It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope's ``pedophilia advisor`` gets arrested... for pedophilia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The Catholic Church gets all the attention when one of the Priests gets caught doing this but where is the sensationalization when any other person of any other faith acts the same. It is a crusade against the Catholic Church. I completely understand the outrage but it was brought to your attention by the very same MSM that condones this and spreads it. I cannot comment on wheter homosexuality is wrong or not (I have my belief) but I can say that the MSM has their opinion and puts it right out there for everyone to see. Ok, so you say that is not the same as pedophilia and I say you are correct. But the reason why they don't hint at it (although they do allow pre teen programs that send wrong messages that could put teens in precarious positions) is because they are controlled and run by Jews. Oh, I know here comes the flames!!! Well, who would like to take down the Catholic Church more....eh? Riddle me this. Why doesn't the MSM show innocent little precious Children, with no say in matters of war, being mamed dispicably in the name of national security? Here's a hint $$$$$$$$$!!! Why does the MSM not show starving innocent children dieing with flys and maggots crawling all over their body? Here's a hint $$$$$$$$$$! Why does the MSM not blow the lid off of Child sex rings and kidnapping for prostitution? $$$$$$!! You say they do? Seriously? Why do they not cover it the point that they run it into the ground until something is done about it? I think the answer is obvious once you get to the"roots" of the MSM.
Now I am not going to defend Catholocism, well yes I am because the problem is one which borders are not confined to this faith it is just that conflict between two religions is why the magnifying glass ends up over one.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Zippidee because: faith

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is not only a Catholic problem....

There are more protestant pedophiles in the world than Catholic. Also true pedophilia (Leon Podles/ Clergy Sexual Misconduct: Just a Catholic Problem?) occurs most often within families.

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Is it a myth that the Vatican protects pedophiles?... Priests who rape children aren't monsters?

DUBLIN — A newly revealed 1997 letter from the Vatican warned Ireland's Catholic bishops not to report all suspected child-abuse cases to police — a disclosure that victims groups described as "the smoking gun" needed to show that the Vatican enforced a worldwide culture of cover-up.

The letter, obtained by Irish broadcasters RTE and provided to The Associated Press, documents the Vatican's rejection of a 1996 Irish church initiative to begin helping police identify pedophile priests following Ireland's first wave of publicly disclosed lawsuits.

The letter undermines persistent Vatican claims, particularly when seeking to defend itself in U.S. lawsuits, that the church in Rome never instructed local bishops to withhold evidence or suspicion of crimes from police. It instead emphasizes the church's right to handle all child-abuse allegations, and determine punishments, in house rather than hand that power to civil authorities.

Signed by the late Archbishop Luciano Storero, Pope John Paul II's diplomat to Ireland, the letter instructs Irish bishops that their new policy of making the reporting of suspected crimes mandatory "gives rise to serious reservations of both a moral and canonical nature."

Storero wrote that canon law — which required abuse allegations and punishments to be handled within the church — "must be meticulously followed." He warned that any bishops who tried to impose punishments outside the confines of canon law would face the "highly embarrassing" position of having their actions overturned on appeal in Rome...

Vatican Warned Irish Bishops Not to Report Abuse

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

I respect your opinion regarding capitol punishment but these pedo's continue to hand out life sentences to the children they violate. Any one who has the capacity to harm a child like that does not deserve to live. I would rather have the dog put down than allow it to bite again. Evil IMO is letting them walk after 5 years only to do it again. If life sentences were given to rapists or molesters than I would be happy with that, but sadly that is not the case.

link   
reply to post by kalamatas

I'm inclined to agree.

"And thus I clothe my naked villany With odd old ends stol’n forth of holy writ..."

link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Why do we need reliable sources when discussing Catholicism?

Don't we just need the facts? The news articles? The confessions and admissions..... the Pope covering up Paedophilia...? and untold more stories?

Untold pretty much sums it up as far as I can see.... I'll tell you a story... a few years ago here in New Zealand, a 30-something gay man ended up in prison for fraud. He'd got a whacking great payout from the Catholic church here to compensate fror abuse that was eventually proven not to have happened! (The judge explained that Church policy here is to pay out to any accuser without requiring that they prove their allegations, because they don't want to cause the poor 'victim' any further distress. Made me wonder how many other false accuser there are out there with their "untold stories"? :lo

Originally posted by blupblupThey don't just "pick on" Catholicism, but as most of the stories that come out about Kiddy-Fiddling holy men seem to revolve around the Catholic church, including this latest one, well I think that it's fair that they bear the brunt of it.

