It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handicapped Man Picked Up From Wheelchair And SMASHED Into The Ground By D.C. Police.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
reply to post by fordrew

You have to wonder what is in the minds of these officers, that they can justify such an abuse of power on a handicapped older man?? It is truly frightening that these type of people have a badge, a gun and authority over us. I hope they are criminally charged and lose their jobs as police officers.

They have ONLY the authority that we IDIOTICALLY give them. Please understand, MAN came first, wandered the earth for hundreds of years, when there was something of value in question, then the fighting started, then through the years, greed led to the creation of governance, to regulate for the wealth of the few. THIS is how it all began. And so the wealthy NEEDED security to keep the fraud going.

ALL COPS are NOTHING more than "Corporate Security Guards", THAT IS ALL THEY ARE! They have absolutely NO AUTHORITY over the common Citizen, it is time to start thinking that way and waking up and stopping hese idiots and politicians.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Granted the force used appears to be unjustified, but what was going on before the cops took him out of his wheelchair? Was he being a total pain. Was he warned to back off and continued to get in the way of the officiers doing their job? This clip may have been edited to make it appear that he was abused by the officiers. Its really hard to say just from what little is shown. Hopefully other videos of this incident will surface, showing more of what went on.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by yrwehere1

What happened is that the cops didn't have control of the situation.

If they did, he would have been handcuffed and detained.

Not 'thrown' the the ground.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by yrwehere1
reply to post by fordrew

Granted the force used appears to be unjustified, but what was going on before the cops took him out of his wheelchair? Was he being a total pain. Was he warned to back off and continued to get in the way of the officiers doing their job? This clip may have been edited to make it appear that he was abused by the officiers. Its really hard to say just from what little is shown. Hopefully other videos of this incident will surface, showing more of what went on.

But really.... what could he have done?

Even if he was "charging" at the officers in his chair.. that doesn't justify dragging him out and smashing him face first into the ground.

I can't believe that in all of these threads about BLATANT police brutality, there are always people willing to justify or defend the actions of the police.

If he was pointing a gun at the police, that is the ONLY thing that could and would justify their actions.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

reply to post by fordrew

There you have it folks ! It was all HIS fault ! I don't know what is wrong with the world today !

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Just another reason to hate cops. We all started from a position of respect of law enforcement, but over time everyone learns the only appropriate eotion with these subhumans is loathing. I know longer feel sad when I hear of a cop killing and I'm a normal, middle-aged middle clas husband and father of 4. I feel for their spouse and chidren, but know the cop will rot in hell if there is a hell. "Good cop or not," because there are no good cops because those never turn in their brothers, nor prevent the excessive force. Sorry LEOs, you have brought it on yourself.

I'm sorry but I have to call you out on this one.... For one, not all cops are bad and not all cops are power trippin' "pigs" (as some people call them). Both my aunt and uncle were sherrifs and my little brother will be a police officer in a year, he wants to be a detective. My aunt and uncle were excellent police officers, very kind and helping towards the community, and my brother says when I asked him why he wanted to be a cop, "I want to protect people, I see so much hurt and crime go on, people hurting people, I mainly want to get meth off the streets and I think that will help a lot with theft, and abuse, and even rape."

My brother is a good person and so are my other family members, he really wants to be a good police officer and help others. So when you say that no one should be sad when a police officer gets killed is a lil insulting to me and hopefully others. Just recently in my area a cop was killed for trying to stop a car thief and he was shot in cold blood. This guy was an excellent person, and very loved within the community, it was really a shame he was killed and left his 3 kids and wife behind. He was always helping people and friendly and he was just doing his job. Comments like yours make me scared for my little brother. Now yes, I have to say, in relation to this video, THAT was ABSURD! I too am getting sick of seeing this kind of brutality, and trust me, I've had my fair share of run ins with some policemen that remind me of Nazis. It is police officers like this that give others a bad rep, but come on, the comment you made is like saying we should hate all Germans because of Hitler.

