It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Animal Lovers! Pictures/Stories/Advice Thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

That was so good of you to help them! Just check up on them and they should be ok....if the mother rejects them, you can feed them soft (canned) cat food. I did this for some baby blue jays I found....before long, they started trying to fly. I kept them in my screened in porch, so they could practice flying without danger. As soon as I saw they could do it, and seemed to want to get out, I took them outside of the porch, and they flew up into a tree. I worried about them, But I think they did fine, because now I have 2 grown blue jays who come to my window and just look at me almost every day!....and I am pretty sure it's them, because they don't fear me.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Love this thread and I thank each and everyone for your love of animals,
both tame and wild.

Okay my dog has an ear problem.
When a thunderstorm is approaching he starts flapping his long
ears around and digs at them. This happens at the same time
I am having a barometric headache and sometimes my right
ear feels funny. I know it is uncomfortable for him, he can go
on like this for hours until the storms have well passed. I was
wondering if anyone else has this problem with their pet and
what can be done for it. The vet just said his ears look fine and
he put some drops in them but didn't prescribe anything. He
is a Basset Hound (pretty much all ears) so I know the breed
is said to have sensitive ears. Any ideas would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Daisy,I think it's the change in barometric pressure, like you said. It may make his ears "pop"....like what happens to people on planes....so he shakes his head....

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thanks Kat, that is pretty much what I thought as that is
the way mine feel as well. Moe appreciates it too!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

It's just a guess, but that's probably it, if you've ruled out ear mites or an infection.Dogs with long ears have so many problems (as I'm sure you know) My cocker spaniel is always having ear problems, and I take special care to make sure they stay dry and clean....When she eats I have a little bonnet (called a snood) that I tuck her ears in....otherwise they fall into her food when she eats!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Will have to check and see if I can find a
snood for Moe - must be in large size, lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
picking up a Coastal Carpet Python this weekend. will post pics when I get him home.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

How big of an enclosure will that thing need?
Will he be eating adorable little bunny rabbits?
I know, I know, they have to eat too.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Hes only about 2 feet long now. And I have a 30 gallon terrarium ready. But eventually, he will be between 7-11 feet and I will need to build a much much bigger habitat for him. I have a few huge sheets of plexiglass laying around, so Im gonna try to build a super cool large enclosure . But it will take quite a while for him to get that big. I guess I will feed it large rats or maybe bunnies. If I can stick with rats, I would prefer that. I can buy them frozen in bulk for super cheap.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Eeeeeeeew!
As much as I like snakes I just couldn't feed them live food! I had an adorable tree frog once and it was bad enough I had to feed it crickets. I have crested geckos and luckily a vet made this powdered food you mix with water that has all the nutrients they need, so I don't have to feed them crickets. They get babyfood fruit too. Looking forward to seeing pics of your new snake!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I dont like feeding them live prey either. My corn snake eats prekilled frozen thawed rodents, but my Ball Python will only eat live. The Carpet python has been eating frozen thawed, so hopefully I can keep him on that. You can buy almost any type of prey prekilled and frozen for relatively cheap.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone

I dont like feeding them live prey either. My corn snake eats prekilled frozen thawed rodents, but my Ball Python will only eat live. The Carpet python has been eating frozen thawed, so hopefully I can keep him on that. You can buy almost any type of prey prekilled and frozen for relatively cheap.

Eeeeew! Still!
No thanks! I'll just enjoy seeing pics of your snakes, but I don't want one. I have my persian kitty, a turtle and some crested geckos. That's enough for now.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I can't wait to see the pics.....they are so beautiful! It's hard to feed live prey, but I bet if you ask the snake, he would say "yessssssss..... live pleassssssssssssssssse" (that's snake talk)
I think they enjoy the stalk as much as the meal, but yeah, it would be hard to feed it bunnies. Luckily, mine only ate rats, and by the time he got really big I had found him a good home, so I never got to the bunny stage.
edit on 6/11/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

It should be interesting. The other two snakes are technically my daughter's, but she lives with her mother through the week, so I take care of them most of the time. So this one is gonna be mine. The snakes we have now are incredibly tame, but the carpet python is super, super aggressive. When I first saw it at the store, the guy tried to get it out and it bit him three times. lol. But I want the challenge of the snake with an attitude. So it will be interesting, Im probably gonna pick him up tomorrow afternoon, and I'll probably have some bite mark pics to post as well. lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

A snake with an attitude. Perhaps if you try to handle him a bit every day he will get used to you. It will be interesting to hear about your challenges and how you deal with them.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well... this weekend didnt go quite as planned... I didnt get the snake, but my daughter talked me into another pet. I will post pics when my camera battery is charged up.

ARRRRRRRG!!!! sorry for the tease, I just realized I forgot my usb cable. Will post pics tommorrow.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hmmm, wonder if it is a reptile,something furry, an amphibian perhaps? Those batteries charged yet or what?

I can't stand the suspense!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I just HAD to share this video....as you all must know by now, I am obssessed by cats (especially the big cats). In my opinion they are God's most perfect creation. They possess such beauty, grace, and mystery....just magnificent creatures! Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

OMG!
I certainly hope there are no bite marks
....but I can't wait to see some pics of the snake!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join