It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC CONTENT: Teacher Beats Children

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Big deal!
All of you born in the 80's think ooooooh my horrible. I got a strap designed for specifically for hitting the hand. It had bloody grip on it and I got it for talking in class. Then I got the belt when I got home for getting the strap at school. I'm not saying it was right, just, man kids in this generation...bunch of bleeding hearts

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am of course appalled by this demonstration of how and when NOT to discipline a child. However, the reasons why I am appalled are not related to the unfortunate cotton wool wrapped BS that some people have adopted regarding kids, but a simple matter of fairness.

If a child demonstrates an inability to perform a homework task, that hardly merits a smack with a ruler. The child has not committed a serious breech of decency or good behaviour, they have not stolen, or vandalised others property, nor have they committed an assault on another pupil. They have merely shown that either the teacher is incapable of presenting the information they are trying to learn, or that the pupil in question has not fully understood the subject matter for one reason or another.

When I was at school, you could be one step away from knifing someone, and no punishment of any sort would be handed out, too much paperwork, too many black marks on the record of the school = no action. That also is wrong. If these kids (and I doubt that this is the case) were the pick of the most violent, sadistic, dangerous , obnoxious people under the age of eleven years of age, then maybe, MAYBE they would be worth a slap. BUT they would have to be literaly a single misdeed away from a young offenders institution to justify this sort of nonsense.

The last thing a kid needs when they demonstrate an inability to perform a homework task , is punishment for errors in thier work. My teachers in primary school would drag me to the front of the class, and read out my incorrect answers in mathematics, and infront of twenty five or so of my classmates, tell me that I was "stupid" or that I was some sort of moron. This was not helpful in the least, and damaged my ability to learn in general. Even now when someone tries to teach something to me, I get the almost irresistible urge to rend thier flesh from thier bones and feed it to them. This is not conducive to improving a childs capacity to absorb information, and neither is punishing them for failiure.

Punishing a person for wrong doing , I have no problem with. Punishing a child for getting the answers wrong is just plain barbaric.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A lot of people who have replied are admitting to being abused as a child, I feel sad by this. Just because you got abused as a child doesn't mean it's okay for all others. This thought process is exactly what's so wrong about abuse. Beating a child is never ok, they're growing and in need of nurturing. There are other means of punishment/disciplines.. have you not the wits to out smarten a child? If not then you shouldn't be around them, violence towards a child teaches nothing but violence, a vicious cycle.. stop the cycle!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo

It isn't that they weren't hit as children that causes them to act out, actually I think it could be argued that those that act out violently most likely were hit. I was hit as a kid by my father, and the only thing it taught me was how difficult it is to overcome anger issues later in life.

The most likely reason that a lot of adolescents act out is because no one ever took a vested interest in them when they were younger. They didn't have a positive influence in their life that supported them and expected great things of them. Their parents are totally oblivious as to what's happening in their lives, and essentially once they're old enough to be left alone they're expected to raise themselves without any kind of structure.

It's not hippy dippy liberal PC BS either (there's gotta be something wrong with those of you out there that want to turn every thread into a partisan debate) you can be firm with your children without "loving" them with your fists.

There is hitting someone outside the boundary of disciplinary process, and then there is hitting someone to discipline them. There is a clear distinction, that when you physical punish someone, you clearly state why they are being punished.

In the other hand we have violent alcoholic dads who beat their kids non-sense. Those are the kids who grow up to be violent.

Let's make this simple.

It is like jumping off a rooftop, imagine if no pain is inflicted on you as you hit the ground, would you perceive jumping of a rooftop as wrong?

That's how kids see it, they run and fall, they feel the pain and learn. A big bully kid beats other kids, gets sent to his room, doesn't learn the lesson.

This doesn't mean all kids are the same, I argue that only some kids need physical punishment, many learn without physical punishment. I don't think many out there would agree on hitting your child the first time the kid makes a mistake, that's pushing the extremes.

