It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News: Tornadoes Caused by Military? Recent Events Fuel Conspiracy Theories

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Idiot Savant?....
Nah, I just Deny Ignorance and contribute to the collective wisdom of ATS.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Ok, here's how stupid the MSM are

So, let's say you are fairly certain Bin Laden died many years ago, and you can see how the Jared Loughner thing has MKULTRA written all over it, but you're not sure about the military causing the tornadoes, however the MSM lumps these two known conspiracies in with this tornado conspiracy, so you're left thinking, well, it probably is the military then if the MSM doesn't want me to think it was.

edit on 2-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by RUSSO

Note the use of the word 'radical'. It's not coincidentail. Not only does it subliminally suggest very negative attributes, but it's laying down the ground for a crackdown. '

Yeh, Someday, maybe, they will call us as radical as the radical terrorists of the Middle East.
sfy

Yes. The US is already starting insinuate into news stories here and there, the propaganda that dissidents as terrorists. Even the fact that the word 'dissidents' is now an appropriate word to use for those who don't agree with the government, in itself is a sign of where things are at now.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
alre

Originally posted by filosophia

So, let's say you are fairly certain Bin Laden died many years ago, and you can see how the Jared Loughner thing has MKULTRA written all over it, but you're not sure about the military causing the tornadoes, however the MSM lumps these two known conspiracies in with this tornado conspiracy, so you're left thinking, well, it probably is the military then if the MSM doesn't want me to think it was.

That observation is spot on, and it's a typical disinformation technique. Choose the weakest point in an argument (in this case the most unbelieved alternative explanations for any given event),ridicule it excessively, then associate everyone who doesn't believe all the government les with that highly ridiculed element, and with a sleight of words, you have persuaded the already susceptible masses that all conspiracy investigators are loony.

Once you become aware of the tricks they use, it's interesting to watch a MSM news bulletin. You can see it happening all the time.

It's alwo what they do when they interview a conspicary investigator - they pick the weakest point of the argument, pounce on it, ridicule it and so attempt to discredit the argument and the person. And it usually works on the masses.

edit on 2-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

reply to post by RUSSO

Note the use of the word 'radical'. It's not coincidentail. Not only does it subliminally suggest very negative attributes, but it's laying down the ground for a crackdown. '

I am with you on that. It is only a matter of time...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

That guy in the video is an idiot.
He said conspiracy theorists he somehow infiltrated like he was in a covert mission didn't think he would take their research serious. Well take that approach to anything and who will trust you? It's not and underground society.it's not uncommon at all. I've met several people just day to day that talk openly about stuff you read here. He wasn't there to give them a fair shake. The book wasn't to show WHAT these people (theorists) do or think, but just to show WHO they are explaining what kind of person comes to think that way. Generally work like that is exploitative. It is totally a smear campaign because whether or not any conspiracies are true the ability to perceive them is lent by a questioning, open mind.

I haven't seen many threads saying the storms were haarp Im sure there are plenty but none that are very popular, I have jokingly mentioned it BUT with a disclaimer that I don't believe in it. This is a big tornado season but it has happened before and will happen again. The only thing I'm questioning is why all the focus on conspiracy theorists lately.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

reply to post by RUSSO

Bright side, the early camp entrants, will get the best bunks, know the lay of the land and get to observe the guards and spot their foibles and weaknesses/tastes for later exploitation.

Thanks for making me smile, and the the good 'tactical' advice.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

There is a lot of liberty taken in posting on this site encluding defamation of character, if, push came to shove TPTB will have little difficulty in shutting this site down and prosecuting members.

Would be interesting to see counter law suits from citizens that accuse the Government of calling them terrorists and putting them on the "no fly list" simply for supporting the constitution o supporting Ron Paul etc..

I'd love to see the courts battle that fact..

See where the courts stand on the constitution...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

There is a lot of liberty taken in posting on this site encluding defamation of character, if, push came to shove TPTB will have little difficulty in shutting this site down and prosecuting members.

Would be interesting to see counter law suits from citizens that accuse the Government of calling them terrorists and putting them on the "no fly list" simply for supporting the constitution o supporting Ron Paul etc..

I'd love to see the courts battle that fact..

See where the courts stand on the constitution...

I am sure that there is a lot of people who would have trouble in raising cash to able to defend themselves through a court sytem. I believe in free speech regardless of the topic. Then its up to the individual to make a choice. Oppression can only go so far before their is a revolt. Counter law suits , then counter counter lawsuits. At the the end its all about some form of control. People will just run out of money defending themselves. Sadly I would be one of them.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The conspiracy crowd has been dishing out blows left and right against big mediaFOR SOME TIME.

