It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Wins Immigration Suit!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlffmn27
reply to post by Night Star

The drug cartels are a much larger and dangerous problem there than they are here. They practically run the Mexican government.

But you do have a good point. I'm not trying to say that we should forget our own people and cater more to the immigrants but I feel that there is a better solution to the problem other than just kicking the illegals out and telling them not to come back. For the most part many of them will come back anyway. I just think that we should be able to handle this problem better than we are and come with a better solution.

No matter how many laws we pass or how many times we tell illegal immigrants that we don't want them here they're not going to stop coming. Many of these people are just trying to provide a better life for their families.

"Many are just trying to provide a better life for their families" They are providing a better life for THEIR families at the expense of our citizens. Millions of citizens are being displaced in the workforce. Tell me, is that ok? Is it ok that an illegal has the job to provide for HIS family while taking that job away from a citizen who needs to provide or his own family? Can you honestly tell me that HIS family is more worthy than my own or that of my legal neighbor?

Sometimes I get so tired or repeating myself over and over and over again. Sometimes I get so frustrated I could cry. All we ever hear about is the poor illegal who does no wrong and Americans are racist and hateful. Illegals just want a better life, well so do the citizens!!!!! Illegals are just poor people. Poor people don't have money to pay for stolen identities and false documents! I see so many people who just don't get it. We canot afford to take in all the worlds poor or we would. Look around you at what is happening all across the USA. Millions of illegals have jobs while a citizen goes without. How can you justify that? Why is the citizen shoved aside? Why doesn't he matter?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

So that means the majority of corporate America will be getting notices? I highly doubt it....I'm glad it passed but I do not see people actually upholding it, especially those in power and if someone does, I'm sure they will counter sue and put them in jail and charge them with 98 counts of some outlandish offensive...smh

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This whole argument is a giant heap of propaganda from both sides. I have a strong interest as I had a Sister In-Law butchered by an Illegal from Mexico who had been arrested three other times for assualts on women and the State it happened in and ICE refused to extradite him. Mexico still claims he is in a prison in the southern part of Mexico, when in fact they transported him to the US Border and let him go. He raped I think 7 Mexican Women. Anyway, Sis is dead and left behind three orphaned children as her husband died of cancer the year before. The Illegal will now get out in about 15 more years and the Detective tells us that ICE will not do anything. He said he will move a few miles away and change his name and start all over until he kills somebody else. That is a factual account of this issue.

Nobody, I repeat, Nobody is against issuing all the Work Visa's needed to fill any jobs. Pretending they are is just Partisan crap from dishonest people. This has not one thing to do with Racism of any kind and those using the propaganda are just, well LIARS.

At the same time we close the Border we could easily issue the Visa's. I think everyone knows that. The problem is the propagandists actually want an open border and don't give a damn who comes over it. You are all guilty of each crime they commit, including my family members death. You know I'm right and we can easily close the border and also give jobs to those who are not criminals. That is the truth.

In fact, the open border crowd is the reason these problems exist. You care more about a silly ideology and irrational nonsense of an open border in a dangerous world, than you do truth or actually making it so workers can come here legally. Nobody is being fooled here. This is all about Partisans caring more about gaining votes with lies than people. Partisans are the real problem. You think life is a game.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
To quote one of the greatest works of English ever:

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

In my perfect utopian vision of America there would be no "La Migra." Citizenship would be a relic because you should be free to come and go as you wish. There would be no border patrol, there would be no border. You and your family would be free if only you could make it here.

The flipside to this is that once you get here you'd quickly find out there are virtually no social services. If you're pregnant and in labor when you show up then you'd have to convince the hospital you can pay for a baby delivery, or you takes your chances delivering it yourself. If you don't have a skill to earn a living or can't provide food for yourself then you'll probably starve to death. Maybe the church will help you. They're charitable.

Yes I said we should let migrants starve to death and have their babies in alleys. All I'm saying is that you should be free to live or die by your own merit without any intrusion from the government or your fellow man. You'll probably die, but that's a hell of a lot better than being machine gunned to death in China or tossed in a political prison in Cuba.

Liberty. That's all that America should be.

This dude Howie Carr (awesome radio host in Boston) had a quote.

"Illegals used to come here because they heard there was work. Now they come here because they hear there is no work!"
edit on 9-6-2011 by livefreeordieinnh because: wanted to add the Carr quote.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

actually the 1st people to inhabit the Iberian peninsula were black headed people who gave their name to the peninsula

blond hair came as result of the visigothic,viking and vandal invasions [the 1st to invade the iberian penininsula were the kelts]

that said

when i was talking about the bigoted posters i was not referring to you, i don't see why you should feel accused.

whatever.

