It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
reply to post by virraszto

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world everyone has urges that is sinful, that is why if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

God loves all sinners and wants to save sinners from themselves but its your choice.

Dude, you can shove your bible up your bahookie. You simply don't have the knowledge to make such pronouncements and to do so anyway is nothing but arrogance. I've never been sexually attracted to females, never. So don't sit there behind your monitor and tell people like me that we chose to go through what some of us had to.

Do you think gay people like being treated differently, ostracised or refused the same rights as everyone else? Do you think we want the abuse? Are you MENTAL? Take Matthew Shepard as an example -- his horrific death could happen to any gay person who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Do you seriously believe that if we could take away the possibility of something like that happening to us that we wouldn't simply change? Please don't cite your magic man in the sky as the way forward, I think he might have bigger fish to fry than your disapproval of two people loving each other.

edit on 2-6-2011 by Amadeo because: missed a word

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

What the hell does that have to do with God punishing children?
Sometimes it seems like religious people just regurgitate things they have heard and their message becomes all mixed up. I think that has to do with a lack of thinking for yourself.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

sorry...not my job. u prove it is somehow engrained in dna...

gay people can sit their and say its not a choice till the cows come home. they can try to lift the buden from their soldiers if they so see a need to do so..i dont see whats wrong with it being a choice. logic dictates any action you take is a choice.

so tell me. if someoe is gay why not accept that that is the choice they make. just as someone who has to lovers wishes to be with one over the other..they are atracted to both. they have the option of having both yet people decide to be with one over another all the time. it is a choice. plain as day.

u have no choice in the color of ur skin or the sex ur born as or the attributes that describe you. u do have control of ur actions and unless ur mentally ill ur thoughts as well.

sex is a primal instict. what you have sex with is a choice. this isnt rocket science.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

What the hell does that have to do with God punishing children?
Sometimes it seems like religious people just regurgitate things they have heard and their message becomes all mixed up. I think that has to do with a lack of thinking for yourself.

Humans have up to 60 some years to live on the earth compared to eternal life after death.You humans feel its punishement but its not,its a blessing.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by banandar123
Kinda off-topic, but I've always wondered what the "homosexuals are born that way" crowd thinks about pedophiles. Are they born that way too? I mean, both boil down to physical attraction, so what's the difference?

PS---Not condoning child exploitation at all, just curious as to how it's any different.

You'd have to ask a paedophile that question, quite frankly. I'm not going to get my knickers in a fankle at your roundabout way of confusing homosexuality with paedophilia, I'm sure someone else has gotten there before me. But like I said, direct your question at a paedophile and you'll get the answer you want.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UBERxL33T

Originally posted by grahag

Originally posted by smartbuddy
reply to post by virraszto

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world everyone has urges that is sinful, that is why if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

God loves all sinners and wants to save sinners from themselves but its your choice.

Just like you choose to be right or left handed... I totally agree...

That isn't really a good analogy, humans are left or right handed because they are use to it. We were designoided into being fluent with both hands.

Actually, that's incorrect.

Check out www.nature.com... and news.bbc.co.uk... for proof of genetic propensity for a particular handedness preference.

Similarly, there are links to genetics, environment, and hormones regarding homosexual behavior according to pediatrics.aappublications.org...

I think people want to find a bad guy because it conflicts with the beliefs that they have picked up. If something goes against their beliefs, then they have to find a reason to hate it.

In any case, if God didn't like homosexuals he should just quit makin' so damn many of them.

Some of the nicest people I have met have been homosexuals and none of them have judged me for being hetero. I wish I could say the same of my hetero friends.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

sex is a primal instict. what you have sex with is a choice. this isnt rocket science.

You are absolutely right. It's biology and genetics. Rocket science is silly when applied to sexuality...Unless you're talking about a different kind of rocket? *wink*

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

Generally when someone makes a claim that they put forth as if it were somehow factual, proof is required. There actually is proof that homosexuality is a natural and seemingly innate occurrence.

I was asking this poster to provide evidence for his claim. Otherwise why make the claim as if the claim were somehow an objective fact, when there isn't any proof to support the claim?

For example. God exists. Now, a lot of people would probably reply to that asking for proof, would they not? That's all I'm asking for. Proof.
edit on 2-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

choice/CHois/
Noun: An act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities.

Possibilities:
Heterosexual
Bi-Sexual
Homosexual

It's a choice.

You prefer to be homosexual, and you pursue that lifestyle.
You aren't born homosexual, it's not air. You need to breath air to live. That's not a choice.
Being homosexual is a lifestyle.

Why can't homosexuals understand this?
Are they trying to justify what they do?

Do you think a pedophile could be found innocent in a court of law if he pleaded he was "born that way" and he has no choice but to rape children? Hell, what if it wasn't rape? What if the child was willing?

