It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC CONTENT: Teacher Beats Children

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here is how is works in law enforcement.

If an officer is called to a scene, on a domestic violence call when arriving at the scene, then visually sees someone assaulting another individual, you can almost guarantee an arrest for "Domestic Violence", and jail time. Male or female.

I don't see how your argument on corporal punishment relates to the work environment, because if a boss strikes an employee not only will he be arrested, then fired, but most likely have to deal with criminal, and civil charges, that will ruin his entire life. It's called a "Felony" in most states.

Self-control is taught by example, not by violence, ignorance and getting a young person to submit through physical violence.

Monkey see.....Monkey do....

People that are teachers, parents, bosses, administrators had better learn to communicate without violence, because the result can be very costly, on every level.

With violence there are only degrees of loss. IMO.

Originally posted by jimnuggits
As a teacher and a parent, I have very conflicting emotions about this subject.

We do them no favors by allowing them to get away with bad and indulgent behavior. Their boss won't care about their excuses when their work goes undone. Without self control (which is a learned skill, through fair and consistent discipline) our kids will meet with little success, if any.

BUT, on the other hand, corporal punishment is a slippery slope. It sends very mixed messages, and creates a culture of injustice and hypocrisy.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That is because they have such wonderful role models, on all levels.

Mostly the parents aren't home and children are raising themselves, it has nothing to do with corporal punishment, but more to do with the broken family unit, perhaps, because no one knows what their role is anymore, male or female.

Originally posted by Char-Lee
.hard to find a polite caring young person now days.

edit on 28-5-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
So a ruler to the hand is shocking and worth arresting? I remember being paddled!! and oh good lord what if my dad found out I was messing up in school, I'd get the belt. Come on people, I admit what he did was probably illegal(I am not familiar with laws in Egypt) but arent we blowing this a little out of proportion?? I think disciplining kids is a good thing as long as it doesnt cross the line into abuse. I know we have all seen kids that didnt get disciplined and seen how they act. Maybe it's just me but I wasnt shocked nor appalled.

Beating small children doesnt cure idiocy. It doesnt make them any smarter either. Plus, after watching the video, it looks to me like he isnt even marking their work, personally it looked like he was looking for faults.
Though i wonder who performs better in school, those abused for poor work or those who are helped when they hand in poor work, Hmmmmmmm.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ya I definitely think that the ruler to the hand technique for disciplining children is effective. Negative reinforcement works. We have sequestered ourselves away from nature so now we must take over it's job. That of giving punishment when a mistake is made. If you being chased by a wild boar and you choose to run, over climbing a tree your punishment is maiming or death. Ya I think he got too much enjoyment out of it, and it's #ed up that he gave it worse to the girls, but I personally am glad that my father used spanking to discipline me.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

My mother never beat me when I was a child, and I am not rude, violent , or criminal in mentality. Proof positive that there is no reason to suspect that being violent toward a child as a punishment improves thier sense of right and wrong, or deters them from criminal and anti social behaviour.

The only way a kid bought up well, and with care, can become a dangerous violent thug, is if they have a neurophysical dysfunction like some sort of psychopathy or schizophrenic disorders. Without some other factor being in evidence, good parenting, by decent people , creates decent people in every other case.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think children do need strict consequences when they do wrong....HOWEVER....I don't think physical violence should be used. When I was a child, if i did anything "wrong", it meant that when my father got home, it was "the belt", and many times until I had welts on my legs. When I grew up, I always seemed to pick men who turned out to be bullies, and I think it relates directly to this....My father would always say that phrase someone mentioned earlier "This hurts me more than it hurts you"....and I couldn't understand as a child what that meant....in my mind I was thinking "if you love me why are you hurting me". All it did was make me fear my father....and I grew into a very rebellious teenager. So, I'm not so sure that's the correct way to deal with things.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

What it taught this young child was to hate asking for help and learning, it also taught this young child to hate his elders, and resent authority.

You're forgetting something very important. Everyone is different. You can't apply the same methods of discipline be it corp or non-violent and expect the same results every time. Everyone responds differently so you have to fine the right recipe.

This is called Domestic Violence and is illegal in all the USA.

So is everything based on perception. Anything can be considered domestic violence now, give it a few more years and there will be so many human rights (non issues) to convolute the system nothing will ever get resolved.