South Park stopped being all fart gags and toilet humour a long time ago.

If you were in the slightest bit interested in facts, you'd look a bit further than those that happen to suit your prejudices!
I don't watch South Park for 3 reasons: It's bollocks, it's American and I last saw it when it was all fart jokes etc. Their Right Wing politics make me vomit.
Don't whatever you say kiddy-fiddling! I got abused for saying that, it made some anti-Catholic bigot blow an aenurysm (he said) because I was minimising child abuse. As if.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
It is an issue of intimacy power and secrecy.
Girls are not as attractive as a strong young boy to men who look at nothing but men, and they are all that's available.
I don't think they would be pedophiles as much as they are "any port in a storm" type fellows who would not choose children were sexual partners allowed.
But then I am not 100% certain they are not a child trafficking cult masquerading as a theological institution.

edit on 27-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

I read somewhere the Nuns are just as bad , also they get it on with nuns , so i cant truly agree with the "all thats available" psyche , this is something much more , The only holy book that would endorse this type of Excrement is the Talmud , No other holy book would condone these actions apart from the Talmud , and why do catholics where lil hats on their heads like the Jews ?

BTW , The Talmud is one nasty piece of Holy Book, It Should be BANNED !!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
I'll tell you a story... a few years ago here in New Zealand, a 30-something gay man ended up in prison for fraud. He'd got a whacking great payout from the Catholic church here to compensate fror abuse that was eventually proven not to have happened! (The judge explained that Church policy here is to pay out to any accuser without requiring that they prove their allegations, because they don't want to cause the poor 'victim' any further distress. Made me wonder how many other false accuser there are out there with their "untold stories"?

And that story proves what exactly? It's a pointless story and does nothing to help your argument.

Some people say they've been raped when they haven't, some people kill people and then blame phantom burglars for killing their wife www.yorkshirepost.co.uk...

None of these cases prove that people aren't raped or murdered?

Priests touch little boys.... Catholic priests do.... the Pope and the Vatican cover these crimes up and encourage people not to report it.

These are FACTS... no matter what your sources are.

If you were in the slightest bit interested in facts, you'd look a bit further than those that happen to suit your prejudices!

I get my Facts from proper news sources and hear the stories from the victims themselves, I get my humour and satire where I please.

I don't watch South Park for 3 reasons: It's bollocks, it's American and I last saw it when it was all fart jokes etc. Their Right Wing politics make me vomit.

Right Wing Politics?

You've clearly never watched South Park in your life.

But anyway, this discussion isn't about South Park, I used that to express a point... that it's common knowledge that Catholic Priests touch little boys.... It's so well known in fact, that Satirical shows and comedians often joke about this very thing.

I don't really get what we're discussing any more?

Not every priest is a Paedophile, but a hell of a lot of Paedophiles are priests.... cover up for other priests and also don't report the abuse they should.

ETA:

You also say in your previous post

Originally posted by Vicky32
Yeah, South Park is a really reliable source of information about Catholicism! The writers/producers are Libertarian Jews.
They have had (to use an Americanism) a 'hard-on' against Catholics forever

But how do you know this when you don't watch the show?

You seem to know the intentions and the agenda of the shows creators/writers but yet admit up there you don't watch South Park because It's "American" ??

Do you not watch any American shows then? Do you just imagine to know what happens in every show and what their intentions are without watching the shows?

Is this a skill that can be learned?

:shk:
edit on 27/5/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Well that's your second post where you're bagging out gay men. Woman... you have issues. I do voluntary work in my spare time at a theatre which is frequented by a group of approx 80 gay guys rehearsing and performing free shows for charity organisations. Every one of them is polite and displays consistent respect for everyone regardless of who they are.
They do this because of who they are and not because they cling to a label of expectation like the words 'being Christian' has. I lost count many years ago, how many Christians were complete hypocrites regardless of how many times they attended Church. Being a humanitarian doesn't require a religion or a Christian tag, Its about helping without expecting anything in return and accepting without judgement. From your bigoted attitude it tells me you hide behind your tag. I believe you're forgetting Luke 6:37 and Matthew 7:1. if I recall. The lines most Christians, ever too often, most conveniently forget.
If a gay guy doesn't like you...well if you come across as you do in this thread...I don't blame him. They get more than their share of non acceptance in this world in a week than you'll see in your lifetime. Change your attitude towards others and you'll get a different response in return.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Edit 2 :

"I do not want 16-year-old boys but younger. Fourteen-year-olds are O.K. Look for needy boys who have family issues," he allegedly said. Genoa Archbishop Angelo Bagnasco, who is the head of the Italian Bishops Conference

Truly a sick individual. Shooting him in the head would be too kind.

