It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I did cherry pick it......

and I also DID mention in my post you live in shared accomodation. Where I come from that means you live with other flatmates!

Ok, here's another senario....think about it.

Mum works fulltime at Walmart (have no idea what min wage is over there), receives no child support, no alimony, and has 3 kids to feed. You on the other hand allege you are a professional earning a decent salary or wage and pay 30% of your gross wage in child support. Now.....who is better off?

Could I also ask any of you.....how does alimony work over there and how much % do they pay?

I'm trying to be fair here.....so please be patient!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Aeons

One study.One BIASED study at that,not representing ALL the Child Support cases in the US.You do know this?But you cited it as fact yesterday,without the rebuttals. The System is broken.Fact. You have never went through a custody hearing for your children. Fact. You know nothing about the corrupt system,except your biased opinions. Fact. Did I miss anything? You also cited sources that couldnt even get their facts straight about Judges. Are they Biased or not? You Failed to answer that question also. And if Judges are BIASED,how can a man fight a currupt sytem,if the very person whos going to JUDGE him,might be compromised? Sorry your response fails on so many levels.

Peer reviewed legal opinions and statistics are also not good enough. Good stuff.

If you'd like more sources, you can take those that I cited and look through their references for more data and opinions on the subjects.

But I think that we both know at this point that you got what you wanted, and still want to claim you are oppressed by.....something. You are taking your personal story, and ranking it as more powerful than statistics, studies, peer reviewed judicial studies. The fact is that no data is good enough for you unless it already agrees with you. That you are a victim of a system in which you apparently won custody.

A peer review that is flawed,is still worth something? Got it. Im not oppressed.By anything. Im sick that their are actually people out there that CLAIM they know what a man is going through,when it comes to child support. The data I stated was Fact. A fact that IT was flawed. AGAIN,you havnt answered the question,and are dancing around it. If a Judge is BIASED,how can ANYONE get a fair representation? IT WAS YOUR FIRST LINK!!! Did you actually read it? Judges arnt Biased,but they arnt as biased as they were in the Past. Thats your proof . HILARIOUS!!! Theres lots of data that States,fathers are the majority of non-custodial parents. Gender Bias exists,THATS A FACT.
edit on 3-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

You must live out in the sticks because here in Australia the average cost of a 2 bedroom apartment starts at $450.00 a week my friend.

What a load of crap!!!

People can rent a decent 4 bedroom 2 bath 2 carport for $350 in many areas in Western Australia,heck its not to hard to check the online realestate pages.

Here I`ll help you. www.realestate.com.au...

You`ll get a 2 bedroom flat for less,the average Australian home to buy are around 450k,though you can find alot cheaper.

$30.00 food for a child? That only covers the cost of bread and milk per week here for a family of 3 with 2 schoolage children. I know I'd want my kids to eat fresh produce, not take outs and cheap garbage from packets, jars and tins!

If you are paying $200.00 a week rent and you have only one child....then the share of rent for that child is $100.00 so the non-custodial father should pay $50.00 towards the ex wife's rent per month, this % could also be used to pay utilities and food, then he should also pay 50% of education/dental/medical/education/petrol. Instead of alimony, 10% above and beyond child support is fair and paid to the mother to do as she wishes.

Here in Australia, fair child support should be no less than $250.00 per month. Then upon entering primary school or when the child turns 4-5 years of age $500.00 per month per child. Then when the child turns 13 or upon entering high school then it should go up to $600.00 per month until the child turns 18. For 3 teenage children $1500.00 is a respectable amount of child support per month...this would also cover dental checks twice a year.

So do you think it was fair that I had to pay as other men had to as well over $2100 a month 15 years ago(imagine whats thats worth today) for twin boys starting from the age of 3-4,don`t tell me it costs that much to feed and clothe them.Do you also think it fair when she (ex) had another baby to someone else then asked more from me? While she continued to sit on her rear end like the rest of her life,like expecting others to provide the very air she breathes.

Heck my Missus now for the past 17 years when she was a little girl with two sisters and a brother lived in a tent for three months with her mom and dad,they all look back at those times as fond memories.Myself when I was 3 with two older sisters mom and dad had to rent a house on a farm that used to be a stable,there was never any neglect or complaints and definitely no squalor.

The women most of us are complaining about are the ones who live or try and live ever more increasing lavish lives on someones elses dollar.Namely their ex and the govenerments.

I have no idea of the average day to day costs in the USA but I'm assuming it's alot less than Australia.

This I believe to be true and as far as groceries are concerned is twice as expensive as the UK if what they have shown on acurrent affair programs.

But as many people can tell you that taking in family or freinds etc who have gone through a rough patch,can be done at a minimum.Without crys of squalor!
edit on 3-6-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I did cherry pick it......

and I also DID mention in my post you live in shared accomodation. Where I come from that means you live with other flatmates!

Ok, here's another senario....think about it.

Mum works fulltime at Walmart (have no idea what min wage is over there), receives no child support, no alimony, and has 3 kids to feed. You on the other hand allege you are a professional earning a decent salary or wage and pay 30% of your gross wage in child support. Now.....who is better off?

Could I also ask any of you.....how does alimony work over there and how much % do they pay?

I'm trying to be fair here.....so please be patient!

Hmm,can I put it into an another analogy?