Foreplay with your wife is now illegal in Canada:

On May 27, the Supreme Court handed down its decision in J.A. In a 6 – 3 decision, the Court ruled that an individual cannot give advance consent to sexual activity while unconscious....

The Supreme Court ruled that “an individual must be conscious throughout the sexual activity in order to provide the requisite consent” and that “the definition of consent…requires the complainant to provide actual active consent throughout every phase of the sexual activity. It is not possible for an unconscious person to satisfy this requirement.”

some femminist source

People on this site are hypocrites to the highest degree, they see police beating videos, or police abusing an adult and cry "PIGS!" "Scums" "Nazi's", but if they see a helpless child get assaulted they will justify the abuse, because they themselves are abusers.

They themselves are abusers? Speak for yourself. IMO because I'm not gasping in shock at the OP's vid coupled with the fact that I got the belt as a kid, I am now an automatic abuser? Would you like to clarify?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I was punished like this many times
when I was in grade school right here
in North Carolina, USA in the
70's.

My school principal had a paddle in his top
desk drawer which I was the receiver
of that many times.

My father used his leather belt on my
hiney many times. Sometimes it hurt
so bad I couldn't sit down for a day or two.

And my mom used a switch from a bush
or used her shoe.

if I did something wrong, I was punished.
end of story.

this is called parenting

spare the rod, spoil the child

I don't see anything wrong with the video.

children need to be taught that there
are repercussions for breaking rules.
If not, half of them will be in prison
by the time they're 21 yrs old.

Now days, all they do as punishment
is send you to your room or either expel
you from school.

How is that punishment???
When being home means
8 more hrs of video games
and TV ???

edit on 5/27/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

so boondock you were beaten by faculty members for bad grades at school? I was paddled at school as well but NEVER for grades. I usually agree with you on most subjects but on this, you are way out of the ballpark on what should require corporal punishment.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

There would be a funeral.
First though, there would be days of moaning and loud solid thuds.
Then, there would be a funeral.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Heck, my mom, who had the heart of a saint, made a mean-looking face on the back of wooden spoon. She named it Mean Max, and I'd get a whack on the back of my hand with Max if I screwed up. It was just one smack, not that hard - the worst was that she would make me get it and bring it to her. The anticipation was much worse than the punishment. But it was effective. She was a Christian, she would get upset if we as much as cussed or used the Lord's name in vain. Are you suggesting she was a child abuser?

Like I said.. so many people these days have no conception of reality. It's so PC, they have to agree and be outraged, just to not be branded an "abuser." For thousands of years, kids have been spanked, beat and much worse. Now in these Dr. Phil days, people act as if your child will become permanently "damaged" if you give their butt a whack, or raise your voice fully. And the result? A lot of spoiled kids with no self control, no restraint... why do you think the U.S has a STAGGERING 1/3rd pregnancy rate by the age of 20? It has the highest teen pregnancy in the industrial world. It's because kids are ignored and NOT punished.

I don't advocate beating kids. I'm just a bit startled by some of your reactions. You want to KILL this guy for hitting the kids on the hands with a ruler? SERIOUSLY?

I think he should be punished and have any teaching credentials removed, because I feel he is doing it out of pleasure, not using it as a tool to motivate kids to do better. But he is not "beating" these kids. He does not deserve to be killed for this. Some of you have no grasp on reality.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
ok i say we get together some of our fine american army troops and go beat the **** out of them i for one am furious at them and they dont need children there with them all of them deserve a stoning to death

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Children need a beating every now and then.

Maybe the kids were failing in class or something, idk, but it didn't look bad at all to me.

You must not have any children of empathy for a young mind. Even if they failed miserably what does this teach them? I swear if I was one of those kids fathers I would right now be getting stoned in some pit for ripping that man a new ass until I was caught.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well at first I started laughing while the guy was smacking hands with a ruler. I've had it done plenty of times in grade school. I had a second grade teacher that would use her very bony knuckles to knock sense into our heads when we misbehaved. Ironically she got her fingers cut off a few years down the road by a paper cutter. Karma?

Once I saw the little girl in pink though I stopped laughing. He was really abusive and even pulled her by the hair. He should lose his job and face a little jail time.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Troofseeker
I'm willing to lay a bet that over 90% of posters who have said on this thread that they see nothing wrong with this behaviour do not have children of their own. That's the only way I can fathom their breathtaking indifference to the suffering of these poor kids.

