It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA Proof that the Starchild skull is alien

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
A DNA mutation isn't proof that it's aliens/extra-terrestrials. All they've found is proof that this child's skull had abnormal DNA. DNA mutations are pretty common, some people are even born with 3 chromosomes. A mutation on the mitochondrial DNA is even less significant. Mitochondrial DNA doesn't do much. So a mutation of mitochondrial DNA isn't proof of anything.
You all should take a logic class. DNA mutation does not equal proof of aliens.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
A DNA mutation isn't proof that it's aliens/extra-terrestrials. All they've found is proof that this child's skull had abnormal DNA. DNA mutations are pretty common, some people are even born with 3 chromosomes. A mutation on the mitochondrial DNA is even less significant. Mitochondrial DNA doesn't do much. So a mutation of mitochondrial DNA isn't proof of anything.
You all should take a logic class. DNA mutation does not equal proof of aliens.
\

Why do we think it was a CHILD??

the Teeth were warn down..... it was i thought ,, an adult..!!?!??!??!?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Even with the 7-million in donations or one rich benefactor there is no way for anyone to confirm or deny this skull is an alien-human hybrid as to my knowledge we do not have any alien DNA to compare it too. Perhaps a conclusion of "not human" can be arrived at but it seems I remember a previous thread which the test had already concluded this skull was human or at least some human DNA present. 9-hundred years is a long time and doubtful DNA not contaminated could still be present. The only known fact in this story is that Mr Pye has made a living from it and will continue to do so.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

PRELIMINARY DNA FINDINGS 2010 In Brief: A modified "shotgun" DNA recovery technique has been successfully used to recover coherent segments of the Starchild Skull's nuclear DNA. Of the (approx.) 3 billion base pairs in the skull's genome, many thousands have been recovered. These nuclear DNA fragments have been analyzed by the National Institutes of Health BLAST program, and a substantial percentage of that DNA has "no significant similarity" to any DNA previously found on Earth. These results have been verified and repeated; however, much more DNA needs to be recovered and analyzed before a formal report can be completed.

Source

Well here's the last one they did in 2010. I dunno what 'last dna test" you're talking about. No source. Nothing. Do I smell a something that starts with a T and ends with ROLL?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Of course the mitochondrial DNA isnt human. Mitochondria arent human!

101. Mitochodria can be thought of as a useful bactrium (they're not but the analogy fits) that generate energy that powers every cell in the body. All bodies, alls animals. They divide like bacteria, and when our cells are growing inside us, the mitochondria "infect" the cell.

The only cells in nature that do not contain mitochondria are sperm cells. This is why all mitochondria is passed down the female line. None of your mitochondra came from your father. As the first cell that became you divided, some of the mitochondria got trapped in one half, and some in the other. They divide and divide and divide and when the two cells that were to become you divided to make four cells, the mitochondria went with them.

The point is our human DNA does not make the mitochondria that live in our cells,they were already there, they came from 'yo momma.

One of the upshots of knowing this, is that regardless of how mashed your personal DNA becomes, by comparing your mtDNA you can see how closly related people all over the world are to each other down the female line. Turns out we're all pretty much cousins to everyone else.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I saw the special regarding this. The Mitochondrial DNA is entirely normal, and shows that the starchild 100% has a human mother. If the Mitochondrial DNA is as you say it is, then it's MOTHER is alien. But since it's normal, neither is. I believe your article is likely hoaxed. Especially since the "earth shattering," news about the StarChild is brought to you by the one and only StarChild website.. where they want you to buy all their t-shirts and mugs.

edit on 2-6-2011 by ErgoSphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
if it is unlike normal human DNA, it may be really deformed human or maybe a deformed primate like a chimp or a monkey ?

you can't make the jump to alien just because is is unlike human

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Yukitup

that are based upon YOUR presumptions

No. They are based on what we understand about science thus far. Generally separate species cannot interbreed, that's just here on Earth, we're dealing with something that evolved on a separate planet. The odds are AGAINST it being able to reproduce with humans, it isn't speculation to suggest something that's perfectly in line with what we understand about reproduction and evolution.

The folks that were burned or hung for being heretics because they had solid evidence that the earth was not the center of the universe seemed to have plenty of reason to fear...

Barring some of the folks living in modern theocracies this would not be a concern in modern times. Scientists today don't need to fear being burned at the stake and if they indeed do have conclusive evidence for what they are proposing they should make it past peer-review. Science does follow the evidence, even if there are those who will resist old ideas.

You yourself have admitted in this thread that we haven't figured out half of the skull's dna yet (it was on page 2).

