It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News: Tornadoes Caused by Military? Recent Events Fuel Conspiracy Theories

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Im also speculative about the USA's own experiments with geophysical weapons. The russain state Duma expressed concern about the united states ability to produce a new type of weapon, that may affect the near earth medium with high frequency radio waves back in 02'. In a appeal circulated on August 8th Duma said " the significance of this qualitative leap could be compared to the transition from cold steel to firearms or from conventional weapons to nuclear weapons"

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Cry me a river! Awe some people get their information elsewhere instead of the the MSM? Perhaps, the MSM has got to step their game up, and report about the important stories and issues of the day? Instead we get Representative, Anthony Weiner, in his boxers on a twitter pic all over the news, and the same day the economy took a slide with fears of a double dip recession.

Fears Grow Over Double-Dip Recession

One fund manager calls it a horror show, others are predicting the Federal Reserve will have to extend its unconventional measures and stocks across the world are falling heavily.

The data from the world’s largest economy has fallen so sharply that investors have been caught off guard, raising fears over a double-dip recession.

What is up with that! So, there is a segment of the population doing their own research and investigation on things the MSM should be doing for us? Could some of their findings being skewered, lost in translation, and even wrong? Of course it could be. Instead of alienating a particular group of people and their views, why doesn't the MSM look into some of their findings with their own independent and objective research? HAARP definitely exists and is in Alaska? What they are doing remains to be seen, because only the so-called fringe has taken any interest in it. I won't rehash the OBL story but there was more flip-flopping than John Kerry on a Presidential campaign, and that alone would raise suspicions with the story. Then, we have the economy with mixed messages about its overall health and solvency. One day we are on the road to recovery, the next day there is talks of recession this and recession that, some call it a Depression while others claim it is a recession.

There are definitely things being thrown around in the media, from the politicians, and elsewhere that are giving off a lot mixed messages. In that environment, I can see why some are vigilant as they try to digest the information being given. The MSM is just sad that ratings are being lost, people are going elsewhere for information, and their monopoly on information is being challenged. Perhaps, they had ought to tend to their own closet instead of the closet of others'?
edit on 2-6-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I think they failed with the swine flu, so they came up with something better this spring.
2nd

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

These conspiracy theorists use too believe the earth was round, crazy, crazy people and HAARP does not exist at all

A big star and a big flag for this news and for your irony, friend!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Those darn truthers! How dare anyone question this world is not flat!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Ahh how cute. Well isn't that adorable. After interviewing so many educated people we went and wrote a kiddies book.

Yeah...and I hope he included many stick figure drawings in the book and did not use too many big words because...you know...the lowest common denominator zombie slugs he is marketing this book to are not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed.

The "writer" of this kiddie pictorial, Jonathan Kay, is also a writer (cough! cough!) for a Canadian conservative toilet roll known as the National Post. It was started by a pretentious megalomaniac and convicted criminal by the name of Conrad Black. Draw your own conclusions.

By the way, Kay has authored another book about an Israeli spy on the trail of international terrorists.

As for Mr. Kay, I have two words for him:

Building 7.

edit on 2-6-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This guy is sadly mistaken in most of his claims. I don't even know where to begin, or whether I have the time to sit here and type out everything I found wrong with that interview. First, he makes it sound as if NO conspiracy theories are accurate, which is simply ridiculous, especially considering the amount of evidence behind some of our community's claims.

It's reviling that he thinks we only get our news from whacked out crazy internet sites...Quite a bit of the news that appears on ATS doesn't appear anywhere else sometimes for hours or longer. That tells me that our network of intelligence gathering and briefing of members is top notch, and I would put it up against any site on the net.

I don't know where he gets his information on topics such as bin Laden, Joplin, and the 'shooting rampage' either, because although some of those have been proposed, I don't think a large percentage accept them all as fact.
Take the bin Laden case for instance: this guy thinks all conspiracy theorists think it was a ploy to get brownie points for re-election. While that is probably true, I think it was more-so to take away from the fact that things were getting pretty heated for Obama on other fronts. And even more surprising, he quotes that we think bin Laden is still alive?

I think many more of us think bin Laden was killed at some time prior to the raid, perhaps years before, and despite when he was killed it was very likely that he was working with US intelligence the same way he had done when fighting the Soviets.

Anyway, I don't want to rehash these theories as we all know how they go, but this guy has no right to imply that the entire community believes this stuff. A large percentage of any message board will have members who rarely post their opinions. I lurked this board for a long time before joining and posting for instance.

