It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Animal Lovers! Pictures/Stories/Advice Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

Thanks....I will. I love doing things like that. What I really would like to do if I had time is work with neglected or abused animals. That's something that I care deeply about.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

I've never had a ferret....but I've heard they are little clowns. I know they are pretty cute though!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Now you KNOW that just melted my heart! The one with the bottle especially........she has beautiful eyes. I like the one where you are holding her too

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wow 4 pages already!
Not had time to read them yet,but will post a quick tale about one of my dogs while i have the time,then read the whole thread on my day off

Little Lucky was one of my family since she was a pup,when I bought her off a cruel drunken man in a pub in Wales back in the early 90's.She was being treated horribly(you do not want the details),and was 5 weeks old when I managed to persuade her owner to let me "take the dog off his hands"for £35.
I started at £10,and we bartered-I would have offered him my weeks wages if it was the only way to stop the poor dirty creature squealing

Anyway,that was the only bad 5 weeks for her life--the next 14 years she was part of my family,a small mixed breed terrier of pure awesomeness.

So anyhow,that's Lucky-but what I wanted to tell you all about is her strange interest in the Godforsaken invention that we call "Television."
It started out quite innocently-She would sit at a respectable distance from the TV,and become transfixed only when a nature program was on TV-Soap operas,not interested.Any human stuff,not interested.
But a program about animals??
Wow...she would study it,tilting her head,watching bears,moles,rats,cats,elephants etc...
It became a kind of treat for her after a good day of exercise and fun.She would sit by the fire right by the best spot to see the TV-if my other two dogs were lying there,she would boot them off her space!!
And she was only a little dog compared to the others,but when it came to her TV spot she was Alpha dog!
So one night there's a program on with David Attenborough-Its about Lions...Lucky is wary,ears and tail down-still as a rock looking at the lions.
A scene on TV shows a gazelle or similar being chased and caught by a hungry lioness.
Poor Lucky starts looking at the Gazelle and squealing,as though shes trying to warn it about the lion chasing it behind.
I manage to get up and go for the remote control on the other side of the room,to change channel,because she is really squealing,at in that moment the lion catches the prey,and my Luckty jumps at the TV trying to bite the lion.
Lucky is in a frenzy and almost knocks the TV over(Thankfully 90's TVs were good and solid,not like today's thin screens).
So I manage to turn the TV off,and Lucky takes about 15 minutes to calm down,with hugs and water.
She had never been like that before.
When she calmed down everything was fine-but if any lions were on TV after that day-she would begin to squeal again in such a horrid way,that we had to ban all nature progs featuring lions for the rest of her days.

From then on,only Moose,Bear,Elephants,anything not a lion were allowed.
I have had 7 other dogs in my life,and none of the others had any interest in TV,except maybe for the odd noise of dogs barking on a program...
Lucky was special,she thought TV was really happening live,with real creatures in that box of lights,fighting for survival.
My Buddhist friend thinks my dog Lucky was a gazelle or maybe a lion in a previous life...
"no question about it" he said.
I don't know about that,but I do know that dog was on a different level to her peers,when it came to TV.

This is Lucky,back in the day.
My little smasher:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

I will never forget her,and still I see her from the corner of my eye,sitting on her favorite step.
I don't know if that is my subconscious trying to sooth my sadness that she is gone,or something more.
I hope its something more.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

What a great story! You know, some animals are just special...and in that pic, you can see it. I am about to leave for work, but I had to comment! Thankyou so much for posting that!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is "DJ", he isn't a year old yet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02ae8ed8e320.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Bless his little heart! He looks so cute and content
They are soooo cute at that age....

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

My Kitkat, his name is diego.
And he is a beast.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
here's a better pic of my python playing with his food. I cant get him to eat frozen thawed rodents. Everytime I try, he just ends up crawling around on it, and some times moves it around in the terrarium. I didnt want to feed him live prey, but after watching how he stalks it, and the impressive speed in which he strikes and wraps it up, I cant help but feel like I am letting him feel more like a snake in the wild.

edit on 25-5-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: to fix the pic

edit on 25-5-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: because I basically said the same thing in back to back sentences. lol

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This is my labrador border collie cross sally 1st as a puppy and then at 1 year

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d45c13a8702f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf2608315c07.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
We have had numerous German Shepherds

German Shepherd Puppy - Asko - about 7 years ago

My sister's boyfriend has a black German Shepherd - Uzzi
This photos is from about 6 months back (I think)

Uzzi and Asko playing in the garden a few months ago

Fat German Shepherd Puppies bred from Asko (by professional, registered breeder - I detest backyard breeders). All the puppies went to a good home.
In the photo the eyes are still closed.