Yes, truly sick. The age of consent in Vatican City is 12, well at least for sex between men and women.
www.avert.org...
I dont know what the legal age is for men wih children.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The catholic church is a breeding ground for sick individuals, The catholics teach priests that it is wrong to marry or have sexual relations, taking away one of he most natural things in this world and replacing it with harboring under- aged children into things like alter boys. If you replace the desire and drive for a female with the company of small boys, essentially that lets priests know that is ok to "be with" children.

Alister Crowley practiced "black magick", according to Crowley the quickest way to getting the evil magick to work you is through defiling the innocen,t ie...children.

I definitely see this as works of evil. Is the catholic church using these methods that Crowley spoke of to gain social power in the world? If so ...I would say that it has worked out well for them, despite all of the abuse pedophile cases is the catholic church not powerful?
The pope was Hitler youth.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

End or at least reduce pedophilia in priesthood... LET THEM GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I know it's crazy to ask an organization based on a fantasy to do something sane in the real world...

You call that answer to the problem sane !!!!!

Do you realize how many married men out there engage in paedophilia???

Do you realize how many priests would never want to marry a woman, because they are gay?

Your answer to this problem is insane.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity
It's a big pedophile gang. Ive said it before on ATS and i will say it again, Pedophile Mafia. Here's how it works...Once upon a time a pedophile joined the Priesthood and found out he had his pick of children. Poor children from Orphanages etc. He got away with his abuse and told all of his sick friend's. So! they all join and before you know it they are rife within the religion. Now and again they get caught but it get's covered up because decent priest's don't want this getting out and giving them and their religion a bad name. But of course over the years this Mafia have made their way up the ladder to very powerful position's, in fact so powerful that they now run the joint (Vatican). The lunatic's have taken over the Asylum, out of control. Non pedophile priest's are kept in lowly positions, probably fearing for their lives while the fellowship of the pedo's rise to the top. As a scam it's up there with the Fed and the Bank of England. Now it's right next to the Pope, the very Pope that covered up pedophilia not so long ago! Come to think of it how did the Pope rise so high in such an organization? Answers on a postcard......

You pretty much nailed it...scum rises to the top

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV
reply to post by Vicky32

Well that's your second post where you're bagging out gay men. Woman... you have issues. I do voluntary work in my spare time at a theatre which is frequented by a group of approx 80 gay guys rehearsing and performing free shows for charity organisations. Every one of them is polite and displays consistent respect for everyone regardless of who they are.
They do this because of who they are and not because they cling to a label of expectation like the words 'being Christian' has. I lost count many years ago, how many Christians were complete hypocrites regardless of how many times they attended Church. Being a humanitarian doesn't require a religion or a Christian tag, Its about helping without expecting anything in return and accepting without judgement. From your bigoted attitude it tells me you hide behind your tag. I believe you're forgetting Luke 6:37 and Matthew 7:1. if I recall. The lines most Christians, ever too often, most conveniently forget.
If a gay guy doesn't like you...well if you come across as you do in this thread...I don't blame him. They get more than their share of non acceptance in this world in a week than you'll see in your lifetime. Change your attitude towards others and you'll get a different response in return.

I think gays are very much like the rest of humanity,and they certainly are not all polite,and respectful, though I do admit that many are that way. I've seen disrespectful mean,even sadistic gays from both genders.

Humans go through ranges of emotions ,depending what they are reacting to, and all humans fall short as I see it. But to say that homosexuals are in general better people,doesn't add up to what I have observed at times.
Not saying they are worse..just saying that sexual orientation isn't a good measuring stick for judging who is a good humanitarian.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Japan could make the Catholic church little robot boys to do as they please with.

Why doesn't the Catholic church modernize? Oh....because they can keep getting away with what they're doin.

They like little boys because they tap into the Succubus's powers that visit the little boys at night. It gives the Catholic Priests more energy/life. It's a secret cult thing.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

End or at least reduce pedophilia in priesthood... LET THEM GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't change a lot of them, once you go down that road you are not getting off of it until you receive help (hopefully the help comes in a prision). Pedos are a sickness having nothing to do with celibacy. Married man are some of the biggest offenders.

