It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Wins Immigration Suit!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
High Court Upholds Arizona Law

FINALLY! A positive for those of us championing the illegal alien ouster in this country! Arizona can impose sanctions on businesses that knowingly hire illegal workers. They can also lose their business license. WOOHOO!!! About time the SC ruled correctly! Take that Obama!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Well all I can say is that at least they're punishing the businesses who employ undocumented immigrants instead of going after the migrants themselves. Hopefully the with this the witch hunt against immigrants in America will calm down a bit.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Its too bad that people just looking to work, and make better lives for themselves suffer so much discrimination.

I think its sad. They are people, not "Illegal Aliens".

For hundreds of years they have been working the farms, and labour jobs that most in the area aren't even willing to do.

Losing them as workers, but not subsidising the farmers will bring a downfall in the agricultural community in the area.

I hope you are just as happy when the food prices begin to soar.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Not immigrants. Illegal immigrants.
My family on both sides got their visas and came to this country. Even became citizens.
My wifes parents got green cards.

It's not an impossible task to come to this country legally.
Maybe it's not easy but not impossible.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is a giant leap in the right direction and hopefully will signal a brighter future for states rights.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by lifeissacred

Not immigrants. Illegal immigrants.
My family on both sides got their visas and came to this country. Even became citizens.
My wifes parents got green cards.

It's not an impossible task to come to this country legally.
Maybe it's not easy but not impossible.

Recently?

In what years did they immigrant legally?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Good win, but the Progressives will find a way to circumvent it... just like they always do.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

First and foremost they are human beings who don't deserve to be victims of a hate campaign for trying to make a better life for themselves and their families.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Um gee - - do you think they're gonna target dark skin?

We have a northern border too.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by grey580

First and foremost they are human beings who don't deserve to be victims of a hate campaign for trying to make a better life for themselves and their families.

Yep, wanting a better life "trumps" breaking federal law to do so, more then likely being involved one way or another with illegal gangs to get here and then getting work by either lying about ID, stealing/assuming ID or working under the table.

My life would be better living rent free in your house. Please provide your address so I can make my trek to better living.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I lived in Arizona for about 5 years.

Didn't meet many Canadians living there.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Its too bad that people just looking to work, and make better lives for themselves suffer so much discrimination.

Hunting down and arresting criminals is not discrimination.

I think its sad. They are people, not "Illegal Aliens".

You can't be both?

For hundreds of years they have been working the farms, and labour jobs that most in the area aren't even willing to do.

Illegals dominated these fields because they can be payed bellow minimum wage, not because normal resident won't do the jobs.

edit on 8-6-2011 by Evola because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evola

Would you advocate "hunting down and arresting" illegal drug users by stopping anyone that looks like they might be a drug user and detaining them until they pass a drug test?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I love it when those from across the Northern Border chime in on US laws and Policies.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

Would you advocate "hunting down and arresting" illegal drug users by stopping anyone that looks like they might be a drug user and detaining them until they pass a drug test?

Actually being under the influence is not the crime. So your logic does not apply.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Evola

Exactly.

People who are citizens are willing to do the same jobs as illegals. The only differance is that they want decent wages, health care and paid vacations.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

that makes me laugh, how many "americans" work under the table... or lie about thier ID's...

"Many are associated with gangs" are you kidding, please post your source thank you.

The argricultural sector is suffering, and no one wants to work there, and the government does't want to help the farmers by subsidising them to pay for workers, which means that America has to BUY MORE FOOD, from other countries, where they pay their workers next to nothing, and have food shortages.

But as long as they are not working in your backyard, and far away out of sight it's alright.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Good win, but the Progressives will find a way to circumvent it... just like they always do.

Did you read the article?

WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court has sustained Arizona's law that penalizes businesses for hiring workers who are in the United States illegally, rejecting arguments that states have no role in immigration matters.

That is what "progressives" wanted from Arizona. Looks to me like Arizona compromised on it's "stop any brown guy" law and passed what the "progressives" suggested would be a better alternative. Can you show me any place where any liberals, progressives, or Democrats argued against punishing businesses for hiring illegals?
edit on 8-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If they receive public assistance, yes indeed! If I have to pass a drug screening to get a job, then they should have to pass one to get assistance!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Actually being under the influence is not the crime. So your logic does not apply.

I never said one thing about being under the influence. I specifically asked about an illegal activity. So your logic seems to be missing altogether.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join