It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
For those who have faith in the Bible and believe that homosexuality is a choice and sin, do you also believe that homosexuals should be put to death?

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.

Should only part of that verse be taken literally or should there be a death penalty for homosexuals?

Were you people born to think that homosexuality is a sin or just brainwashed by a bronze age text?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
The proper term is " Homosexual " not " gay ". The Bible says it is a lust. Some people lust for the same sex. And you choose to do it, just like bestiality, rape, child molesting, fornication, and adultery.

It's a choice, and it's not a gift from God who calls it an abomination.

Yep exactly god never said not to love your brother, but lust after him is a sin.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Can Some Gay Men and Lesbians Change Their Sexual Orientation? 200 Participants Reporting a Change from Homosexual to Heterosexual Orientation

The majority of participants gave reports of change from a predominantly or exclusively homosexual orientation before therapy to a predominantly or exclusively heterosexual orientation in the past year

Thus, there is evidence that change in sexual orientation following some form of reparative therapy does occur in some gay men and lesbians.

www.ingentaconnect.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
You're actually telling me that people would rather choose to be killed rather than being heterosexual? Honestly? I think the threat of death is duress enough to force a person to choose to become heterosexual again, if it were so easy as you claimed. So then why are homosexuals being killed in other countries? Are they just stubborn and enjoy gay sex -that- much that they would die for it?

In muslim countries Christians are persecuted, however Christians stay Christians
I assume you agree that they aren't born to believe in the 2nd coming

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

The reason they deny it is because it isn't true. Having sex is a choice, but your preference is no more a choice than the choice of your hand that you prefer. Environment is a factor, but genetics and hormones is also a factor. And you don't get to choose what genes you'll express or not. Maybe 50 years from now, people REALLY wanting to change their preference will get some nano-gene therapy to fix this, but I'm sure we'll be well beyond preference bias by then.

Making it an opinion doesn't automatically mean you're correct. I can definitely respect your opinion, but I can tell you your opinion is wrong because it's factually incorrect.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

How do they measure a person being gay or straight? The people in the study could just be faking the transition. Or faking that they were gay to begin with.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by grahag
If you don't care about all the facts, then yes, that is correct. But there IS evidence that genetics and hormones affect your sexual preference.

I always see people like you posting this BS but never offering a source
If you don't care about facts being factual, then yes what you are saying is fact

I apologize. I guess you missed my previous post here. It has some sources.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's only BS if it's not true.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You're actually telling me that people would rather choose to be killed rather than being heterosexual? Honestly? I think the threat of death is duress enough to force a person to choose to become heterosexual again, if it were so easy as you claimed. So then why are homosexuals being killed in other countries? Are they just stubborn and enjoy gay sex -that- much that they would die for it?

In muslim countries Christians are persecuted, however Christians stay Christians

Christianity is a faith. Homosexuality is a sexual attraction. Unless you plan on telling me that Christianity is an illness and people should convert to Islam because a Christian is stigmatized in a predominantly Islamic society, then that isn't exactly an apt comparison to make. Which would also mean that Islam is an illness.
edit on 2-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Not all christians are embracing the "Gay is a Gift" concept

President Dilma Rousseff has suspended the distribution and production of sex education films for schools in Brazil. President Rousseff believes the footage is not suitable for youngsters. The education packs contain gay and lesbian video scenes and are supposed to combat homophobia. However, evangelical church groups and their allies in Congress threatened to block any upcoming legislation unless President Rousseff halted the films. 'Anti-homophobia kits' A government spokesman said President Rousseff had viewed the material personally and decided to suspend its distribution. "She didn't like what she saw," Gilberto Carvalho said. Several members of Brazil's chamber of deputies with strong evangelic Christian beliefs said the sex education packs encouraged homosexual behaviour.

