It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Pope's ``pedophilia advisor`` gets arrested... for pedophilia

page: 4
26
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
End or at least reduce pedophilia in priesthood... LET THEM GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I know it's crazy to ask an organization based on a fantasy to do something sane in the real world...


the problem with that theory is that they don't want to be with members of the opposite sex that are also in their age range. no, they are looking for children and, more often than not, they want boys.

so, unless you're suggesting the church loosen up and allow for same sex marriages, you're not going to get anywhere with that theory.


sadly, I had me a firsthand experience with the sick, twisted world of pedophiles today. I posted about it on my blog and won't go into it here as it's off topic (nobody was harmed in any way but it was pedo day in central park) but, after the morning I had, and the stories of it happening with frightening frequency, all I can say about this is that there should be no strikes on these cases. if a priest gets busted, the entire church should be held accountable. I don't think you'll ever rid the world of these kinds of people and, sadly, thanks to technological advances, I think more people than ever are into things that 20 years ago you couldn't even dream up in the most horrific of nightmares. What this means is that we will have to work harder and harder to eradicate it.




posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I do hope the church sorts this out. There is a psychological aspect that needs to be developed...what type of man would decide to (try and) go without intercourse for their entire life on purpose...that is usually hiding something.

Often, it is religious men (and women) whom are gay but cannot come to terms with it...so, they join the church, thinking that will solve that. Suprise suprise...it doesn't, but actually only manifests in some very horrible ways.

I think the church needs to remove the celebacy rule for their priests and nuns...then that wont be a viable option for "the gays" to hide from themselves in and they will simply have to address their feelings on a more normal level...jesus never said anyone whom teaches his words should recieve not have a spouse.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull
 


"part of the ritaul of the catholic church is to regularly drink the blood of christ? what the hell are people thinking."

Why remain ignorant? Google Communion Wine and Communion Wafer. Most religions have rituals with specific meanings and reasons of observance. No need for this to remain a mystery.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by BLKMJK
Think about this for a moment. I really think that these sick scum bags are already pedophiles prior to becoming priests. I think they join in the hopes that they can control their detestable thoughts they have towards children and fail in the end. What else could it be? It just does not make sense that Priests turn into these monsters. They brought it with them IMO.

You molest a child, you deserve to be executed.

Yes and no... I agree that such individuals are paedophiles before they become priests. It's a crime of opportunity! Hence the number of teachers and sports coaches who are paedophiles, far more than the number who are priests.
The no is to the idea iof execution.
No one is beyond redemption, and capital punishment is completely evil
V.


Are you so certain that the number is higher in teachers or coaches? I'll agree that they have high numbers, but I actually think that the church covers up many cases..and uses hush money ..to avoid the public scandal.
Also I think it would be wiser to compare ratios instead of numbers,as there are far more coaches,and teachers in this world, then there are priests..so numbers don't really give as adequate a portrayal ,as ratios would.

Priests are supposedly representing a God who clearly says in the bible, that harming children is wrong.
Teachers,and coaches who abuse their power when dealing with children are guilty as well.

Is capital punishment the answer to this problem? Most likely not.

Is capital punishment evil? I would say it depends on the circumstances. Sometimes it is wiser to kill one,and save 1000's. To think that redemption will change some of the hearts of the worst criminals out there..is to live in denial.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   


Often, it is religious men (and women) whom are gay but cannot come to terms with it...so, they join the church, thinking that will solve that. Suprise suprise...it doesn't, but actually only manifests in some very horrible ways.
reply to post by unicomsol
 


Actually many joined the church at a time when it was not acceptable to be gay..and it was in fact a place to hide. They did not join ,thinking it would solve the problem..they joined,because that is where they could secretly fit in.


edit on 27-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
I'm beginning to think people are naturally evil, and the worst hide behind religion because they wish not to admit their true, dirty, thoughts.


