It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag
If you don't care about all the facts, then yes, that is correct. But there IS evidence that genetics and hormones affect your sexual preference.

I always see people like you posting this BS but never offering a source
If you don't care about facts being factual, then yes what you are saying is fact

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

if u read my posts, ive stated on more than one occasion it is my opinion that homosexuality is a choice. It is a fact the act of homosexuality is certainly a choice...that seems like basic logic to me. Either you act on that impulse or you dont.

whether or not someone has homosexual inclinations may be conditioned or choice is my opinion.

again. It isnt up to me to try and prove logic. i couldnt if i tried anyway. i dont have those linguistic skills.

But i have to ask myself why it is thats gays would deny the fact their is choice involved. Is their a guilt involved conditioned by society? Is there shame as well? I wouldnt know. Ive made it clear enough already I dont believe society has that right, but if one is being affected so easily by peers they are not close to then what does that say about the person it is they choose to be?

just saying

So it's your belief that homosexuality is a choice? You actually don't have any evidence to prove that belief, I'm guessing. May I ask how you formed your opinion that homosexuality is a choice if there isn't any evidence to support that belief?

Also, I think that you're confusing action with desire/attraction. A homosexual can either -choose- to act on their sexual attraction or not. Just like a heterosexual can choose to act on their sexual attraction or not. That's the choice. Do you believe that heterosexuality is a choice as well?

Homosexuals had to put on an act because throughout history society did not approve of homosexual behavior. So homosexuals had to marry people of the opposite sex in order to give the impression that they were heterosexual, when in all actuality the homosexual was not attracted to the person of the opposite sex.

I'm guessing that you're heterosexual. Consider how awkward you might feel if you had to marry someone of the same sex just to fit in, being that you're attracted to the opposite gender. It's more or less like that for homosexuals who can't engage in homosexual behavior. Society does indeed guilt homosexuals into hiding their homosexual behavior. In order to "fit in" with society, homosexuals have to engage in relationships with people of the opposite sex. Homosexuality is stigmatized by society. Similarly, if heterosexuality was stigmatized by society, you would have to hide your heterosexual behavior and you would have to engage in relationships with people of the same sex in order to fit in.

Homosexuals are legally killed in other countries for engaging in their sexual attractions, so in order to save themselves from being killed, these homosexuals must hide their behavior and relationships, or simply not indulge their sexual attractions at all.

But regardless, homosexuals are attracted to people of the same sex. They are not attracted to people of the opposite sex. If they were, that would either make them bisexual or heterosexual.
edit on 2-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

When did you make the choice to be straight? Because if being gay is a choice than it is the same for heteros.

And your book of stories is not an argument.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Being Gay is being gay...it's what it is. It is not a gift from God. And not being Gay is not a gift from God.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

sorry...not my job. u prove it is somehow engrained in dna...

gay people can sit their and say its not a choice till the cows come home. they can try to lift the buden from their soldiers if they so see a need to do so..i dont see whats wrong with it being a choice. logic dictates any action you take is a choice.

so tell me. if someoe is gay why not accept that that is the choice they make. just as someone who has to lovers wishes to be with one over the other..they are atracted to both. they have the option of having both yet people decide to be with one over another all the time. it is a choice. plain as day.

u have no choice in the color of ur skin or the sex ur born as or the attributes that describe you. u do have control of ur actions and unless ur mentally ill ur thoughts as well.

sex is a primal instict. what you have sex with is a choice. this isnt rocket science.

Sex is a primal instinct...but who you have sex with is a choice.

Do you not see the paradox in that statement?

Who you are sexually attracted to is instinct, its in the blood, all the signals that gender sends off sets you afire. The very nature of instinct is that its with you from the outset. Homosexuals are born with the -instinct-to seek out the same gender as a partner.

However I will not deny that there is choice involved in the equation.

-You choose to hide your instincts for any number of reasons (beware though, since its instinct you may set off gaydars!)
-You choose to live life as you were born to (as a Homosexual) and you have to accept that there are those in society who have been taught to deny you the basic rights of life (and may ever try to end your life).

