It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 20
35
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by Amadeo
 


I'm telling you what I believe... isn't that what you and every other freaking person on this thread is doing????
What's your point?



And I'm telling you that your beliefs are wrong because I've LIVED it. THAT'S my point.




posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by Amadeo
 


I'm telling you what I believe... isn't that what you and every other freaking person on this thread is doing????
What's your point?



It's totally cool with me if you believe that but just wondering why you believe it? What is your reasoning?



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo
 


And I know people who lived it as well and then were miraculously changed and renounced it.
Every last one said it was a choice.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I'm vegetarian, I wasn't born vegetarian, i'm vegetarian by choice


What the hell does that have to do with being gay?

Vegetarian is a choice. Same sex attraction is not.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Everyone Please Read The Below
I'm vegetarian, I wasn't born vegetarian, i'm vegetarian by choice
I see how people mistreat animals and how meat has associations with higher levels of anger as well as many other issues, I adapted to my discomfort of meat and became a vegetarian by choice.

Similarly I know a guy who saw women be very complicated in relationships, care about fashion too much and nag alot so he adapted to his level of discomfort regarding behavioral patterns he noticed in women and decided to take the gay route.

Lesbian women, i'm sure you will not argue with the fact that many women had so many bad relationships with men that they decided to take the lesbian route, am I right in assuming that you do not disagree that there are such lesbian women out there, lesbian by choice?

can those that disagree with me respond to the above?



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by Amadeo
 


And I know people who lived it as well and then were miraculously changed and renounced it.
Every last one said it was a choice.



That is a big lie.

You CAN NOT change gender attraction. You CAN choose to live straight - - but you are still gay.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by Amadeo
 


And I know people who lived it as well and then were miraculously changed and renounced it.
Every last one said it was a choice.



That is a big lie.

You CAN NOT change gender attraction. You CAN choose to live straight - - but you are still gay.



I know... you are the authority on everything, silly me.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spencer1989
reply to post by Amadeo
 


No one. Why get upset?

I wrote a pretty good and rational post on page 18 about this but no one say it because when I posted it, two second later we were n page 19 : (


edit on 2-6-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)


Hi,

I just read your post (missed it first time around) and I agree with you. We aren't going to change the beliefs of these arrogant fools but there isn't a chance in hell that I'm going to let anyone tell me that my own experience of being gay is something I imagined and that I actually made a conscious choice about it at some arbitrary age. That never happened. What happened was a gradual dawning and realisation of why I felt different and I'll bet it was highly similar for 99% of gay people. No choice was made, we just are.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Lesbian women, i'm sure you will not argue with the fact that many women had so many bad relationships with men that they decided to take the lesbian route,


Sure - - that is what of most stupid statements I've ever read.

You don't change gender attraction because you had a bad experience.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I don't know much about lesbians or women but I know their sexuality is more fluid, and society is more accepting of two women together (even encouraged...) than two men.

Women who had bad relationships then went lesbian are actually bisexual and always were in my opinion. If they want to call themseves lesbians that is fine with me but to me, they are still bisexual.


Not that it matters.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


I want a mature debate
Your tone is immature and too aggressive
You may put me on your ignore list thx



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by Amadeo
 


And I know people who lived it as well and then were miraculously changed and renounced it.
Every last one said it was a choice.



That is a big lie.

You CAN NOT change gender attraction. You CAN choose to live straight - - but you are still gay.



I know... you are the authority on everything, silly me.


NO - - but I have been following this particular subject for 20+ years.

You are BORN gay - - you CAN NOT change that. The only choice you can make - - is to live against what you were born. You can choose to live straight - - but you never will be.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by Amadeo
 


And I know people who lived it as well and then were miraculously changed and renounced it.
Every last one said it was a choice.



Sorry but your say-so just isn't good enough. I could post something similar with a bias towards my argument. In any event, you're talking rubbish. They might choose to live a heterosexual life but I guarantee they are still gay and are most likely the unhappiest people (on the inside) that you will ever meet.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by Annee
 


I want a mature debate
Your tone is immature and too aggressive
You may put me on your ignore list thx


No its not. I am not immature in any way - shape - or form.

You are wrong - - its that plain and simple.

You just want someone to agree with you. Good luck with that.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by Annee
 


I want a mature debate
Your tone is immature and too aggressive
You may put me on your ignore list thx


What is there to debate? You say being gay is a choice. You're not gay. I am and I'm telling you you're wrong. You've no place to call anyone immature going by your disingenuous and frankly trolling post a few pages back.

Experience > No experience. It's really that simple.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo

Originally posted by Spencer1989
reply to post by Amadeo
 


No one. Why get upset?

I wrote a pretty good and rational post on page 18 about this but no one say it because when I posted it, two second later we were n page 19 : (


edit on 2-6-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)


Hi,

I just read your post (missed it first time around) and I agree with you. We aren't going to change the beliefs of these arrogant fools but there isn't a chance in hell that I'm going to let anyone tell me that my own experience of being gay is something I imagined and that I actually made a conscious choice about it at some arbitrary age. That never happened. What happened was a gradual dawning and realisation of why I felt different and I'll bet it was highly similar for 99% of gay people. No choice was made, we just are.


We agree with each other on everything but calling people arrogant fools is the wrong attitude. Haven't you considered they are just misled and igorant? I mean igorant in the literal sense.