What this video tells me is that this guy never even entertained any of our ideas and theories, and was set from the start to simply ridicule us and present us in a bad light. Because if he had actually looked at the evidence for some of these claims, if he were reasonably intelligent he would be able to see that things do not add up. He is just like the majority of the population, who never QUESTION anything...We must question ike the freaking border patrol agents...

He expected to find a bunch of crazies...lol. The most powerful weapon we have at our disposal as CTs is our intelligence and ability to question, analyze, theorize, and present our findings. Although there are some crazies lurking around, the people who get taken seriously by other people who are taken seriously are the ones who coherently present their ideas with the supporting evidence to corroborate their claims.

I find him much more crazy for not being able to question things, and for taking everything the government says as scripture. Whenever there is little to no evidence, and the government is saying one thing, it is best to look into it. Too many people take the MSM as fact...If they hear it on the news then it is scripture as well. But if one digs deeply enough, going through transcripts of interviews, etc, one finds that the MSM, mainly at the upper level of control, are told what they are not allowed to discuss. That is fact.

I can forgive the ignorant masses who do not know any better, but for a guy like this who has supposedly examined many of these claims to say that none of them are true, not even plausible, I cannot think anything other than this man is a complete moron.

Now this is not to say that one should subscribe to all conspiracy theories. Most of us know better, including knowing and understanding how to sift through evidence, require reliable sources, etc...

So to sum it all up...
This guy in the video < conspiracy theorists.
Sorry for the rant that didn't deviate from one small piece of the relevant topic of discussion. It happens to me often.
edit on 6/2/11 by JiggyPotamus because: Spelling be champien mayde a speling miztake!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
See, here's the thing: I thought that the whole "government causing the tornado with HAARP" thing was rather silly. But since the news media is taking enough time to debunk it, I'm starting to wonder.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The MSM won't even cover something as simple and clear cut as the Obama Birth Certificate forgery. If they won't cover that then why would intelligent educated people trust them on the even harder conspiracy issues. The MSM has no credibility and it really bugs them because no one listens to them anymore.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatedAxion
See, here's the thing: I thought that the whole "government causing the tornado with HAARP" thing was rather silly. But since the news media is taking enough time to debunk it, I'm starting to wonder.

I couldn't agree more. I have never given any thought to HAARP and I watch all the issues coming through the net. Just because someone comes up with a conspiracy doens't mean it is truth. What is the MSM so sacred of???

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It's a conspiracy to stop the conspiracy theorists.

After the last OBL report, ABC ran the "confession" video while the talking heads shook in disgust.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I find him much more crazy for not being able to question things, and for taking everything the government says as scripture. I can forgive the ignorant masses who do not know any better, but for a guy like this who has supposedly examined many of these claims to say that none of them are true, not even plausible, I cannot think anything other than this man is a complete moron.

I do not believe he is crazy, nor a moron. He has an obvious agenda to stifle free discussion and investigation into these aforementioned controversial occurrences. He obviously has something of value to gain by doing this.

Now, if he approached this book from strictly an investigative standpoint, then it may be worth reading. But since he is only writing this book to demonize critical thinkers, it is not worth the paper it is written on. This seems to be along the lines of some Hollywood gossip rag. People like him are a dime a dozen. They are not team players and they will probably sell their mother down the river if there is a buck to be made from it.

On second thought, maybe he is a moron, since he is being quite obvious pursuing this rather trite agenda. If the guy had any balls he would open an account in his own name and discuss these issues with real people like a real journalist. But since this would entail him having his rear end handed to him on many fronts, not much of a chance of that happening now is there? Oh well...no big loss...
edit on 2-6-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
John K is a pathological liar.
If it wasn’t for conspiracy theorist then corruption and crimes could never be solved.
John says that conspiracy theorists do not trust our government, and why should we? The Bush administration lied us into war (WMD), they lied to us about 911 and block all inquires about 911, even from the 911 Commissionaire’s.
The Obama administration lied about capturing Bin Laden (no evidence)
Obama lied to the American people while campaigning for his Presidency, Obama said he would repeal the Patriot Act, close Guantanamo Bay and bring home our troops; Obama has only expanded everything including the wars. Obama lied to the American people to win his election, it’s that simple. This alone is just a few reasons to not trust our government they have a problem with telling the truth.

The only people that will buy Johns’ book are the ignorant.

I am convince that the Truth movement for 911 is making a huge impact to the world and thank God for the many Truthers who do talk for hours presenting evidences such as credible websites that prove with “science” that our government are lying.