Peace,
Marriah
edit on 23-5-2011 by marriah3330 because: forgot my sig'

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I'll admit it, I usually side with the police when I hear accusations of police brutality, especially when the video doesn't show the entire situation. But in this case, it's true police brutality. Apparently it started when the police witnessed the man drinking a beer in public (which, being from Louisiana, I have a hard time grasping that law
).

Gotta love cell phone cameras and YouTube for making these types of situation available to the public.

www.myfoxdc.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I think it's horrible that policemen behave like this. Even if the guy on a weelchair did or said something wrong, they could've arrested him in a more polite (well, more human-like) way. Also, it's delightful that there are people who are not lazy to pick up the cell or camera and film this kind of injustice.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Quite right. I remember a policeman pushing me for no reason at all when I was about 18 then when I told him he wasn't allowed to push me, he arrested me and gave me a two-hundred squids fine! The cheek of it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

He looks pretty active for a handicapped fellow. Just before being thrown off the chair he looks to be struggling pretty violently. Before he's picked up, you see his arms flailing, as though he's reaching around for something. Now look at the chair. It is not an ordinary wheelchair but is of the type given to people who can barely move any part of their body. You can also see his feet move when he's stood up, and again when he's on the ground.

There's little doubt, based on the evidence in that video that this is a crook who had either stolen the chair or was using it as a ruse. We have no idea what violent crime he may have committed before being slammed.

However, having said that, it looks like a clear case of police brutality to me. Slamming someone into concrete is not acceptable conduct.

Still, as usual, the thread title is a lie. It says, without evidence, and in fact, contrary to evidence, that the man is handicapped. I don't believe that at all. Looks to me like a thug posing as a handicapped person. Anyone who claims the contrary has to explain why a man confined to a wheelchair for the profoundly disabled can so easily wrestle with police.

edit on 23-5-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I work in DC and this did not happen anywhere near the White House. This was on U street up north from downtown. It truly is ridiculous the amount of videos coming out like this. Seems unsurprising now that we are being more and more accustomed to it. I see these guys on the metro every day with their SWAT gear and MP5s in my face. I will say that it is reassuring having them around. There have been internal emails circling about possible terrorists riding the metro taking videos and taking pictures around L'Enfant Plaza Metro stop. Knowing that they are targeting us, they'd be the closest thing to stopping them and/or being first responders to an event. But needless to say, this man was certainly not a terrorist. I about lost it when I heard the cop say "he assaulted a police officer". What did he do run over their toes? This is completely unnecessary. Welcome to our new America

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

As I have said before ...

I live right outside the belly of the beast[ washington dc]

Yes this is the District of Columbia[ what does that mean
]

Its on U St. .... also known now as U st. corridor ... the dood in the chair is right at the U st. Metro [probably pan handling]

As a Matter of Fact , that is Bens Chili Bowl right

across the street.

Historic landmark....

same spot where the Puppet & Chief pulled the above publicity stunt...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

reply to post by fordrew

its in the Washington Post article I posted on page 7.

The man was drinking an alcoholic beverage. could've been a Beer, or a fifth of Wild Irish rose....but slamming a wheelchair bound person, face first...surpasses any reasoning, short of the man attempting to pull a weapon.

the man weighed 150lbs tops and both officers had each arm, swept his legs and brought him to the ground with no control of his landing/no care. i'm willing to bet BOTH OFFICERS combined total of about 510 lbs falling on a light weight man. i work as an armed officer, 6' and about 250lbs(not fat) and those guys look like they have me beat in height and weight.

trust me, putting that much weight on anyone is significant.

and when it comes to the additional charge of assaulting an officer, if i remember correctly..so much as Touching an officer(how isnt clearly defined) constitutes assault.
edit on 23-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I thought those in the armed forces are to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. How about the gang's, drug running, corrupt politician's. Take care of problem's here before going abroad picking fight's.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330

its unfortunate you are fearful for your brother

it is unfortunate that one day things will boil over and "good" cops will get hurt along with the corrupt

that is inevitable when you look at whats going on

any spark can explode this thing real quick

if you really worry about your brother, you may want to tell him to rethink careers

at this point, our world is so f'ed, a cop no matter how good will be able to make a real difference

the sooner he realizes the safer he'll be

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
reply to post by fordrew

He looks pretty active for a handicapped fellow. Just before being thrown off the chair he looks to be struggling pretty violently. Before he's picked up, you see his arms flailing, as though he's reaching around for something. Now look at the chair. It is not an ordinary wheelchair but is of the type given to people who can barely move any part of their body. You can also see his feet move when he's stood up, and again when he's on the ground.

