It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Wins Immigration Suit!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
High Court Upholds Arizona Law

FINALLY! A positive for those of us championing the illegal alien ouster in this country! Arizona can impose sanctions on businesses that knowingly hire illegal workers. They can also lose their business license. WOOHOO!!! About time the SC ruled correctly! Take that Obama!

It looks like Arizona is leading the way.
Go Arizona go!
-----------------------
I was thinking if we fix Mexico then the illegal immigrants would return home voluntarily.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am in shock and awe that Justice Sonia La Raza..er...Sotomayor dissented in this decision.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

the immigrants you speak of are here illegaly, they are breaking the law. there is no witch hunt, send them all back to where ever they came from and make them do it legal

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Many immigrants that come here illegally aren't involved with the drug cartels. For the most part that's the reason that they are leaving. The drug cartels practically run the Mexican government and there's not much that the average Mexican working-class family can do about it. So they come here to avoid being murdered by the drug cartels or to provide for their families. There's no doubt in my mind that everyone on here who thinks all the immigrants should be deported or arrested would do the same exact thing that the illegal's are doing if they were faced with the same situation. These people are trying to save their families lives and give their children a chance to live a good and comfortable life.

Obviously some of the people who come across illegally come here for truly illegal purposes. Those people should be put in prison without a doubt but people that come here to try and keep their family alive and out of harms way shouldn't have to suffer when they come to the country where everybody is promised a chance at the "American dream".

If anything we should be providing these people with citizenship so that they can contribute to our society legally. Kicking them back across the border (which is useless since they'll cross again anyway) and throwing them in overcrowded prisons isn't going to solve the problem. We need to help the people who need our help and put the criminals in prison.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by haarvik

Well all I can say is that at least they're punishing the businesses who employ undocumented immigrants instead of going after the migrants themselves. Hopefully the with this the witch hunt against immigrants in America will calm down a bit.

Well, when businesses have to crack down internally and take responsibility with the spectre of losing their license, then the illegals will have to migrate to places with less severe punishments. They will fan out to other states, putting more pressure on nearby states with the financial burdens of hospitalization and education.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlffmn27
reply to post by macman

Many immigrants that come here illegally aren't involved with the drug cartels. For the most part that's the reason that they are leaving. The drug cartels practically run the Mexican government and there's not much that the average Mexican working-class family can do about it. So they come here to avoid being murdered by the drug cartels or to provide for their families. There's no doubt in my mind that everyone on here who thinks all the immigrants should be deported or arrested would do the same exact thing that the illegal's are doing if they were faced with the same situation. These people are trying to save their families lives and give their children a chance to live a good and comfortable life.

Obviously some of the people who come across illegally come here for truly illegal purposes. Those people should be put in prison without a doubt but people that come here to try and keep their family alive and out of harms way shouldn't have to suffer when they come to the country where everybody is promised a chance at the "American dream".

If anything we should be providing these people with citizenship so that they can contribute to our society legally. Kicking them back across the border (which is useless since they'll cross again anyway) and throwing them in overcrowded prisons isn't going to solve the problem. We need to help the people who need our help and put the criminals in prison.

Why don't you go try that out in Mexico and see how it works out. They have harsh immigration policies. See if they will just give you automatic citizenship for breaking into their country and demanding free education and welfare. Please let us know the results.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
I am in shock and awe that Justice Sonia La Raza..er...Sotomayor dissented in this decision.

/TOA

Heheheh I love the dry humor. And nobody saw it coming either

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

This was already a federal law, the feds just refused to enforce it, now the states can enforce it themselves.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wlffmn27

The whole bleeding heart thing does very little for me.
Yes, Mexico is sliding into the abyss. But that does not trump US Law and borders. If that was the case, we should open it up for everyone in S. Africa and portions of the ME. Sorry, but no.

If they want to come here, then do so legally.

If you want them so bad, write your Congressman. Oh wait, NY is basically a sanctuary City/State already.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Oh Baloney! Mexico's problems are the result of their own corrupt greed. Mexico is a wealthy country with oil, gold, agriculture, and all the same jobs that Mexicans come to the states for. The wealthy elite at the top give the best jobs to their cronies, just like Obama does here, and the rest they push to the borders. They pay the workers lower wages than the supposedly greedy corporatists in America do, so the workers come here for higher paying jobs. If you don't believe me, a simple google search will show I am correct. I did it for an assignment in economics class.

www.limitstogrowth.org...
edit on 9-6-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Every person, no matter what country their from, has a right as humans to provide for their family and to live in humane conditions. Those rights trump US laws and borders any day.

It's hard for many of them to come here legally because they live in poverty and for the most part it's hard for them to afford it.

I would do the same thing if I was in their position and I'm sure that would to.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Oh Baloney! Mexico's problems are the result of their own corrupt greed. Mexico is a wealthy country with oil, gold, agriculture, and all the same jobs that Mexicans come to the states for. The wealthy elite at the top give the best jobs to their cronies, just like Obama does here, and the rest they push to the borders. They pay the workers lower wages than the supposedly greedy corporatists in America do, so the workers come here for higher paying jobs. If you don't believe me, a simple google search will show I am correct. I did it for an assignment in economics class.

www.limitstogrowth.org...