Brazil sex education material suspended by President
edit on 2-6-2011 by SpaceJockey1 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I think those that are saying gays are not gay by choice but by hormonal or DNA changes can be considered offensive.
They are basically calling gays mutants
Now before you say we are all mutants think of sanity, what is sanity?
Sanity is what the majority represents and the other side of the coin is insanity
same goes with mutants

Also imagine the suicide rate of homosexuals, imagine if they all knew they were gay by choice
they wouldn't be commiting if they knew they were gay by choice
edit on 2-6-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

It's not DNA changes. It's genetic origin. Mutations are taking your genetic structure and having it changed. I hate to be the one telling you this, we're ALL mutants if that's your definition alone. Right now, your DNA is being damaged and mutated by cosmic particles. Luckily, you have redundant backups.

And then you go applying your standards to someone else's behavior as if you were the deciding factor on morality. Morality isn't who you sleep with. It's how you treat people. I'm not grasping your jump from realizing your innate preference is a choice to wanting to kill yourself if my previous statement isn't correct. Maybe I just don't understand your statement, because as I re-read it, it made no sense to me.

In the end you may think that your preference is a choice, but it's not. You can choose to not follow you preference, but you'd always have that preference. I can use my left hand, but it's awkward and I don't have good dexterity with it. I can train myself to ignore my preference and primarily use my left hand, but again, I'll always have a right handed preference.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I don't know what its relation to god is as I don't subscribe to any religion. What I do know is that it is a contagious dysfunction of the ego; its a mental/behavioral virus, kind of like a meme that takes on a life of its own and wants to perpetuate itself. Hence, you'll notice clustering of sexual aberrants in populations.

Before you say its bunk, consider that a yawn has the same effect. It makes other people in close proximity want to do it to; to a certain extent, sexual intercourse also has the same effect.

It exploits how human thinking is wired somehow. Just an FYI...

edit on 2-6-2011 by reject because: readability

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

It's not DNA changes. It's genetic origin. Mutations are taking your genetic structure and having it changed. I hate to be the one telling you this, we're ALL mutants if that's your definition alone. Right now, your DNA is being damaged and mutated by cosmic particles. Luckily, you have redundant backups.

Yes - we are all mutations. I don't know why people have trouble understanding that.

The amount of "stuff" and process that goes into creating another human - - is astronomical. You put all the ingredients in - then "stir the soup". We are ALL different. Just depends on how your "soup was stirred".

Science knows when they change brain chemicals in fruit flies - - it changes which gender they are attracted to. So we know in that study - - it is definitely something within the make up of the body itself.

Of course humans are far more complicated then fruit flies. And getting funding for studying why some people are attracted to same sex is not a top priority. Because its not an illness - its not a social disease - - there is nothing life threatening about being gay. Gays are healthy and normal - - just attracted to same gender.

People need to get over themselves and accept that attraction to same sex is a God given Birth Right.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

What the? id never thought id see that on a religious billboard! lol but yes your rite1 everyone should be treated equally! i am a lesbian woman with a daughter and a fiance' and we are a perfectly normal female family! thank you to all who support equality! love to you all.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Christianity is a faith. Homosexuality is a sexual attraction. Unless you plan on telling me that Christianity is an illness and people should convert to Islam because a Christian is stigmatized in a predominantly Islamic society, then that isn't exactly an apt comparison to make. Which would also mean that Islam is an illness.
edit on 2-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

No no no now you are changing your statement
You said why would they chose to be gay and suffer the possibility of death
then I said christians suffer the possibility of persecution in muslim countries so they are the same

We aren't comparing religion and sexual orientation, we are comparing circumstances, and taking the path of a very oppressed route by choice.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

You are so naive. If being gay is a choice, tell me, when exactly did you have to sit down and think really long and hard about the choice YOU had to make? When were you just as likely to decide you wanted to be gay as you were to decide you wanted to be straight? When did you feel equally as much sexual attraction to a member of the same sex as to a member of the opposite sex that you had to pick one over the other in that inevitable moment in your life when you just like everyone else has to pick a sexuality for life? NEVER! Because it's not a choice! It is a circumstance. It is God's will, and it has a purpose or God would not have made it so. Perhaps it is restitution for bigotry and prejudice against gay people in a previous straight life, so that karmic debt can be cleared. With an attitude as judgmental and intolerant as yours you may have the opportunity to argue my point from first hand experience, sometime in the future.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

we're ALL mutants if that's your definition alone. Right now, your DNA is being damaged and mutated by cosmic particles.