Father is a professional,and gets paid very well. Why should the mother get Child Support,if the Father can actually take care of the children?That would give mom the free time to actually get out of poverty. Now whos better off? The Children of course.And thats ALL that matters.

I dont know about alimony,so I couldnt tell you,nor would it be fair to "claim" something I dont know ANYTHING about,hun....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Mum works fulltime at Walmart (have no idea what min wage is over there), receives no child support, no alimony, and has 3 kids to feed.

No single Mom of 3 w/o child support works at Walmart - she quits and gets on the dole, public housing, food stamps, free or close to free daycare, and can most likely go back to college for next to nothing.

You on the other hand allege you are a professional earning a decent salary or wage and pay 30% of your gross wage in child support. Now.....who is better off?

Meanwhile, because Mom quit her job the state ups Dad's support obligation (and if he hasn't been paying they have also been charging oodles of interest and might have taken his drivers license). No going back to school for him, despite his advanced degree etc. etc. he can barely afford a shethole apartment with a roomate (not nearly as nice as Mom's free one) and he's embarassed when his kids come to visit.

Mom is much better off.

edit on 3-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yes, it did state that Judges are not as biased as in the past.

Did you read further, into the bit about the history of child custody laws after that?

The bias they are referring isn't what you are claiming.

I'd suggest that you might want to go re-read it yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sempul

Lucky for you I was brought up by a police officer of 32 years in the force, was highly positioned, so I know the mind of officers, I know how they think and how they talk. I doubt you've completed even 10 years.

Here in Australia, it is the men between the ages of 16 to 24 that are the worst culprits on the roads. The 2nd worst are the long haul truck drivers, 3rd worse are the elderly over the age of 70.

I think thats about roughly the same as over there in the USA.

Why do I know? Because thats how the insurance companies work. They know males are the worst drivers so they charge them double. Any insurance company will tell you that. However, here you get discounted each year depending on how many demirit points you have accurred.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Exactly. The court keeps those involved,coming back. The system gets payed.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Mum works fulltime at Walmart (have no idea what min wage is over there), receives no child support, no alimony, and has 3 kids to feed.

No single Mom of 3 w/o child support works at Walmart - she quits and gets on the dole, public housing, food stamps, free or close to free daycare, and can most likely go back to college for next to nothing.

You on the other hand allege you are a professional earning a decent salary or wage and pay 30% of your gross wage in child support. Now.....who is better off?

Meanwhile, because Mom quit her job the state ups Dad's support obligation (and if he hasn't been paying they have also been charging oodles of interest and might have taken his drivers license). No going back to school for him, despite his advanced degree etc. etc. he can barely afford a shethole apartment with a roomate (not nearly as nice as Mom's free one) and he's embarassed when his kids come to visit.

Mom is much better off.

edit on 3-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

Then he should review and contest his custody, which will change his support payments. More custody, less child support. And in subsequent appeals/reviews, men do very well.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Western Australia is in the sticks mate. It's ISOLATED !

I however live in the Northshore of SYDNEY.......SYDNEY my friend! Wake up!

The child support system in Australia DIFFERS to that in the USA. You paid that amount because you were obviously earning a great deal. That would had been approx 19-20%. I can pull out the rate now if you like!
edit on 3-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I did read it.Its written by "Professionals" that get PAID,on those who are suffering.Did I miss something? Do I have to
prove what its all about? MONEY. So now lawyers,and attorneys have peoples best interests at heart? LOL

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Then he should review and contest his custody, which will change his support payments.

Oh trust me I agree, i was simply answering her question.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I used Walmart as an example because they pay minimum wage like McDonalds and other similar places do. Alot of mothers DO work for minimum wage over there.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Then he should review and contest his custody, which will change his support payments. More custody, less child support. And in subsequent appeals/reviews, men do very well.

I can actually agree with this,if and only if the Judge isnt BIASED. About men doing well,when men get custody 50% of the time,right out the gate,then you could say that.Then you could say EQUALITY works.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Eons is correct. Can you not go for joint custody? Perhaps move to the same suburb or close by to your children's school and gain at least 50% custody? If the children are physically with you 6 months of the year then I don't see why you should pay any child support.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I used Walmart as an example because they pay minimum wage like McDonalds and other similar places do. Alot of mothers DO work for minimum wage over there.

Not really.

Your example isn't realistic.

People don't flip burgers for 60 hours a week when they'd be better off not working at all.

Nice sad story you told there, but it's fantasy.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Eons is correct. Can you not go for joint custody? Perhaps move to the same suburb or close by to your children's school and gain at least 50% custody? If the children are physically with you 6 months of the year then I don't see why you should pay any child support.

You guys obviously have no understanding of the child support system.

The more money the state collects in child support the more money they get from the federal government. A 50/50 split with no money transfer is the last outcome they want.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

You can try to go for joint custody. Ahh,but Joint custody, primary placement is the sticking point. Because primary placement is what most women get,regardless if its NOT what the father wants. I suggest you go to a few child support hearings.You will KNOW exactly what i am talking about. She could refuse child support,and the Judge would still give it to her. Thats how it is.Broken. I GUARANTEE if you go,you will understand .

link   

So you are telling me no single mother works minimum wage over there? Thats not what I know. Perhaps you live in the wop wops?

link   

Also,they hold the money for weeks,to collect on the interest. Think of how much THAT is.

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join