It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin - Five Universities, Three States to Complete Journalism Degree

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My question for Mrs Palin would be this - why did it take switching through FIVE colleges in three different states including a year long break in the middle in order to complete her degree in journalism­?

University of Hawaii, Hawaii Pacific University­, North Idaho College, a break for the Miss Alaska pageant, then off to University of Idaho, Matanuska-­Susitna College in Alaska, then back to the University of Idaho where she got awarded her degree.

Who completes their college education in this manner? Why so many different colleges and universiti­es in so many different states? This is public record - why hasn't this hopping around been investigat­ed by the media?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Also during her term as Mayor of Wasila, the city's long term debt went from $1 million to $25 million, and as Governor she signed the highest state operating budget in history into law.

Fiscal responsibility? Don't make me laugh.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I am posting this from another forum because it kind of answers this OP better than I would personally:

Sarah is more intelligent then they are, and she is an idiot.

Bristol is more intelligent then they are, and she is dumber then Sarah

They would "hit it" but they know they have no chance, and all they have left is Hillary

Sarah is getting rich off their hate media

Bristol is getting rich off their hate media

Sarah is a horrible choice for 2012 Presidential Candidate, yet, she is a better choice then the current POTUS

Bristol is a worse horrible choice then Sarah for 2012 Presidential Candidate, yet, she is a better choice then the current POTUS

Liberals only pick on those they believe cant fight back, it is what Keith Olberman teaches them to do

If Liberal didnt have someone to hate, they would realize they hate themselves.

Liberals believe ragging on Sarah blows the GOPs next Candidate ticket, without realizing she has no chance of becoming their Candidate.

She is only as relevant as the left makes her. To the right, moderates, and those of us who think political ideology is stupid, she is as irrelevant as John Edwards.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

The rep field is looking horrible right now; I will not vote for Romney or his lousy cousin. Newt blew my support by agreeing with the mandatory health insurance or fines crap of Obummer - like everyone can afford $500 a month health insurance while more and more illegals clog the emergency rooms and dont pay dick and drive the costs of health care for all us citizens through the roof.

Ron Paul is looking better and better, but I still think he is a tinfoil hat nutcase, even if he's my kind of nutcase.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

So will you just "settle" and vote for Obama?

Or do you (not you specifically, but the metaphorical "you" representing the audience) have the courage to stand up and demand a better option?

Like "V" said, it is OUR fault that our nation is where it is. If we want to place blame we need to stand in front of a mirror.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
My question for Mrs Palin would be this - why did it take switching through FIVE colleges in three different states including a year long break in the middle in order to complete her degree in journalism­?

University of Hawaii, Hawaii Pacific University­, North Idaho College, a break for the Miss Alaska pageant, then off to University of Idaho, Matanuska-­Susitna College in Alaska, then back to the University of Idaho where she got awarded her degree.

Who completes their college education in this manner? Why so many different colleges and universiti­es in so many different states? This is public record - why hasn't this hopping around been investigat­ed by the media?

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds like an ideal candidate for the presidency. I mean Americans never vote for intelligent people who might make a real difference anyway, you guys seem to prefer dumbasses - e.g Reagan & George W etc - or puppets on strings - Clinton & Obama. I personally don't think that Palin could oust Obama in the next election BUT stranger things have happened.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Right now, I would vote for Palin in a heartbeat. Considering the mess Obama has gotten the country into.

I think people are afraid of Palin because she'd do a better job.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by babybunnies

I have attended 4 colleges. Many people I know have gone to at least 2 or 3 colleges.

So what is the issue here?

Oh yes, Palin is "dumb."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Who cares?!

Go talk to military families or people who move around the country and you will see that many attend different colleges and have to stop and start and sometimes it takes forever to finish a degree.

I returned back to school after a change in career. It is taking me awile because I spent a number of years moving around, I am a mom and I may have to go to a couple of different schools because of certain classes I need to take that may not be at one school or a nother.

Fact is...........LIFE gets in the way of things we may want to do. That includes College.

Mighty picky and non-important thing to focus on.
edit on May 22nd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

en.wikipedia.org...

I attended three colleges to get my degree with 2 one year breaks... 1 to do a year in Italy and 1 because of the birth of a child requiring me to work.

