It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Animal Lovers! Pictures/Stories/Advice Thread

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

They are both half lab..So they do have those characteristics.
But Leo's other half is a big breed.
Abby's other half is a Pointer......SO she's a retriever/pointer....Those two instincts seem to confuse her sometimes.
LOL.....point? or go get it and bring it back?
She mostly points......Like a statue.....sweet dog..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thought I would revive this thread with 2 HDR 9high dynamic range) images of my dogs that I did yesterday.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

Oh they are soooo cute! They both have such lovable faces! Thanks for the bump! What are their names?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I like birds

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Good one!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Bobby is the tan coloured one and and sally is the black one.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Thank You for indulging me, anyways here's a pic of one of my dogs Zelda. She was rescued from a wild pack as a puppy. It has been a long road to tame her and she still has a lot of wildness in her but she is a very valued member of the family

reminds me of your bobby, benintheuk

edit on 11/3/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/3/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Oh she's gorgeous! So proud looking! Here is a pic I just took of my 2 boys Teddy (the orange) and Smoochy (the gray)....doing what they do best....lazing around!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I love this thread!
(Thanks for reviving it, benintheuk... and Kat for creating it!)

This is my youngest (2 years) his name is Tommy...

(As a kitten)

Tommy was born with FIV.

Tommy was always very healthy, until last June when he developed a massive infection. He ran a fever of 107. We spent all night at the emergency vet, but they were never able to find the source of the infection. It was because of that infection (many, many tests) that we found out he is FIV positive. Tommy was never once outdoors, and only had contact with my other cat, who is FIV negative, so the vet deduced that he must have been born with it. It took a few days, but we got his fever down and he slowly returned to normal. We fed him water and cat milk through syringes... one of the scariest times of my life. I honestly thought I was going to lose him. But, he pulled through and is now stronger than ever.

Tommy is only on nutritional/supplemental support, for the time being... I decided to only go the medication route when absolutely necessary, if it is ever necessary at all. I have since done a lot of research about FIV and am still learning a lot. He is very healthy right now, but, one day at a time, I guess. He will have regular viral loads, checkups, and so on, and I'm sure there will be some more rocky times in the future, but I will never give up on my little guy... I will do whatever I can for him. He has a regular vet, as well as a holistic vet. He has a very good chance of living a long and (relatively) healthy life. I hope I have many, many years with him... he's such an awesome little guy!

Recovering from the fever... it took his right eye a while to return to mormal.

This is his favourite thing to do... sit on my desk and watch the world go by.

He actually did eat my homework once... that was a thesis outline.

Next is my big-orange-cat, Milo...

And when I say big, I mean gargantuan. He is huge. Not just fat, but very long and tall! Although he could stand to lose a few thousand pounds (I have been trying!), he is healthy and happy and such a sweet guy. He acts more like a dog than a cat... always comes when his name is called. He's 10 now, he will be 11 next spring. He snuggles like no other! I love my big-orange-cat!

He usually smiles for the camera.

Last, but definitely not least, this is my Bucky...

My parents got him for me as a birthday present when I was a kid. We rescued him from a local shelter when he was 9 weeks old. He's an otterhound mix, scruffy as they come (his fur is like a swiffer cloth... everything sticks to it, not to mention, it is also water resistant... yikes!), and has never lost his spunk. He is 13 years young... he will be 14 next May! He is my heart and soul... we've grown up together. I can't imagine my life without him.

He has recently started sniffling a lot, so we are going to the vet soon to get him checked for allergies... I hope and pray it is just allergies. But, other than that, he is in relatively good health... he has become a bit 'lumpy' in his golden years, but the vet has tested him, and all his lumps are benign. I hope we celebrate many more birthdays. I love him more than anything.

Here are some pictures from his 13th birthday...

So, those are my boys... just thought I'd share.

Glad this thread was bumped up... put a huge smile on my face.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JourPolaire

You sound like such a kind person.....and your babies are adorable! Your little kitten reminds me of Smoochy (my gray cat) ....I found him when he was only a few weeks old, and no sign of the mother or litter mates. I bottle fed him. It was touch and go for a while, but he made it and look at him now! He wakes me every morning by sitting on my dresser saying "Ma Ma?" in a questioning tone. Not "meow meow".....but Ma Ma. I started saying it to him as a baby and he started imitating it. Now he knows who Ma Ma is, and he calls out to me with it. He NEVER makes that exact sound, except to wake me or if he is looking for me.
Thanks for the beautiful pics!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

They are both beautiful.....I could look at those faces all day
Such expressive eyes!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have some catching up to do here! So many gorgeous animals!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Some beautiful animals on here I just wish I could have another cat. My cat that I had for 18 years died recently (he lived with my parents) and my mrs isn't a cat person as she puts it.
Anyhoo more of Sally and Bobby

This is Sally roughly ages 14 weeks,

Another HDR image of her,

This is one of my favourites of her,

And finally one of Bobby and his begging eyes

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Your cats are gorgeous! Actually, there was a stunning gray kitten that was part of Tommy's litter, but, unfortunately, he didn't survive
My aunt took Tommy's other litter mate (a beautiful calico), and honestly, if the gray kitten had of survived, I imagine he would be living with me right now! There's just something about those smokey cats!

It's incredible, what you did for Smoochy! You gave him a second chance at life, and I'm sure he's grateful. There are just too many out there who give up on them too easily... I know, from experience, with Tommy's FIV diagnosis... most of the reactions I got were, "You're going to put him down, right?!" Um, no... he's not dying, he's quite healthy right now... he's just going to need a little extra attention throughout his life. I'll fight for him to the very last day, as I'm sure you would too!

That's awesome that he calls you Ma Ma! They're so smart. Don't you love how they let us believe we are in control?

Thanks, again, for the thread... and your kind words!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Awww I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty.....but your dogs are a handful I'm sure. Their personalities really shine through in those pics! I am a cat person....I like their independent style. My mail interest is the big cats...especially black leopards. My dream is to work with them some day. They are magnificent! Check out this video a friend did for me, and you'll see what I mean. Nothing more beautiful on this earth IMO (Click on the youtube logo in the right bottom corner and watch full screen to see it at it's best!)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JourPolaire

I could never give up on an animal that needs help.....like you, I will do whatever it takes for them. They sense that from you too. Smoochy is the most loving pet I have ever had (hence his name :lol
Every pet I have ever had was a "throw away" pet....meaning someone tossed them out like garbage, and I found them. Animals like that seem as if they "know" you gave them a second chance. Your kitty has that "special" look too! I love gray cats as well....most people think Smoochy is a "Russian Blue".....I never knew of that breed, but I looked it up and he does look like one even though he's 100% alley cat.... The latest addition to my family of pets is a beautiful Rhode Island Red rooster who showed up at my door and never left! I built him his own little apartment ( a little house on top of a tall platform I built out of wood, complete with a "sunning deck", and he even has his own child size swimming pool at the bottom of it for summer, which he loves to splash in! His name is Bach (because I love the composer, AND it's the sound he makes...."bak bak bak":lol

edit on 11/4/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

They sure are kat, I'm a cat person myself and have actually had the opportunity to stoke a jaguar which was amazing!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Tell me about it....was it full grown? Have you ever heard of the
"Out of Africa" wildlife park in Arizona? They work with rescued big cats and other wildlife. They put on exhibitions with the big cats to fund the project. I would give anything to have this as my job!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It was 6 months old, the mother had rejected it and it was bottle fed by a friend of mine sadly it went to a zoo in belgium so haven't had the opportunity to see her again

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Amazing, any work with animals would do me

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join