Doesn't the richest man in the world live in Mexico?
Carlos Slim - Chairman, Telmex

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Every person, no matter what country their from, has a right as humans to provide for their family and to live in humane conditions. Those rights trump US laws and borders any day.

It's hard for many of them to come here legally because they live in poverty and for the most part it's hard for them to afford it.

I would do the same thing if I was in their position and I'm sure that would to.

Every person has a right to provide for their families, but NOT at the expense of my own, or my legal neighbors. You want the illegals to have the job that your family members have then fine.

That line about them not being able to afford to come here legally doesn't cut it.They spend quite a bit of money for their stolen identities and fake documents. If you live in poverty, how do you afford such things? Give me a break! I have known many illegals and have yet to meet a starving one. We have starving people all over the world, it doesn't mean that America can afford to take them all in and provide for them.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

really and nafta has nothing to do with it?

the dea and arms merchants are responsible for the violence
there was a thread less than 3 days ago here about that
U.S. Special Ops Troops Deployed in Mexico, Leaked Briefing Confirmswww.abovetopsecret.com...
Mexican cartels have MILITARY weapons Not guns from US gun shopswww.abovetopsecret.com...
a simple search.....

and bigoted posters are not applying the sword of reason to distinguish between economic refugees and the zetas

and don't use your 3rd eye for reading posts, use the 2 regular ones

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Millions of illegals are not escaping because of drug cartels. Some yes. We have drug cartels here in the USA, we have dangerous neighborhoods where people are shot just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, Our poor people can't afford to move and escape from criminals.

The American dream has turned into the American nightmare. Millions of our own citizens want a chance at a better life and a way to provide for their families as well. They should not be displaced by illegals.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

funny how slavish in your conduct y'all are. mexico's economic problems are a result of US Corp/GOV policy

Oh, pardonnez-moi! I thought you were blaming all of Mexico's problems on US policy. You just meant the drug cartels and not all the greed, political corruption, bribes, and wealthy elite pushing the the less worthy over the borders. I should have known. I thought you were saying that it was the US causing a million Mexicans a year to knowingly cross the border illegally and risk death in the desert and once here, to get the same jobs that were in Mexico but at a higher wage, and then send remittances back home to their corrupt govt. Wow, I am so glad we cleared that up.

Oh, and what was that insane swipe about BIGOTED posters not knowing the difference between economic refugees and zetas?

Here's your exact quote I was referring to anyway

funny how slavish in your conduct y'all are. mexico's economic problems are a result of US Corp/GOV policy

And after you posted that, I thought I would clear up some of the confusion about greed and corruption in Mexico, since you were blaming ALL Of Mexico's problems on the US, not to mention that we IMPORT their oil instead of drilling for it ourselves in the Gulf, thanks to Obama's moratorium.

And your Sicilian folks? Did you not even see the tv Series Ellis Island? Most likely they had to come to NY via that route, unless they crossed the ocean in boats like the Cubans(not a likely scenario) or they stowed away on fancy oceanliners. It makes not one iota of difference. Either they came through Ellis Island or they were illegal. And quite possibly they were detained for a while before leaving Ellis Island.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by groingrinder
Mexican is not a race.

So now you want to bring up Ethnic Heritage? Mexican is anyone born in Mexico.

However- - ethnicity "Mexican" is French/Spanish/Native indigenous. There is much prejudice against dark skin. Darker skin indicates Native indigenous - - - which is kind of like blacks to whites.

Also - - poorer people tend to live along the border.

This is not the subject of discussion.

Women of Spain were originally blonde hair, and fair skin, till the Moors concquered, so some of that darker skin can be Moors of various flavors, as the Spanish then concquered Mexico.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Women of Spain were originally blonde hair, and fair skin, till the Moors concquered, so some of that darker skin can be Moors of various flavors, as the Spanish then concquered Mexico.

I know that. Kept it simple on purpose.

Actually I think it was northern Spain which was fair - - and southern Spain darker because of migration from the south. Kind of like Ireland. My maternal ancestors are from southern Ireland and have the thick dark wavy hair.

I enjoy cultural/social anthropology.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Here is what happens when you give rights to illegals and trump the laws and borders. One child was beheaded and the other two were nearly decapitated by two illegal aliens.
An illegal alien caused an 18 year old girl to lose both her legs above the knees.
A pregnant woman was murdered by two illegal aliens while crossing a street.
A young single mom was brutally raped and murdered by an illegal alien.
One father was stabbed to death by an ilegal alien while defending his 15 year old daughter.
A mother of two deaf girls 17 and 14, were violently raped by 3 illegal aliens. One of the girls has cerebral palsy.

48,000 Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens since 9/11. Many of these illegals have had numerous arrests and deportations. Thousands of deaths that could have been avoided had our laws been enforced

You still want rights for illegals and open borders? Think again!

edit on 9-6-2011 by Night Star because: including video

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

The drug cartels are a much larger and dangerous problem there than they are here. They practically run the Mexican government.

But you do have a good point. I'm not trying to say that we should forget our own people and cater more to the immigrants but I feel that there is a better solution to the problem other than just kicking the illegals out and telling them not to come back. For the most part many of them will come back anyway. I just think that we should be able to handle this problem better than we are and come with a better solution.

No matter how many laws we pass or how many times we tell illegal immigrants that we don't want them here they're not going to stop coming. Many of these people are just trying to provide a better life for their families.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join