It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA Proof that the Starchild skull is alien

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Well that makes it a little more interesting.

I didn't know all this, thanks Kandinsky!

Promoting their own stuff...why do they always have to do this!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by philware

Prove that it is Alien?

They could do more intensive test's than that?
edit on 2-6-2011 by Symbotic because: edit

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbotic

its very odd and whos to say that it is not part alien

edit on 2-6-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by philware
reply to post by Symbotic

yes i have seen this skull
its very odd and whos to say that it is not part alien

You have seen this skull in person?

I would love to think that it is alien, i would love to see an alien. But the way we perceive an alien is very cartoony and stereotypical. Alien life doesn't have to represent anything human looking, they can be micro-organism's etc.

plus if the skull is 900 years old, it could have been a malformed baby? Who knows, i'd sure like to think so.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Now we have two contradicting stories from 2 equally unreliable sources lol....

What are we to do?

haha seriously, you people are taking this information from a website called starchildproject.com.
of course they're gonna be biased towards the possibility of it's non-human form.

STARCHILDPROJECT.COM?! REALLY? WOW

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeblus27

Originally posted by DaMod
Now we have two contradicting stories from 2 equally unreliable sources lol....

What are we to do?

haha seriously, you people are taking this information from a website called starchildproject.com.
of course they're gonna be biased towards the possibility of it's non-human form.

STARCHILDPROJECT.COM?! REALLY? WOW

Thats why i was telling people not to believe everything they read

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by Misterlondon
i have now heard of a few updates from these guys and they always seem to say the latest tests confirm alien dna, but they are ongoing..
maybe i dont understand the process fully but how many more tests do they need to do..

if it is alien, what will they have to compare it to?
i think it will never be officially confirmed, but im sure books, conferences, merchandise etc will still be promoted..

They dont have to do anymore tests to proof that the dna is not of this world...they continue to do it because they can learn more.

the way i understand it-- it takes a few weeks to find out,, it isn't human,, it takes many months, to find out WHAT it is.!!!

I don't personally agree that this is not the remains of a poor soul with a genetic defect, but looking at your post...... how will they find out WHAT it is? If the findings declared are true (which has not been corroborated), what would they compare them against?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by darrman

You must be joking! A Dremel tool on a table in someone's back porch? With cats in the window and two skulls of unknown origin in conditions so contaminated...you couldn't eat your dinner in there!

Nobody will take those circumstances seriously.

give one dollar,, if you can.. and invest-- just for the sake of knowledge .!!!

This is what deeply worries me about the constant Lloyd Pye threads. Somebody, somewhere usually comes into the thread and makes Pye's case for him. Pye is a conman. Those doing his publicity work are working in the interests of a conman.

Here you are directly touting for business on behalf of a con?

i thought i was clear,, i take no credit for the NASA launches,, but I've posted in-favor of supporting NASA,,

i take no joy in our current world events,, and post my thoughts and opinions ,, i'm not RESPONSIBLE for the events..

read ALL my older posts and threads--if you care to see, I am FAR from a SOCK-puppet member..

i found this so exciting,i needed to share it with my family here at ATS,,---- hate me ,,??? go ahead.. ive been FAT all my life........calling ME names,,doesn't hurt one BIT...LOL

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Like I said before. Just because its not human doesn't mean that it's an alien. Thats like saying that a dog isn't human so it must be alien!! Did you know that humans have like 70% of the same DNA as a TREE!

This skull has an even higher percentage of similarities to humans then a tree. That means it came from earth! Which means it's NOT alien.

-Alien

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
There are more than one type of DNA tests, depending on what it is you are trying to find.

If I remember correctly, Mr. Pye had a cursory DNA test done many years ago, which resulted in establishing that the child's mother was, in fact, human.

There is a much more detailed DNA test, which locates the mitochondria and can show BOTH mom and dad's DNA input.

It is extremely expensive, and I believe that that is why it took him so very long to have it done.

No scientific institution wants to touch that skull, as it is feared that he may actually have a hybrid on his hands, and that may ruin some institute's solid, 'scientific' reputation.

Apparently, that test has now been done and the results are saying that dad was not human.

Way to see it through Mr. Pye.

Let the debunking begin!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

And...why isn't this being published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal? Where did they get the tissue samples from in the skull? Why is this being published on an agenda-based website instead of in scientific literature.

Oh...because it's probably a load of manure. Lloyd Pye is one of these people who keeps making claims he can't scientifically back up.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
i heard, they tested it and found it was human.

