It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

NO NO NO.....we're talking about YOU!

Mate, I'm trying to help you here. I strongly believe if both parents come to a good arrangement and each have the kids 6 months of the year (howver you want to work it out) then child support should not even come in question. Of course it would mean you'd have to move close to the kid's school.

Now thats all well and good IF you both are on talking terms and communication is level headed. If not, work at it because long term it's better for all involved and HAPPY DAYS mate!

Primary? Hang on. If you both come to an agree ment as I've stated, NO CHILD SUPPORT either way. The courts WILL except private agreements/arrangements.

edit on 3-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
So you are telling me no single mother works minimum wage over there? Thats not what I know. Perhaps you live in the wop wops?

Umm, I suppose it's possible but it would only be because of her own stupidity.

A single Mother of 3 without a job has TONS and TONS of help available... virtually free housing, food, daycare, school etc. etc. for multiple years.

Plus, is she quits flipping burgers they'll just make Dad pay her more.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Primary? Hang on. If you both come to an agree ment as I've stated, NO CHILD SUPPORT either way. The courts WILL except private agreements/arrangements.

Not really.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

actually i am closer to the 20 year mark. i have been to your country and you guys have some CRAZY laws governing driving privileges. i actually kinda like a lot of them. i dont think i should have been able to get a motorcycle with a 1000 CC engine in one day lol. however in your country it is very different. i stayed with some frineds there and actually got to see a lot of the "actual" OZ instead of all that stupid tourist crap. and you are correct. but here ecpecially in louisiana i can tell you the women are the most accident prone. however in the insurance companies defense i can say this; the men dont wreck as often but when they do it is usually a spectactular wreck lol. the only one i agree on is the elderly. that is a problem here. i have this rule that if you cant hold your mouth shut while you drive then that should be an indication that you should not be driving!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Single parents are not made to work over there? Here they have to once a child enters primary school but I think they are lowering that to kindy.

Here in Australia we do have public housing but the waiting list is approx 10 years for families, 2-5 years for single mothers and 1-2 years for single parents/care givers of a child with a disability. They get cheap meds and cheaper public transport, 10% discount off utilities. No food stamps here, no other help.

Public Housing is approx 25% of their gross wage or benefit I think.

The latest statistics here in Australia last month says 70% of single parents are working and 50% of them in fulltime employment.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sempul

In your neck of the woods....which I have visted.......my father and I were stunned at the amount of dope heads on crack. Would that be closer to the truth why you have a traffic issues with women?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Not really or the family courts have no choice but to accept a couple's private agreement?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Not really or the family courts have no choice but to accept a couple's private agreement?

They can generallly only accept private agreements in which the child gets more than "they are owed," not less.

My friend said she didn't need or want any support, the judge said tough you're getting it.
edit on 3-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Hang on, I don't get it. In the USA or most states of the USA, do they not have such a thing as automatic shared custody?

If each of the parents take physical custody of their kids 6 months each per year then there is no use for child support. Fathers should take this option. I think it's already automatic in Canada.

The problem is.....there are many fathers who don't want it and there are fathers who do.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

If you go back and read the post you've responded to, you'll realise the $200 per week was an EXAMPLE to illustrate the point I was making. I'm sure most poeple got it.
And whether it's here or America, it doesn't matter.
The basic costs of raising a kid is more or less the same.
People have to learn to live within their means. Women can want as much child support as they like, but whether they get it is another thing.
And as for the $1,500 a month, I don't know any guy who is paying that much in child support.
So that is way OTT.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Hang on, I don't get it. In the USA or most states of the USA, do they not have such a thing as automatic shared custody? If each of the parents take physical custody of their kids 6 months each per year then there is no use for child support. Fathers should take this option. I think it's already automatic in Canada.

No way, that kind of split is EXTREMELY rare here.

The problem is.....there are many fathers who don't want it and there are fathers who do.

That isn't really the problem. Here unless you can prove the Mother is grossly incompetent she will generally get the majority of time with the children even when the Father disputes it.

My friend is very wealthy but doesn't have much of an income per se. She doesn't need the support at all but the state still forces Dad to pay (even though he is poor). She "gifts it" right back to him because she is a good person but most people aren't that nice (especially to their ex).

