It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Signs That A Horrific Global Food Crisis Is Coming

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yea, the sorry A$$ governments know what is up and coming to an area near all of us with-in 120 days...But guess what?....So Do "I"..........and anyone worth their salt and love for their family.....does also......

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I was on the FAO stats when t'internet was a wee baby. It is topsoil the key issue because you dont grow staples using hydro, nor grass for milk and meat. No topsoil=screwed.
However if you can grow fish and vegatables in one system, you start to win. Here is a good example of Aquaponics simply explained. I would recommend finding out about Permaculture too, and start practising.
You debase the system entirely when you employ methods to replace it.
What Is Aquaponics (video link)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Great post. This is what I have been saying to people. Distribution is the issue here. Now take this into consideration: I live with two guys who routinely make trips out to the bigger supermarkets after hours and raid their bins. They return almost every time with unbelievable amounts of awesome food. Heres an example, one night they returned with assorted cheeses, bags of bread, AN INTERNET STICK, socks, juices, fruit, dressings, pasties etc etc etc etc, massive amounts of totally good food that gets thrown into the bin almost EVERY DAY, it's mind boggling. If these chains organized a charity to come and collect the breads and pastries and cheeses and edible stuff then it would feed lots and lots of very hungry people who can't afford to shop at the supermarket.

All supermarkets should take this approach, the amount of food the gets thrown into the bin is bloody criminal....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

See that's a great idea in Russia, it's little things like that which can help, I saw a projection of a green future in which people in cities all grew veggies on vines hanging from their balcony apartments, that will be the day.

Part of it is also eating things that are seasonal, it's not sustainable to be munching down on mango's all winter, this needs to stop also, it just means more transportation of goods, gasses and use oil.

Good points man

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Funny thing is, people dont remember "how" to eat either, I am as guilty as the next in that respect as I can walk to the pantry and fridge to get a can or a box or bag, pull it out, cook it up throw a salad with dressing on it and viola! Dinner.

The popularity of the home garden has been a good start but the reality of what it takes to feed your family through a whole season is tough work. And if you know what your doing you can grow your medicinal, enjoyment, soaps, and everything else you need to have a good life in a bad situation along with your food.

People will have to survive the first year a bit hungry to understand how hard it will be to grow enough to actually live.

It is horrible, and yet something which is on the horizon for all of us. Watch the lazy video/kids change real fast.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Cheers for the responses
Sounds like a really nice place. That is the kind of community attitude that the world needs, if we all help out a little bit, grow what we can, share what we can, this world would be a much nicer place....Thanks for the well instructions too.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Me and my girlfriend have had a garden running a couple of years and you're totally right, it would be very hard to completely live off. I mean we get a LOT of tomatoes when the times right, pumpkins, cucumbers and beans and also herbs like basil and rosemary. While we get enough tomatoes to live off during season there is just no way we could survive off the rest, although I'm sure as the years go by we'll get better yields.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

That's where canning comes in.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's not the satanists that will accomplish this idea however they do spread the idea's and fear around to help in the process. Ever heard of the phrase "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it." by chance? Well, let's change that to be careful what your thinking in your own head. You have enough of us thinking that we are all going to starve to death then yes... It will happen, period. I know many people think that this process is not possible without proof but I can tell you that there is proof. The truth isn't going to be the first thing you Google. Think about it... or better yet, just stop thinking about everything.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beenupsince2007

So what do you think ? is it true or not and if so by whom ?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Famine is one of the ways to reduce population....same as war and disease...and they are all at work

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Sprouts is the way to go...grow them in a soda bottle in the kitchen and they provide the traces you need....grow a new crop every 3 days...makes canned food liveable

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've heard nothing about food shortages for months now, were we wrong?

Does anyone have any recent news on food stocks?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join