Sable German Shepherd Puppy - Destruction Dog (aka Vida), eating my pot plants. This is a semi rescue dog. She has a fondness for eating pots, plants, compost, doggie bedding and blankets, socks, carpets, brooms, plastic anything and thinks getting yelled at is fun. She also likes climbing on tables. She is only interested in food, sleep and play and not at all interested in training unless there is food involved.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

GREAT THREAD!

Well... It's a tough one to pick my favorite Lucy picture, but, here she is for your thread...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/201c43418263.jpg[/atsimg]

Thank you again for all your love and care you put into us both when going through the trauma of 'Lil Lucy'

hugs

PS - I'll bring other pics soon but for now I'm not up to it. Still get a mighty pain from seeing 'our' Lucy.

hugs again
edit on 25-5-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Kat,
I changed my mind. Not you, or 'our Lucy' would want me bumming, soooo, here's a few of the 'rest of the gang'!

This is Moozy the cat and Karlotta the Iguana

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4e19bce2b23.jpg[/atsimg]

Pzza-Pizza the sun-worhiping one eyed cat!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce5f07492415.jpg[/atsimg]

Karlotta

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79bbbe3f40a0.jpg[/atsimg]

Rooster-Man relaxing by my computer

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a115744003b.jpg[/atsimg]

Giusi in her water dish

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3215db12599d.jpg[/atsimg]

Lady-Bird

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe54468aed4d.jpg[/atsimg]

And our Luci too! (I remember you liked this pic)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0607ab4877a.jpg[/atsimg]

I've got a few more but I'll save for another post!

HUGS

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Mate your Shadow looks like a lovely girl,I am sorry for your loss.
They never really leave you do they friend?

reply to post by benintheuk

Man your Sally is a beauty,I bet she has an amazing good nature being a Lab/Collie mix.
What a peach.

reply to post by Elentarri

Oh wow those Shepherds are awesome,I love the breed,so intelligent,loyal and yet mischievous in a good way!Yours look very well looked after-Good job!
Absolutely cracking dogs. Here's my Buddy,when he was 6 in his prime,hes nearly 10 now and will always be a special dog to me:
files.abovetopsecret.com...
he saved one of my relatives from an attack by intruders,no blood was spilled but he saw them off with his presence and demon growl ,hes one of a kind and a big part of my family,I would trust this dog with my life,as I know he would protect me with all his heart.

However the plan is that he never has to do such a thing,being a good friendly family dog,I want him to enjoy all the good things,without having to fight with his teeth.
But if need be,he could chew through wrists like carrots.He chooses not to through my guidance and his good nature.
So far so good 10 years..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

Aww how adorable. I have a friend that has a grown lab border collie - really good dogs!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is my beloved Simba - no longer with us.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c46a12a703e.jpg[/atsimg] He is
the Father to Simba Jr (my avatar kitty).

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

How adorable - Mamma and kittens - didn't see the little gray one until she got up.
BTW I love this thread!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'll add pictures of my other pets later, but since these are the only two I have online....

This is charlie.. She is a rose hair tarantula.. (Cell Phone Camera)

and here she is again getting some "Face Time" with yours truly..

as you can see, she's fairly large....

edit on 25-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
This is a great thread OP. I love seeing all the pictures and stories of people's pets. What joy they bring into our lives. My heart also goes out to those who have lost their beloved pets.....but what wonderful memories they've left behind. Anyone have any ferrets? A few years ago I had two. You talk about characters!!! Ferrets are the greatest!
~~Linda

I used to have a ferret. She died some years back. She was sooooo comical! If anyone decides to get one, they must literally ferret-proof their house. These little creautures can get into any appliance with a small opening. Ours got into our oven once. Thank God we wern't cooking when she did. So you have to be extremely careful and watch them at all times. They need to be bathed often as their natural oder isn't so pleasant. They sleep most of the time, but when they are active, they are like the energizer bunnie. She even wore my cats out!
And yes, it's true what they say, they are little thieves and will waltz off with keyes, pens, undewear, anything and everything! When they are little, all they do is bite. LOL I miss you Minka. Rest in peace little darling.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

What a wonderful cat your Simba will always be.
And that's one excellent photograph from a technical viewpoint BTW.

reply to post by DaMod

Classic pics DaMod,real nice Arachnid you got there on your chin.
A warm place,pleasing to such creatures.

Misunderstood critters by many I think,but amongst the most creative and weird beings out there.
And as I say to people who are scared of spiders-Would you rather be overrun by flies and bugs and mites?
Thats what spiders keep at bay.
Spiders are almost symbiotic with us I think.they are to be respected not feared IMO.
They are part of the game like us..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join