It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of the End of America.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Some of those assets are quite toxic. You know, with all the bailouts in Europe, all the quantitative easing measures by the Fed, the borrowing by various governments around the world, the economies remain limping along if not beginning to show some negative growth, even here in Australia where we just had our biggest GDP drop in 20 years, though admittedly there were natural disasters underlying a lot of this. However, given recovery is anemic at best, and therefore going to be slow and protracted, there is little hope of full recovery in the near future. Anyone who cannot see this is deluding themselves. Add to this, continued deficits, further natural disasters (which have escalated and show no sign of ceasing, though they may slow), continued strain on the banks and slowing economic growth in emerging economies further exasperates the problem, and the current monetary policies are not remedying the underlying systemic issues. Personally I see a financial crisis looming and a protracted global recession. There will be further austerity measures implemented and increasing social unrest in response. I also note a concomitant increase in military operations, or flagged military operations, as economic conditions deteriorate.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi

Originally posted by camaro68ss

reply to post by camaro68ss

Essentially the Fed will use money that it created electronically, NOT PRINTING, to purchase various assets. This is done when the interest rates and inflation are already low and a general expansionary monetary policy cannot be used.

This is very different than just printing money and throwing it out there.

Printing and electronic money creation is the samething. yes there technicalitys but its the same. How can adding zeros to ones account and purchasing goverment bonds not put up a red flag

Its not really the same thing. Its a way to spur the economy. Its not some magic tricks that are being pulled. I do not like us being in the position to have to do it, but it works.
Its not really a red flag. Its not all government bonds, its also corporate and other assets.

So the FEDs creating extra zeros in an account then buying Corporate and goverment bonds will not creat inflation? im so lost on your argument. Ifs its such a good idea they should keep doing it forever right? If your printing money or adding zeros to an acount its all the same INFLATION of money. creating more from nothing

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by camaro68ss

Essentially the Fed will use money that it created electronically, NOT PRINTING, to purchase various assets. This is done when the interest rates and inflation are already low and a general expansionary monetary policy cannot be used.

This is very different than just printing money and throwing it out there.

Printing and electronic money creation is the samething. yes there technicalitys but its the same. How can adding zeros to ones account and purchasing goverment bonds not put up a red flag

Its not really the same thing. Its a way to spur the economy. Its not some magic tricks that are being pulled. I do not like us being in the position to have to do it, but it works.
Its not really a red flag. Its not all government bonds, its also corporate and other assets.

So the FEDs creating extra zeros in an account then buying Corporate and goverment bonds will not creat inflation? im so lost on your argument. Ifs its such a good idea they should keep doing it forever right? If your printing money or adding zeros to an acount its all the same INFLATION of money. creating more from nothing

We have low inflation. As long as it is done properly, like it has been, inflation will be kept to a minimal. We still have very low inflation and interest rates.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

You don't know your history. The Roman Empire was saddled with debt too prior to its collapse.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
reply to post by gorgi

You don't know your history. The Roman Empire was saddled with debt too prior to its collapse.

Th roman empire was invaded by numerous barbarian tribes. That is what knocked them out. Yeah I know history

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Which wouldn't have happened if they were not weakened by debt. You don't know your history.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

It wouldnt have really mattered. Debt or not. The empire was split and the barbarians attacked and they had less of an army to fight them with and there were to many of them.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

It would have since you need money to have a strong fighting force. Something you can't do if you're bankrupt. Empires crumble from within first. Debt was the primary reason for the weakening of most major empires like the Ottoman, Spanish, British, etc.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Again 9/11 is relevant because the hoarders then were proved wrong. its okay to supplies saved for an emergency, but not to hoard 7 years worth of stuff.
edit on 1-6-2011 by gorgi because: (no reason given)

Prepping is simply a form of insurance and as such one would not be proven wrong for taking out a policy just because one thankfully never needed to utilize the insurance. As for the amount of supplies saved, as with any insurance, there is no hard and fast rule for determining how much coverage one should have as it is more a matter of personal preference in terms of risk aversion. Some people who are only comfortable with a minimal exposure to risk would want to take out a larger policy (years of supplies) than someone more comfortable with a higher risk exposure (weeks of supplies).

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by QtheQ

Again 9/11 is relevant because the hoarders then were proved wrong. its okay to supplies saved for an emergency, but not to hoard 7 years worth of stuff.

Prepping is simply a form of insurance and as such one would not be proven wrong for taking out a policy just because one thankfully never needed to utilize the insurance. As for the amount of supplies saved, as with any insurance, there is no hard and fast rule for determining how much coverage one should have as it is more a matter of personal preference in terms of risk aversion. Some people who are only comfortable with a minimal exposure to risk would want to take out a larger policy (years of supplies) than someone more comfortable with a higher risk exposure (weeks of supplies).