You can't take stuff like what he says personally. It isn't worth the stress. I know you are legit. You know it. Isn't that all that matters?


Especially with an anonymous person you will never meet and can't see.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spencer1989

Originally posted by Amadeo

Originally posted by Spencer1989
reply to post by Amadeo
 


No one. Why get upset?

I wrote a pretty good and rational post on page 18 about this but no one say it because when I posted it, two second later we were n page 19 : (


edit on 2-6-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)




Hi,

I just read your post (missed it first time around) and I agree with you. We aren't going to change the beliefs of these arrogant fools but there isn't a chance in hell that I'm going to let anyone tell me that my own experience of being gay is something I imagined and that I actually made a conscious choice about it at some arbitrary age. That never happened. What happened was a gradual dawning and realisation of why I felt different and I'll bet it was highly similar for 99% of gay people. No choice was made, we just are.


We agree with each other on everything but calling people arrogant fools is the wrong attitude. Haven't you considered they are just misled and igorant? I mean igorant in the literal sense.

You can't take stuff like what he says personally. It isn't worth the stress. I know you are legit. You know it. Isn't that all that matters?


Especially with an anonymous person you will never meet and can't see.


Ohhh I get you now. Trust me, I'm not stressed. I'm just very direct and don't mince my words. I speak as I find and if I see someone being arrogant and foolish, I'm gonna say so. But I understand exactly where you're coming from. I know how I can come across but imagine me posting with a big smirk on my face



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo
Ohhh I get you now. Trust me, I'm not stressed. I'm just very direct and don't mince my words. I speak as I find and if I see someone being arrogant and foolish, I'm gonna say so. But I understand exactly where you're coming from. I know how I can come across but imagine me posting with a big smirk on my face


Just so all you gays and lesbians know - - I am straight.

I worked at a company where I was the minority being a straight female. It was wonderful. Talk at the lunch table was hilarious and informative. I was there for 6 years. These were my friends and co-workers. One of the guys - - who was everyone's friend - - died of AIDS. I owe this fight for equality to him and all my other friends/co-workers.

I also admit - I was ignorant before working there.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Everyone Please Read The Below

I'm vegetarian, I wasn't born vegetarian, i'm vegetarian by choice
I see how people mistreat animals and how meat has associations with higher levels of anger as well as many other issues, I adapted to my discomfort of meat and became a vegetarian by choice.

Similarly I know a guy who saw women be very complicated in relationships, care about fashion too much and nag alot so he adapted to his level of discomfort regarding behavioral patterns he noticed in women and decided to take the gay route.

Lesbian women, i'm sure you will not argue with the fact that many women had so many bad relationships with men that they decided to take the lesbian route, am I right in assuming that you do not disagree that there are such lesbian women out there, lesbian by choice?

can those that disagree with me respond to the above?



Okay....bullcrap....Perhaps that was too concise a response, I'll elucidate,

You story about some guy deciding women were too complicated is a bunch of
fabricated bologna you made up. (sorry, but you asked twice for an opinion).

What I will concede you is that there is a very small segment of society that
feels equally attracted to either sex, and these people can and do make a choice.
There is also a smaller number of people born with TWO sets of genitalia,
one male one female. These people COULD make a choice, but I believe that
even THIS small segment feels a certain inclination towards one or the other
without it EVER being a conscious decision.

Okay, so you don't eat meat, Well, good for you. I happen to be a
strict VAGI-tarian as well. In your case YOU made a choice. In my case
I NEVER made a choice EVER. In my case males are NEVER sexually
attractive nor do they cause me sexual thought. In fact, it is repugnant
and anti-sexual (read: gross). For you, (I don't know, just a guess) but
every now and then wouldn't you like a steak or a barbeque? Maybe
not, and if so well, maybe that made your choice easier didn't it? If your do
have regrets about your choice, well kudos to you for sticking to your
guns and being a principled man.

Gay people do not make a conscious decision to be homosexual.

But, some gay people do make a conscious decision to be straight.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Amadeo
Ohhh I get you now. Trust me, I'm not stressed. I'm just very direct and don't mince my words. I speak as I find and if I see someone being arrogant and foolish, I'm gonna say so. But I understand exactly where you're coming from. I know how I can come across but imagine me posting with a big smirk on my face


Just so all you gays and lesbians know - - I am straight.

I worked at a company where I was the minority being a straight female. It was wonderful. Talk at the lunch table was hilarious and informative. I was there for 6 years. These were my friends and co-workers. One of the guys - - who was everyone's friend - - died of AIDS. I owe this fight for equality to him and all my other friends/co-workers.

I also admit - I was ignorant before working there.


Well I for one am loving your work and wish there were more straight people like you. In my own office we have 3 gay guys and 1 bisexual girl out of a staff of 20. I've never worked anywhere else where people have been more accepting and tolerant of gay people. There have been times when we've been out having a drink after work and my straight male colleagues have leaped to our defence whenever some drunk bigot has had a go and it always gives me a lump in my throat. I'm glad to say that the anti-gay people in this thread are very much in the minority in general and I feel lucky to have such good friends and to live in a time where me being born the way I am (not that there's anything wrong with it) is rarely even an issue.



new topics

top topics



 
35
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

log in

join