There's little doubt, based on the evidence in that video that this is a crook who had either stolen the chair or was using it as a ruse. We have no idea what violent crime he may have committed before being slammed.

However, having said that, it looks like a clear case of police brutality to me. Slamming someone into concrete is not acceptable conduct.

Still, as usual, the thread title is a lie. It says, without evidence, and in fact, contrary to evidence, that the man is handicapped. I don't believe that at all. Looks to me like a thug posing as a handicapped person. Anyone who claims the contrary has to explain why a man confined to a wheelchair for the profoundly disabled can so easily wrestle with police.

edit on 23-5-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

There aree quite a few negative accusations about the guy in your post, you have decides he is guilty despite hearing what is said in the audio, I quote " assault on a police officer " ( the explanation given for the beating ) " he lives on our block, he's always in a wheelchair " ( spoken by the woman ). You say he was throwing his arms around as though he was " Looking for something " implying a hidden weapon, you seem to think it is ok to treat a human being like this.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Qwenn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Nazis. f-ing nazis is what they are.

You can't help but notice everywhere that the cops no longer dress like they did in old TV shows like Adam-12, CHiPS or Andy Griffith. back then, their job was to protect and to serve... not assault and brutalize. Today's cops are like para-military and trained not to enforce the law, but to kick the public to the curb.

I really hate this. My brother was a cop and so was my brother-in-law. Things were different then.

Shows on TV like COPS do nothing but glorify these guys. It's not about service, it's an arrest-fest, a spectacle for public amusement.

My gawd, are we becoming more and more like the old Roman Empire... or what?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

It's yes man idiots like you who believe that giving up freedoms is worth the false safety and security promised. How can this guy "resist arrest" as you put it? Two cops had to bloody up this defenseless guy in a wheelchair? I bet you thought it was cool when the cop punched the lady in the head several times in an earlier post here. When anyone in authority tells you "jump" I know you'll be eager to say "how high sir?" What are you even doing on here?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
My god this discussion has taken on such a silly direction, I cannot believe what I am reading. Cops are bad, cops are good, was he really disabled?.

Think about this. The cops are doing these things out in the open now. It shows they do not care anymore about what you think. They know they can now get away with nearly anything. 10 to 20 years ago they would do this in the dark.
Now? In plain sight for everyone to see.
What does this show you? Its show the cops are having too much power and they know it. This are signs of a police state in rising. Study the rise of any police state and these are the signs. The authorities are granted ''God like'' powers.
And what is the biggest mistake the citizens make every single time? Every time over and over and over again they make the same single mistake, which is: saying that '' they will never turn against us''.

However.

They always seem to do.

Think about it.

Cops and military are drawn into a world of extreme ignorance, testosterone highly competitive violent kind of environment. They make them do evil things. They make their minds corrupted. And the more that happens the more difficult it becomes for them to get out of it.

Another undeniable sign is of a police state in rising the merging of army,police and intelligence agencies into one. The Patriot Act did exactly that.

Now the cops look like soldiers, behave like soldiers, are becoming soldiers.

The United states is a police state in the rising, whether you like it or not.
edit on 23-5-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think it's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to jump on the cops in this case. This video only cuts in when the action takes place. We don't know what happened before or what the guy SAID. Yeh he's in a wheelchair, but if he threatened an officer and inferred he had a gun or other weapon, the officers are 100% justified to throw him to the pavement.

Everyday thousands of cops do nothing dangerous, but a few are put in life-threatening situations, and the thing is you don't know when you're in the middle of one of those situations, and if you get too lazy, you could end up with a bullet to the face....Esp in Washington DC, former murder capital.

With that said, unless they believed the guy had a weapon, slamming him wasn't needed, lots of other ways to get a guy out of a chair and not risk chipping all his teeth.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join