ATS Animal Lovers! Pictures/Stories/Advice Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have created this thread so everyone can share stories and pictures of thier pets.....and also share tips and general advice on caring for your pet. All species welcome!
I have had may pets of different kinds, horses, dogs, cats, a bobcat, 2 pythons, an iguana, and a rooster
So Yeah....I love animals! Please jumpa in and if you have photos, by all means share them with us (even video, which I will post once I take some).....Here are my babies

Mr. Smoochy

Mr.Teddy

Heidi

Bach the Rooster

edit on 5/23/2011 by StealthyKat because: added content

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My daughter wanted a pet snake, So decided I would get her one for Christmas. Since then I have become somewhat obsessed and now we have 2, but we are getting cages ready for a few more.

the ball python

The corn snake

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Nice pics so far,I will post some tomorrow and a story about my lovely little dog who did strange things when the television came on.
At the moment sadly-Late for work got to dash.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Awesome thread and pics!!!! I adore animals! What people should keep in mind when purchasing a pet is to do as much research on their pet as possible. How much room do they need? What is their habitat like in the wild? What foods are best for them? Try to make their habitat as natural and as close to their habitat in the wild as paossible. With certain pets people often don't realize just how much room they actually need. Do your research, you may be surprised.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What a good idea. I like sharing pictures of my lil guy.

This is Diesel:

7 Weeks Old - First time at home

Yesterday playing in the yard - Now just over a year old (Yes, I did cut the grass!
)

This is the late Mugsy (I had to put him down in March due to acute onset of hip dysplasia - boy do we miss him)

And, Finally...here are the two of them in a what used to be a daily sight:

I will add some of my other late pet's photos when I have some free time. It would be nice to have an online place to visit all their photos at any time.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Advice on dogs: It's a lot easier to stop a behavior before it starts than to wait until the dog has a habit and then try to change that behavior... One of our dogs got into the habit of 'screaming' in the morning in his excitement to go out for exercise. Hence, every morning when I put my shoes on, I hear this...

(These are my 4 dogs)

Screaming Video

Pictures of Puppy Jaia

Pics of my dogs

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I've always wondered if that was your German Shepard when we've been arguing over birther issues. Nice pics & video!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

They are beautiful! I love snakes...I had a ball python and a Burmese......I couldn't keep the Burmese, he just got too big. I gave him to the local zoo where he lived a long happy life!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I'll be looking forward to it! I KNOW you have some great stories!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Ive been contemplating a Burmese. My daughter wants a reticluated python. but Im not too comfortable with a 20 plus foot snake in the house. I'm getting ready to get a Brazilian Rainbow Boa

, and maybe a Scaleless rat snake, if I can find one that isnt crazy expensive.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: (no reason given)
edit on 23-5-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Exactly! That's the lesson I learned with my snake in the post above. I hate when people get a pet, but when the realize the effort in caring for them, they take them to the pound. You wouldn't believe how many "pets", not strays are in the animal shelters....purebred dogs too.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Thanks! Wow...they are gorgeous! I bet a handful though huh?
Please do post some more.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I have a pet human.
For security purposes, i will not post any pictures.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I hear ya! That was HILARIOUS! My tomcat Smoochy screams MaaaaaMaaaaaaaaaa every morning if I'm not up by 7am. People don't believe he says Mama but I taught him by repeating it over and over since he was a newborn, so when he meows, it's Maaaa Maaaaaa....I'll try to catch it on video if i can.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

I hear ya! That was HILARIOUS! My tomcat Smoochy screams MaaaaaMaaaaaaaaaa every morning if I'm not up by 7am. People don't believe he says Mama but I taught him by repeating it over and over since he was a newborn, so when he meows, it's Maaaa Maaaaaa....I'll try to catch it on video if i can.

On a more serious note, I have an Orange cat named Diego, and two dogs named Buddy (Shiba Inu) and Harley (Mole rat...or something). My Cat Says No when he is mad.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

Yeah....those 2 get HUGE.....can be 20 feet or more. Once mine got big, he was stronger than me, pure muscle! Plus if they escape, they have been known to eat cats and dogs if you have any.... I would go for the latter 2 types.
edit on 5/23/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

As you can see, I've always been a Boxer lover and I push them on my friends too!

These next few photos are Oliver (white) and Cosmo (fawn). Oliver is living his elder years in California with a very good friend of mine. Cosmo passed on about 3 years ago. She took the boys when I moved to Texas the first time. These photos are actually quite old.

This is Simon - Outdoor cat that I inherited with the home I rented in Texas.

Friends pets, etc

Me and Lexicon the Destroyer!!! (or just Lexi)

Aries

Omara and Me

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by goos3

LOL about your "human pet"....I won't go there hehe.....if you have pics of your other pets though I would love to see them!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

lol. I thinked I talked my daughter out of it when I told her we would have to feed it bunnies.
I think that changed her mind.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Great thread OP! I work with animals and it's always nice to take a minute and appreciate them.

A few pictures of my dog Ginger. She is a pitbull mix.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join