Why would you say this while completely avoiding my proactive response to this same argument since I knew someone would make it????

And then you go applying your standards to someone else's behavior as if you were the deciding factor on morality. Morality isn't who you sleep with. It's how you treat people.

Please quote me regarding where I mentioned anything remotely close to morality?
First you avoid my proactive response and now you misquote me?

In the end you may think that your preference is a choice, but it's not. You can choose to not follow you preference, but you'd always have that preference. I can use my left hand, but it's awkward and I don't have good dexterity with it. I can train myself to ignore my preference and primarily use my left hand, but again, I'll always have a right handed preference.

Everyone Please Read The Below

I'm vegetarian, I wasn't born vegetarian, i'm vegetarian by choice
I see how people mistreat animals and how meat has associations with higher levels of anger as well as many other issues, I adapted to my discomfort of meat and became a vegetarian by choice.

Similarly I know a guy who saw women be very complicated in relationships, care about fashion too much and nag alot so he adapted to his level of discomfort regarding behavioral patterns he noticed in women and decided to take the gay route.

Lesbian women, i'm sure you will not argue with the fact that many women had so many bad relationships with men that they decided to take the lesbian route, am I right in assuming that you do not disagree that there are such lesbian women out there, lesbian by choice?
edit on 2-6-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
LOL No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice. ...... gods gift

edit on 1-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

I'm guessing it must have been hard for you to make that decision. For most people, there is never a point when they have to decide who they're attracted to, they just are. Interesting to hear from people who actually had to make a choice.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
All sexuality is choice. It is a learned behavior.

Babies aren't born with sexual feelings because sexual desire and lust is a state of mind. All human children imitate and adapt to what they are exposed to and their surrounding environment. Typically, girls like boys and boys like girls because it is what almost every culture in the world has promoted and embraced from the beginning of time.

If you are born gay, then is it equally logical (or illogical) to believe that people are born with sexual preferences for skin color, hair color, eye color, and certain facial features. However, if you have an ounce of common sense, you would see the stupidity in that type of illogical thinking.

edit on 2-6-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
If you are born gay, then is it equally logical (or illogical) to believe that people are born with sexual preferences for skin color, hair color, eye color, and certain facial features. However, if you have an ounce of common sense, you would see the stupidity in that type of illogical thinking.

Excellent post, very true

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am going to skip the 18 pages of replies to the OP... I am sure I have head it all from both sides many times over already.

As a gay man, and a Christian, I dont think my sexuality is a gift (or a curse for that matter) from God. I view it like hair or skin color.... I just ended up being gay, white, brown eyes... You get the idea. I Tried so hard to be straight when I was a kid and a teenager...ended up still being gay but now deeply depressed and almost suicidal because I couldn't be like everyone else. Once I accepted it I am much happier.

For the sake of argument that it is a gift from God, then in my opinion it is no better than the gift of Heterosexuality. It's kind of like giving one kid a new mercedes and the other $50,000 in stock that can could go good or bad lol.

I don't see why you all argue with each other.... You aren't going to chage anyone's beliefs so why get stressed? I am one of those "Yeah, so I'm gay since you asked... Let's have another beer" kind of guys so maybe that's why I don't get worked up anymore when someone wants to deny me equality.

I think that of we all forget about sexuality and stop making it such a big deal, maybe everyone would have more friends...unite in what ties people together, not what makes them different from one another.

edit on 2-6-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join