It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Story of the End of America.

page: 3
17
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome
 


Question.

What about everyone else with guns and fishing gear, who are going after the same prey as you? Deer only breed so fast, and I promise you, you're not the only dude who knows how to hunt and fish in the world.

Are you going to blow some guy's brains out because he's trying to feed his family from wherever you consider to be your private hunting grounds?




posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zestor

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Looking to history, did past depressions cause major civil unrest? No. In fact, often the opposite happened; people organized and helped each other out.


We are not dealing with the people from the great depression. We are dealing with people who don't even know where their food comes from. People who get stuck on escalators.


Sorry, I seem to have missed this post earlier


This is sort of my point - that whole "sense of community" thing has been ripped out by the roots - and in my opinion, it's been done intentionally and with the full-throated support of many red-blooded, red-voting Americans. After all, you can't have "communism" without "community!"



However, unlike many (dare I say most) ATS posters, I'm not a pessimist. Community is not really difficult to re-establish. It just takes someone taking a step outside of their invisible fences and engaging their neighbors. when the chips are down, people really do tend to come together to help each other out. It's not always the BEST effort, but hey, something's better than nothing.
edit on 27/5/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
war brings in money right?

ww3 anyone?



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by wantsome
 


Question.

What about everyone else with guns and fishing gear, who are going after the same prey as you? Deer only breed so fast, and I promise you, you're not the only dude who knows how to hunt and fish in the world.

Are you going to blow some guy's brains out because he's trying to feed his family from wherever you consider to be your private hunting grounds?
I live in Michigan I'm surrounded by water. The coastline of the great lakes is more then the east and west coast of American combined. Not only that there are hundreds of inland lakes and rivers. I'll shoot squirls if I have to we have plenty of them running around. Lots of birds also ducks phesant and geese. Theres plenty of land and water to share.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by wantsome
 


Question.

What about everyone else with guns and fishing gear, who are going after the same prey as you? Deer only breed so fast, and I promise you, you're not the only dude who knows how to hunt and fish in the world.

Are you going to blow some guy's brains out because he's trying to feed his family from wherever you consider to be your private hunting grounds?


its what native americans did to each other once they hunted on each others grounds. its going to be the same thing



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox
 


You do not just have to be red-voting to want the same things. The blue-voting folks love this country as much as anyone else. Truth be told. The real red skinned people were murdered to take over this country. Just so we are clear.
edit on 27-5-2011 by KoolerKing because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashtonkusher
war brings in money right?

ww3 anyone?


Forget money. That can be printed out of thin air. War brings more fantastic things such as new technology and especially medical research unhindered by ethical standards. WW3 WILL happen. Count on it.



posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
If anyone has the knowledge of how I can manufacture insulin at home - sheep or bovine - please hook me up with it. Thanks.


Nevermind.




So apparently it CAN be done, even thought it would obviously be an absolute last resort. Now all I have to do if find out how it's done. By way of clarification, I do have experience in a microbiology lab so I'm very familiar with laboratory procedures. I'm sure I could do it, I just need to know how.

Any chemists in the room?

ETA: I found this procedure but I don't know if the guy knows what he's taking about.
edit on 5/29/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If the SHTF badly and the power grid goes down, whats to stop all the Nuclear facilities going into melt down all at once? This has been on my mind lately. All the cattle, fish, water and crop will be inedible. If the grid was to fail we would all be screwed. Guns or not.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
If the SHTF badly and the power grid goes down, whats to stop all the Nuclear facilities going into melt down all at once? This has been on my mind lately. All the cattle, fish, water and crop will be inedible. If the grid was to fail we would all be screwed. Guns or not.


Yes its a problem. im lucky because i live in northern california and we dont have any nuke plants nor am i down wind from one, not counting japan. but if SHTF then its a problem!



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


More fear mongering.

So what if our debt is almost equal to GDP. The world isnt going to end. the dark ages are not returning. Your only source on the fall of humanity if is the fact the US has debt.

Long lines at banks ? Why? if we get our money out, what you be the point. The government just collapsed. it is worthless.If it doesnt, there is the FDIC.

Telling people to hoard supplies is another sign of fear mongering. Thats what people did after 9/11. The US is still here.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


More fear mongering.

So what if our debt is almost equal to GDP. The world isnt going to end. the dark ages are not returning. Your only source on the fall of humanity if is the fact the US has debt.

Long lines at banks ? Why? if we get our money out, what you be the point. The government just collapsed. it is worthless.If it doesnt, there is the FDIC.

Telling people to hoard supplies is another sign of fear mongering. Thats what people did after 9/11. The US is still here.



hahah FDIC was close to going broke in 2008. Once FDIC goes broke the FED's would have to print more money to cover its Insurance.

you must not understand the actions of the FED's printing and funding the US goverments debts. THEY ARE PRINTING MONEY TO FUND OPERATIONS!!!!!!! how can you say this will end well???

9/11 is completely off topic and has nothen to do with this. We are in a death spiral and its only a matter of time. Once the USD is dead its the dark ages unless they start backing it with gold or silver like they did in the past.

your money is Cotton and its being printed in mass.

What other out come do you see?



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by gorgi
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


More fear mongering.

