It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

OK then why are women so organized if this is truly a battle of the sexes?

Is there a need for mens shelters? Yes, it could be a free hotel room in the ghetto for I care but yes. Women are crazy, not all of them but they are all capable and can do just as much damage as a man, particularly one who does not believe in battering or striking a woman.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

You love to leave out that men also fought for womans rights.Not that I`m not surprised in the least by any of your comments.They are just typical of you and those that hate males. Yeah you did it all by yourself........

Excellent Post,as usual GPS..................

As stated in a nutshell................................

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Sorry I cant feel sorry for some douche that says I dont give a f# about you, I am in the union and f# off.

Sorry, not feeling the love, and not pathetic enough to join em either.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Another mother taking in a psychopath. I am going to look for the statistic on that. There has to be one.........

That's what happened to my foster daughter. Her mother went to prison and I had her for about two years. I couldn't bear to see her go into state care and her mother had been my roomate, so I took custody. The mother went up on a drug charge. When she got out, she snatched the kid and took off out of state. 7 months later Ariel was dead. Raped repeatedly and murdered by the man my former roomate was staying with.

And then there is this case, that I have intimate knowledge of...

stationsixunderground.blogspot.com...

He strangled the woman the morning she was coming to pick up her children that had been taken away from her for substance abuse and other lifestyle problems. She insisted that he buy her children a Power Rangers toy for Christmas. That's what the fight was about. Who was going to buy her kid's Christmas toy. He strangled her to death with a baby in her womb.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
If your not understanding my humor then I will explain.

I have been fired many times. In most cases I do not blame my employer I blame myself.

This the "United States" is capitalist and any employer has the right to fire me at any time for any reason!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
"The data availability is disappointing," said UNLV assistant sociology professor Andrew Spivak, an expert in examining FBI Uniform Crime Reports and Supplemental Homicide Reports. He pointed out the documents list 17 categories for a homicide victim's relationship to the killer, and "mother's boyfriend" isn't one of them. They would fall under the broad category of "acquaintance," which happens to account for 38 percent of solved homicides from 2009, the most of any subset.

edit on 21-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Domestic violence murders do NOT include men killed by other men at the behest of a female lover, or paying female solicitor.

Other stats indicate however, that more men are killed in love triangles than in prison. And if those numbers were included in DV stats, it would show that relationships are more fatal for men than for women.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

WTF!!

I am saddened for your loss brother. Condolences. My EX shacked up with a loser also. He repeatedly beat my son,forcing his younger sister to watch. Ripping my sons shirt off his body,to subjecting him to 110 degrees in a closed room,with no air. Blood drawn daily.Theres much more,but I cringe thinking about it. Then,my daughter. GRRRRRR.

Nonetheless,There isnt a day I dont think about it,especially when I look into my kids eyes. All legal of course,because my EX decided to move far away. With no money left,and barely enough to survive,I waited. All the time not knowing if MY kids were alive or dead. But the child support check ,kept on flowing........for the drugs. These ASSH0les make me sick. They deserve hell.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by thehoneycomb

The reason why there are no men's shelters is because men are not organised like us women! It has nothing to do with the system.

Has everything to do with the system. We have has a huge spike in DV in my county in the last year, a cop was even murdered in the middle of a DV dispute at the train station a few months ago. There most certainly is a demand for men's shelters, and I am actively working with different groups trying to establish one of very few in the country in an effort to offset the local current trend.

However, we have been denied all public funding, whereas numerous local woman's shelters are fully subsidized AND on top of that receive substantial private and corporate donations. You know why? It looks good on an office plaque. It looks good at election time that you supported funding for a battered women's shelter.

But a man's shelter, has no political gain, no PR gain, and in fact could be seen as a liability.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Mate.....both men and women are capable of just about anything.....including killing and murder.

I never said otherwise.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

If my father is now in his 90's.....you can do the math or shall I do it for you! Duh!

Society almost 100 years ago and during my generation were different however while growing up it was tough but most definately fun times! Sorry you missed it, sorry my kids missed it. Yes most certainly do I clearly remember leaving our keys in the car and our front doors open and unlocked! How times have changed.

