It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Animal Lovers! Pictures/Stories/Advice Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Yikes! I am terrified of spiders
But this is a pet thread, and that's your baby! So I'll say "awwwwwwww" and "shudder"
I know many people think they are beautiful and I hear they are great pets....I just have a terrible fear of anything with more than 4 legs
Thank you for sharing....and feel free to post more!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Excellent! I'm sure we will have lots of questions for you
Thank you so much for the offer. BTW....You and I have something in common. We had the same "girl with a gun" avatar
When I saw you had it I made myself another one, since I think you had it first....great minds think alike
*winx*

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well...I haven't been able to catch Bach (my pet rooster) snuggling with the cats yet, but I did get this video to show how he does things "on cue"
He listens just like a dog. If I ask him to fluff his wings, he will do it. He's pretty smart for a birdbrain
He does it toward the end. I have NO idea what the weird noise in the background is.....

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Kat - the video is priceless! He's a beauty. I'm going to take some pics of my rooster 'Chico' so you can see him too!

Chickens are so amazing, they're smart, quick witted and affectionate and are great for 'gaurd' animals. My Chico? He's my alarm system. ANYTHING goes wrong or is out of place and he sets up a ruckus!

And that bob-tailed-cat - what a rush!

THANK YOU for the video!

HUGS

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I never knew chickens were like that until now.....but he acts like any other pet. I'm hoping I can get a pic of the male bobcat that lives in the woods. He has to be the father of some of the kittens. That all started a few years after I moved in. Someone dumped a couple of cats here, and so I would put out food for them. Both were female and both had tails. Eventually I discovered there were some wild cats and other animals coming out of the woods to eat the food I put out for the cats. One day, I found some kittens....and all had bobtails...now, every spring, new kittens appear from the woods, some have tails and some don't. Most of them will tolerate me, but they run when you approach them. The little orange one in the video is a kitten....she won't let you too close. I laugh because she's so tall and lanky....she has really long legs and kind of scrawny
Next time the bobcat "baby daddy" comes around, I'll try to get him on video

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Aww make my morning Kat. Bach is so handsome and smart. I had chickens at one time and they too were friends with the cats. Wonderful vid!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Thanks!.....glad I could make you smile. He's a show off for sure! I don't know what that weird "whomping" sound is....maybe alien signals??

edit on 5/28/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Oh I have some cats and the cutest little leopard geckos you ever did see. I have tons of pictures/videos of them being cute but I can't post them until later when I have enough time. Great thread.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Avyuir

Good...Looking forward to seeing them!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Just stopping by to tell you another quick dog tale

We had a cracking Border collie years back,called Badger.
He was great,but when he was a year or two old I did my back in good style,and couldn't go on proper walks with him for 6 months or so.
Being a collie,with a helluva work ethic,he got bored and had to invent jobs for himself as I couldn't walk him as much as he needed.So he took to sitting in the middle of any room,under the light...waiting for flies to buzz round the light as they do in the summer.
He developed a fantastic jump,a bit like a high jumper at the Olympics,his body would spin 360degrees in the air,at quite some height,then SNAP,he would attempt to bite the offending fly.He actually caught them sometimes and would spit them out at my feet,then move to another room to find more.
It turned into quite an obsession,and even when my back got better enough to walk more,he always loved his fly catching duties in the summers.
He made many a visitor laugh with that trick.
I still miss you Badger,old friend.

edit on 4/6/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Love the Rooster video!

Here's a video (slideshow) I made this winter of my dogs:

Snow FUN!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Snow Fun - dogs love the snow and they
look so adorable playing and with the
snow on their faces. Great vid!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

What a great story! My cat will try to catch those long legged mosquitos....the big ones.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Awesome! What was that thing in his mouth in the second pic? It looked like a fish!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Awesome! What was that thing in his mouth in the second pic? It looked like a fish!

LOL! That's one of his Frisbees. It's thick foam to minimize damage to his teeth.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Oh God...I really DO need glasses!!!
It looked like a fish! I was like "where is that fish coming from??", then I thought maybe it was an "ice fishing hole" ....I think I'm losing it

edit on 6/4/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcb829e82f25.jpg[/atsimg]

This one was taken of Simba Jr when he was a kitten. We use to
play a game of hide and seek with him upstairs looking down.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Awwwww what a great shot of Simba Jr.!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

He is soooo handsome.....very expressive eyes!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves
But the advice I would like to share is it is just an old wive's tale that a mother bird will abandon her baby if it is touched by human hands. That is not the case. If you find a baby bird out of the nest at too young of an age to be on it's own, if you can, place it back in the nest. That gives the baby it's best chance for survival. Otherwise, locate a bird rescue in your area, if there is one, and take the baby to them. It is good to have numbers of animal rescues on hand in case you need one.

I'm so grateful for this forum sometimes. We found two baby birds out of the their nest in the backyard this weekend (Saturday). I quickly remembered your advice from this and didn't hesitate to put them back in the nest. When I checked yesterday, all three (one never got out) were in the nest making a lot of noise while mom must have been out getting supplies or food. So, I think everything will be okay. I'll check on them a couple more times this week.

Do you have any further advice? Is there anything else I should do?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join