It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Animal Lovers! Pictures/Stories/Advice Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

But...But...I'm still scared!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Don't worry friend this will pass.

Don't be scared

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wanting to say... thanks for the thread, love it!

Hope to share of my pets soon, enjoying seeing everyone else's

Also, can't guarantee when I can reply, but if anyone needs advice. As I'm a Vet Tech(Though I always suggest a Vet irl first for emergencies),can offer help with general answers to questions about at home procedures(depending on state with vacc.); such as nail trims, vaccinations, worming, grooming, diet, behavior etc. Besides small animals and some farm animals, horses and goats(not only clinic experience but at home), I specialize in exotics, esp. rabbits and cavies, as well as know quite a bit about farm birds-ducks, geese, peasants and chickens.
Hope to help
U2U or thread asked answers are fine to offer the best advice all around and from everyone participating.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by benintheuk
This is my labrador border collie cross sally 1st as a puppy and then at 1 year

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d45c13a8702f.jpg[/atsimg]

Not to discount anyone else's pets or anything, including my own, but this has the be the absolute best picture ever!!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

HA! Our dogs are spoiled!

Your German Shepherd is also cute. Is he/she a long coat? Our first GS was a long coat and looked like a teddy bear

edit on 26/55/11 by Elentarri because: happy typing finger

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Don't be scared.. I've cured many a person of Arachnophobia with that little (well ok not so little) spider right there...

She is quite docile and takes well to being handled...

I even take her to schools and let the kids hold her... She's 22 years old this year (and still young) and has never even come close to attempting to bite anyone (although on one or two occasions they deserved it
)..

Now some of my other spiders...... well lets just say they aren't so friendly..(Sorry I'm saving those pics for the educational spider thread I'm working on)..
edit on 26-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Elentarri

Yeah,He's a long coat all right...takes some brushing I can tell you,but he's worth it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

More dog photos ;D

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Just fantastic...That is GSD heaven right there!
Never met a Shepherd who shirks at the site of the hose pipe.

Do yours also love the whole "head out of the car window" thing?Mine does,and I have found that for him approx 48mph makes him do the floppy jowl slap dance.

He loves it.Hehe.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

They love the head out the car and slobbering all over the windows thing, but we don't allow them to do it too often - we have too many people standing at stop streets and traffic lights and the dogs do go a bit ballistic and may bite.

The puppy in the photo is crazy about water and the hose-pipe. She sits under the rolled up pipe and whines and then tries to pull it off the wall if no one wants to play. Had to hide the hose pipe.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Denco

That's funny.....I am about to post a video of my pet rooster, Bach, who acts like a cat sometimes. I have been trying to catch him sleeping with the outside cats but haven't got it on video yet. He purrs and eats side by side with the cats out of the same dish. He also obeys some commands....like if I tell him to show me his wings, he will spread them out and flap them for me....I do have that on the video I am about to post. Isn't it funny how animals adapt? He (the rooster) was abandoned (along with 8 hens)....we found homes for all the hens....but no one wanted him. So I kept him. I have some cats that I adopted (wild)....so the rooster, being lonely without his hens....just latched on to the cats. Before long, they became great friends....eat together, sleep together etc.....it's crazy! When it's hot in the afternoon, all the cats lounge under the big shade tree in the yard....and now Bach does too. Chickens sleep upright...but he began lying on his side like the cats...all stretched out!
The first time I saw him like that, I thought he was dead, but when I said his name. raised his head up and just gave me this funny look!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Moe is adorable...those eyes are too much!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by goos3

He looks like he's having a good dream!
He is beautiful....cool name too!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

Ooooh he's awesome....yeah, I had a hard time feeding my snakes because the mice were so cute
....I had to just drop them in and look the other way
But then I realized that the snake has to eat, and that's how nature intended for him to eat....live prey. So I eventually go tused to it, but I still was at odds with my feelings for the poor mouse.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

What a cutie! Labs are a handful aren't they? If you have one, you better have energy to keep up with them

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

GORGEOUS dogs! I have always wanted an Ebony shepard....oh man....they are just so beautiful. I had a solid white german shepard....he grew to be 113 lbs! His name was Bear because he looked just like a big old polar bear! Thank you so much for sharing those great pics!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hi Gracie! I'm so glad you put up the picture of our Lil Lucy! I swear I will never forget her. Just the mention of her gives me the "warm fuzzies"

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh man Gracie....you are like me with all the "critters" haha!!! I didn't know you had an iguana...I LOVE them! I really love the sun worshipping kitty....so sweet. Yes, that is my favorite picture of the beautiful Lucie.....just that face and the expression...she is AWESOME!!!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

WOW....she was exquisite....that looks like a a "glamour shot"....love it! (((hugs for your loss))))

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Thank you! I am really loving it too....so many great pets!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join