It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder

Originally posted by Amadeo

Originally posted by ELahrairah
To believe it is a choice is insane.
Who would choose to face ridicule and violence?
If it was a choice then people would choose to be heterosexual
so they would not have to continually be attacked.
The idea that it is a choice sounds like recycled religious propaganda.

You would fit in well here. Aside from San Fran-Sicko (kudos Savage), Seattle is the gay capital of the West Coast. I don't advocate violence against gays, if you want to be gay be gay. Push it on me and that's a whole different story. Also, it may not be "choice" but it's choice. Society is pumping out more gay babies than ever before... Hmm..

Why could that be?

Care to cite your sources? More people on the planet = a higher likelihood of gay people in general. It's pretty easy to work out.

My source is common sense. Gays = Zero reproduction. Gays males = Higher chance of AIDS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I ran the government and wanted to cut down on population while producing a breed of femmie men who wouldn't fight back, would I do it? Hell yes I would!

So, your common sense = 'ummm I just made it up'

RIGHTO

Do you seriously think we're all a bunch of nancies who won't fight back? Tell you what, go to a drag bar and put your views across to a few queens and see how long you remain on your feet.

One of the biggest misconceptions about gay people (gay men specifically) is that we're a bunch of limp-wristed fairies who spend our time thipping cocktailth in nightclubs while dancing around with our tops off and that we'd run a mile from any sort of confrontation. Sorry to burst your bubble big boy, but it takes GUTS to come out, even in this day and age. Could YOU do it? Seriously, could you? Somehow I doubt it. In your posts you come across as someone who is terrified of gays even though we've done nothing to you (in my very limited knowledge, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that). Any gay man or woman who is out, has family and friends who know, and isn't ashamed for them to know, has balls the size of watermelons and deserves some respect for that alone.

Why sir, I dear say it appears that you may be a homosexual.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Anyway, to address the OP, I don't believe being gay is a gift from God. The real gifts are what comes with it -- being amazing at colour co-ordination, knowing how to throw a party and getting said party started with a stunning rendition of Beyoncé's Single Ladies routine.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
Oh I give up these mental midgets should go to the teletubbies website forum to talk with people on their own intellectual level. Talk like that to my face in person and you will no longer have any teeth left.

Anytime... Arsenal & Sublette Saint Louis, MO 63139

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
In my opinion, homosexuality is a genetic defect. Note the similarities in the faces of lesbians: hook noses, bug eyes. Or how about the preponderance of gay male faces with quasi-feminine features? Choice or not, I believe homosexuality is akin to mental retardation, only gays are far more protected by the left wing media.
edit on 3-6-2011 by Doctor Dali Deth because: needed to clarify my position.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor Dali Deth
In my opinion, homosexuality is a genetic defect. Note the similarities in the faces of lesbians: hook noses, bug eyes. Or how about the preponderance of gay male faces with quasi-feminine features? Choice or not, I believe homosexuality is akin to mental retardation, only gays are far more protected by the left wing media.

Hold on... I'm not pro-homosexuality BUT...

I personally know 2 very very damn hot lesbians... which in fact makes me cry in a corner to be honest.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Hold on... I'm not pro-homosexuality BUT...

I personally know 2 very very damn hot lesbians... which in fact makes me cry in a corner to be honest.

God bless the hot lesbians! hahaha

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Been watching too much TV? Media targeting stereotypes?

Those of the LGBT orientation - - - are as diverse as all humans. They have one thing in common - - attraction to same gender.

Just because a man has feminine qualities it makes him retarded? Hell - it doesn't even make him gay.

You really need to broaden your horizons. Get off your church pew and visit the real world once in a while.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Overall, I think men should act more like men and women should act more like women and everyone in general should put more clothes on and think about sex a lot less, my self included.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

I made it to page 9 and had to stop to reply to TheLastStand.

The op has a very sick world view and I'm surprised these assholes pointing out that the bible says this and the bible says that to us.

and

Why do these religious nuts keep bringing the subject up so much if they don't like it? I bet the op is a closet fag!

and

It is harmful, but only because of people like the guy who you are responding to and because of people like the op of this thread. That is how it harms people. Yeah it does cost us things but we refuse to let a handful of bigots dictate how we lead our lives. Save yourself, leave the rest of us alone.