Right, we know it had a human mother, they aren't sure on the Father yet - here's a hint, human females reproduce with human males.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

How is this proof of aliens??
All I see is possibly another species found. There is no way to prove whether or not this creature came from elsewhere in the galaxy so why is it just assumed that its alien? Because of resemblences to alien drawings?? Please...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
wiki Claims it was tested as human So either it is a cover up or or once again Someone Jump the gun telling others what he wants to believe which in turn Makes things like this that much harder to prove in the long run. If it is alien then glad to see it, but we are not seeing the actual chemicals mixing with DNA, all we see is text which can be edited. No disrespect to the poster I if its fake then it goes to the person who published the results. Sorry to say that with videos and Pictures so easy to fake now, it will take Several Mother ships or admission from the government before the General Public takes findings like these Seriously. Sad but true. Excuse the Grammar I'm writing from a tablet.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JonStone

The mitochondria is human, which means it is of a human mother. The DNA however, is alien. The reason has to do with DNA changes and how the difference was so significant, it couldn't just be an abnormal human. It was as if it was a completely different species. The situation looks to be one where two aliens inject a human mother with a baby. An alien baby. We do this already with our own technology.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I don't believe this is an alien hybrid skull either; as others have said it can be difficult to produce offspring from matings of even very similar species, yet alone two species that would be even less similar than the most distantly related animals on this planet. Some related species can produce offspring and others that are seemingly just as similar to each other cannot even produce viable progeny. If that apparently minute genetic difference is too great, the offspring are stillborn, or, if they survive birth at all they don't live very long and have severe health issues.

The other thing to consider is this - say that an alien race has indeed visited us before, beings that are far beyond us in physical evolution and technological advance - then why on earth would they want to breed (even if in a test tube) with a relatively primitive species like us? That would be like us wanting to breed ourselves with monkeys. You'd have the Island of Dr. Moreau on a cosmic scale, at least from their perspective. I can't imagine that they would be looking at us as mates but rather as lesser beings, whether they would just want to study us like animals or wage war on us.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schrecken Licht
I don't believe this is an alien hybrid skull either; as others have said it can be difficult to produce offspring from matings of even very similar species, yet alone two species that would be even less similar than the most distantly related animals on this planet. Some related species can produce offspring and others that are seemingly just as similar to each other cannot even produce viable progeny. If that apparently minute genetic difference is too great, the offspring are stillborn, or, if they survive birth at all they don't live very long and have severe health issues.

The other thing to consider is this - say that an alien race has indeed visited us before, beings that are far beyond us in physical evolution and technological advance - then why on earth would they want to breed (even if in a test tube) with a relatively primitive species like us? That would be like us wanting to breed ourselves with monkeys. You'd have the Island of Dr. Moreau on a cosmic scale, at least from their perspective. I can't imagine that they would be looking at us as mates but rather as lesser beings, whether they would just want to study us like animals or wage war on us.

you have been around.. since 06...?

you should know all about the annunaki
and did you see the thing about Spiders mixing with goats,,and cows??

edit on 6/3/11 by darrman because: add a line

edit on 6/3/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

How can this be new news

I posted the same thing back in 2010 and got kicked into the skunkworks and only 9 flags......

Thread - Here

Originally posted by Havick007
Hi All,

We have all heard of the star child skull and up untill now there has many problems with recovering the full DNA for testing but that has all changed and is great news for everyone here at ATS

Article link and quote below:

''This past weekend I met with the geneticist working on the Starchild's DNA. He explained how he can now prove the Starchild is not entirely human, which has been our position for years. Now it is no longer a question of "if," but of "when" and "how" we spread this astounding new reality beyond the mailing list. First, though, let me bring the list's newcomers up to speed.

In 2003 we had a DNA analysis that used human-only primers to recover the Starchild's mitochondrial DNA, the DNA outside the nucleus, which comes from the mother and her genetic line. That meant its mother was human. But we could not recover its nuclear DNA, which comes from both mother and father, which meant its father was not a human. Unfortunately, with the recovery technology of 2003 we couldn't prove what he was, which left us in scientific limbo. The "no result" from the search for the nuclear DNA clearly meant Dad wasn't human, but we could not prove that fact beyond all possible doubt.

Now, in 2010, there have been many improvements in the recovery process, and those improvements have been applied to the Starchild skull with the stunning result you see below. This is a gel sheet that shows a clear recovery of its nuclear DNA, which could not be done in 2003. ''

Full article here with DNA gel sheets:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaab9c4a1eb8.jpg[/atsimg]

exopolitics.blogs.com...

Amazing!!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

So remember:

* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

Watch this 6 part video for the most in depth discussion of Lloyd Pye's efforts.

edit on June 3rd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Finally positive proof of alien life, now can we move on and contact these beings peacefully and learn there ways.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

If you read the site it says more tests are needed to confirm the first test, after that it will be definitive proof.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It would be absolutely brill if the story in OP was true.

However - IF the skull is from a human and the deformities are not just related to the skull then it is very probable that MANY mutations have taken place in this one human.

It is therefore just as likely to be human as it is for it to be alien.

I'll rephrase that. It is more likely to be human than alien.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

There are many more Skulls,, like this one, in the story...

I personally know of testing going on RIGHT NOW,, from NEW Samples taken 2 weeks ago..

Can you give us more information about this statement???

WHO
WHAT
WHEN
WHERE
WHY
HOW

The 5 Ws plus an H of journalism

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join