Would that make it OK?

No.

Why try and justify it?

Everyone knows what you're doing is unnatural. You can't even reproduce on your own.
Stop lying to yourselves, you're not going to convince us otherwise.

It's a CHOICE.

Ok, you may have a point. Do I choose to sleep with and/or form partnerships with members of the same sex, both or not? Yes, that is a choice. But this choice is essentially: Do I stay in the closet or not!

If the question is which sex am I physically attracted to: mine, the other, or both? Then, no, we do not have a choice. If you yourself have feelings for the same sex then you have obviously made your choice to stay in the closet. Fair enough, up to you!

The part of nature (that you find so unnatural) is the physical attraction that is there in the first place. That gay people can't reproduce is irrelevent.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here is the non biological way of looking at it:

People are born neither bi, gay, nor straight.

These characteristics are conditioned by society.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

I wasn't directly replying to you, so I don't know if you actually believe your own stance. But if you're making the claim that homosexuality is a choice, then yes, it is your duty to provide evidence of that claim. Otherwise, why put forth such a claim if you cannot back it up with evidence? Unless it is just your unsupported belief that homosexuality is a choice, in which case you don't have any proof, so why should someone believe your claim?

And if you aren't ready to supply proof of your claim, then why bother stating your belief as if it were somehow factual?
edit on 2-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Here is the non biological way of looking at it:

People are born neither bi, gay, nor straight.

These characteristics are conditioned by society.

If you don't care about all the facts, then yes, that is correct. But there IS evidence that genetics and hormones affect your sexual preference.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

You said it so simply and honestly, something I wasn't able to achieve in 5 or more lengthy posts. Star for you lol.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by Annee

doesnt matter how long uve studied it. u cant deny logic. ill agree that some people (through environment mostly. we are the product of our environment. look around you. thats proven every day) have a propensity to lean one way or the other. Naturally if a little boy grows up around all gay males in a camp with only males (for arguments sake) he will end up being gay. thats logic.

probably in the same way that a male that is shunned by females his whole life will probably end up with another dude...where he can relate and feel welcomed and loved. again. fine by me! doesnt do me any harm.

LOL!! Are you serious? If a boy grows up around all male gays in a camp he will end up gay. Has this ever been tried and tested?
What about boys who were brought up around only straight people... has that ever happened I wonder? And what happens there? Hmm, let me see, "logic" tells me they will all end up being straight! Sorry to upset your logic, but lots of people are gay!! Perhaps this leads us to the conclusion that 'gayness' is not learned. Logic.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Right.
Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

if u read my posts, ive stated on more than one occasion it is my opinion that homosexuality is a choice. It is a fact the act of homosexuality is certainly a choice...that seems like basic logic to me. Either you act on that impulse or you dont.

whether or not someone has homosexual inclinations may be conditioned or choice is my opinion.

again. It isnt up to me to try and prove logic. i couldnt if i tried anyway. i dont have those linguistic skills.

But i have to ask myself why it is thats gays would deny the fact their is choice involved. Is their a guilt involved conditioned by society? Is there shame as well? I wouldnt know. Ive made it clear enough already I dont believe society has that right, but if one is being affected so easily by peers they are not close to then what does that say about the person it is they choose to be?

just saying

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

the fact that this post got that many stars is ridiculous. ( by this I mean yours )
edit on 2-6-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
So are you suggesting that being gay or straight is a choice?

Well, to anyone who is. Answer me this. Please go into detail of the time in your life where you sat yourself down and realized that you were ready to become a sexual being... Please explain the decision process you went through in order to decide whether you would be gay or straight.

What? You never did that? It just kind of happened? Hmm, same here... My sexual orientation ( Straight) wasn't a choice either...

Well, so much for the idea of it being a choice...

And for the record, that article does not rule out the possibility of it being a gene... I hold fast that your sexual orientation is something you are born with... Something only to be fully realized after you have reached puberty.

Either way, gay or straight. I love you all.

This quote was from another thread but I wanted to share it here because I couldn't have put it in my own words any better.
edit on 2-6-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

Source
edit on 2-6-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Being gay is a choice
People say they are proud to be gay, pride requires choice
also why would they want to face ridicule if they had a choice? Once again many gays say they are gay and proud despite ridicule.

being gay is a choice, enough with the nonsense

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Being gay is a choice
People say they are proud to be gay, pride requires choice
also why would they want to face ridicule if they had a choice? Once again many gays say they are gay and proud despite ridicule.

being gay is a choice, enough with the nonsense

Just like being proud to be white requires you to choose to be white?
Or being proud of having curly hair requires you to choose to be born with curly hair?
Continue on with the nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join