Its only fair they throw a few punches back every now and then =)

It doesnt seem like a fair fight if they dont anyways, I prefer it this way.

Suckas.

(its not like people dont see through this garbage anyways).

edit on 2-6-2011 by Common Good because: to add- FOR SOME TIME

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

reply to post by RUSSO

Yeh, Someday, maybe, they will call us as radical as the radical terrorists of the Middle East.
sfy

Yes. The US is already starting insinuate into news stories here and there, the propaganda that dissidents as terrorists. Even the fact that the word 'dissidents' is now an appropriate word to use for those who don't agree with the government, in itself is a sign of where things are at now.

I wonder if this guy has an account here at ATS and, if he has one, who would it be?

Can we sue the station for calling us radicals?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

They are not stupid at all. To much power in so few hands. They use this kind of rhetoric to confuse people, but hey, we're familiar with that because we see it every day here in ATS.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hmm... The fact that this reporter even bothered to address it makes me wonder just how close to the truth we are.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
The conspiracy crowd has been dishing out blows left and right against big mediaFOR SOME TIME.

Its only fair they throw a few punches back every now and then =)

It doesnt seem like a fair fight if they dont anyways, I prefer it this way.

Suckas.

(its not like people dont see through this garbage anyways).

edit on 2-6-2011 by Common Good because: to add- FOR SOME TIME

Well, at least we know that some of our words create concern in the PTB. And if it creates concern it is because some of our words are correct. Which ones and how many I dont know. I cant say also if our generation will reach some answers some day. I hope so. Improbable, but the hope is the last to die.
edit on 2-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I am sure that there is a lot of people who would have trouble in raising cash to able to defend themselves through a court sytem. I believe in free speech regardless of the topic. Then its up to the individual to make a choice. Oppression can only go so far before their is a revolt. Counter law suits , then counter counter lawsuits. At the the end its all about some form of control. People will just run out of money defending themselves. Sadly I would be one of them.

Well the sad fact of our new system is that if people can't afford their right to defend "free speech"
then is there really such a thing as "free speech??"

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm sooooo insulted. I watch the news. I've got it on right now! I just can't enough of the constant, unending controversial discussion on ALL stations about Rep. Weiner's weener!

Is there a thread on that here? Hmmm gonna do a search so I can go and have a "real" conversation about the "real" news!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So.. Your Radicals? LMAO....
Here:
www.webster-dictionary.org...

Scroll down the definintion and see the substitute words associated with radical.

I thought THIS guy was a radical back in the Day!
www.youtube.com...
That's Country Joe McDonald at Woodstock.. Switch Vietnam with the word Afghanistan.Same song different war!.

Why is it radical to question authority and the "offical" version of everything?

Haarp has capabilities that are not told to us. We know that. Was it used as a weapon for weather manipulation to hurt us? I sure as hell hope not. There's enough things happening in our galaxy to create some of this "new" weather.

Is it conceivable? Who knows....

To insinuate that we're told the facts about what goes on behind the scenes is insulting.

To not question what goes on is outright dangerous.

The reporter earns a moron award.. Does ATS give those out?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
Hmm... The fact that this reporter even bothered to address it makes me wonder just how close to the truth we are.

good point thunder
star 4 u

they negated to state the fact that
about 70% of conspiracy theories
turn out to be fact in due time

Which also means that in the end,
it makes the MSM wrong about 70%
of the time

edit on 6/2/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
so the saying goes

Just cause your paranoid, doesn't mean there isn't someone out to get you

if the news agency were not so obviously biased and only report on what they deem news worthy, we wouldn't have to search the internet for multiple sources to be sure we are not believing a fairytale

group though never pushes us forward

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It's not surprising that they failed to address any of the conspiracy theories regarding HAARP or 9/11. They only pointed out the most talked about theories and insinuated that they were radical thoughts. I know that this was meant to be a short segment that amounted to a commercial for a book, but they could have elaborated a little to make their case against these ct's. Of course, that would mean using their brains.

No, this was a just a smear job. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to someone's house and they're watching tv (I don't watch tv) and crap like this comes on that has a blatant agenda to propagandize people and put fear in their minds that if they associate with or think like these groups then there is something wrong with them. Not to mention the crap they put on to keep people distracted from reality. Dancing With The Stars and other shows make me cringe at the fake plastic people they push as someone to admire or worship. It's pathetic. Yeah, why not believe everything they say and while you're at it buy this book and learn the right way to think.
edit on 6/2/2011 by PhantomLimb because: grammar

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join