It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Aeons

One study.One BIASED study at that,not representing ALL the Child Support cases in the US.You do know this?But you cited it as fact yesterday,without the rebuttals. The System is broken.Fact. You have never went through a custody hearing for your children. Fact. You know nothing about the corrupt system,except your biased opinions. Fact. Did I miss anything? You also cited sources that couldnt even get their facts straight about Judges. Are they Biased or not? You Failed to answer that question also. And if Judges are BIASED,how can a man fight a currupt sytem,if the very person whos going to JUDGE him,might be compromised? Sorry your response fails on so many levels.

Peer reviewed legal opinions and statistics are also not good enough. Good stuff.

If you'd like more sources, you can take those that I cited and look through their references for more data and opinions on the subjects.

But I think that we both know at this point that you got what you wanted, and still want to claim you are oppressed by.....something. You are taking your personal story, and ranking it as more powerful than statistics, studies, peer reviewed judicial studies. The fact is that no data is good enough for you unless it already agrees with you. That you are a victim of a system in which you apparently won custody.

A peer review that is flawed,is still worth something? Got it. Im not oppressed.By anything. Im sick that their are actually people out there that CLAIM they know what a man is going through,when it comes to child support. The data I stated was Fact. A fact that IT was flawed. AGAIN,you havnt answered the question,and are dancing around it. If a Judge is BIASED,how can ANYONE get a fair representation? IT WAS YOUR FIRST LINK!!! Did you actually read it? Judges arnt Biased,but they arnt as biased as they were in the Past. Thats your proof . HILARIOUS!!! Theres lots of data that States,fathers are the majority of non-custodial parents. Gender Bias exists,THATS A FACT.
edit on 3-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

the usa census backs up every single one of your statistics.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I have no issue with child support as long as it is a reasonable amount and used to pay for half of the child's living expenses. The problem that i've seen is that there are cases where the amount a man has to pay is absolutely obsene. I have a 3 year old son, and I can assure you that I do not spend more than $50 a week for half of his living expenses. Yet, some of these mothers, many who are still sharing the parental responsibilities with the child's father equally, are getting hundreds of dollars a month in support? It's insane!
And lets be honest, you know all that money is not going to the child. These mothers are essentially using it as an extra source of income at the expense of the standard of living of their own child's father! If that's not low class and selfish, then I don't know what is.

But, for those deadbeat dads who's only contribution in their child's life is a paycheck, well, I have no sympathy for you.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I don't know how alimony is worked out over there but no one seems to have any idea so my guess is no one is paying it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by bluemirage5

You must live out in the sticks because here in Australia the average cost of a 2 bedroom apartment starts at $450.00 a week my friend.

What a load of crap!!!

People can rent a decent 4 bedroom 2 bath 2 carport for $350 in many areas in Western Australia,heck its not to hard to check the online realestate pages.

Here I`ll help you. www.realestate.com.au...

You`ll get a 2 bedroom flat for less,the average Australian home to buy are around 450k,though you can find alot cheaper.

$30.00 food for a child? That only covers the cost of bread and milk per week here for a family of 3 with 2 schoolage children. I know I'd want my kids to eat fresh produce, not take outs and cheap garbage from packets, jars and tins!

If you are paying $200.00 a week rent and you have only one child....then the share of rent for that child is $100.00 so the non-custodial father should pay $50.00 towards the ex wife's rent per month, this % could also be used to pay utilities and food, then he should also pay 50% of education/dental/medical/education/petrol. Instead of alimony, 10% above and beyond child support is fair and paid to the mother to do as she wishes.

Here in Australia, fair child support should be no less than $250.00 per month. Then upon entering primary school or when the child turns 4-5 years of age $500.00 per month per child. Then when the child turns 13 or upon entering high school then it should go up to $600.00 per month until the child turns 18. For 3 teenage children $1500.00 is a respectable amount of child support per month...this would also cover dental checks twice a year.

So do you think it was fair that I had to pay as other men had to as well over $2100 a month 15 years ago(imagine whats thats worth today) for twin boys starting from the age of 3-4,don`t tell me it costs that much to feed and clothe them.Do you also think it fair when she (ex) had another baby to someone else then asked more from me? While she continued to sit on her rear end like the rest of her life,like expecting others to provide the very air she breathes.

Heck my Missus now for the past 17 years when she was a little girl with two sisters and a brother lived in a tent for three months with her mom and dad,they all look back at those times as fond memories.Myself when I was 3 with two older sisters mom and dad had to rent a house on a farm that used to be a stable,there was never any neglect or complaints and definitely no squalor.