The choice is not the attraction, the choice is to hide it or embrace it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
Let's face it the more homosexuality is encouraged and accepted, the slower the population growth. This has to be good for the planet, yes?

Encouraged and accepted only in white european country's and the USA. Not China, not India, not Russia etc. Everywhere else it's not rammed down peoples throats and promoted as a 'lifestyle choice'. I've travelled a fair few places in the world in Europe, Asia etc.
It's only in places where it's white folk's living is the whole gay thing going on like it's some empowering wonder lifestyle.

Another point, if there's a 100% acceptance of homosexuality, over time wouldn't this stop them from propagating, and eventually becoming extinct, or will there always be a 'gay' gene even in heterosexual males?

People don't typically care if it wasn't for the agenda of creating up the homo-sexual ways to clash with the hetrosexual mainstream.

Not a gay basher. These were just a couple of thoughts I'd like some reasonable responses to.

See bold words...

2nd Line.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think those that are saying gays are not gay by choice but by hormonal or DNA changes can be considered offensive.
They are basically calling gays mutants
Now before you say we are all mutants think of sanity, what is sanity?
Sanity is what the majority represents and the other side of the coin is insanity
same goes with mutants

Also imagine the suicide rate of homosexuals, imagine if they all knew they were gay by choice
they wouldn't be commiting if they knew they were gay by choice
edit on 2-6-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"Also imagine the suicide rate of homosexuals, imagine if they all knew they were gay by choice
they would be commiting if they knew they were gay by choice"

Im hoping this was a mistake in wording and not as stupid as it sounds. If it was a concious desision why would they kill themselves?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I think those that are saying gays are not gay by choice but by hormonal or DNA changes can be considered offensive.
They are basically calling gays mutants
Now before you say we are all mutants think of sanity, what is sanity?
Sanity is what the majority represents and the other side of the coin is insanity
same goes with mutants

Also imagine the suicide rate of homosexuals, imagine if they all knew they were gay by choice
they would be commiting if they knew they were gay by choice

This post is right up there as some of the most disingenuous crap I've ever read in my life. You know good and well it's bull, and you also know you're not gay, so what exactly bestowed upon you the knowledge that gays aren't born gay? Even at the age of 8 I knew I was somehow different to my friends. When I started maturing sexually a LOT of things started to make sense.

As I said in a previous post, you haven't lived my life, you have no idea what I or any other gay person has experienced. All you have is your opinion and I hate to break it to you but your opinion is not fact. Stick to what you know because you merely look like a fool when you post bullsh.. like that.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The proper term is " Homosexual " not " gay ". The Bible says it is a lust. Some people lust for the same sex. And you choose to do it, just like bestiality, rape, child molesting, fornication, and adultery.

It's a choice, and it's not a gift from God who calls it an abomination.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If you are gay it's because you chose to start having gay thoughts and same-sex attractions

Take vets and PTSD for example, they don't chose to have PTSD, it just happens and nobody would chose to have PTSD
But if you are not in war, you are not in a chaotic environment but a stable one then it is by choice that you will decide to be gay.
That doesn't mean that I mean gay people wake up one day and say "today I will turn gay", no but that doesn't mean that choice doesn't play a role, we make choices everyday without saying "today I am going to do this or take this route"

You are an intelligent being with free-will

link   
Anyone who says "it's very clear in the bible..." is a total dumb-as-rocks idiot and truly needs to be punched in the face.

I'm so glad it's so 'clearly' written in the Human Control Guide that hating gays is the best policy.

Who else should we hate according to the tell-all book? Oh wait, what's the scapegoat again? We hate the sin, not the sinner... One way or anything, we're definitely clear that HATE is an important factor of religion, though...

link   

Originally posted by grahag
If you don't care about all the facts, then yes, that is correct. But there IS evidence that genetics and hormones affect your sexual preference.