======================================================
as for everybody else:

i'll leave you all to your scapegoating with this little gem of IRONY

you all want the gov to keep out of YOUR business
but want it to come down hard on folks you dislike [for very small minded reasons i might add]

typical of hypocrites:
you want to have it both ways

you all claim a right to a job
well guess what? there aint no such animal.

jobs are provided by employers, that is the reality, and you have no say and no right to hide behind the governments skirts in order to force employers to do what you want, all the while claiming to be free people talking smack about the politicians that screw u every day.

so stop blaming others for your own sins and scapegoating people who usually have no means to protect themselves, and i'm not talking about drug dealers either feel free to string em up or put their heads on a pike which is what i'd do.

and stop applauding this law which may sound good and fair in principal

because the bottom line is

employers will simply leave the country to protect their profits

which means even less jobs available for you all.

not my problem you see, I'm self employed
i don't put my survival and well being in others hands, nor do i demand my rights, i exercise them to the fullest.

where, when,how, and if necessary on whom i will.

and no need to reply either
if you can't be bothered to click a link and read
and think

i see no reason to bother wasting any more time on you.

so keep wallowing in ignorance,

just remember if i become dictator you will all become 2nd class citizens of the 2nd republic with no vote so as to not once again imperil my country again. but don't worry you'll all have jobs, mandatory public service from 16 to 21 [min 3 yrs policework in your own community, as all police officers will be fired, unless their records are squeaky clean] for 5 years to pay for your lifetime health care, with optional additional 5yr terms to pay for your house, retirement benefits, college, and an annuity

20yrs of PS and you'll be able to retire,

just remember 1st class citizens get dibs.

edit on 9-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added correction & additional comment

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thank you so very much for your post Blaine! I am so sorry that you lost your sister-in-law because of an illegal. People don't realize how much of that is going on, which is why I had to include the video above. So many deaths that could have been avoided had our laws been enforced!

I get so flustered sometimes, so angry, so disappointed, so discouraged and overwhelmed when people come into threads like this and make it sound as though illegal immigration is no big deal. It is a big deal on so many levels. I cannot comprehend how some people can be blinded to the facts. No matter how upset I get, I will never stand down. No matter how many times I have to repeat the same things over and over again, no matter how many names I am called, I will stand up for the American citizen at every turn.

Wether someone has lost a loved one because of an illegal, or lost their job to an illegal, or their child was a victom of an illegal pedophile, or whatever, these citizens need a voice of reason.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It appears that history is repeating itself. How might you ask? Getting rid of the cheap illegal labor in this county, and the argument that it will send the price of produce through the roof.

This is the very same argument that the pro slavery states used to justify slavery. They argued that setting the salves free would wreak the southern economy and drive the price of cotton and tobacco through the roof and no one would be able to smoke a pipe or buy bolts of fabric because of the high cost of paying someone to do it rather than having slave labor.

So this is a tired old pro slavery argument about paying a living wage to those who do the work that some say Americans will not do. And I say pay a living wage and Americans will do those jobs.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Isn't that like saying that if I'm broke, out of work and need to feed my family...I can steal from someone else and that should be "Ok"?

If it is possible to come here legally, and you choose not to...you are breaking the law. THAT is plain and simple.
edit on 6/9/2011 by WeAreAWAKE because: Oops...meant to quote not reply. Probably out of context. Sorry!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

"i'll leave you all to your scapegoating with this little gem of IRONY

you all want the gov to keep out of YOUR business
but want it to come down hard on folks you dislike [for very small minded reasons i might add]"

A clear case of someone not reading the thread or paying attention to what has been said.
This boggles my mind. Had you have read and payed attention to everything that has been presented in this thread and others like it, you would clearly see that we want our existing laws enforced and you would clearly see why. Coming down hard on folks for wanting our laws upheld and our people protected? Small minded reasons? OMG! Please read the thread!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE

Isn't that like saying that if I'm broke, out of work and need to feed my family...I can steal from someone else and that should be "Ok"?

If it is possible to come here legally, and you choose not to...you are breaking the law. THAT is plain and simple.

But by that logic if it isn't possible to be admited legally then would it be OK to enter illegally?

There are requirements and limits to the number of people allowed per country.

Some would say that breaking a law to ease human suffering is the right thing to do. Others stick by the law no matter what.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE

But by that logic if it isn't possible to be admited legally then would it be OK to enter illegally?