Yes they did and they CONCLUSIVELY determined it was completely human. " "conclusive evidence that the child was not only human (and male), but both of his parents must have been human as well, for each must have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes". Further DNA testing at Trace Genetics, which specializes in extracting DNA from ancient samples, in 2003 recovered mitochondrial DNA from both skulls. The child belongs to haplogroup C. Since mitochondrial DNA is inherited exclusively from the mother, it makes it possible to trace the offspring's maternal lineage. The DNA test therefore confirmed that the child's mother was a Haplogroup C human female." -SOURCE

The guy that owns the skull keeps coming up with bogus claims about the DNA. Considering they've already determined the haplogroup that the poor deformed kid came from, I have SERIOUS doubts about any 'new' DNA evidence. It's been completely debunked by it's own DNA tests...yet you won't find any of that info on the guys site (obviously)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Ahh, but if we are, as Sumerian tablets attest, ALL alien-neanderthal hybrids, wouldn't 'hybrid' DNA look exactly the same as 'human' DNA?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Doesn't that DNA test prove he isn't an alien? At least in a sense that an alien is a being from outer space.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

That's a case of the same SPECIES interbreeding. Race is based on minor genetic differences that manifest in superficial differences of appearance. The idea that a human and an alien could interbreed naturally is absurd.

Very exciting! Would you PLEASE share your evidence of what genetically distinguishes aliens from different human species and the human race? (wouldn't it also be "naturally absurd" to claim that a human and an alien could not interbreed without evidence of alien genetics?)

Fear of Ridicule

Nonsense. A scientist with conclusive evidence would fear no such thing, it would make their career to come out with solid evidence of alien life regardless of the scoffers and doubters that might turn up. If the evidence was truly conclusive they'd be able to put the skeptics to bed quickly.

What type of scientist are you?

I wonder how many scientists with truly conclusive proof have committed career suicide by going against the accepted paradigm... Change is difficult for many to accept, and massive paradigm shifts are exponentially more difficult. Going against the grain has led to the ruin of many promising careers and LIVES of honest scientists for several hundred years now... (The earth used to be flat, remember? Astronomers and scientists were branded as heretics and killed for challenging this paradigm -- you probably just forgot that little example).

What papers have you had published? Have you personally experienced the modern process of acceptance through peer review? Reputable publishers put a lot of emphasis on the reputations of the researchers/scientists that submit their research for publishing, as I am sure you know. Once a scientist's reputation is called into question (you know, silly little things like going against the accepted paradigm...), getting published in a reputable source becomes essentially unattainable.

Skeptical minds are essential and required, though shallow skeptics don't seem to contribute much...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Ahh, but if we are, as Sumerian tablets attest, ALL alien-neanderthal hybrids, wouldn't 'hybrid' DNA look exactly the same as 'human' DNA?

Ha, Ha!.....Ok I guess you got me there! Of course though, such alien-neanderthal hybrids wouldn't have anything to do with proving/disproving the Starchild skull......Still that's a decent comeback, I'll admit!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Scientists aren't lining up because anyone with a functioning brain cell can see that it is the skull of a horribly deformed human child. Terrible skull deformity is not that uncommon. We don't see much of it because those fetuses usually die in utero and if they manage to survive until birth they pass soon after. Most parents after losing a child in such a horrible manner are not likely to show picture around to the masses.

That someone cared enough for this little one to take the time and care to bury him, says far more for the state of humans at that time than whether or not his parents were something other.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

The thing is, this little skull been around for ages and no one seems to reach a consensus or a definitive explanation for it.

Indeed, that's because the believers in this skull have adopted it like some sort of religious relic. Like the Shroud of Turin or the Mitchell-Hedges Crystal Skull they insist on believing in it despite evidence suggesting it's a fraud (or in this case that it's just a deformed human/ape skull). It's far more likely the skull is some medical oddity or perhaps even an as yet undocumented hominid species similar to us than it is that it be alien. Even if the DNA comes back entirely inhuman how would we then determine whether this thing originated on another planet? It would be very hard indeed.

I was thinking of dna mutation or experiment in vitro.

That would definitely be the most likely way aliens would interfere with out genes but we've unwrapped the human genome and found no evidence of such tampering. We're now comparing our genetics to other species and finding out how evolutionarily related we are and thus far there's no sign of alien tampering.

I find your avatar of incredible bad taste by the way

Well your version of Ezio is flipping everyone the bird

edit on 2-6-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

This taken from the site

Now recall that all four Starchild mtDNA fragments add up to 1,583 base pairs, which is 9.5% of what we assume will be a total mtDNA genome in the 16,600 ± range. Among the 1583 bp are 93 differences, which extrapolate to a shocking total of 976 differences! [To extrapolate 9.5% out to 100%, divide 100 by 9.5 to get 10.5; then,10.5 x 93 = 976.]

So in simple terms the got 93 differences in 1583 base pairs looked at then decided to do the simple maths MAYBE because it suited their intened result, as above
to extrapolate 9.5% out to 100%, divide 100 by 9.5 to get 10.5; then,10.5 x 93 = 976.

So because it had 93 differences in 1538 bb they ASSUMED that would happen with the rest

They state maximum difference in humans is 120 WHAT if there are NO more differences when they look at the rest of the base pairs that would mean human then

SO THEY HAVEN'T PROVED ITS ALIEN!!
edit on 2-6-2011 by wmd_2008 because: SPACING

edit on 2-6-2011 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is hilarious, they actually made the stereotypical alien have the facial (mouth) feature of Steven Greer

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join