It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Signs That A Horrific Global Food Crisis Is Coming

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Sorry, but I have woken up to the fact that TPTB have planned mass famine to kill us off. Period. Engineer the weather to cause droughts and floods etc. Look at the United Nations and who set it up. Look at their policies people and their counterparts. Many of the leaders of the organisations advocate that populations NEED to be reduced by 90%. have YOU gotten your golden ticket to be a survivor?
If not, then
Read the following article and if it doesn't wake you up quickly to the fact of what is NOW going on, then all hope for humanity is gone. www.prisonplanet.com...

I post this as I believe that it is relevant to the OP's thread of crop failures and how it will impact millions and millions.
Yes, Prisonplanet scares people but read the Entire article, then maybe you will start connecting the dots of these unusual weather patterns, biblical floods taking out America's farmlands, locusts devouring crops in Russian, the most UNUSUAL strain of E. Coli to hit Germany which caused Spains nearly entie Spring crops to be destroyed., chemtrails and weather modifications etcPlease, please, please read.

I used to think like this, but no longer. It's hard to say exactly why, but maybe I came to see that this stuff is more complex than any small group of people could control. Look, you guys have to understand: there is a fundamental divide between the East and the West. What we think of as "TPTB" (builderberg, rothschilds, etc etc) is all WESTERN. In China, Russia, and India, DIFFERENT agendas are at work. In truth, nobody is in control, and everyone is just more or less scrambling to dig in and cover their own a$$3ts.

So in the end it's maybe even more terrifying because nobody is in control...the trainwreck is about to happen and there are no conductors on board...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarnished Templar

I also believe that it's far too complex for any one group to control, and you're totally right about that mostly being a western thing. I'd really love to know what China and Russia are thinking in regards to future events.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Thanks for the response,
that is quite an article, I'll have to get back to you on it although cheers for posting it.
I'm not convinced that anyone could control things like this to the extent you're suggesting, I mean that is some operation, killing off 90 per cent of the worlds population covertly. I just can't see it and I can't see people putting up with it, by the time it got to a desperate point globally there would be upheaval, I can't see it any other way.

I'll get back to you on that article....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CarpenterMatt

Wow, we are indeed screwed as a society if you truly feel that a few million satanic elitists have the right to determine if me and my family dies. I have no argument that population CONTROL has to be considered, but to actually believe that an evil minority of this world should determine that my life and your life is irrelevant is obscene. Especially considering that there are so many alternatives available - bringing back local farms, advanced clean natural energy and yes, placing a cap on population. Studies have proven time and again that government aid of food rations was an utter failure and that teaching poorer nations how to farm locally drastically increased available food supply, which in turn increased societies income and leads to a lower birth rate. It's not rocket science.
Have you not heard the hundreds of pleas from US small farmers that they were/are being forced out of business? Does it not now make sense that SOMEONE is trying to CONTROL the worlds food supply to serve their own purpose?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Thank you for taking the time to give it some thought. I give you another link to Congressional testimony from the former Defence at www.defense.gov... where it states that this sort of reality exists. Please follow the trail , millions around the world are not just protesting against the bankers, it's against the Globalist bankers and elites who have categorically taken civilisation to this point. Mod, I hope that this isn't considered off post, but it IS related to food production around the world

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Monsanto’s worst nightmare …

… Michael Pollan’s plant’s eye view!

www.ted.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
First I'd like to link an old thread I posted about this issue. It's called :

12 myths about hunger

Global food shortages... Right !

You don't want to know how unbelievable large numbers of food simply ends up in the bin.
There are actual laws that prohibit food products that don't look the same as you see in the shop are allowed to be sold.

It's distribution . That is the key. When people stop throwing half they buy in the bin and are willing to invest and distribute it to the needy. It will probably look a lot less catastrophic.

Too badthe rich are greedy and people just don't care.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

They can grow food without soil now. There just is no funding to do this on a massive scale. And if we did fund such a thing, the agriculture industry would go bust. We can grow food indoors all year round without depleting top soil. Better yet we can grow all the food locally. If there is a food crisis coming, it is man-made, but we are not without options. Time to start farming fish on a massive scale.

Although it is possible to grow without soil and indoors using hydroponics, it then comes down to the water usage. It takes a lot more water to grow using this method than soil.

So unfortunately, that wouldn't be the answer even if it was affordable from an equipment point.

Also, the space that it takes to sustain a hydroponic garden to produce food for even one family is much larger than simply growing outside.

Then come the lights. More expensive and powerful lights are needed to replace the spectrum needed for plant growth that come from the sun naturally. The power to run these lights also brings up the question of cost and electricity supply.

