It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC CONTENT: Teacher Beats Children

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Children need a beating every now and then.

Maybe the kids were failing in class or something, idk, but it didn't look bad at all to me.

Originally posted by pyrodude
So a ruler to the hand is shocking and worth arresting? I remember being paddled!! and oh good lord what if my dad found out I was messing up in school, I'd get the belt. Come on people, I admit what he did was probably illegal(I am not familiar with laws in Egypt) but arent we blowing this a little out of proportion?? I think disciplining kids is a good thing as long as it doesnt cross the line into abuse. I know we have all seen kids that didnt get disciplined and seen how they act. Maybe it's just me but I wasnt shocked nor appalled.

are you kidding me? If you think beating a child especially when they are crying and fighting to get away is appropriate, then you are extremely wrong for many reasons. Beating a child for failing is not going to improve their grades, its just going to get them scared of you and of school.

Second, I would understand why a parent would spank their child for misbehaving in private. but this is no parent. This is a teacher and if i found out that my sons teacher beat him, I would give his teacher an ass whipping of my own considering it would be ILLEGAL.

Another thing is that Rockdisjoint said that it didnt look that bad. really?. The teacher is holding the kids and beating them so they cant escape. Its almost like torture. Near the end of the video he slaps the little girl with the ruler and she starts crying and backs away from him. The teacher tells her to come back and she says no. Then the teacher says ok take your paper back and when she takes it, he pulls her closer and slaps her more.

People like this teacher deserve to be taught a lesson.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I don't advocate beating kids. I'm just a bit startled by some of your reactions. You want to KILL this guy for hitting the kids on the hands with a ruler? SERIOUSLY?

It's not hitting the boys on the hand that got to me, it was grabbing the girls by the hair and hitting them EVERYWHERE he could that pissed me off. If that was your daughter how would you respond to an act like this?

As a parent i put my daughter in that situation and i am sorry, this man deserves the exact same punishment AND FEAR he was driving into these kids. Going to that classroom everyday not knowing what this man will do to you today, and you talk about anticipation. Imagine being a little kid and having to go to a man's class who could lose it any minute.

Like you i am also a Christian, or as your mom and punishment is needed where it is deserved, i agree. This is not punishment it is driving fear into kids. Beating girls while holding them by their hair, it is sick.
edit on 5/28/2011 by qonone because: Spelling

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It seems that Religion and Punishment go hand in hand...

Originally posted by fleabit
Heck, my mom, who had the heart of a saint, made a mean-looking face on the back of wooden spoon. She named it Mean Max, and I'd get a whack on the back of my hand with Max if I screwed up. It was just one smack, not that hard - the worst was that she would make me get it and bring it to her. The anticipation was much worse than the punishment. But it was effective. She was a Christian, she would get upset if we as much as cussed or used the Lord's name in vain. Are you suggesting she was a child abuser?

Like I said.. so many people these days have no conception of reality. It's so PC, they have to agree and be outraged, just to not be branded an "abuser." For thousands of years, kids have been spanked, beat and much worse. Now in these Dr. Phil days, people act as if your child will become permanently "damaged" if you give their butt a whack, or raise your voice fully. And the result? A lot of spoiled kids with no self control, no restraint... why do you think the U.S has a STAGGERING 1/3rd pregnancy rate by the age of 20? It has the highest teen pregnancy in the industrial world. It's because kids are ignored and NOT punished.

I don't advocate beating kids. I'm just a bit startled by some of your reactions. You want to KILL this guy for hitting the kids on the hands with a ruler? SERIOUSLY?

I think he should be punished and have any teaching credentials removed, because I feel he is doing it out of pleasure, not using it as a tool to motivate kids to do better. But he is not "beating" these kids. He does not deserve to be killed for this. Some of you have no grasp on reality.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I know a lot of people on this thread think this is wrong and yes it may be a little excesive for that age group but years ago this kind of disipline worked and bleeding heart libreals picked away at it till you have kids of today,a bunch of slackers,thats whats wrong with schools today.

What is this mans intentions,he might want all the best for these kids and mybe they are unruley,you just dont know,but im kind of leaning towards beating for incorrect answers and thats wrong.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You're forgetting something very important. Everyone is different. You can't apply the same methods of discipline be it corp or non-violent and expect the same results every time. Everyone responds differently so you have to fine the right recipe.

couldn't agree more. For example, spanking had little to no effect on my brothers behavior. Literally going immediately back to doing it once the punishment had stopped. For him a time-out was a much more effective method. I imagine that for some children reasoning would be more effective then any form of punishment.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Oh man....