I don't have children, I never wanted any, and don't like being around them. In fact, I will go as far as to say that humans aren't my favorite species. BUT, this video makes my blood boil. If I had personally witnessed that, I'd be in the bottom of an Egyptian jail right now, or worse.

This sadist didn't take time to really look at the student's work, and don't tell me that all those little children did something wrong. All of them? Really? One after another? The little girls get the most punishment too.

What really makes the hair on the back of my head stand up is that I wonder why this was being recorded in the first place. I wonder if the teacher and the people in the background doing the recording get "pleasure" out of hurting children.... Oh, my mind really doesn't want to go there.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is not much of a big deal in the middle eastern or the south east Asian countries. In fact, when I was young, I used to go to one of those south east Asian countries and there, majority of all the teachers carries bamboo sticks. They'll use that bamboo sticks to beat the living # out of us if we do something that pisses them or didn't do well academically in their class. Trust me, it is worse than it sounds, I remember one time, one of our lady teacher beat one kid with her leather flip flop which nearly blinded the kid. In a similar instance, one student nearly died of choking after our headmaster hit him with full force at the back of his body, this was when I was in grade 4.When I first arrived in the West, I was very surprised by the freedom the students have. I don't know if any of those students would survive if they went to an eastern or Asian countries considering their behavior towards the teachers.

Edit: And yes, in most instances, parents encourage the teachers to beat (Not extreme) their kid if they are not doing well etc.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Ufokrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Adults are here on this earth to protect and nurture children. Any type of violence goes against this grain.

I have never hit my child ever, and he is a well behaved, polite, responsible young person.

I got the belt as a kid too, but today most parents would be in jail for such abuse, especially using something to assault a child, as a belt.

In the Adult world, adults do plenty of things these days that are much worse than when they were a child and got the belt, Doe this warrant a belt or spanking?. Adults most likely will not result in striking another adult to instill fear and control a situation, but adults will do this many times to children, when they are frustrated.

If an adult hit another adult with a belt for discipline, a couple of things are going to happen, one they are going to jail, or two the other adult has the strength and courage to retaliate.

Children don't have the means to hit back or understand, why a fully grown adult just used excessive force by striking them with the force of a full grown adult. Kid's are small most adults don't realize their strength.

I speak from experience, and have been to many domestic violence calls, in the past. When I see a child that is abused, it is most like because the adults were abused and saw violence their entire life, so when does the cycle end?

Originally posted by FlySolo

People on this site are hypocrites to the highest degree, they see police beating videos, or police abusing an adult and cry "PIGS!" "Scums" "Nazi's", but if they see a helpless child get assaulted they will justify the abuse, because they themselves are abusers.

They themselves are abusers? Speak for yourself. IMO because I'm not gasping in shock at the OP's vid coupled with the fact that I got the belt as a kid, I am now an automatic abuser? Would you like to clarify?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I understand the cycle, but the cycle does break. My siblings for example. All have kids and all have been treated equally growing up regarding the strap. Non of them spank and all their kids are great with the exception of one misguided teen whom is still finding herself.

My point is, non of them want to be like dad. As for the definition of abuse, well it is relative with the exception of obvious violence. Which can also be relative I suppose. A quick sharp spank doesn't have to be about pain. In the child's mind, it is the fact that mom or dad is pissed and the child has gone past their boundary. This is a reinforcement of "who's boss".

I am obviously in favor of corp punishment and the right to exercise it or not. The problem is most people spank out of anger and not out of need. This is why the law was made against it in the first place. Abuse will scar, but a spank on the ass with a belt puts you in place.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
That video was disgusting. In my opinion if you haft to beat your kids, then your raising them wrong and your a crappy parent! Iv never once had to lay a hand on any of my kids and there all wonderfully behaved most all the time. All do vary well in school and aren’t mentally scared like so many from earlier generations where that kind of crap was accepted

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
In my country from elementary to secondary school a teacher can beat a student with no problem like he had the right to do it, thus making shcools more like a prison and making kids hate learning . i watched a doc movie about some prisoners , i find it extremly crazy how people who had done crimes are living well in prisons, some of them look like bodybuilders, but when it's comes to students a teacher can beat a student like theif for the first reason bc of some simple mistake, that is just beyond insane .

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Those poor babies! D: This pulls at my heart strings so hard. The worst part is this is happening all over the world even as I type this. I really hope god is real and that judgment day is coming soon, just so people like this can get their deserved justice.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join