A minimum, and I do mean minimum wattage needed for indoor growth is 250 watts which will cover a 6 ft area. just a few tomato plants.

Lastly, the fertilizers, nutrients, minerals that occur naturally in soil need to now be purchased. Some can be created using other methods but they need to be able to diffuse efficiently in a water solution. Not that easy.

It goes on but as I do see your point, it wouldn't be a viable solution IMO.

Here's a possible solution for many.

3 tons of food grown annually on 1/10 of an acre in the city.

edit on 13-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't think it's irrational to be concerned about the food markets, as truly we should always be concerned about this. I think that some people tend to over-react, but obviously some changes are necessary in the way we handle things in the United States anyway. It's sort of like the old Walmart complaint where big companies are putting all the little guys out of business. The U.S. has relied on a too few big farmers to produce everything for them so we can all sit around and watch t.v. Flame me if you like, but I think it's time for everybody who is able to grow at least some of their food, to be doing just that. My area is full of small farms and gardens, and my neighbors are always dropping by with fresh summer squash, new potatoes, etc. During hunting season, friends drop by with fresh pork and deer meat. Year round, my friends give me fish. I truly have a wonderful community (minus the drugs), where food really is not a problem. Our sacrifice is the commute to work, or anywhere else, because it's 15 miles to the nearest grocery store and gas stations, and 20 miles to the nearest Walmart. The same goes for work, it's a drive, but you get used to picking up necessities when you're in town, rather than making special trips. Two years ago, my wife and I got by on less than 10,000 dollars total income. We have zero debt, our home has been payed for since 1989, and we drive older vehicles which are also payed for. I have never understood why so many try to live beyond their means, and I think this is the biggest problem of all...
edit on 6/13/2011 by visualmiscreant because: fixed keyboard error

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Sounds like fearmongering to me.

Make the people think that they're doomed and then presto, roll out the solution!

Problem-Reaction-Solution. Classic.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I understand that water is a problem where you are dependent on the city. Where I live in the country, we have our own wells, and it's impossible to use all the water. Water doesn't go away, it just goes back into the ground and back into the well eventually. One solution for some people might be in the form of an old hand-operated well pump which I saw at Lowe's for 175 dollars a few years back. Well's can be dug by hand, as this is how three of the wells on our 22.5 acres was dug. You have to build an auger bit that will fit into a 12 inch pvc casing, threaded on the back end for pipe. Then you build a tripod with a rope attached to the pipe. You turn the auger into the ground by using a pipe wrench on the pipe, and it takes out about a foot of dirt every time. When the auger is full, you pull the pipe out with the rope, empty it, and start over. It obviously takes time, and you should dig the well as deep as possible. You should also take a water sample to the Health Dept. if you intend to drink it. You also have to start the hole with post hole diggers and make it large enough for at least six feet of 12 inch pvc casing at the opening of the well. This obviously is only good in areas where there is water available. I hit water at 6 feet with one of my wells, because I dug it in an area with hard woods such as Cedars and Magnolias which usually grow around a close water source. Also, some cities have laws against digging wells, so you should make sure it's legal before you do this. If it's not legal in your area, you should consider moving, because you're definitely gonna have a problem if we encounter a large electrical breakdown due to natural disaster...
One other thing to consider when placing the well, is that if you have a septic tank there is a set distance you have to maintain usually by code. In my county it's 75 feet, but in your area it may be different.
edit on 6/13/2011 by visualmiscreant because: added content

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I have read that Russia takes a local approach to food growth. When their town plants trees they are edible fruit trees. Many of the citizens grow gardens and sell their products to merchants who bring it to cities to sell. From what I have read they also do things like plant berry and nut bushes as hedges instead of fencing everywhere.

I think we have a systemic problem, that can only be addressed by another system that addresses the shipment problems of current agriculture. Of course, American government is tending to restrict people from growing gardens and selling excess crop yields, discouraging most from becoming a successful farmer as a side income. Local governments appear to be doing the opposite, allowing chickens in cities, and other animals for use to eat.