What I would do to that man would land me in the most horrific corner of hell.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
animal. gimme 5 mins with him and he'd get the full 12 inches between his ears

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
He seemed to treat the girls worse than the boys for some reason. Par for the course for that region of the world perhaps?

Call me devious, but if a teacher did that to my daughter I would call him up under the guise that I agreed with what he did and invite him over for a beer to thank him for disciplining my child. After shooting the breeze for awhile I would show him my knife collection, and he would invariably pick one up to look at it closer.

It would be at this point that I would take my gun and practice the fine art of self defense.

I live in a small town where people know and respect me. Trust me, I'd get away with it and I'd be sending a message at the same time.

edit on 28-5-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
IMO the punishment here is grossly disproportionate to the 'crime" no matter how you slice it, even if some of you might allow for some physical punishment of children occasionally. Getting struck for making a bad grade is draconian and then some. It might be different had those students done something like get into a fight in class or if they had spat on the teacher - something really egregious.

Personally I think that any sort of physical punishment of children should be mild and used very sparingly, if at all. When I was little my grandmother slapped me upside the head at least a couple of times; it didn't really negatively impact me, but then again, I can't for the life of me remember the misbehaviors that I did to warrant such a reprimand, so in the grand scheme of my life I'd say it basically had a neutral effect. Never had any sort of physical punishment by teachers, but back in those days if you were really bad you might get sent "to the office", and taking a walk down there was truly like walking the green mile. For some odd reason children in those days had a respect for adults, even if those adults seldom if ever laid a hand on them.

The problem is when such behavior is frequent and/or excessive (if it has to be done frequently then something's not working) and done over practically nothing, as is how it appears in the video. IMO striking a child over bad grades (whether done by a teacher or parent) would be like getting a $3,000.00 traffic ticket for going 7 miles over the speed limit - punishment that far, far outweighs the crime.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by wildoracle13
Honestly I had no idea that so many members replying here could represent such a large population of corporal punishment's psychologically abused. I don't think I read a single reply of someone saying, "...I was never beaten or spanked as a child but I would do it to my kids in a heartbeat. That guy did a great job conveying his message." THAT speaks volumes to me. My heart hurts right now. OW.

"...I was never beaten or spanked as a child but I would do it to my kids in a heartbeat...

I disciplined just like the video, I actualy had teachers call me for advice on child rearing and ask me how I had such wonderful children, they grew up to be people anyone would be proud of! they have never used drugs or abused alcohol and are happily married with careers.

On the other hand in my family of 7 children where we were never never disciplined and in my husbands family of 4 children who were NEVER disciplined the majority became messed up drug and alcohol abusers no careers no goals did poorly in school no college...the rest are severly depressed only 3 out of all of both families total 10 kids turned out moderatly ok.

Discipline can lead to abuse for a child if applied incorrectly, I would think that everyone could agree with me on that point. Glad you beat the sheit out of your kids so that they wouldn't abuse substances as adults and find great careers. Did you happen to video your man-handling of your small children like this unfortunate dope? I bet if you post it you go to jail... there is a reason for that.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Honestly I had no idea that so many members replying here could represent such a large population of corporal punishment's psychologically abused. I don't think I read a single reply of someone saying, "...I was never beaten or spanked as a child but I would do it to my kids in a heartbeat. That guy did a great job conveying his message." THAT speaks volumes to me. My heart hurts right now. OW.

"...I was never beaten or spanked as a child but I would do it to my kids in a heartbeat...

I disciplined just like the video, I actualy had teachers call me for advice on child rearing and ask me how I had such wonderful children, they grew up to be people anyone would be proud of! they have never used drugs or abused alcohol and are happily married with careers.

On the other hand in my family of 7 children where we were never never disciplined and in my husbands family of 4 children who were NEVER disciplined the majority became messed up drug and alcohol abusers no careers no goals did poorly in school no college...the rest are severly depressed only 3 out of all of both families total 10 kids turned out moderatly ok.

Discipline can lead to abuse for a child if applied incorrectly, I would think that everyone could agree with me on that point. Glad you beat the sheit out of your kids so that they wouldn't abuse substances as adults and find great careers. Did you happen to video your man-handling of your small children like this unfortunate dope? I bet if you post it you go to jail... there is a reason for that.

Nice of you to put words in my mouth and the personal attack...I am glad they did not turn out as rude and foul mouthed as you...I insulted no one in my discussion of discipline and NO one advocating physical discipline here has said anything about beatings as i am sure you are aware.

