It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Wins Immigration Suit!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I can see you are passionate and take this issue personally.

Just have a few questions for you to put in context ( I have an idea, but lets see).

- did your grandparents(from what you said were illegal immigrants) take welfare, or apply for government assistance (doubt it, probably like my grandparents and would rather starve first)?

- From their teachings to you (so I doubt it): did they save every dime and send money back to Sicily, to eventually move back to?

- did they live in housing with several other of your illegal family members, to maximize savings for above question?

- Did they discuss and exchange ideas on how to game and exploit the system with friends and workers, because it was easy (a leading question I know.. but relevant.)?

- Not that it matters, a lot of good hard working citizens have many children, but how many siblings did your mom or dad have?

There is a big difference, and you are embracing a culture because you might think your pride is somehow affected, I assure you it's not the same thing.

Your grandparents sounded very wise and they were in the true American spirit, if you want to immigrate to another country this should be in your soul

"you are an American, forget about the old country, this is your country and it's the greatest in the world and you have every reason to be proud of being an American"

edit on 8-6-2011 by querious because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2011 by querious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Illegals can be arrested and deported for breaking the law.

Using someone else's SSN to get work is a violation of the law.

Driving without or with a license that is obtained with fake information is a violation of the law.

Giving false information on government documents is against the law.

Taking services under false pretences is against the law.

The illegals break these laws all the time. but the feds do nothing.
This leaves the states to enforce these laws.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twisted1
Forgive me but I just have to ask,,,,, Did your mother drop you on your head, on top of a cactus with really big spikes and drag you by your feet over rocks while your head just bounced from one rock to the next while illegally crossing the border at the Sonora Desert????? No offense,,,,just asking

Please tell me what you actually personally know about the illegal situation in Arizona.

Do you live there?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

ok 1st
have you ever heard of CAFR?

basically only 1/3 of the governments income is from taxes
the other 2/3 of the governments income comes from income derived from investment capital (liquid assets, stocks bonds etc), which they used the peoples taxes to kick off but keep it hidden from the people.

www.cafr1.com...
www.cafr1.com...
www.project.nsearch.com...
CAFRs: The Biggest Secret $60 trillion invested by US government www.abovetopsecret.com...
The One Thing they will not discuss, CAFR www.abovetopsecret.com...

NYC (just the city)is siting on more than 2.2 trillion Dollars* of investment capital (liquid assets, stocks bonds etc)
the US-gov is sitting on more than 64 trillion Dollars* of investment capital (liquid assets, stocks bonds etc) [*these are 2010 numbers]

and that's not counting income from black-ops

and 2nd

illegal immigrants aren't taking anybody's job; those that have the jobs to give, are giving it to them, and anyone willing to work for what i will call a chinamans salary.

i forgot to mention in my previous post that penalizing the businesses that are hiring the illegals in the 1st place[why no hate directed at them ehh?] is definitely good news IMO.

perhaps due to all the hating on this thread.

to the haters:

yeah, keep it up haters, your masters are very pleased with how easy it is to get you to hate and attack others, while they rape the world, and YOU too, and suffer not at all for their crimes.

edit on 8-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Oh well, we will take that risk without care

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by haarvik

Well all I can say is that at least they're punishing the businesses who employ undocumented immigrants instead of going after the migrants themselves. Hopefully the with this the witch hunt against immigrants in America will calm down a bit.

I am guessing you live no where near the border?

If you did you would know more about what you speak instead of what you read in liberal papers.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Twisted1
Forgive me but I just have to ask,,,,, Did your mother drop you on your head, on top of a cactus with really big spikes and drag you by your feet over rocks while your head just bounced from one rock to the next while illegally crossing the border at the Sonora Desert????? No offense,,,,just asking

Please tell me what you actually personally know about the illegal situation in Arizona.

Do you live there?

The illegal immigrants who cross the Sonoran desert do not just make it to Arizona and stop. They travel on to other states. Arizona is but a gateway for some of the illegals. Other states have their own problems with illegals, so you trying to say if one doesn't live in or have firsthand knowledge of the problem in Arizona, they should have nothing to say. PUHLEEEASE!

I am from Texas, and I know firsthand the impact illegal immigration has on the border states. I also realize that many illegals enter through Texas, but continue on to many other states. I personally applaud Arizona for sticking to their guns and fighting the big fight. Maybe now, other states will follow suit, and we will see an impact on the problems that are facing America, as we fall deeper into debt. It's not about race, although many want to throw that card on the table every time this discussion comes up. It's about right and wrong, legal and illegal.

The father of 2 of my grandchildren is here illegally from Honduras. You would be hard pressed to pick him out of a crowd as being of Hispanic origin. So, lose the chip and discuss rationally, the issue at hand. OK Senorita?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by haarvik

Well all I can say is that at least they're punishing the businesses who employ undocumented immigrants instead of going after the migrants themselves. Hopefully the with this the witch hunt against immigrants in America will calm down a bit.

