It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin - Five Universities, Three States to Complete Journalism Degree

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I don't know if Palin would be a better president, I can speculate.
It's like football. When asked, I have two favorite teams. Chicago Bears and ANYONE playing against Green Bay.
So I have favorites for political candidates, and ANYONE running against Obama.

It appears that the media made Palins transcripts and history transparent. While obfuscating Obamas'. But that is just the accepted bias with the media and by extension, the Obama fans who defend and adore him.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
My question for Mrs Palin would be this - why did it take switching through FIVE colleges in three different states including a year long break in the middle in order to complete her degree in journalism­?

University of Hawaii, Hawaii Pacific University­, North Idaho College, a break for the Miss Alaska pageant, then off to University of Idaho, Matanuska-­Susitna College in Alaska, then back to the University of Idaho where she got awarded her degree.

Who completes their college education in this manner? Why so many different colleges and universiti­es in so many different states? This is public record - why hasn't this hopping around been investigat­ed by the media?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

I'm just now, after over 20 years and several fits and starts, able to work on my degree. By the time I get my Masters I will likely have gone to 3 different universities in two states (at least). People do what they can when they can. At least she has her degree unlike a lot of people on welfare and sucking the government teet getting their services for free.

/TOA

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

As we have seen over the past 12 years, one does not need to be particularly bright to be a politician or run for president. Palin has, however, taken care of her family, and good for her. Can't begrudge her that. She would be a terrible president though but, again, looking at the last 12 years...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I cannot watch Olberman, never have. I dislike Palin because she is an idiot, who is popular because she appeals to extremists and milf-chasers. The US has had really bad presidents already though, so perhaps she would not be any worse.

edit on 23-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I am a Christian and radical Islam is not ok. Far too many so-called Christians cannot see or refuse to see that Islam and radical Islam are two separate things. Perhaps they read different Bibles than I do, but in mine, Jesus does not tell us to hate and kill those who are different.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I am not sure, actually. I can only guess it's because I called Palin, a non-poster, an idiot. I imagine if I had referred to a poster as an idiot, I would have been hit with a violation.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I have to agree here. My path through university was not the smoothest, but I made it and I am better for it. Without knowing the circumstances of her switching universities, we cannot really say that she was wrong to do so.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Univ. of ID doesn't really remember her...

Most of her journalism professors have retired or died, he said. Bird worked at the local newspaper, The Moscow-Pullman Daily News (then called The Idahonian), during Palin's time at the University of Idaho and he doesn't remember her ever freelancing or interning for the paper.

Two of her past journalism professors don't remember her, either.

"I wish I could say that I knew something about her, but I just don't," said Roy Atwood, the former director of the journalism program and the faculty member who signed her application for graduation. Atwood was teaching large classes at the time, so Palin would have been one of roughly 120 students in his class.Source

Seems like she didn't put much effort forth.
Whereas I'm no fan, I don't believe moving around discredits most students. Her however, probably.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I am referring to the post from another forum that you quoted.

And indeed, it is nothing but partisan bickering.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I am posting this from another forum because it kind of answers this OP better than I would personally:

Sarah is more intelligent then they are, and she is an idiot.

Bristol is more intelligent then they are, and she is dumber then Sarah

They would "hit it" but they know they have no chance, and all they have left is Hillary

Sarah is getting rich off their hate media

Bristol is getting rich off their hate media

Sarah is a horrible choice for 2012 Presidential Candidate, yet, she is a better choice then the current POTUS

Bristol is a worse horrible choice then Sarah for 2012 Presidential Candidate, yet, she is a better choice then the current POTUS

Liberals only pick on those they believe cant fight back, it is what Keith Olberman teaches them to do

If Liberal didnt have someone to hate, they would realize they hate themselves.

Liberals believe ragging on Sarah blows the GOPs next Candidate ticket, without realizing she has no chance of becoming their Candidate.

She is only as relevant as the left makes her. To the right, moderates, and those of us who think political ideology is stupid, she is as irrelevant as John Edwards.

Lol, she's ideally suited for the presidency, judging by the criteria operating currently.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Depending how you look at it, five Universties and three States may seem like a lot, but I thought folks on the left call her a "quitter".
Damned if you do, damned if you don't

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

So will you just "settle" and vote for Obama?

