It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News: Tornadoes Caused by Military? Recent Events Fuel Conspiracy Theories

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

I must say, i was watching the footages of the tornados and when i had heard how many had touched down in the last month alone i was astounded, then i saw the devistation, then i saw the one that formed in that river and was sucking up the water and crossed over the bridge, that was amazing that footage, but i said to my partner, THATS not normal, these amounts of tornados are not normal! i believe there is a 90% chance they are being caused by
HAARP and the millitary.i think someone who knows weather monitoring and has access to weather radars needs to monitor where and how these tornados are forming.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

Fail... You are right
sorry

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Clearly a hit piece, as well as the book itself. Looks like they are stepping up countermeasures.

Let's face it, though - there ARE a lot of really questionable claims on this site and other conspiracy themed outlets. I'm not going to get specific, but yeah, there's a lot of chaff to winnow.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

They mixed two very unplausible theories, like the tornado and the dead actors, to "Osama bin Laden killing hoax" theory.

Osama bin Laden killing hoax theory is extremely plausible, because the government story line changes many times, facts don't match the story line, evidence hasn't been provided, and previous reports of Osama bin Laden being dead, reports even by credible sources such as Banazir Bhuto.

That being said, it is obvious that they are trying to discredit the "Osama bin Laden killing hoax" theory. They are trying to compare it to two very unplausible theories, obviously for a reason.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

I could warn everyone I know and don't know about Eye-floaters being just Government Nano-tech Devices to Control Our Brains (DECOB)... But with no facts to support such claim I'd be exposing myself to be called "conspiracy theorist" to say the least. Or lunatic, in a bad day.

Eye floaters are simply nano bots hmmm interesting and a first for me, thanks.
I have been told that it is common for bacteria to grow under the eye lens which causes the "floaters" yet I am open to your theory as well

Richard Smalley was always one of my favorite speakers to listen to. I still believe grey goo is possible...

I am experiencing de ja voodoo as I type this...

I also believe HAARP is completely capable of various types of weather mod.

When O was voter fraud elected as president he stated that conspiracy theory will not be tolerated yet we are still here...or are we?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
ABC reporter is an idiot

And there is this: Osama bin Laden is still alive, and the raid in which daring Navy SEALs shot him dead on April 29 was fabricated to improve President Obama's chances of winning re-election.

He died on may 2nd........ idiot! lol MSM sucks

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I love it, it starts out with Bin Laden conspiracy, they bring up HAARP, and to prove that these theorist are all crazy they bring up an expert who can only comment on 9/11, but he never says we are actually nuts and does not debunk any information

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Cool let em come, they are a bunch of corporate employees working for a corporate city town or state, that has no jurisdiction over mass such as us.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The statement at 1:40 is complete bull.

Of COURSE we pay attention to MSM... it's the best place to sniff out the latest propaganda to expose.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I know they did it. There hasn't natural weather on this planet for years and years.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Am I the only one who thinks this interview actually gave a more positive view of conspiracy theorists? He starts out by saying that he believed they are crazy loons surfing fringe websites for news, but then he goes on to say that he was very surprised to find out that most of the people he talked to were actually very intelligent and highly educated. He also states that these people do a lot of research and are very detailed with their theories. If that's not a compliment, I don't know what is. He may not believe the theories, but looks to me like he gives credit where it is due. While the interview is easily dismissed as a hit piece (especially with words such as "radical", "fringe" etc. being thrown around), sounds to me like he's surprised by what he actually finds.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
conspiracy theorists where did this term originate I prefer Truth Seekers or Seekers of Truth. I don't know about you folks but I no longer tell people about this side of my life. the label conspiracy theorist is the new enemy cause truth is forbidden. they want us to be good little sheep and follow the herd. well I say @#$% you!!!!!!!!!! we are the few that question the many we are the holders of light in the darkness of the world. how long must we hide in shadows? the underground resistance of the status qou. they are trying to make us into terrorists of the mind and soul a new enemy to conquer or manipulate to further there sordid agendas. why? because we question what is told to us, by those in power. truth is rarely simple, perfect, pretty compact it is mostly complicated sordid gross. they fear us they fear the truth we may uncover. the lies they tell us we see through. ask the right question is the hidden mantra of a conspiracy theorist. the debates here rival those at the united nations and are legendary.

ask yourself this question, what is more dangerous a bomb, a gun, a word spoken or a thought shared? the answer as I see it is they are all the same, equally dangerous that is why they seek to ridicule make us out as crazies the tin foil hat bunch. they cant kill us they don't want martyrs better to make us out as insane potentially a danger to ourselves and others and in need of help. this way big brother can come in and save us from ourselves. this is one of the reasons why I look to the stars cause here on earth all I see is madness by those with and in power and I ask myself is this all there is? no there must be more up and out there......................

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It's a positive sign to know that so many more people are now looking elsewhere for their 'facts' than just these three mega huge multinational conglomerates.