Your argument that kids are not well looked after, I agree, we just need to lay down the ground work for what "well looked after" means.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I hope Egypts military do the same to him... a bit of capital punishment, this scumbag should never be allowed near another child again!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

where's a sniper rifle? I need something to shoot, such as that man for abusing children and taking pleasure in it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
IMO i think hitting children in schools for doing something wrong is a horribe horrible thing to do,back in the day it happened alot but times have changed & you just can't do it.
if i was a parent of 1 of those children & saw that video i would....well lets just say the word beating wouldn't do justice to what i would do to that man.

i left school 17 years ago & got shaked & pushed by teachers in the younger years & even saw 1 child throw a punch at a teacher who grabbed him.

different countries have different rules i guess but still doesn't make it right

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I will effing HURT this mofo. That he actually takes "it" out on the girls by pulling on their hair, holding on to them and hitting them on their back made my blood pressure rise, thank God i suffer from hypo-tension. Fracking idiot deserves a few good slaps!!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sure it's OK to hit a child, it teaches them that if they don't learn or listen, that violence and physical abuse are the solution.

I know a child that was hit with the belt, closed hands, back hands for not learning fast enough, or not getting homework done.

What it taught this young child was to hate asking for help and learning, it also taught this young child to hate his elders, and resent authority.

When this young child grew to large enough size, that this child could use violence to solve problems, or when they could not control others.

When this young child grew up to be adult and then caring for their elders, that used violence on them, it was OK to beat, back hand, demean, and use the leather strap on the people that raised them, when they did not listen, or respond correctly.

This is called Domestic Violence and is illegal in all the USA.

If an authority figure results in using violence on children, then they have lost control of their own lives, and do not know how to deal with the situation properly. Children want to learn and listen, it's the adults that do not know how to communicate and get frustrated, then result to violence.

People on this site are hypocrites to the highest degree, they see police beating videos, or police abusing an adult and cry "PIGS!" "Scums" "Nazi's", but if they see a helpless child get assaulted they will justify the abuse, because they themselves are abusers.

"What you sow, you reap"

edit on 28-5-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I was punished like this many times
when I was in grade school right here
in North Carolina, USA in the
70's.

My school principal had a paddle in his top
desk drawer which I was the receiver
of that many times.

My father used his leather belt on my
hiney many times. Sometimes it hurt
so bad I couldn't sit down for a day or two.

And my mom used a switch from a bush
or used her shoe.

if I did something wrong, I was punished.
end of story.

this is called parenting

spare the rod, spoil the child

I don't see anything wrong with the video.

children need to be taught that there
are repercussions for breaking rules.

edit on 5/27/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)
A moronic standpoint. You said yourself you were beaten many times. So tell me this, if beatings work, why did you still keep doing bad things? Surely if corporal punishment is a remedy for bad behaviour in children, you'd have been a model child. Apparently not, given that you weer beaten regularly, unless your parents were just sadists.

All hitting children does is send them a very clear message that violence is the answer to other people's behaviour. This is why the kids that get into fights at school are the ones that're getting slapped about at home.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Troofseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
So a ruler to the hand is shocking and worth arresting? I remember being paddled!! and oh good lord what if my dad found out I was messing up in school, I'd get the belt. Come on people, I admit what he did was probably illegal(I am not familiar with laws in Egypt) but arent we blowing this a little out of proportion?? I think disciplining kids is a good thing as long as it doesnt cross the line into abuse. I know we have all seen kids that didnt get disciplined and seen how they act. Maybe it's just me but I wasnt shocked nor appalled.

Its called the pu***-fication of America, when this is "shocking" to anybody in America.

We are too distanced from the rest of the world and reality, this is NOTHING.

15,000 people a day die from starvation, being slapped with a ruler in school, is nothing. Not to mention schooling used to be that way in america awhile ago.

I'm not saying this is right in any way shape or form, I am totally against beating children, But I'm aware that it exists, and I don't keep my head in the sand.

I am against teachers even teaching now, all schools on the globe should be converting their teachers, to using KHANacademy.com, and only teaching kids when their work is slower then the rest of the group. I know I never asked for help in school, if I was using that program I would not be afraid to ask for help, which is the main reason most people drop out.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm willing to lay a bet that over 90% of posters who have said on this thread that they see nothing wrong with this behaviour do not have children of their own. That's the only way I can fathom their breathtaking indifference to the suffering of these poor kids.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by archasama

P.S. - I truly wish I was beaten more for wrong doings in school... I'd have more respect for other people and their feelings. Also I'd watch my language and I'd control my self better.
edit on 28/5/2011 by archasama because: added P.S. part
That actually made me laugh it's so ridiculous. If you're aware that what you're doing is wrong, just don't do it. Use your brain.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm going to go to my ex-wife's house right now and ask her to sleep with me. When she asks me why I will respond by saying "Hey, a few years ago I was allowed to do this". Wish me luck, guys!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I do not understand how some can say this is not bad or try find a positive stance in it. If this guy grabbed my daughter by her hair like that and hit her on her back, or wherever he found an open spot to hit her, he surely would've had no need to worry about just being arrested.