Or do you (not you specifically, but the metaphorical "you" representing the audience) have the courage to stand up and demand a better option?

Like "V" said, it is OUR fault that our nation is where it is. If we want to place blame we need to stand in front of a mirror.

Oh hell no Tex.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The woman is the darling of the Tea Party and she thinks Paul Revere was alerting the british with the bells and the lights and that America wasn't going to take it anymore.

www.politicususa.com...

I know it's nitpicking, but how can a woman who is supposed to be for American tradition and history, have no clue as to who Paul Revere is? Come to think of it..............what does she know? (Other than Obama being a communist) I had to bring it up because I just saw the clip about her babbling about who she thought Paul Revere was.

edit on 3-6-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
More proof of her incompetency as the 4 were obviously too hard for her. Do you really want someone like this running anything?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Sarah Palin is an idiot that, unfortunately, seems to represent the general intellect of the people of the US. Jay Leno made a career out of poking fun of American dumbasses. It is more the fault of our government, if you believe Charlotte Iserbyte (former Dept of Education official turned whistleblower), as We The People are kept dumb for a reason. It makes us easier to trick. In school we are taught what to think, not how to think. Fact, not logic.

Regardless, all public personalities, if they are allowed to talk long enough, will have gaffe moments. Like Obama visiting all 56 states, or Biden asking that guy sitting in a wheelchair to stand so the crowd can see him. God, the reels of Bush's gaffe's can go on for hours, literally.

Most Tea Partiers that I converse with on the web have a VERY low opinion of her. The only people who see her as having any real legitimacy are the DNC, and they only do it as a smear tactic for the GOP and TEA parties (associate them as loving the lunatic, Palin, to harm the public opinion of those groups via the association with her).

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Judging by your signature line, you understand EXACTLY what I am saying.
That is outstanding.

If you won't settle, then you have a duty. I don't know what you should do to fulfill that duty, but you have a duty to act, in some way. My absolute favorite video:

I would not tell you what to do, but do something.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by babybunnies

I have attended 4 colleges. Many people I know have gone to at least 2 or 3 colleges.

I too have have graduated from three universities and that brings us to the core issue. Of all the universities you "attended", how many did you graduate from? It took Sarah the Quitter F I V E universities just to obtain one piddling bachelor's degree in communications. She is no scholar.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

And that is a good target to aim for with our president (and something that has been sorely lacking for quite some time): she is no scholar.

But attending 5 universities to get a single degree is not something really worthy of discussion. She graduated, which should be something that people find desirable. But all of a sudden the target is moved, and instead she is criticized about the details surrounding how she legitimately and legaly earned that degree.

You know, i have managed hundreds of people who had bachelors and masters degrees. Many who were working on their PhD (when i ran a call center in Laramie, WY). I can tell you without a doubt, a degree means nothing. My best employees were people without this education (they tended to work harder, not feeling that they were above the job) who were hungry to build a career for themselves.

I have no degree and have found ways to make millions for various companies I have worked for.

Having a college degree or not does not change the value of who a person is. If THAT truth can be recognized, then the next bit is, "If the degree doesn't change the value of who a person is, why are we talking about Palin's degree?" Is it because it is just fahionable to bad mouth her? Does it make people (often, who have achieved little in life) feel better about themselves to demean something that she has accomplished (when so many haven't accomplished it)?
edit on 4-6-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by babybunnies

I have attended 4 colleges. Many people I know have gone to at least 2 or 3 colleges.

I too have have graduated from three universities and that brings us to the core issue. Of all the universities you "attended", how many did you graduate from? It took Sarah the Quitter F I V E universities just to obtain one piddling bachelor's degree in communications. She is no scholar.

If you start in junior college you have to move up to at least one more university to get your bachelor's degree. So there's two right there. My wife had to take 5 years to get her bachelor's because some of her classes from JC wouldn't transfer to the university (one of the satellite universities of UT). She was going to go for her masters, but some classes from the satellite university wouldn't even transfer to the main campus. The same freaking school.

So there are many obstacles that one has to pass even transferring to a higher school. Does anyone even know why she had to go to 5 different colleges for her degree? Or is it just more fun to call her names and make fun of her success out of jealousy?

/TOA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join