It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News: Tornadoes Caused by Military? Recent Events Fuel Conspiracy Theories

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rinowilli
Outstanding!! I am now a radical!......Pft....just another way for "Big Brother" to try and put "us" free thinking people in the "bad" corner with all the other boogey men......

I wouldn't wipe my you know what with that book!

You do well, even for this that book should not be useful.

edit on 2-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason Paul
Just remind the MSM of the 'WMD' conspiracy that got us trapped in a war that's been going on for almost a decade. It's not like they havn't lied to us before, and chances are that wasn't the last time either.

More than lie, they subvert the news, facts and history. It is the Spiral Of Silence Elisabeth Noelle-Neumann. GREAT BOOK.

he spiral of silence begins with fear of reprisal or isolation, and escalates from there. Individuals use what is described as "an innate ability" or quasi-statistical sense to gauge public opinion.[2] The Mass media play a large part in determining what the dominant opinion is, since our direct observation is limited to a small percentage of the population. The mass media have an enormous impact on how public opinion is portrayed, and can dramatically impact an individual's perception about where public opinion lies, whether or not that portrayal is factual.[3] Noelle-Neumann describes the spiral of silence as a dynamic process, in which predictions about public opinion become fact as mass media's coverage of the majority opinion becomes the status quo, and the minority becomes less likely to speak out.[4] The theory, however, only applies to moral or opinion issues, not issues that can be proven right or wrong using facts (if there, in fact, exists a distinction between fact and value).

My idea is to make a thread about it one day

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well, this does appear to be a disturbing trend organizing opinion against sites like ATS, which I do not consider to be a "conspiracy" site, but one in which people are searching for the real truth in current and past issues. Although I have understood for some time now that there is no real "freedom of speech" anymore.

Long live ATS!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praxilla
Well, this does appear to be a disturbing trend organizing opinion against sites like ATS, which I do not consider to be a "conspiracy" site, but one in which people are searching for the real truth in current and past issues. Although I have understood for some time now that there is no real "freedom of speech" anymore.

Long live ATS!

It is precisely because we have brilliant people with great ideas and who seek the truth in here that these attacks are made. The only thing the MSM does not want is more peoplewaking up and exercising critical thinking.

edit on 2-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The WAR has begun. the War on the Truth has been started, and conspirators will be targeted first. they are going to hunt us down for OUR beliefs. isnt why America was formed? Freedom of expression, of speech and press? well the press is gone expression and speech are slowly dying.

Who wants a Revolution?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'll say this; I'm not sayin' exactly that HAARP is a weapon, but IF it is causing any weather "crap" as my laziness would put it, maybe it could just be a side effect. Though, I'm not sayin' it is or isn't a weapon. Just throwin' it out there. lol

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i have been wondering if the recent tornado outbreak was retaliation by a nation we pissed off. its hard to tell since we have to point the finger at everyone.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

You are right of course Fraternitas, especially the idiot part. However, you will have to agree that we are a pretty educated bunch of guys here on ATS...right?
I love ATS (And conspiracy theorists in general) but you will also have to admit that some of us can spin a good yarn and turn out a tall tale or two from time to time.
And you will also have to admit that there are those among us who see a conspiracy behind EVERY tree. And don't forget the Trolls. We have our share of those as well.
Well, gotta go. I think Obama stole my toilet paper.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"LET US NEVER TOLERATE OUTRAGEOUS CONSPIRACY THEORIES... CONCERNING THE ATTACKS OF SEPTEMBER THE ELEVENTH."

~ GEORGE W. BUSH

In other words, NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH WILL BE ALLOWED.

The writing is on the wall, folks.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The people who post on this site are only crazy until everyone becomes a slave to whatever potentially ultimate conspiracy exists that is said to enslave humanity. Then we're all crazy for having done nothing.
edit on 2-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
"radicalized websites"...oh boy...somebody finally said it...I guess sites like this are radical now...just cause this resident debunker says so...uh huh...gotta love how they try so hard to sway public opinion into thinking sites like this are bad...and is Haarp even militarily run? I don't think so...and the Osama bin laden thing stinks like hell...anybody who doesn't see that is just jogging with closed eyes...

The war on information seems to be under way...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
this makes my head hurt!
how can you be labeled a conspiracist for seeking the truth. this propoganda keeps the common mind from seeking anything. remember this! they like websites like this one so they know who knows what. anyone that gets to speak on the idiot box i dont trust. thats abc, cnn, fox, nbc, cbs, history channel hell i dont trust the disney channel either! lol

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

They are just making us look stupid. Although, in all fairness, there certainly are a few posters on here who have and do suggest that the tornados ARE the work of HAARP.

Its just also clear that the media is trying to paint us all to look like the most extreme among us. I wonder if the mysterious "they" are going to do something really out there, and are setting the stage for us to be totally ignored.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: spelling

link   
What do you call it when a large group of people have wild flights of fancy, way beyond current commonly held views, that they just continue to pursue, no matter how crazy it may seem to those outside the 'loop'?

Oh yeah, religion and science.

link   
I tried really hard to be normal, but I totally failed.

Yeah, I hardly watch tv news, newspapers seem ok if read online for free, and I've been called crazy by sheeple, ignorants or desinfo agents. And what else should I expect ?.....a medal?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

And we should never tolerate conspiracies perpetrated by the NWO cronies pushed on the citizens. They know we are growing and they know in most part we are right. They also know as in every revolution the educated and intelligient are the ones to fear. Anyone doubts that they are scouring all the alternative news sites and social media sites is naive. They are proving it over and over. The other problem they have is we are not a single voice a single group in a single place. We are the world the everyday people. Who are finally raising their voices in unity against them. As far as msm I listen to them all the time for entertainment then I come to the (fringe) to get my news. Maybe if the MSM actually told the news. Maybe we would actually watch them...It is odd that the closest to the truth is things like the Cobert Report. And he is a comedian that should tell what a joke the rest of them are.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

You should. Its a good topic. Although that kind of "spiral of silence" happens in a lot of places. Including on ATS in some threads. I have seen outright bullying and abuse to shut down opinions outside of the "ATS Mainstream."

So, it seems to be a human thing, not just a PTB thing.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

edit on 2/6/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Their stunts aren't going as planned, too many people are questioning things. Especially the recent tornado (in MA wth!!!) and all the earthquakes etc. The party is over and the battle will be soon fought. The last pieces are being put into place for the end game.

This is damage control.

The scenario we all see coming may be a lot closer than we want to realize

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I read newspapers (WSJ, AJC, UK on line papers etc) and check out yahoo, bbc, cnn , pbs, democracy now (oh I guess that's fringe ... good old Amy)

this is sad ... that they felt they needed to address conspiracies like this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join