Just a quick question Bunny (and then I will let you get back to your Dem talking points) how many degrees do you have and from how many universities?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Eh, argument is a no starter. I've attended 4 colleges myself and my IQ is in the upper 140s. Flunked the first state college because I was having too much fun at 18 and out from under my parents' thumb. Community college while I saved up money. Then good, smaller university to finish my bachelor's degree in accounting with awesome grades. Another state, another state university for an MBA with a 3.8 GPA.

People, myself included, are idiots at ages 17-22 (at least!) If the things I did when I was in that age range were brought up today, I'd be mighty embarrassed by my immaturity.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wouldn't a good journalist be one with a diverse life experience? Or should they just spend 4 years being force fed the local culture and traditions?

I have to say, I attended the University of Tennessee as a Theater major...not the best school for such a thing as the theater dept wasn't much better than a really good high school especially compared to other colleges I had looked at. I ended up there because the mail was held up and I had no housing to attend the University of Minnesota where I was accepted and wanted to attend.

To say I was not happy at UT was an understatement, the final nail in the coffin was being bumped from required curriculum by seniors taking the classes for their liberal arts requirements. Some being pre-reqs for other classes that I would be taking the rest of my college career. So yes, I spoke my mind and withdrew from UT.

Two years of working and saving later, I attended Flagler College in St. Augustine, FL as a Secondary Education major with a minor in History. Two weeks before the next semester I received a letter explaining that the state of Florida renigged on their "guaranteed" tuition voucher the previous semester by 50%. I paid it and explained I would not be attending class in the next two weeks and would in fact have to withdraw. They naturally protested a bit, so I asked which would they rather not be paid for: last semester or this one about to start was I was paying out of pocket?

Fast forward about 6 years and I find myself at Miami University Middletown working on an engineering degree. Again out of pocket until work would not work with me by either changing hours in order to attend a class nor seemed to want to honor their education reimbursement benefit (you know the one that all businesses claim to give of 70% for C's 80% for B's and 90% for A's) because I was not both a full time student and full time worker. I resigned to become a full time student under Federal Loans (mistake on my part, but that is a different story). My post-secondary education ends a few weeks after the start of the second semester. I awoke to a seized engine in the truck to the first day of return to classes making commuting the 40 miles per day a bit difficult. New motor installed but no living expenses left over pretty much made the decision to withdraw a no brainer.

So there you go 3 schools in 3 states over an almost 10 year period. Once for unequal treatment under a ridiculous policy and twice for financial reasons. I am pondering a 4th attempt currently, but I am not really looking forward to the idea given the history.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

no detail is too small for the partakers of the false political dichotomy to take cheap shots at each other over.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I just hope that if Sarah runs for president, the Right will demand her birth certificate and university records. I won't hold my breath.

ETA: It's not such a big deal that she transferred. It could be important depending on the reasons why she transferred.
edit on 22-5-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
I just hope that if Sarah runs for president, the Right will demand her birth certificate and university records. I won't hold my breath.

ETA: It's not such a big deal that she transferred. It could be important depending on the reasons why she transferred.

I think the reason she transferred, or the fact that she transferred, is completely irrelevant. She is on the waning side of her 15 minutes of fame, and would never be nominated.

Now that you bring it up, though...why Obama transferred to Harvard might actually have relevance. Along with how a lackluster student was accepted, and how a poor person paid for it.

like i say about the false political dichotomy. People tie it to their ego's, and turn a blind eye to the exact things they rail on within the "other party".

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Unlike Obama, she will be able to produce evidence without exposing any illegit stuff. In their hearts, liberals must know this. Denial won't help them.
The media already dug up the dirt on her anyway, and what they found was nothing compared to Obama's dirty dealings and communist leanings, and yet they were allowed to completely trash her character. How is it that liberals think they have the moral and intellectual high ground when they excuse David Letterman's assault on her family? Or how about when the Obama lemmings hacked her email account? Some ethical baseline huh.
edit on 22-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

People hate Sarah Palin simply because Keith Olberman tells them to.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

People hate Sarah Palin simply because Keith Olberman tells them to.

Yes, that's pretty much it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Actually, nobody will ask because it is not relevant. I have not seen college records of any president, yet the Right is demanding Obama's records. Interesting. I fully agree that there are many reasons to vote against Obama and question his presidency. Sadly those legitimate concers have been clouded by idiotic conspiracy theories lacking merit.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join