So what if our debt is almost equal to GDP. The world isnt going to end. the dark ages are not returning. Your only source on the fall of humanity if is the fact the US has debt.

Long lines at banks ? Why? if we get our money out, what you be the point. The government just collapsed. it is worthless.If it doesnt, there is the FDIC.

Telling people to hoard supplies is another sign of fear mongering. Thats what people did after 9/11. The US is still here.



hahah FDIC was close to going broke in 2008. Once FDIC goes broke the FED's would have to print more money to cover its Insurance.

you must not understand the actions of the FED's printing and funding the US goverments debts. THEY ARE PRINTING MONEY TO FUND OPERATIONS!!!!!!! how can you say this will end well???

9/11 is completely off topic and has nothen to do with this. We are in a death spiral and its only a matter of time. Once the USD is dead its the dark ages unless they start backing it with gold or silver like they did in the past.

your money is Cotton and its being printed in mass.

What other out come do you see?


The FDIC has plenty of money and the Feds are not printing money. I know your referring to QE, but thats not what it is doing.

9/11 is not off topic. I am drawing comparisons. After 9/11 everyone panicked and hoarded everything they could. Seems like a waste now, doent it?



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So OP is predicting Anarchy in the US by next year?



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by gorgi
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


More fear mongering.

So what if our debt is almost equal to GDP. The world isnt going to end. the dark ages are not returning. Your only source on the fall of humanity if is the fact the US has debt.

Long lines at banks ? Why? if we get our money out, what you be the point. The government just collapsed. it is worthless.If it doesnt, there is the FDIC.

Telling people to hoard supplies is another sign of fear mongering. Thats what people did after 9/11. The US is still here.



hahah FDIC was close to going broke in 2008. Once FDIC goes broke the FED's would have to print more money to cover its Insurance.

you must not understand the actions of the FED's printing and funding the US goverments debts. THEY ARE PRINTING MONEY TO FUND OPERATIONS!!!!!!! how can you say this will end well???

9/11 is completely off topic and has nothen to do with this. We are in a death spiral and its only a matter of time. Once the USD is dead its the dark ages unless they start backing it with gold or silver like they did in the past.

your money is Cotton and its being printed in mass.

What other out come do you see?


The FDIC has plenty of money and the Feds are not printing money. I know your referring to QE, but thats not what it is doing.

9/11 is not off topic. I am drawing comparisons. After 9/11 everyone panicked and hoarded everything they could. Seems like a waste now, doent it?


hahaha, then you tell me what you think QE is. This is going to be good. And no 9/11 has nothening to do with this. hoarding and buy good now will only make life easer for you later. Been to the supermarket lately, i bet not. prices are climing and packaging is getting smaller. Thats called inflation. It starts off slow and gets faster and faster and faster.

Please tell me what QE is because i must total miss understand everything and i will like to know the truth



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


QE is expanding the money supply. The Fed will buy back bonds newly made bonds or corporate bonds ect... in order to expand the money. Expanding the money supply is a general tool to ease a rough economy. Lowering the interest rate and yield curves makes it easier to borrow.

A possible side effect is high inflation. However since the QE in the USA has worked and we have a low level of inflation, it has worked well.

Yes QE is good and it has worked.

If I am not clear let me know.

Again 9/11 is relevant because the hoarders then were proved wrong. its okay to supplies saved for an emergency, but not to hoard 7 years worth of stuff.
edit on 1-6-2011 by gorgi because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


QE is expanding the money supply. The Fed will buy back bonds newly made bonds or corporate bonds ect... in order to expand the money. Expanding the money supply is a general tool to ease a rough economy. Lowering the interest rate and yield curves makes it easier to borrow.

A possible side effect is high inflation. However since the QE in the USA has worked and we have a low level of inflation, it has worked well.

Yes QE is good and it has worked.

If I am not clear let me know.

Again 9/11 is relevant because the hoarders then were proved wrong. its okay to supplies saved for an emergency, but not to hoard 7 years worth of stuff.
edit on 1-6-2011 by gorgi because: (no reason given)


So where does the FED get there money to buy bonds?



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


Essentially the Fed will use money that it created electronically, NOT PRINTING, to purchase various assets. This is done when the interest rates and inflation are already low and a general expansionary monetary policy cannot be used.

This is very different than just printing money and throwing it out there.



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


Essentially the Fed will use money that it created electronically, NOT PRINTING, to purchase various assets. This is done when the interest rates and inflation are already low and a general expansionary monetary policy cannot be used.

This is very different than just printing money and throwing it out there.


Printing and electronic money creation is the samething. yes there technicalitys but its the same. How can adding zeros to ones account and purchasing goverment bonds not put up a red flag



posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by gorgi
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


Essentially the Fed will use money that it created electronically, NOT PRINTING, to purchase various assets. This is done when the interest rates and inflation are already low and a general expansionary monetary policy cannot be used.

This is very different than just printing money and throwing it out there.


Printing and electronic money creation is the samething. yes there technicalitys but its the same. How can adding zeros to ones account and purchasing goverment bonds not put up a red flag


Its not really the same thing. Its a way to spur the economy. Its not some magic tricks that are being pulled. I do not like us being in the position to have to do it, but it works.
Its not really a red flag. Its not all government bonds, its also corporate and other assets.



new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join