The fact that they are nervous enough to run a character assassination piece such as this is a testament to the ever expanding consciousness in each of us, old and new ATS members alike.

Keep arguing, searching, debunking and debating ATS, the world needs you now more than ever...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I personally can't stand how some of the posters on this thread are like "NOOO WAYY This weather is impossible this time of year" when in fact weather itself is impossible to predict at 100% perfection. I mean seriously, I live in Florida, one of the wackiest weathered states in the U.S. and these recent weather events don't suprise me one bit.

You can't put a guideline on Mother Nature guys and gals, you just can't. She's likely to get even more crazy if you try to (to the HAARP believers). When viewed from an anti-everything-is-a-conspiracy-perspective, you'll see that it's even more likely than possible that this weather "phenomenon" as many like to call it, is simply the Earth changing and adapting to what is occuring on it's surface (That being the parasites labled Human).

I'm no ECO-Super Hero, or an over-assumptuous conspiracy fanatic, but I think what we have here is just a plain, old, birthday suprise from Earth itself/herself/himself. You can't shove conspiracy into EVERYTHING just because it's out of the ordinary.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Out in the open, 'fast and furious!'
and so it begins...
The news report is at best, laughable as the book.
Sadly, ones who not know better will believe it.

The MSM twists and turns so much, people finally woke, theorists or not, to seek more truth. To study each story each report, before they believe... that fact that they can with the www at their hands.
It is the MSM's faulty reporting(and not thorough) that has caused this, not 'crazy crackpots.'

'So horrible' that the people are seeking an alternative route to their cut and paste AP and Routers bought articles that spew all the same, are now...

Idiot savants! that are radicals!?
No further words...
edit on 2-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Of course he's one of them!!! He has a UFO sitting on a bookshelf behind him!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

They are referring that it's never been like this before. Most tornado deaths on record ever. There's an ATS thread/s and and article about it.
Gov., intervention of the storms or not or even talk of pre 2012 activity, this is not common weather.

Spring/summer rain won't stop with the tornadoes.
Hurricane season is said is predicted to be vary active, more so than the last years. As you live in FL, don't laugh this off. Be safe, be aware.

Hey look! even CNN says it will be an above average season.

NOAA said among the factors leading to the above-average season is warm Atlantic water. Sea surface temperatures in areas where storms are likely to form are up 2 degrees Fahrenheit from average temperatures, NOAA said.

Source here

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox

Say you are working on a project to protect earth from hostile off-planet forces. Your project is secret - very high security - for at least two reasons. First, you don't want to scare the public about hostile aliens because that could cause a panic and mass hysteria. Second, the hostile aliens have agents on earth who are very good at infiltrating such projects. Proposed handling: Any time a researcher (usually perfectly well-meaning) gets too close to exposing some activity connected to the project, have someone from the CIA approach him with some "juicy" disinformation related to what he is working on. Then after he publishes, have another guy from the CIA (or somewhere) leak a scathing debunk of the disinfo that was planted on the first guy to a second researcher who is considered a rival. Then that researcher publishes, and the first researcher loses his credibility. And you just keep playing these various information outlets against each other so that no one ever gets it right. As a result, the enemy remains hopelessly misinformed as well (you hope.)

Very interesting that you say this.
You should read this:
www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
Not saying I agree the gov did this, but ABC quick comes to explain to "normal people" that this is just conspiracy theory. And calls of "radical sites" (ATS?) where the people are free to discuss these kinds of subjects. It's official now. We are crazy. The mainstream media says so. Plus promoting a book.

Do you want to hear irony? Although I participate in a diverse set of topics, I do not come to 'Above Top Secret' for the conspiracy theories. If someone did a check on my thread replies, they would find out that I am a very-very deep skeptic. When it comes to theories about government conspiracies, the only threads I find deeply interesting are about ufos. All other conspiracy theories are too-too complex.

9/11 Conspiracy Theories - involve too many moving parts to be real. Majority of them have been modified over a billion times, so that new information can fit into some type of narrative.

Obama's Birth Certificate Theory - was rather interesting at the beginning. Once Obama finally showed his birth certificate, people started to come up with a more complex story. Even though I did not have any doubts, I found the theories to be more believable than the 9/11 Conspiracy Theories. Now, they have become a joke.

Weather Manipulation Theories - sound too science-fiction for my taste. If we have the capability to control weather, why have we not used the technology to cool off the arctic regions? Why would someone want to kill everyone on Earth? It would be a very boring place. "I rule myself! Yeah!!!" Makes no sense at all.

I personally think everyone has a wide imagination, and sometimes people allow their obsessions to get out of control. All conspiracy theories that involve too many moveable pieces are fake. If people were interested in finding the truth, they would look for the simplest and mundane explanations.

Boring explanations are more likely to be true.

Complex explanations are more likely to be fake.

edit on 6/2/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Classic disinformation. The media only covers conspiracy theories they know aren't true. The whole rapture thing, Jerusalem lights, and this. But the actual conspiracy theories that deserve investigations never get the attention they deserve.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join