I think maybe you ought to go all the way back to page 1 and read the opening post of this thread.

1. I didn't point out one single thing from the bible about homosexuality. I am not a Christian and I do not follow the bible. I do not have sick world view.

2. I am not a religious nut, and I am not a closet homosexual. I am a married heterosexual female. Why do you feel the need to wrongly accuse and then use insults?

3. You either misunderstood the opening post, or you didn't read it. You made several wrong assumptions about me and about my opening post.

If you go back and read the opening post, you will see that I think the billboard was a good thing. I said that all people should be treated the same, regardless of their sexuality. Even if I were all those things you wrongly assumed, you still came across as being rude.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PURPLEMAN
Overall, I think men should act more like men and women should act more like women and everyone in general should put more clothes on and think about sex a lot less, my self included.

Really?

What exactly is a woman supposed to act like?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Just because you do not consciously choose a trait of yours doesn't imply you were born that way. Experiences in your life influence you. Unless you think pedophiles are born that way or masochists are born that way.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Just because you do not consciously choose a trait of yours doesn't imply you were born that way. Experiences in your life influence you. Unless you think pedophiles are born that way or masochists are born that way.

New science of brain scan technology - - indicates that Yes - - you may be as you are born.

Meaning yes - - pedophiles and masochists might be born with those inclinations.

Of course it is still in its infancy.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
reply to post by virraszto

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world everyone has urges that is sinful, that is why if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

God loves all sinners and wants to save sinners from themselves but its your choice.

Sorry but your thinking is so antiquated.
Being gay is not a choice, being gay is a product of the percentage of past lives you have lived mixed with a confusion supplied by our dense living conditions.

I will include a section that was channelled from Ra for your perusal.

Questioner: We have what seems to be an increasing number of entities incarnate here now who have what is called a homosexual orientation. Could you explain and expand upon that concept?

Ra: I am Ra. Entities of this condition experience a great deal of distortion due to the fact that they have experienced many incarnations as biological male and as biological female. This would not suggest what you call homosexuality in an active phase were it not for the difficult vibratory condition of your planetary sphere. There is what you may call great aura infringement among your crowded urban areas in your more populous countries, as you call portions of your planetary surface. Under these conditions the confusions will occur.

Questioner: Why does density of population create these confusions?

Ra: I am Ra. The bisexual reproductive urge has as its goal, not only the simple reproductive function, but more especially the desire to serve others being awakened by this activity. In an over-crowded situation where each mind/body/spirit complex is under constant bombardment from other-selves it is understandable that those who are especially sensitive would not feel the desire to be of service to otherselves. This would also increase the probability of a lack of desire or a blockage of the red ray reproductive energy. In an uncrowded atmosphere this same entity would, through the stimulus of feeling the solitude about it, then have much more desire to seek out someone to whom it may be of service thus regularizing the sexual reproductive function.

Questioner: Roughly how many previous incarnations would a male entity in this incarnation have had to have had in the past as a female to have a highly homosexual orientation in this incarnation?

Ra: I am Ra. If an entity has had roughly 65% of its incarnations in the sexual/biological body complex, the opposite polarity to its present body complex, this entity is vulnerable to infringement of your urban areas and may perhaps become of what you call an homosexual nature. It is to be noted at this juncture that although it is much more difficult, it is possible in this type of association for an entity to be of great service to another in fidelity and sincere green ray love of a nonsexual nature thus adjusting or lessening the distortions of its sexual impairment.

Questioner: Is there an imprint occurring on the DNA coding of an entity so that sexual biases are imprinted due to early sexual experiences?

Ra: I am Ra. This is partially correct. Due to the nature of solitary sexual experiences, it is in most cases unlikely that what you call masturbation has an imprinting effect upon later experiences. This is similarly true with some of the encounters which might be seen as homosexual among those of this age group. These are often, instead, innocent exercises in curiosity. However, it is quite accurate that the first experience in which the mind/body/spirit complex is intensely involved will indeed imprint upon the entity for that life experience a set of preferences.

I can tell you that I trust the philosophy of the Law Of One much more than any bible I have read

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

My source is common sense. Gays = Zero reproduction. Gays males = Higher chance of AIDS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I ran the government and wanted to cut down on population while producing a breed of femmie men who wouldn't fight back, would I do it? Hell yes I would!