I always see people like you posting this BS but never offering a source
If you don't care about facts being factual, then yes what you are saying is fact

borngay.procon.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.boston.com...

www.sciencedirect.com...

Please indulge yourself. I wasn't born a heterosexual man without some type of genetic/hormonal functions dictating my gender and sexual attraction. Really, how do you think a person is born male or female, how do you think a person's weight, height, etc is determined? Genetics and hormones pretty much play the primary role in how a human is formed.
edit on 2-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

edit on 2-6-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

"Also imagine the suicide rate of homosexuals, imagine if they all knew they were gay by choice
they would be commiting if they knew they were gay by choice"

Im hoping this was a mistake in wording and not as stupid as it sounds. If it was a concious desision why would they kill themselves?

oopss, fixed
thanks for pointing out the typo
ya I meant they wouldn't commit suicide because they wouldn't have people telling them they were born different, they would just think ya i'm gay, ya so what I chose this lifestyle and im proud of it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
Anyone who says "it's very clear in the bible..." is a total dumb-as-rocks idiot and truly needs to be punched in the face.

I'm so glad it's so 'clearly' written in the Human Control Guide that hating gays is the best policy.

Who else should we hate according to the tell-all book? Oh wait, what's the scapegoat again? We hate the sin, not the sinner... One way or anything, we're definitely clear that HATE is an important factor of religion, though...

" It's very clear in the Bible...." that God hates sin, and homosexual activity is a sin to God, so says the Bible clearly. And neither God nor the Christians hate sinners, but they understand that it is sin just the same.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
For those ignorant of Christian things (and by that I mean the religious ones who compromise on everything based on what people want rather than the one they cliam to follow), for a homosexual to be a gift from God, (by the Bible's own standards), so is a glutton, a thief, a murder, a drunkard, a liar.....

But they aren't which is why I think it's hilarious that a non Christian can make the staement "I think all churches should... (fill in the blank)....."

It's like asking Athiest to stop being so fundamental in their beliefs and open up a bit. They can't they won't and they shouldn't.

Hilarious...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You're actually telling me that people would rather choose to be killed rather than being heterosexual? Honestly? I think the threat of death is duress enough to force a person to choose to become heterosexual again, if it were so easy as you claimed. So then why are homosexuals being killed in other countries? Are they just stubborn and enjoy gay sex -that- much that they would die for it?

link   
reply to post by ParAvion

Oh, trust me I don't deny my logic is flawed and I don't deny that yours is either. After all, neither you nor I am perfect. You cannot give me an example of a perfect human because well, there never was one. We are in a constant state of evolution just like everything else. If you really want to get down to it what is more perfect, Heterosexual, homosexual and whatnot, it is very possible that the first of our species were asexual. It's also possible that we cannot even fathom where we truly come from. I appreciate your input and I chose you to discuss this topic with because I am only trying understand you. Good night.

link   

Being gay is a choice
People say they are proud to be gay, pride requires choice
also why would they want to face ridicule if they had a choice? Once again many gays say they are gay and proud despite ridicule.

being gay is a choice, enough with the nonsense

The confusion lies within the fact that 'being gay' can mean two things:
1- I am attracted to the same sex. I get physical arousal from the form of / intimacy with the same sex.
2- I form relationships and sleep with people of the same sex.

yes, stage (2) is something you have to act on and therefore requires will (choice, if you like), but to people who are gay, gay just means that you are (1) attracted to the same sex. Nothing you can do about it! So live your life unhappy and pretending it's not the case, or form consensual relationships, have sex with, marry people of the same sex.

What's happening is the paradigm is slowly shifting to the realisation that 'being gay' is something you can't change and so, to hell with it, let's just let everyone be happy. It doesn't harm anyone, you can't catch it! You can't pass it to your children, otherwise it would have died out millennia ago. Its just part of life.

So if you want to be dogmatic and say homosexuality is a choice, go ahead. Your hetereosexuality is therefore a choice. But think carefully, when did you make that decision? Do you make it every day? ... Do you see where this is going? This line of thinking is just ridiculous!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join