We have a choice. Profit versus the right to have food available without a possible crisis. Too many in America support the profit model and government protection of the multi-national food production industry. If we want to avert a crisis, the solution is simply to apply self-contained food supply in any given region. Excesses could be traded amongst the regions or local areas.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
reply to post by jude11

I understand that water is a problem where you are dependent on the city. Where I live in the country, we have our own wells, and it's impossible to use all the water. Water doesn't go away, it just goes back into the ground and back into the well eventually. One solution for some people might be in the form of an old hand-operated well pump which I saw at Lowe's for 175 dollars a few years back. Well's can be dug by hand, as this is how three of the wells on our 22.5 acres was dug. You have to build an auger bit that will fit into a 12 inch pvc casing, threaded on the back end for pipe. Then you build a tripod with a rope attached to the pipe. You turn the auger into the ground by using a pipe wrench on the pipe, and it takes out about a foot of dirt every time. When the auger is full, you pull the pipe out with the rope, empty it, and start over. It obviously takes time, and you should dig the well as deep as possible. You should also take a water sample to the Health Dept. if you intend to drink it. You also have to start the hole with post hole diggers and make it large enough for at least six feet of 12 inch pvc casing at the opening of the well. This obviously is only good in areas where there is water available. I hit water at 6 feet with one of my wells, because I dug it in an area with hard woods such as Cedars and Magnolias which usually grow around a close water source. Also, some cities have laws against digging wells, so you should make sure it's legal before you do this. If it's not legal in your area, you should consider moving, because you're definitely gonna have a problem if we encounter a large electrical breakdown due to natural disaster...
One other thing to consider when placing the well, is that if you have a septic tank there is a set distance you have to maintain usually by code. In my county it's 75 feet, but in your area it may be different.
edit on 6/13/2011 by visualmiscreant because: added content

Good info,

I live in the Country as well. Just trying to share a little knowledge for the city folks.

Your info will help some also.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I disagree with anyone saying the food issue is fearmongering - even if the reasons might be...

if we're not short on food, who's got it? lets get'm
if we're short on food - the why and what to do is obviously an important topic

whichever the case may be
my normal weekly food spending has increased by just under 50% in the last 2 months

THAT is a problem

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

They can grow food without soil now. There just is no funding to do this on a massive scale. And if we did fund such a thing, the agriculture industry would go bust. We can grow food indoors all year round without depleting top soil. Better yet we can grow all the food locally. If there is a food crisis coming, it is man-made, but we are not without options. Time to start farming fish on a massive scale.
There is no such thing as getting something for nothing so im sure its a little more complicated than that, but farming fish is something that i considered but knowing this government its probably illegal in some form or fashion.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Who's got it ? That's just it man.

People like you and me through it away. Buy too much or choose to eat something else later on.

As for the thids world... Food is send there, sometimes corupt rule holds it for more profit reasons or just cause they can... More often though it is bureacracy that is the problem. Then it is the rich world that eats the best food where the poor are set to work on on theiir own soil for almost nothing. They are left with poor grounds to farm.

Then there is a food shortage... we buy simply somewhere else the poor do not. Yet they farm our food or when their harvest failed our money does not come in either and they are the ones that die of hunger.

You say get them.... ?

How they simply provide and when they fail too... We complain.

So who's the problem ?

It is usman.. the people. We are the problem, for the most part.

This does not just happen there but at any market or class of people We are just lucky our rulers are ruthless cause they let the poor being stepped on and used just like history tought us.

edit on 6/13/2011 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I get where you're going with that - and I do agree to an extent

except for all the food I did throw away, wouldn't still be good now - in most cases, it got thrown away after it went bad

I remember as a kid them telling me to eat everything on my plate, and reminding me there were starving children - I say to them then, and now - feel free to pack it up and mail it (only half kidding)

These days, no, I dont throw away anything - I accidentally left a pack of meat in the fridge overnight - the next day it changed colors and smelled a little funny - I wrapped it up nicely and put it in the freezer anyway - cause hey, you never know - there just might come a day when I'm THAT hungry

its not that I believe there's a food shortage either, I personally think the prices are going up because people are SCARED that there's a food shortage

cause seriously, if there really was a food shortage, how are they getting deliveries every day? how come the shelves are still stocked?

I'm sure there are other economical factors causing the rise in prices - they're all a problem - but at home, where people say "it doesnt affect me", I want to slap them - cause I KNOW its affecting my pocketbook

maybe they don't eat... maybe the rise is negligible cause they're living on 25 cent ramen anyway (25 to 35 seems like nothing), maybe they don't have other people to feed as well.... but I don't really think I'm so special that the prices are only affecting me financially

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Two words hydro-ponics
That could solve all the food shortages

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberghosts
Two words hydro-ponics
That could solve all the food shortages

psst, read the rest of the thread its only 2 pages
thanks

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is all connected to natural disasters (partly due to pollution), energy crisis (Peak oil, Peak coal, exponential growth/use), and exponential population growth. This is a serious problem and billions of people will die (not millions).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join