Allow me to chime in here.

My personal 'common sense' allows me to go beyond the vague surface of this sad, sad argument.

Your argument is the "bunch of gays on an island can't populate it" one, not uncommon, but never adjusted to make any sense. Surely if you put all straight men on an island, they wouldn't reproduce either, now would they?
But wait... if you put a bunch of lesbians together... they could.... so I guess lesbians are more moral/natural than straight men?

Or does your 'common sense' not encompass such thoughts?

I suggest readjusting your patronizing tone whilst regurgitating this insanely idiotic tripe.
edit on 3-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Been watching too much TV? Media targeting stereotypes?

Those of the LGBT orientation - - - are as diverse as all humans. They have one thing in common - - attraction to same gender.

Just because a man has feminine qualities it makes him retarded? Hell - it doesn't even make him gay.

You really need to broaden your horizons. Get off your church pew and visit the real world once in a while.

Wow. You should learn how to read. I never said gay men were retarded. I used mental retardation as an example of other genetic defects to illustrate my point. Secondly, I'm not on a church pew. Sounds like you have some religious issues to work out rather than any real interest in defining homosexuality, or seeing it for what it is: a game to shield defective people from rightful interrogation. People milking their sexual orientation for special protection/media adoration? Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

New science of brain scan technology - - indicates that Yes - - you may be as you are born.

Meaning yes - - pedophiles and masochists might be born with those inclinations.

Have they isolated cases where it may not be "correlation but not causation"? This is a topic so politicized that it must be asked. Then you have bisexuals who can be attracted to both genders.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
To believe it is a choice is insane.
Who would choose to face ridicule and violence?
If it was a choice then people would choose to be heterosexual
so they would not have to continually be attacked.
The idea that it is a choice sounds like recycled religious propaganda.

is being a pedophile a choice in your opinion? they too open themselves up to ridicule, violence, AND legal prosecution.

yet we have pedophiles.

if its not a choice, then shouldn't they be free to practice their "alternate sexual tastes"

we're dealing with the same parts of the brain in this scenario.

it isn't one overarching choice that makes someone gay, just as a pedophile doesn't wake up one morning and say "i find 6 year olds attractive". its a long string of decisions over time that add up.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Have they isolated cases where it may not be "correlation but not causation"? This is a topic so politicized that it must be asked. Then you have bisexuals who can be attracted to both genders.

More importantly.. where in the teachings of Jesus (the primary concept of all sects of Christianity) does it say anything about condemning people for the choices that they make anyways? I'm certainly not an advocate of the "gay people choose it because I said so" card (bunch of polarized crap that nobody should even care about as far as I'm concerned), but how can a true "Christian" even argue that we as human beings can condemn other human beings for the choices that they make provided that they aren't harming other human beings?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

yet we have pedophiles. if its not a choice, then shouldn't they be free to practice their "alternate sexual tastes"

No, why? I dont think being a pedophile, zoophile, or any other attraction is a choice. But that does not mean that such practices have to be allowed when they harm others. We do not allow psychopaths to kill other people just because being a psychopath is not a choice, too. Homosexuals do not harm anyone, just like heterosexuals.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

yet we have pedophiles. if its not a choice, then shouldn't they be free to practice their "alternate sexual tastes"

No, why? I dont think being a pedophile, zoophile, or any other attraction is a choice. But that does not mean that such practices have to be allowed when they harm others. We do not allow psychopaths to kill other people just because being a psychopath is not a choice, too. Homosexuals do not harm anyone, just like heterosexuals.

Dude has a point. I've had friends over the last decade "come out" and the truth of the matter is, they are the same dudes (and lady) I have always known. Being gay does not harm anyone accept maybe the psyche of those friends and family that are too small-minded to accept it. It's a good thing we live in the a "free" sector of the world as it limits the nutcases who think a giant spaghetti monster in the sky is going to cast us all to "hell" for simple lifestyle choices ability to control our lives. God never asked YOU to be a shepherd or savior to humans, only to live your life in a manner you see fit. Same applies to abortion. It's not on YOU, it's on the woman who is making a very tough decision. If abortion truly is murder and there is a bearded man who will judge us for it, the only people that should be concerned are those having abortions and the doctor(s) performing the procedure. Wow, got off-topic, you get my point though.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join