Its a waste of money and time. Having enough for an emergency like an earth quake is one thing but preparing fr the apocalypse is crazy. It isnt going to happen. Its good for the economy I suppose. More consumption.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Its a waste of money and time. Having enough for an emergency like an earth quake is one thing but preparing fr the apocalypse is crazy. It isnt going to happen. Its good for the economy I suppose. More consumption.

their were people like you in rome saying the samething. There were people like you saying the titanic is unsinkable. there were people like you who said its imposible for Pearl harbor to be attacked because of its to shallow.

how can running up the usa debt this high with fiat money not be a problem?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Argh that's an easy one. You even have options:

Option One: Continue to increase the debt ceiling ad infinitum and Bernanke keeps adding zeros to zeros and everyone lives happily ever after; or

Option Two: Everyone pulls together to pay down that darn debt. Corporations start paying over and above their share of taxes. Everyone and anyone who doesn't have a job takes anything they can get and works for half the pay and double the taxes. People on disability and pensions throw their checks in the bin and start doing voluntary work and community services. All government employees halve their salaries and double their taxes. The entire working age population throws selfishness and the entitlement mindset to the wind and works diligently and persistently to restore the USA to its long-lost glory!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist

Argh that's an easy one. You even have options:

Option One: Continue to increase the debt ceiling ad infinitum and Bernanke keeps adding zeros to zeros and everyone lives happily ever after; or

Option Two: Everyone pulls together to pay down that darn debt. Corporations start paying over and above their share of taxes. Everyone and anyone who doesn't have a job takes anything they can get and works for half the pay and double the taxes. People on disability and pensions throw their checks in the bin and start doing voluntary work and community services. All government employees halve their salaries and double their taxes. The entire working age population throws selfishness and the entitlement mindset to the wind and works diligently and persistently to restore the USA to its long-lost glory!

We are so deep in the hole i dont even think this would work.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

We have low inflation. As long as it is done properly, like it has been, inflation will be kept to a minimal. We still have very low inflation and interest rates.

Yep, by hording the money they are keeping inflation in check.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

their were people like you in rome saying the samething. There were people like you saying the titanic is unsinkable. there were people like you who said its imposible for Pearl harbor to be attacked because of its to shallow.

People like me ? I am a realist. I live in reality. Stuff happens. The apocalypse I suppose is possible, but the odds are the same as obama being a robot form mars. (I am sure that there is topic in that here somewhere.)

Throughout history people keep saying that the end is near, but they are always wrong.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
About WW3 ... WW2 helped get us out of our economic slump in the 30s but I thought that was by and large due to the amount of industry created for the war effort. Our national debt climbed very high in relation to GDP but it was paid down after the war and the economy was humming along.

The Vietnam war didn't have such an effect did it? Weren't the 70s bad economically for the US? What about the Gulf war or the Iraq invasion? Didn't they just contribute to our debt?

I think the real problem the US has is that manufacturing has been gutted. Unless a war was going to begin new manufacturing here I don't think a war would help the economy. Didn't the roman empire stretch itself too thin expanding its empire militarily beyond what it could afford?

This doesn't mean I don't think WW3 is not coming ... I just don't think the purpose of a WW3 is to restore the US economy.
edit on 6-6-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
About our low inflation ... Inflation numbers produced by the Fed or government accounting really hold no water in my book. They like to pick and choose what counts and what doesn't to generally make the numbers look favorable.

IMO ... the purpose of the Federal Reserve was to loot and bankrupt this nation. QE1, 2, and 3 serve only to further that goal. The Federal Reserve doesn't care about a strong US economy they care about destroying the US economy from the inside out. Once the US middle class is reduced to begging for any solution that is offered nothing will stand in the way of their beloved NWO.

I too believe a full economic collapse of the global economy is coming very soon ... I give it less than a year from now ... probably this fall.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
About our low inflation ... Inflation numbers produced by the Fed or government accounting really hold no water in my book. They like to pick and choose what counts and what doesn't to generally make the numbers look favorable.

IMO ... the purpose of the Federal Reserve was to loot and bankrupt this nation. QE1, 2, and 3 serve only to further that goal. The Federal Reserve doesn't care about a strong US economy they care about destroying the US economy from the inside out. Once the US middle class is reduced to begging for any solution that is offered nothing will stand in the way of their beloved NWO.

I too believe a full economic collapse of the global economy is coming very soon ... I give it less than a year from now ... probably this fall.

Another person with no understanding of economics.

The fed was not made to loot and destroy the USA. The Fed was created to help stabilize the economy after the previous decades of constant recession and very quick boom and bust cycle. QE was a very successful measure to help the economy. Ben Bernake is not the devil. The US economy is recovering. The supposed NWO has nothing to do with this.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The fed was not made to loot and destroy the USA. The Fed was created to help stabilize the economy after the previous decades of constant recession and very quick boom and bust cycle. QE was a very successful measure to help the economy. Ben Bernake is not the devil. The US economy is recovering. The supposed NWO has nothing to do with this.

The FED was made and lobbyed for by a bunch of bankers! the fed was not made to create and help stablilze the economy. Thats what they tell sheeple and they belive. If they were made to stableize the economy why have we had so many recessions and depressions since its creation?

Printing money, or adding zeros to an account, is not stablity, its a last resort option. Please give me a country that you know of that has tryed this and not fail? The US economy is not recovering and the stock market is based off inflated USD. How can you have a recovery when there is so many people out of work? How can you be so blind?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The FED was made and lobbyed for by a bunch of bankers! the fed was not made to create and help stablilze the economy. Thats what they tell sheeple and they belive. If they were made to stableize the economy why have we had so many recessions and depressions since its creation?

Printing money, or adding zeros to an account, is not stablity, its a last resort option. Please give me a country that you know of that has tryed this and not fail? The US economy is not recovering and the stock market is based off inflated USD. How can you have a recovery when there is so many people out of work? How can you be so blind?

Thats why it was made. If you think now is bad look at what was happening before. the recessions have been smaller and not as bad as they were before the fed. Do not bring up the great depression. That was caused by different reasons and if there was no gold standard it would have been over sooner.

The us economy is recovering. It was worse and is not not as bad. Hence a recovery its only going to get better. The way you talk makes me think that you hoard supplies and bought tons of gold and silver preparing for the end of the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join