You say "Discipline can lead to abuse for a child if applied incorrectly" then you go an make the assumption that someone you don't know a thing about applied it INCORRECTY... I find that very odd.
It says a lot about someone that they come on a discussion forum and mount personal attacks against total strangers for sharing their beliefs, reasons for them and thoughts ..maybe you were raised with no discipline? or a here is a thought, Maybe you ARE a child...
edit on 29-5-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
When words fails to do its job, punishment is a must!, that way you teach children discipline and respect
or do they?...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I really don't understand the "if a child is not beaten he/she will end up in prison for serial murder" mentality. Maybe it's because I’m 17 and haven't fully matured or experience life yet, i dunno.

But I’m proud to be able to say that I’ve never committed a crime and have the upmost respect for my parents. Did they need to beat me when i was a child to discipline me? No. THAT is good parenting.

Do people honestly think that by beating a child it’s going to make them want to go to school and get an education? I'm pretty sure these poor kids hate school and hate their elders. Being too scared to make a mistake or voice your opinion is NOT the same as having respect for your elders.

I respect my parents because of how hard they work for me, not because of how hard they beat me. People need to stop being so stuck in their ancient ways and realise violence only breeds more violence!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Death for this man.

Second line: There are 1000's more like him who enjoy the tears and pain of helpless children.

Third line: Pray for more love of children, they are starved for love on this hellish world.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ya know thats whats wrong with kids today! Every once in a while they need a good whack to keep them in line. Im not saying beat your kids but you have to give them something to think about when they have thoughts of doing wrong. As for this teacher, he was wrong. No teacher should be allowed to hit a student however if in a private school and the parents know that small amounts of physical abuse would take place if there child does wrong then I see that as being ok.

many private schools up until the early 90s were whacking there kids with rulers and such. If the youth is not tought early how to behave and the difference between right and wrong then the future for both them and us are in jeopordy.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

Well, it is sad that is your understanding. Victims of abuse never recognize abuse. It took me years to understand the repercussion that punishment like the ones in the video does to your psyche and your spirit and the way effects your overall happiness and well being as an adult. Sure, it might make you more efficient and "good", a person that will never rebel and indoctrinated into the system. But will it make you free and happy? It has taking me years to unravel punishment like the ones you see in the video has done to me personally. Don't underestimate the effects they have an a small innocent child. Its a scar that they will take with them and it will get buried in the psyche until it will resurface in another way. The violence and injustice done to you must come out. Most likely you will be the same way towards your wife and kids. And the cycle of control goes on.
The drama of the gifted child by Alica Miller is a very good book to start with.

All the best

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

My wife is 30 years old, and grew up in Thailand. When she was in high school, so around 1995-1999 children that showed up late to school were lined up in front and hit with a stick. I myself have seen boys getting beat with sticks outside the school house while I was there.

This type of stuff happens in countries that aren't America. Who are you to say what is right and what is wrong? You internet tough guys gonna beat this teacher if you had a chance to? Yeah right, you wouldn't and won't ever do a thing about it. Talk is cheap bubba, its not the ones that talk smack that you worry about. Its the ones that don't say a word and just knock you out. You all are the kind to bark but don't know how to bite.

Save it for your buddies.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I grew up in an era when corporal punishment and even outright physical assault on students was accepted. Hey, our parents fought WW2 and they were in no mood to put up with crap from us.

Having said that, I think those Egyptian children were too young, even for the relatively mild taps the teacher in the video was giving them.

I want to give a shout out to the little girl in pink. I've been there sweetheart. Don't worry. You'll get over it. Kids that age shrug things off. If it happens to you when you are in your early teens it can take decades.

In the teacher's defense, he seems to be an equal opportunity abuser. He clobbers everybody.

Maybe he lacks communications skills if everyone is doing so poorly on their homework.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
That looks good on paper but sometimes you need to mix and match them.
I would say that the Intellectual would be knowing when the last two don't work, then beat the crap out of them.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
wow.... just wow. This animal has been doing that to those children for a while. They knew what was coming. This really ticks me off. I grew up with an a*s like that. They feel small compared to the rest of the adults on the planet. They can dominate little defenceless children. If the camera was snuck into the room -then kudos to whom ever taped this. It was a brave thing to do. If not snuck in then all adults in the room should be shot. This is not funny, it's h*ll for those kids. A real he*l that they cannot excape from and have absolutely no control over.

Is this world worth saving? I mean really. This is not okay. I believe it is okay to spank a child with a hand on the butt only! And only if they do something very wrong. This was just mean and evil domination and control of the children.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join