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

reply to post by sempul

In your neck of the woods....which I have visted.......my father and I were stunned at the amount of dope heads on crack. Would that be closer to the truth why you have a traffic issues with women?

i will admit we have a HUGE drug problem here. actually the whole USA. here it is mostly crack and meth. but the biggest we have is "legal" drugs. meaning those happy pills and all of their counter parts that are given out like skittles to people by "doctors". most are illegal to drive on and most do it anyway. the number one abuser of this? might shock you to know that it is white women over 30. not the kids as most think. they just are the most sensational about it. so i think that would be closer as to why instead of crack adn meth. crack really doesnt make you a bad driver since you dont drive while you are on it. now meth on the other hand..............being up for 4-8 days and driving........................well you can see where that would go lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I live in Sydney Australia where EVERYTHING is costly. Hell, Sydney is the most expensive state in the country and I have no choice but to stay until my youngest completes high school.

In Sydney alone, the average 2 bedroom apartment is in fact $450.00. Thats within a 30km radias of the city.

Food here is way over the top, even tourists from your neck of the woods are gobsmacked. A small takeaway coffee now is $4.00. A kilo of apples here range from $6.00 kilo to $9.00 kilo. Bananas are hanging around $12.95 kilo, poatoes approx $6.00 for 3 kilos, bread at it's cheapest is $1.20 a loaf, milk is $1.00 litre and eggs I can pick up for $3.00 a doz. The average electricity bill averages approx $400.00-$500.00 per quarter. Phone and Internet together is $120.00 per month exclusing any mobile or long distance calls. Food for the average family of 4-5 members range but average is approx $200.00 a week.

I pay $160.00 for school shoes twice a year because of the odd size I have to import from the USA because they don't have their sizes here (big foot!). On average, the cost of school uniforms is $800.00 upwards. School fees for public school is $1200.00 a year excluding extras depending on what subjects they do. Transport for school kids here is free.

The Govt gives all school age kids a dental token that is free but only covers for check & clean. Medical is free here for kids and pensioners. Hospitals are free except private of course.

This should give you an idea of life in Sydney. Other states are approx 10% cheaper.

Minimum wage starts at $15.00 per hour however apprenticeships only pay $6.80 per hour for first year. The average income is around $45k to $60k although we have more millionaires per capita than any other country.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sempul

We so have a similar problem here. Columbians taking advantage of the exchange rate. We've caught some of the biggest drug hauls in Australian history of late. The biggest problem we have here is binge drinking among the 16-18 year olds. Minimum age really needs to increase to 21 here. A kid can get his L plates at 16....that should be increased to 18 at least.

You are right about caucasian women.....I only met 2 women in your neck of the USA who were straight. We did'nt hang around for long. I stayed 2 days and I had enough. Shame, beautiful state. In New Orleans, the only people I actually ever saw working were the afro-Americans. Stayed in the French Quarter....strange at night, nice by day. Wish I had more money to buy some antiques there though but managed to take home some art pieces.

Oh...our truckies are known for taking all sorts to keep them awake on long hauls too.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Here's how it worked for me.
Mom works part time and receives support from her family. Mom decides to go back to school. Money is tight. Kids and mom eat a lot of Ramen and drink a lot of tap water. One present each for Christmas and birthdays. Mom goes to a thrift store or free clothes closet for clothes. Mom graduates. Gets a decent job and tells the father to go shove his money up his arse because she is also sick of the system.

Not all of us are sitting on our butts, living off the dole and driving expensive cars or wearing designer clothes on the father's dime. Some of us actually work to better ourselves. Stop painting us all with the same brush.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I live in Sydney Australia where EVERYTHING is costly. Hell, Sydney is the most expensive state in the country and I have no choice but to stay until my youngest completes high school.

Why don't you have any choice?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This is not true. Joint custody arrangements are not rare. In uncontested or mediated cases, some form of joint custody is very normal in the USA.

The thesis I put up on my last think has statistics for how common it is in Canada, with some representation for US cases.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tncryptogal
Here's how it worked for me.
Mom works part time and receives support from her family. Mom decides to go back to school. Money is tight. Kids and mom eat a lot of Ramen and drink a lot of tap water. One present each for Christmas and birthdays. Mom goes to a thrift store or free clothes closet for clothes. Mom graduates. Gets a decent job and tells the father to go shove his money up his arse because she is also sick of the system.

So you had kids and still got to go to school? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Lucky girl, why do you sound so bitter?

Tap water? Oh the humanity...

edit on 3-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I have two kids doing HSC this year.....the high school certificate. Without it, they don't go to university next year.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

Whats ramen?????

I'm always in seconds stores.......I can turn an old outfit into a work of art and look a million bucks. Sometime I'll post some pics.....

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join