I am guessing you live no where near the border?

If you did you would know more about what you speak instead of what you read in liberal papers.

Please explain.

As I do live on the border.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

yep, tis true!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6269e2383ba9.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by retiredTxn
The illegal immigrants who cross the Sonoran desert do not just make it to Arizona and stop. They travel on to other states. Arizona is but a gateway for some of the illegals. Other states have their own problems with illegals, so you trying to say if one doesn't live in or have firsthand knowledge of the problem in Arizona, they should have nothing to say. PUHLEEEASE!

That is not what I am saying.

But its pretty easy to tell who has experience with this subject and who doesn't - - - by what they post.

I have a friend in Oregon who tells me about the migrant apple pickers. Where migrant workers used to work with specific owners/bosses - - today they have no loyalty - - but who ever pays the highest.

There is a black market of farmers/ranchers/grove owners - - looking for good foreman - - and they pay under the table.

Its really bad all the way around.

edit on 8-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by querious

Thank you for posting this map It shows just how big a problem illegal
immigration is. Not only in the border states, but in all the states of our union.
Star for you for contributing an easy way to point out the bigger problem.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Nice map -- but feel we should have access to the full report.

www.stateline.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Nowadays, all Americans are affected, in one way or another, by illegal immigrants.
The actual effect each person experiences may differ by degree, but overall, each of us
have to bear the burden of illegals and their impact on our economy and our safety.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by retiredTxn
reply to post by Annee

Nowadays, all Americans are affected, in one way or another, by illegal immigrants.
The actual effect each person experiences may differ by degree, but overall, each of us
have to bear the burden of illegals and their impact on our economy and our safety.

OK - - but I take a different approach.

The focus is on the Mexican border - - - when high profile drugs are coming through the Canadian border. But is anyone even thinking about the Canadian border? Not your average poster.

This is an Ethnic witch hunt. That's what disturbs me.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Can you please show me a news story of illegal Canadian immigrants stuffed one hundred people in a drop house?

You are just as capable as I am of researching illegal drugs coming across the Canadian border.

Or is it - - - you just want to hang on to "ITS THE MEXICANS"?

I will give you three guesses why it is the Mexicans who are investigated as illegal aliens in Arizona!
Here is your first clue.
Here is your second clue.
As you and anyone else here can clearly see there is a logical reason that Mexicans are investigated as illegal aliens. It is not racial profiling. Mexican is not a race. It is heads up law enforcement. To not do it is still heads up. [color=#FF0000]HEADS UP SOMEBODYS REAR END.

So let us review. Investigate for CANADIAN ILLEGALS in the NORTHERN BORDER STATES. Investigate for MEXICAN ILLEGALS in the SOUTHERN BORDER STATES. I hope everybody understands a little bit better now.

edit on 6-9-2011 by groingrinder because: EDITED BECAUSE OF THE BUG IN THE BB CODE CAUSED BY APOSTROPHES

edit on 6-9-2011 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

maybe in your parents days it wasnt impossible but i have been trying to bring my fiancee here to the usa for three years and they wont even give her a tourist visa!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Mexican is not a race.

So now you want to bring up Ethnic Heritage? Mexican is anyone born in Mexico.

However- - ethnicity "Mexican" is French/Spanish/Native indigenous. There is much prejudice against dark skin. Darker skin indicates Native indigenous - - - which is kind of like blacks to whites.

Also - - poorer people tend to live along the border.

This is not the subject of discussion.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
That's super.

"Illegals are people too!" "They just want to make a better life for their families!"

Well, guess what? Plenty of American citizens want better lives for their legal families too.
If, however, they happen to work in the manual labor field especially, their wages are being driven down by illegals.
You used to make 5.00 a yard to install carpet? Now you make 2.25 in order to compete with illegals. However YOU still have to pay income taxes, or get SWAT teamed - while the illegals work tax free!
"Americans don't want the jobs illegals do!"
BS. Americans can't afford to pay income taxes AND eat on the driven down wages caused by the free-loading illegals.

I guess breaking laws is fine and dandy as long as it's under the guise of "Making a better life for my family!"
I guess I'll just start a meth lab. Get some regular customers and provide for my family under the radar tax free!
What's the big deal?
I just wants me a better life for my fams! OMG! Stop being racist!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

OK - - but I take a different approach.

The focus is on the Mexican border - - - when high profile drugs are coming through the Canadian border. But is anyone even thinking about the Canadian border? Not your average poster.

This is an Ethnic witch hunt. That's what disturbs me.

I think if you read this recent post here on ATS, the Canadian border is being scrutinized the same as the southern border.

ATS Thread

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join