John I am sure you have been paid handsomely for trying your best to discredit all Truthers and all conspiracy theories however your problem is you want every educated, intelligent persons to throw their logic out the window. Watching John K interview on ABC just showed how desperate John K and his kind are at spreading lies into trying to get people to not listen to facts, facts that are supported by science, that prove the WTC were destroyed by demolition and so on.

edit on 2-6-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
ABC's slant on claiming that there is no substance to "conspiracy theories" is nothing new nor surprising. In order to "debunk" the association of HAARP to extremely violent and unusual weather, they *immediately* associate it with COMPLETELY UNRELATED theories, one being that of a deranged madman who went on a shooting rampage. They resorted to the tactic of "DISPROOF BY ASSOCIATION." Although HAARP is no way connected to the Arizona shootings or Osama Bin Laden, by lumping all of these "conspiracy theories" together, ABC is saying, in essence, if you think HAARP is responsible for weather manipulation, then you might as well be in the same mindset of the guy who shot the Arizona senator (thankfully I'm glad I don't remember his name). And, for good measure, they included the somewhat justifiable theory about the strangeness surrounding Osama Bin Laden's possible demise (how many different GOVERNMENT versions of that story did we hear, at least six?).

It is a shame that BIG CORPORATIONS and the "elite" have consolidated mainstream media, and that it is now under their power. If not for the internet, we wouldn't even be discussing this, unless somehow we formed community groups (which historically have been infiltrated by the CIA and FBI and whose members have surveilled and intelligence collected upon whether or not it broke intelligence oversight laws). If not for the internet, then some few would publish regional or low-circulation pamphlets and flyers, and that would be of dubious nature and not well-vetted. If not for the internet (and of course ATS), we would only hear of these things by chance, regionally and by ham radio and word of mouth.

The reason conspiracy theories are on the rise? The internet allows for immediate sharing of information, which means we have more pieces to this vast puzzle to work with, more points of views, more voices, more perspective, more ability to make correlations... Conspiracy theories are on the rise because more light is being shed upon the "coincdental," the "controversial," and the "clandestine." Be on the lookout for the internet and ATS to be attacked on all fronts, including that of a major network like ABC trying to characterize people who discuss and consider "conpiracy theories" to be in the same class as the Arizona shooter ---as they did in their story.

Great find, thanks for bringing it to our attention. S & F.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Maybe ABC news will do a story on what HARRP really is for since they don't like conspiracy theories on it. Maybe they will do a story on chemtrails since China has come out and said they actually do it. Are they worried that the conspiracy theories are the truth?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

The reason conspiracy theories are on the rise? The internet allows for immediate sharing of information, which means we have more pieces to this vast puzzle to work with, more points of views, more voices, more perspective, more ability to make correlations... S & F.

You hit the nail on the head and it bothers the MSM (and probably all other stove pipe agencies). The whole business of intelligence gathering is more and more off the shelf whether it be data mining people's Facebook pages, or piecing together what HAARP does. The status quo can't have it both ways. If they want people to post thier most private secrets on Facebook for data mining, if they want the people to use the internet, if they want to use the internet as an asymetric warfare tool, then guess what? Everybody from the Chinese Cyberwarfare Command to Russian bank fraud gangs to Joe snuffy sitting at home can do the same thing. The internet can't be killed without killing commerce so I guess the MSM created their own problem so why cry about it now?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The problem is that the MSM is terrified of people thinking for themselves. They and many in Congress are terrified that people might use their own critical analysis skills. The hate it with every part of their being.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
To me....it's disinformation to obscure the facts that WE do have. LOL. We might be theorists, but hey...so was Darwin. 10% of what we theorize is fact. Theorize away!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Once before it was a theory man could fly- and he did
Once before it was a theory that the universe was expanding- and it is
Once before It was a theory certain medications and medical procedures would cure and correct ailments and they did
Once before It was a theory man could put spaceships in orbit with men on board and they did
Once before It was a theory something the size of a military carrier ship could float---and it did.
Once before It was a theory the earth was round and it was
Once before It was a theory the earth rotated around the sun and it does

At the most fundemental level they control you in masses with Memetics and NLP using many different ways, focused at your 5 senses; Sound, Smell, Taste, Sight, Touch. Chemistry is involved as well in food drink and medicine which is focused at your chemical makeup.

"The technotronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be DOMINATED by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values (of Liberty). Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities."

Trust me...you are in more complicated data-bases than you realize.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

These tornado's were the result of obama's comment and policy dealing with Israel and the 1967 borders.

Study history regarding VERY bad weather just after the USA says something stupid dealing with Israel and their land....it will shock you.

This is just one example of about 40 well documented events.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join