Funny you should say that. I actually had the good fortune of knowing the Blessed Pope John Paul II, and had several discussions with him about human faith and the need for the church. One thing he said to me, which I'll never forget is, he said (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Church is for the sinner. The truly faithful find God in the world." He went on to discuss how people's guilt drive them to worship, but those who lead the purest lives, who don't judge others, and are content in the knowing that they are living well, they don't bear any guilt or fear of God, and so find they have no need for houses of religion. "God doesn't command worship, but He does demand penance." I've never been big into religion, and my connection to Karol Józef Wojtyła didn't sway my feelings towards the church one bit, though it did, ironically enough, push me into following a more Earth-based faith system, but "Church is for the sinner." Those words hit me like a ton of bricks, because they were so profound, and at the same time completely true. God is in everything. He has no need for a house here on Earth. Church is for the lost.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
Think about this for a moment. I really think that these sick scum bags are already pedophiles prior to becoming priests. I think they join in the hopes that they can control their detestable thoughts they have towards children and fail in the end. What else could it be? It just does not make sense that Priests turn into these monsters. They brought it with them IMO.

You molest a child, you deserve to be executed.


Bingo! OMG someone with good sense, logic and the power of deduction posts some reality. There will not be much of that seen in this thread.

A portion of the population are paedophiles and child molesters. It is incredibly sad that these people either cannot or choose to not realize the damage they do to their victims. Their behavior is deemed unacceptable by society, understandably so. Still they are out there, always have been, always will be. Until steps are taken to provide these people with a substitute they will continue to victimize living breathing children.

Even worse are prison hardened convicts of this ilk who upon release choose to not just molest but to also kill their victims. It goes from bad to worse.

It's better to face this situation sooner not later. Perhaps I'm way off mark but it seems to me that if some form of substitute were available to child molesters they could satisfy their urges without victimizing a living soul. It doesn't take too much imagination to address this matter. And if someone chooses still to molest, their punishment should be complete and permanent.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire

Originally posted by MysticPearl
I'm beginning to think people are naturally evil, and the worst hide behind religion because they wish not to admit their true, dirty, thoughts.


Funny you should say that. I actually had the good fortune of knowing the Blessed Pope John Paul II, and had several discussions with him about human faith and the need for the church. One thing he said to me, which I'll never forget is, he said (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Church is for the sinner. The truly faithful find God in the world." He went on to discuss how people's guilt drive them to worship, but those who lead the purest lives, who don't judge others, and are content in the knowing that they are living well, they don't bear any guilt or fear of God, and so find they have no need for houses of religion. "God doesn't command worship, but He does demand penance." I've never been big into religion, and my connection to Karol Józef Wojtyła didn't sway my feelings towards the church one bit, though it did, ironically enough, push me into following a more Earth-based faith system, but "Church is for the sinner." Those words hit me like a ton of bricks, because they were so profound, and at the same time completely true. God is in everything. He has no need for a house here on Earth. Church is for the lost.


Makes me suspect as how you had the good fortune of "knowing " him??

And if the late pope actually said that to you....than he is pretty much a hypocrite.

I only wish ..that there were no persons,giving money to that church..Then the good christian pope would have no where to hang his pointy hat..or no closet for this popes red pointy shoes and cowboy hat.
Yes..I guess hes right..would be a far better place for this world, if the supposedly religious had no flock to feed them. ...in all religions.

(oh darn... I forgot they are the vatican is immensely wealthy and makes tons of cash on all sorts of investments,including companies that make condoms) They really don't need the money of their devoted followers anymore....they know exactly what their doing financially.
edit on 27-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries
 


Thanks LargeFries, at least there are two of us who don't live in la la land.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
reply to post by LargeFries
 


Thanks LargeFries, at least there are two of us who don't live in la la land.


Excuse me..but you seem to be implying that everyone but you and LargeFries..are in la la land.??

I wish you would read some of my posts on this thread,and reconsider that statement. That came across as very self serving, and judgemental on what others had to say on this thread,who are basically in agreement with you.




posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I say give all the priests subscriptions to Hustler...maybe the pedos will decrease...lol



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011
 

He was actually for disclosure in regards to the church, and the recent "allowance" of Vatican access that we've seen over the past few years are actually a part of his legacy, not Benedict's. As far as Popes go, he was a real humanitarian, pushing for human rights without pushing the expanse of Catholicism. Benedict, however, I'm pretty sure he's the antichrist (if you believe in that sort of thing). I don't like that guy's politics at all, and his Nazi "ties" are more than a little alarming.
Pretty soon people are going to tire of this new Vatican regime and the truth is going to come out about Christianity.