No I'm afraid I don't watch too much of mainstream TV especially here in Australia because it's full of crap. The bombs stopped falling on Afghanistan after 9/11? Actually, the military did'nt go in to Afghanistan until long after 9/11. They went in to Iraq first, remember? The very country who had nothing to do with 9/11. Not that I disagree with taking out Saddam Hussein. Evil man he was and so was his sons and their ilk. Are there still bombs dropping on Afghanistan? Yes there are, and they're hammering Libya as we speak.

You know as well as I do we have some isolated incidents within our military.....but generally speaking you know as well as I do the Australian Military is made up of mostly fine and well bred men & women. Although I'm not Australian born but I have enormous respect for our diggers and the ANZACs. I'm from a long line of them.

You mention a married couple in your post. This thread is about men paying child support. Got it?

So you want to give up your right to vote? Tell that to Julia Gillard! Perhaps she can change the voting system from compulsary to voluntary just for you?

Yes I do know the mining industry is male orientated.....I know, I have many friends among them over in WA.

The black hoods I think it was.....funny lot they were. The latest you know about is the ex veteran holding up our early morning traffic on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. What the media failed to tell you all is his ex wife and kids went in to protective custody.....for what, the mind boggles, but I can only speculate which I won't but not a happy story from what the neighbours were saying.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

You should try getting donations from poor people like me.

I would be happy to donate!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

OK then why are women so organized if this is truly a battle of the sexes?

Is there a need for mens shelters? Yes, it could be a free hotel room in the ghetto for I care but yes. Women are crazy, not all of them but they are all capable and can do just as much damage as a man, particularly one who does not believe in battering or striking a woman.

There's a motel down the street from me. Not too long ago a guy went there to get away from his girlfriend for the night after police were called to their apartment, and they kicked him out instead of her, simply because he was the man. Later that night she came to the room and stabbed him in his back with a kitchen knife (she was a local chef) numerous times.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Ok so now we have agreed what man and women are quite capable of doing......what is your point?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

If I recall, and I'll double check my sources to be absolutely sure, but 3 male shelters opened up in Australia some time ago........they shut down......not because of lack of funding at all......but because they were always empty. It would be a challenge to see afew open up in the USA and see if they get the some response. Don't you think?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Thats any place in america. So I guess I do not know your background, but I do know that you are doing something to change it, so how do we change it? I suggest that the thing we are fighting against is an idea, just like the United States was an idea or Child Support was an idea, so how do you fight against an idea? The cards are stacked against us and we know this, but we also know there are only 52 cards in a deck 54 if you count the joker which describes this place in time so there is a variable but obviously we have different ideas but a common place in which these ideas spawned, so how do we proceed?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Oh I see, so you think there is no necessity for women's shelters and they only exist because it looks good politically?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
not sure about the U.S. system, but in the U.K. the answer is to allow the father to have the child and care and look after it for 2/3 full days per week. unless it changed recently that would mean you are contributing to the childs upbringing and would not be pursued for child support.

the mother is not having to fork out for the cost for 2/3 days, the father is contributing for 2/3 days.

so from what i can tell the system is not always the problem, it is the parents or one of the two parents, who hold grudges and try to make eachothers life a misery, and use the child and child support as a weapon or a way to get one over on the ex-spouse.

if both parents were GOOD parents and cared for the child they would come to an arrangement between themselves that was the best possible solution to make it less painful on both parents where seeing the child and financial circumstances are concerned.

but this does not always happen, you either get a willing father being prevented and took for everything they have to make their life hell or you have a father who does not give a crap so the mother has to take out child support inorder for them to take some sort of responsibility.

the only flaw in the system is that women or men can use it as a weapon. that means the problem is people not being able to work things out between themselves and plan what is best or how they will contribute, therefore the system has to.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Why would there be a shelter exclusively for women? If it is a shelter, it should be accessible by anyone who needs shelter, not just women.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Sorry I cant feel sorry for some douche that says I dont give a f# about you, I am in the union and f# off.

Sorry, not feeling the love, and not pathetic enough to join em either.

Where does union ever say I dont give an eff about you? To give an eff they are supposed to work for free just because the rest of us are getting the corporate shaft-job of all time? Come on now.

I've done lots of jobs over the years, both union and non-union. I never took a job just because it was union, but in all but one, having union perks made me a better, more productive worker in an environment that was far less prone to ruthless "office" politics making it easier to focus on the job.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

The system has no way of judging. But honestly that sounds better then here, if a woman wants 99% custody she could probably get it, regardless of what the fathers circumstances are.

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join