There are requirements and limits to the number of people allowed per country.

Some would say that breaking a law to ease human suffering is the right thing to do. Others stick by the law no matter what.

Here we go again. If you are easing the suffering of an illegal by displacing a citizen so the citizen suffers, that makes no sense. There is a reason we have limits in numbers. If we are to ease the illegals suffering, what about the entire worlds poor people? We can't let them all in. Common sense!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Here we go again. If you are easing the suffering of an illegal by displacing a citizen so the citizen suffers, that makes no sense. There is a reason we have limits in numbers. If we are to ease the illegals suffering, what about the entire worlds poor people? We can't let them all in. Common sense!

That's your opinion. Your also one that sticks by the law no matter what.

Nobody said you have to ease anybodies suffering. The idea is that they ease their own suffering by doing whatever they need to do even if it includes breaking a law. This applies to everyone everywhere not just the subjects at hand.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well, maybe if they worked on getting their problems straightened out south of the border, they wouldn't need to come here.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by yrwehere1

AMEN! Someone else who gets it! I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. If you want a free, democratic society then revolt in your own country and change it. Just goes to show how lazy and manipulative they are. It's easier to siphon off the money from our country than to fix their own!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlffmn27
reply to post by macman

Every person, no matter what country their from, has a right as humans to provide for their family and to live in humane conditions. Those rights trump US laws and borders any day.

It's hard for many of them to come here legally because they live in poverty and for the most part it's hard for them to afford it.

I would do the same thing if I was in their position and I'm sure that would to.

No, you could not be more wrong.
Their rights do not trump US law and borders. In order to believe this, you have got to live under a rainbow with a unicorn as your transportation and gnomes as your neighbors.
This is pure fantasy.

Yes, if placed in the same situation, I might cross illegally. But, the difference is I would not suckle at the Govt tit, cry foul and whip others into a frenzy over being caught. Be prepared to suffer the consequences of your actions.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by livefreeordieinnh
To quote one of the greatest works of English ever:

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Sorry, but this does not suggest open borders, no immigration policies and no enforcement of who and how people come here.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by yrwehere1
Well, maybe if they worked on getting their problems straightened out south of the border, they wouldn't need to come here.

This implies that they need to flee because of problems south of the border. I don't beilieve that. It may be true for some but I doubt that it is generaly true.

Just because the old cliche of making a better life for themselves is often used doesn't mean that there life is bad to begin with just that it's "supposedly" better up north.

edit on 10-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by minesweeper

Originally posted by Antiquated1

Originally posted by Evola
Hunting down and arresting criminals is not discrimination.

Would you advocate "hunting down and arresting" illegal drug users by stopping anyone that looks like they might be a drug user and detaining them until they pass a drug test?

i agree with mac on this

You said “looks like they are a drug user” which anyone would interpret as “appearing high” on narcotics. Reword your question or come up with a better analogy.

Then you are both wrong. A "drug user" is not necessarily a high person. You never saw some guy with waist length hair, scruffy beard, sporting a Phish T-shirt and assumed he probably smokes pot, whether he looked high at the moment or not? This is really simple if you talk to a cop or know anything about drug use.

That girl with bad skin, she looks like a meth user.
That kid with the long hair, looks like a pot smoker.

This is ATS for crying out loud. Read some threads about the bad things some cops can and will do to people and then tell me you would like the way they decide who looks like a "drug user" and who does not. If you really think that only means people that look high, I have a bridge to sell you.

Sorry for asking a simple question as it is clear most people did not even read the OP, let alone read the posts they respond to.

This is a win for progressives/liberals

All they wanted was for AZ to drop the "papers please" part and go after businesses. They are. This thread is full of righties patting themselves on the back for being brave and strong enough to give in.
So much for interesting discussion on the facts and reality.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
High Court Upholds Arizona Law

FINALLY! A positive for those of us championing the illegal alien ouster in this country! Arizona can impose sanctions on businesses that knowingly hire illegal workers. They can also lose their business license. WOOHOO!!! About time the SC ruled correctly! Take that Obama!

Good, this should help out employment in the region I am at because of the similarities between Hazleton's Ordnance against illegal immigration(would take away business licenses to any employer caught hiring illegals). Because let's put it this way, I would estimate 30% of the manufacturing/assembly places here you have to speak spanish to get a job.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

And no American should be forced to speak a foreign language in their own country just to get a job!! No illegal should hold a job that belongs to the American citizen!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join