Who was it that recently made that prediction about the Vatican being overrun by its own flock? Whom ever made that call is probably right, and its sad to say (my opinion of the Church aside), but its their own fault. A lie is hard to tell over and over again, a two thousand year old lie begins to fray through time, no matter how well the story is tended.

edit on 27-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
reply to post by gabby2011
 

He was actually for disclosure in regards to the church, and the recent "allowance" of Vatican access that we've seen over the past few years are actually a part of his legacy, not Benedict's. As far as Popes go, he was a real humanitarian, pushing for human rights without pushing the expanse of Catholicism. Benedict, however, I'm pretty sure he's the antichrist (if you believe in that sort of thing). I don't like that guy's politics at all, and his Nazi "ties" are more than a little alarming.
Pretty soon people are going to tire of this new Vatican regime and the truth is going to come out about Christianity.

Who was it that recently made that prediction about the Vatican being overrun by its own flock? Whom ever made that call is probably right, and its sad to say (my opinion of the Church aside), but its their own fault. A lie is hard to tell over and over again, a two thousand year old lie begins to fray through time, no matter how well the story is tended.

edit on 27-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)


Thankyou for the information,and I apologize for being suspicious....but..I have to admit , it makes me wonder why a young man as yourself would have a chance to have an in depth conversation with a pope?

Care to explain? (please don't think I am referring to anything sexual...just curious as to how you came about that opportunity)
edit on 27-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo
 


Sorry V. Letting them get married,only works if the ones they are married to,are 14 years old or younger. I also believe they are highly AGAINST gay marriage.

Calling it like I see it........



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011
 


No disrespect intended I assure you. If I did offend you over the "la la land" I apologize. Self serving though? That is quite a stretch. I do not know why I am explaining this but I will anyways. The "la la Land" reference is meant for those who actually think that these sick dogs can change. I don't buy it and I really do not care if they did change. Once a child has been molested he carries a life sentence while the pedo walks from prison in a few years.


edit on 5/27/2011 by BLKMJK because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries
 


I agree. You don't suddenly wake up one day in your 40's, as a priest, with thoughts of pedophellia for the first time. Maybe that's why it's easy for these perverts to commit to a life of celebacy, given it appears their attention has been on little boys the entire time.

But these priests had these thoughts when they were younger, and gravitated to the church. They then tell everyone who shares the same thoughts they privately share, homosexual thoughts, that they will burn in hell for all of eternity. I can't think of a more hypocritical, sick, demented, evil culture in the world. It's not only the fact they had these disgusting feelings, then went a made a career out of working in the church, which is in direct conflict with their very thoughts, but then they go out and teach that two happy, responsible, gay men, who've never harmed anyone, will burn in hell.

I'm also surprised there isn't an uproar from catholics all over the world, or here at home in the states. If you're a practicing catholic, why aren't more condemning the actions of their church? Why aren't they ending their affiliation with the church? The uproar comes from people outside of the religion. It's one big, disgusting cult.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis
 


What does "holy" even mean anymore? The most holy people in society appear to be the sickest, most twisted individuals as well.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011
 

I'm not that young. In fact I just had my first reality check a month ago when Bin Laden was "killed". They were showing on the news all of these 20 year old college students cheering on the streets, celebrating this occassion, and the Newscaster mentioned that these adults were only around 10 years old when the towers fell.
That comment was reckless. No one wants their age thrown in front of them like that.


Anyway; I sent you a U2U.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl
 


I agree MysticPearl...I just wish the priests would end their affiliation with the church ..more than I wish for the congregations to do so.

I myself, have quit practicing catholicism , as have others, though there are still many good people who are catholic , that speak out against these crimes..some of which are in the priesthood.

It sort of like the corruption, and deception in the government. many wonder why nothing is done? Many people speak about it,inform others, but unless the people in the positions of power want to make a change..not much change will happen.

Also people tend to think that the people complaining,are always dwelling on the negative.



I know its ridiculous,and things need to change, and no..thinking happy thoughts,and praying for the sinners,won't make it all go away. If that was the case the problem would be gone already.



new topics

top topics



 
26
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join