The Catholic church and establishment should be ashamed of themselves, not only because of this scandal and their methods to cover it up at all costs, but also for their history. How Catholics remain Catholics, blows my mind.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If the Roman Catholic Church cared about scandals involving paedophilia, child molestation and untoward affairs with parishioners they would implement standards like I have seen in non-denominational houses of worship.

1. during any activity involving any youth, an open-door policy where parents or concerned parishioners may quietly stop by and glance in at any time. at least two adults would be in charge of supervision at all times.

2. during any counseling involving female parishioners only females (nuns, volunteers, etcetera) would be involved, and there would be two representatives of the Church present at all times. likewise, counseling for male members of the flock would be done only by male representatives, minimal two.

3. in cases where a Priest must counsel or console a female there would also be a female representative of the parish in attendance at all times.

I make no excuses for what has taken place. It proves the flesh is weak, more so for some than others. If the RC Church wishes to build a positive reputation it must address these issues and place those concerned into scenarios that are beyond reproach.

Likewise, it is the responsibility of the parents and guardians of the worlds children to instruct them on what is and what is not acceptable behavior from others, what boundaries are, and what to do if faced with an ugly situation.

The only reason (and it's twisted) I can imagine as to why those in charge of RC Churchs covered up these scandals is financial. It was more important for them to keep the weekly donations coming in from the faithful than it was to zealously prosecute those who molested children. They did not want people knowing the truth and walking away from the parish, taking their wallets with them. Oh yes, I'm thinking hell is going to be well stocked with those who once wore the robe.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
To their defense; this behavior is mentioned as okay in the Old Testament, contrary to how people feel about it.
Which explains the reason I'm not a Christian... or a Jew for that matter. I do find the level of hypocrisy that couples these religions to be mind-boggling though.

One of G.W. Bush's last acts as President was to pass a law that prevents any United State from trying a Vatican Official for pedophilia, leaving the Vatican to clean up the mess, which is usually a public wrist slapping and some relocating.

Originally posted by StaceyWilson
No other holy book would condone these actions apart from the Talmud , and why do catholics wear lil hats on their heads like the Jews ?

Because if you're a true Christian you are a Jew. The celebrating of Christmas, Easter, Sabbath on Sunday, every bit of that is against true Christianity. Christ wasn't trying to create a new religion, he was trying to clean up the already established Jewish faith, getting rid of the power struggles, the greed. The funny thing is; those who set out to follow his teachings ended up being worse than the first lot.
Free will.... ain't it a bitch?

edit on 27-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

yes, I've read the bible through a few times, have you????

I;ll admit the new testament toned it down considerably, but still, it wasn't enough for some of the priests of times gone by to write some really rediculous things about women....
and it wasn't enough to to bring women up to the same level of men, even now.....
yes, the men are to love the wife as himself...but well, some of these men don't love themselves too much, do they, I mean look around you!!
and well, then women, obey that man, and well according to some christians, doesn't matter if the man is godly or a heathen satanist....as christ!!

this was my delima, and why I stopped going to church...what if your husband decides he doesn't want you to be a christian, doesn't want you to go to church or pray, ect??? hmmm....seems as if you are damned if you do, damned if you don't.....
have you read the bible, have you read the Book of Ruth through?? tell me, what was Naomi's instructions to Ruth when they reached the city where one of Naomi's relatives were at?? How did Ruth meet her husband to be???

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think people are naturally evil, and the worst hide behind religion because they wish not to admit their true, dirty, thoughts. Is there any reason to to believe over 50% of catholic preists, or 50% of everyone highly involved in that religion, is either a homosexual child predator, or in complete denial about what their religion represents, and the frame of mind of those in control?

If there was a law firm with the reputation of emplying pedophiles, would you work for them? If there was a healthcare company with high ranking officers regularly accused of molesting 10 year old boys, would you buy insurance from them? If there was a school which has a reputation for covering up sexual abuses of children, would you send your children their? If there was a religion repeatedly accused of pedophellia, sexual abuse of children, and cover ups, would you proudly call yourself a member of that religion and go to church every sunday while ignoring the reality of utter disgrace surrounding your religion?

Religion is one big, sick, cult. My problem isn't only with the catholic church, but with anyone who aligns themselves with it. Any sane person who hasn't been brainwashed wouldn't allow themselves to be affiliated with this religion, unless they share the same sick desires as the leaders.
edit on 27-5-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join