughter the wrong idea about father daughter relationships, I think it might lead her to believe that she should seek out a "daddy" instead of a "husband". that would be an answer to the question as opposed to "you scum bag, your really just saying all men should be cross dressers" It wasn't about the nail painting, it was about the stereotypical male image, As I can only speak for myself I used the example of actually the only thing I could think of that I have done that is not according to those pretending to discuss the issue that it is not a stereotypical male thing to do
edit on 21-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

Dude... What are you responding to? your going on a rant thats not even on subject to what was written in response to your response. your talking about what other members have said, I never once have stated that I disagree with what your doing as a father or your relationship with your daughter. I mentioned that your post is about the last sentence you left on your OP.

So you think you are a real man, macho and ready to take on the world, but can you set all that aside for a precious little soul that you care and love?

YOU SET A CHALLENGE TO OTHER MEN ABOUT WHAT A MAN SHOULD BE... GAME ON.

As stated before, your going to get responses you don't like... YOU ASKED THEM (ATS Members)

Yes that was you in your original post... And members responded (I don't know how many times I'm going to have to mention this). In fact I think most members that star & flagged you didn't even read your post fully. They didn't even see that you were setting up an arguement, and the earlier information (Including your relationship with your daughter) was justification for it.

Do you understand now or no?

And I don't believe I've called you anything inappropriate except to what I believe you've posted.

Thats why I stand by when I called your post cowardly and for good measure. You've been complaining this entire time about people calling you names or questioning the way you raise your daughter, yet you fail to see or take responsibility for your question you left to others to answer... man up and take the good with the bad.
edit on 6/21/2011 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well, letting your girl paint your nails is okay and all but it hardly makes you Father of the year nor is it anything worth bragging about.

Personally I don't even like having that shet in the house, the fumes kill brain cells.

edit on 21-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Right again, they don't make phones with web browser. Check

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I commented on this thread on page one, and if you look, you will see I am generally supportive of the OP.

But I was shocked to open up this thread today and see 139 flags.

139 flags for painted toenails? Really? While countless threads on serious topics languish with little or no attention? Is this what ATS is all about?

This is not the fault of the OP of course...but it does strike me as more than a little ridiculous.

edit on 6/21/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I commented on this thread on page one, and if you look, you will see I am generally supportive of the OP.

But I was shocked to open up this thread today and see 139 flags.

139 flags for painted toenails? Really? While countless threads on serious topics languish with little or no attention? Is this what ATS is all about?

This is not the fault of the OP of course...but it does strike me as more than a little ridiculous.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, it's the moment to moment experiances we take and make as individules that are the important things in life. You have no idea the breath or length to which his little girl will become or do, and as such you have no idea the effect she will have on future generations. If a little compassion alters her path in the way of future peace and understanding for others then by all means paint the f@#$ing toenails
edit on 21-6-2011 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2011 by twohawks because: spelling errors

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

In case you haven't figured it out yet, it's the moment to moment experiances we take and make as individules the are the importannt things in life. You have no idea the breath or length to which his little girl will become or do, and as such you have np idea the effect she will have on future generations. If a little compassion alters her path in the way of future peace and understanding for others then by all means paint the f@#$ing toenails

You're right ..I don't know what she will become or do, and I sincerely wish her a fulfilling and joyful life experience.

But c'mon, don't you think you're stretching it a bit far to imply that this type of "playing" with her dad , will have some greater effect on future generations. I think its great for the dad to play with his kid, goof off a little, and have fun, but he seemed to enjoy the process of getting the attention from the public,and the ooh's and aah's from women ,as to score potential dates. Seemed more about him than her in my opinion.

That being said,I'm not saying he isn't a warm and loving father,and that his daughter won't be a valid contributor to the future generations.

I wish them both the best of life .
edit on 21-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by twohawks

In case you haven't figured it out yet, it's the moment to moment experiances we take and make as individules that are the important things in life. You have no idea the breath or length to which his little girl will become or do, and as such you have no idea the effect she will have on future generations. If a little compassion alters her path in the way of future peace and understanding for others then by all means paint the f@#$ing toenails

Please go back and read my post above. You will see that I specifically went out of my way to note that I was supportive of his post.