The women most of us are complaining about are the ones who live or try and live ever more increasing lavish lives on someones elses dollar.Namely their ex and the govenerments.

I have no idea of the average day to day costs in the USA but I'm assuming it's alot less than Australia.

This I believe to be true and as far as groceries are concerned is twice as expensive as the UK if what they have shown on acurrent affair programs.

But as many people can tell you that taking in family or freinds etc who have gone through a rough patch,can be done at a minimum.Without crys of squalor!
edit on 3-6-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

a house that size in the city where i live goes for about 3k to 5k a month with first last and deposit (same as rent usually). I live in the San Francisco bay area in California. I know MANY men in my exact position. I know a lot of deadbeats of both sexes.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Yes and I do believe there are a couple of men on this thread saying similar and passing themselves off as women.....I can spot them from a mile away.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You want to live in the city metro area.....guess what......rent starts from $600 per week for a 1 bedroom!

You pay $600 a WEEK in rent? Absurd. You could own an amazing house for less than that.
edit on 3-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

$3k plus is rediculous.....but there are alot of homes that go for that too here per month in rental.

If I wanted to pay $3k in rent....I'll just go out and buy a home and make those repayments to the bank than waste it on rent.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

No I don't. Wish people would read posts. Thats how much one pays for a 1-2 bedroom in the heart of the Sydney metro.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

reply to post by sempul

In your neck of the woods....which I have visted.......my father and I were stunned at the amount of dope heads on crack. Would that be closer to the truth why you have a traffic issues with women?

that was completely a personal attack is inappropriate and does not belong here please act like an adult.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

That was a fair assumption based upon real life experience while visiting a particular area of the USA and that conversation was between myself and a Police officer working in that area.
edit on 3-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

reply to post by CobraCommander

Marriage or common marriage.....same thing but don't let those vowels to God bite you in the bum on your way out the door!

If the man and women make commitment vows to eachother and hold a legally-binding marriage contract, then they are both responsible for the fruits of the union, whether it be children, property, business venture, etc.

Common-law marriage is just another sham to stick men with responsibility that is not theirs.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Rubbish. I know alot of women who have been living in common law marriages for years and years, they are no different to those in legal binding marriages. Go look it up (depending on what state you're in).

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Rubbish. I know alot of women who have been living in common law marriages for years and years, they are no different to those in legal binding marriages. Go look it up (depending on what state you're in).

There is no common law marriage in my state, and I agree with not having it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

So no one in your state lives in common law marriages? BS

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

How does a doctor know a woman is 100% sterile unless she had her tubes clipped or had a hysterectomy?

i suppose they don't but that part wasn't shared with me. as a side note my second child, my son. was conceived at a period where my ex had secretly gone off of the pill to purposely have another child. i found that out from her aprox 14 years later.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

How can you offer others help when you clearly need help to work out your own finances? I left quite afew posts in regards to yours and I'm not buying your story. Self explained. Op !

the government support ends in 4 months. as my youngest from my first marriage turns 18 and is entering the military. my time is almost up. my problems are only example not to be misconstrued as a plea for help or any other such nonsense as i have stated prior to this multiple times within this thread. my income...take home with increase nearly 35% in October.so i'm happy to be patient.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

So no one in your state lives in common law marriages? BS

Lol, I just told you, there is no common law marriage in my state. Only 9 states in the US recognize common law marriage.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

How can you offer others help when you clearly need help to work out your own finances? I left quite afew posts in regards to yours and I'm not buying your story. Self explained. Op !

I can help others by drawing together a group of men that have gone through this in one thread and discuss the issue.

DUH

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

That was a fair assumption based upon real life experience while visiting a particular area of the USA and that conversation was between myself and a Police officer working in that area.
edit on 3-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

as a former LEO i will say the birthplace of meth and crack are in fact northern and central California. it has migrated a bit to the Midwest that is true. I was appalled at my time in St Louis at how badly it had spread. but Lake county and San Joaquin county in California are where you would find " patient zero"

however, you know what happens when one assumes.
All assumptions are illogical. To make a decision or form a viewpoint logically you must know the area not one biased opinion, and certainly "visiting" in no way makes you knowledgeable of any area unless that area be a single room / house/neighborhood....and using the last is a huge stretch.
edit on 3-6-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

So do you love you son any less now that you know? Of course you don't so be grateful you have a beautiful son and spare a thought for a father that ends up with 5 daughters and no sons!

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join