I would go as far as to say that the way he hit the boys, once on the hand, would've only made me to open a case against him as it wasn't so severe. I've seen and experienced being punished on the hands but NEVER seen a man grab a little girl by the hair and hit them anywhere as they try to protect their bodies. Natural instinct is to protect your body and any person with a bit of noggins should know when a child goes in protective mode to back the frack up, as they are submitting themselves and have given up to one that could hurt them.

No excuse or apology can be taken to heart from this man. He deserves to be punished the same way as he dealt it out to all these little kids.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
As a teacher and a parent, I have very conflicting emotions about this subject.

On the one hand, there is a large amount of coddling that my students get that make their lives extrememly difficult later in life. If something is hard, they quit. If its complex, they cheat, or look for shortcuts.

It's our job as parents and teachers to provide our kids with discipline, because we know what a hard, cold world they will face when they leave our protective embrace. Parents too often try to be their child's 'friend'. They have enough friends.

There is an old saying that goes 'Everyone must choose one of two pains, the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret.' This is true for all of us.

We do them no favors by allowing them to get away with bad and indulgent behavior. Their boss won't care about their excuses when their work goes undone. Without self control (which is a learned skill, through fair and consistent discipline) our kids will meet with little success, if any.

BUT, on the other hand, corporal punishment is a slippery slope. It sends very mixed messages, and creates a culture of injustice and hypocrisy.

Even in these ATS responses, you can see the hypocrisy. 'This guy is whipping kids, which is wrong, so I want to whip him!' Same violent behavior you are railing against.

The proper response is, I'm sure, somewhere in the middle. There must be more communication between educators and parents. There must be more teamwork between us adults.

Parents today tend to be younger, and believe that they know more than teachers do about what is best for their kid, always on the defensive. Teachers, over half of whom are old enough to retire anytime, believe that Parents are too soft on their kids, and sometimes become too over zealous in making up the difference in discipline.

Whatever the case, it won't get better until the adults get it together, put their egos aside, and figure out what is best for the kids.

My One fiftieth of a dollar.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDevilOfLies

Pretty sure if you actually read my post you'll see that I am against physical punishment.... reading just the first line wont help.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Terrible, horrible, and disgusting yes. Graphic??No. You want to see graphic then head on over to the ync.com

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
As someone who was abused as a child, I can say I think this guy is doing it for jollies, not for teaching these kids a thing. As such, yes.. he should be arrested, and no longer should interact with kids in any way. These children are too young to be slapped with a rule for their schoolwork. And the one girl he keeps slapping with a ruler because she resists, that proves to me he is getting off on this - her fighting back infuriates him, and he has to "teach her a lesson." Yea.. he is not a good guy.

On the flip side, if a kid got a ruler to that degree for something like, punching another kid, or spitting or cussing or something along those lines - so what? In the U.S. we are stuck in the age of "must protect our precious children at all costs." Which means it's NOT ok to spank them, but it IS ok to feed them foods that can kill them, until they blow up like beach balls, let them watch violent TV shows, of people murdering other people, letting them have sex and take drugs at a young age, and ignore them to the point of negligence.

It's funny how out of skew the American people are. Kids angst over ridiculous things, and their parents act as if these are legitimate things to complain about. They are not taught respect for anyone or anything, they are not taught values worth living for... and people act anguished.. because some kids got slapped with a ruler.

What this guy did was wrong imo, but the reaction of some of you is almost laughable. I DO think that you CAN raise a kid with correct values without hitting them, or screaming at them. But it takes patience and effort. Something most parents don't want to be bothered with.
edit on 28-5-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
Well maybe thats because way back in the olden days kids were made out of leather, from being hit so often maybe? hmm

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Lmaooo @ this being graphic.

My mom used to get whipped with water hoses back in the day.
Them children will be aight.

Damn you people are sensitive.
I could understand if he punched them in the face, and cut them with a hot knife that was left over a stove.

Smh.
edit on 28-5-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

Well (as i see it) the newer generation raised with parents who don't punish have less values and are less caring and productive people and feel a lot more lost and hopeless then those from the old days where if you didn't punish a child you were considered a bad parent. proof to me is in the pudding...hard to find a polite caring young person now days.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join