What bugs me is the number of flags for this topic. For example, cruise by the Breaking Alternative News forum and check out how many flags some of the more significant topics get, then compare them to the 140 flags of this topic.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
On behalf of all girls like me who grew up with deadbeat fathers, thank you for being such a wonderful father. Father's Day ought to only apply to dads like you.
Hope you had a great day, even though you had to work.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

What bugs me is the number of flags for this topic. For example, cruise by the Breaking Alternative News forum and check out how many flags some of the more significant topics get, then compare them to the 140 flags of this topic.

I totally get what you mean, and I had a good chuckle over that. It was like the flag puppets all came out for the crusade...too damn funny.

edit on 21-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

To me, what that says is, like all things there is an ebb and flow, sometimes it's the world news that gets the attention and some times it's the little things, they all have there place and all are equally important, maybe not to the individual but they all have there place. The op's post may have been the very thing someone neededtoday to stave off something more grandiouse, we never know! Point being, judging the caliber of someones post based on whether or not it seems appropriate to warrent the response it recieved is a mute point. It gets what it gets and, the wise person would recognize that.
I'd like to edit to add that, significance to a topic is only predicated by the response to the topic, and not what one individual deems is important. Just imagine for a moment that with all the corperate bs and political bs going on around the world, don't you think people need a momentary side bar just to regroup once in awhile. I know I do!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
hey..I'm happy if he gets 500 flags..it probably doesn't advertise well for the site though...being a conspiracy site .

(imagines some new person checking the most flagged thread on the conspiracy site , and thinks..
)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Being new to this site, opening up "top topics" and skimming through this is certainly surprising.
But honestly, got a man here who wants to chit-chat about his experiences with his daughter, so be it. Sheesh, let it go. Perhaps some should read "BEFORE YOU REPLY"..."Respect"...

Off topic, sure...but cmon, family is important to some (if not most)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
hey..I'm happy if he gets 500 flags..it probably doesn't advertise well for the site though...being a conspiracy site .

(imagines some new person checking the most flagged thread on the conspiracy site , and thinks..
)
then perhaps they should change the title of the forum from social issues.I do see this as a social issue why we do the things we do, why are stereotypes so I'm.portant, how we react based upon ones looks.

No one is more shocked then I am by the number of flags.
edit on 21-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Good point , it is under social issues.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bibliomaniac
Being new to this site, opening up "top topics" and skimming through this is certainly surprising.
But honestly, got a man here who wants to chit-chat about his experiences with his daughter, so be it. Sheesh, let it go. Perhaps some should read "BEFORE YOU REPLY"..."Respect"...

Never ever implied family is not very important !!!
...but I can comment on what I take to be very self gratuitous behavior disguised as good parenting for the reward of attention.

Perhaps you should read before you reply.."respect"

I have a right to my opinion , and I'm not the only one who saw it for what it seemed.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

i don't get your point, i have a 7 year old daughter and she is the light of my life she had never ask to dress me up like a disney princess. i think that our children need a strong parent , everytime my children tell them i am being mean. i tell them i must be doing something right. to give into a childs every whim is no good for the children

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

i don't get your point, i have a 7 year old daughter and she is the light of my life she had never ask to dress me up like a disney princess. i think that our children need a strong parent , everytime my children tell them i am being mean. i tell them i must be doing something right. to give into a childs every whim is no good for the children

My point was there are pre conceived notions about what a "real man" is, that he is basically emotionless unable to sympathise and is to strong to be vulnerable. Many people see me this way, including my ex wife. If you were to ask my employees they would tell you that their personal problems have no place in the in the work place and that I make that very clear. I do not give in to my daughters every whim. I am in no way saying I am a good father, or for that matter even a decent one. I was curious as to why someone would think something as harmless as letting a 6 year old paint their toenails would never happen to them simple because they were a man.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bibliomaniac

Never ever implied family is not very important !!!
...but I can comment on what I take to be very self gratuitous behavior disguised as good parenting for the reward of attention.

Perhaps you should read before you reply.."respect"

I have a right to my opinion , and I'm not the only one who saw it for what it seemed.

I never hinted at this being good parenting, others have, but I did not.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I'm sorry if I misconstrued what you were inferring.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I'm sorry if I misconstrued what you were inferring.

fair enough

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join