It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handicapped Man Picked Up From Wheelchair And SMASHED Into The Ground By D.C. Police.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klose
I think it's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to jump on the cops in this case. This video only cuts in when the action takes place. We don't know what happened before or what the guy SAID. Yeh he's in a wheelchair, but if he threatened an officer and inferred he had a gun or other weapon, the officers are 100% justified to throw him to the pavement.

Then if they thought he was armed, why did they not search him or the chair after they had slam-dunked him, because they KNEW he was no threat to them. They do these sort of things because people like you turn a blind eye and say " well he must have done something wrong ".

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Michael Jackson had warned us countless times before...

They Don't Care About Us

Skin head, dead head
Everybody gone bad
Situation, aggravation
Everybody allegation
In the suite, on the news
Everybody dog food
Bang bang, shot dead
Everybody's gone mad

All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us
All I wanna say is that

Beat me, hate me
You can never break me
Will me, thrill me
You can never kill me
chew me, sue me
Everybody do me
Kick me, kike me
Don't you black or white me

All I wanna say is that
All I wanna say is that

Tell me what has become of my life
I have a wife and two children who love me
I am the victim of police brutality, now
I'm tired of bein' the victim of hate
You're rapin' me of my pride
Oh, for God's sake
I look to heaven to fulfill its prophecy...
Set me free

Skin head, dead head
Everybody gone bad
trepidation, speculation
Everybody allegation
Everybody dog food
Black male, black mail
Throw your brother in jail

All I wanna say is that
All I wanna say is that

Tell me what has become of my rights
Am I invisible because you ignore me?
Your proclamation promised me free liberty, now
I'm tired of bein' the victim of shame
They're throwing me in a class with a bad name
I can't believe this is the land from which I came
You know I do really hate to say it
The government don't wanna see
But if Roosevelt was livin'
He wouldn't let this be, no, no

Skin head, dead head
Everybody gone bad
Situation, speculation
Everybody litigation
Beat me, bash me
You can never trash me
Hit me, kick me
You can never get me

All I wanna say is that
All I wanna say is that

Some things in life they just don't wanna see
But if Martin Luther was livin'
He wouldn't let this be

Skin head, dead head
Everybody gone bad
Situation, segregation
Everybody allegation
Everybody dog food
Kick me, strike me
Don't you wrong or right me

All I wanna say is that
All I wanna say is that

All I wanna say is that
All I wanna say is that

All I wanna say is that
All I wanna say is that

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by imasecretspy

As I said, I'd like to know more about what was going on before the clip was taken before passing judgement on it. Unless you were there or more evidence is brought to light, thing that cn be said is that it appears that excessive force was used, but unless you were there, who knows for sure?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'll bet that was one of those super fast modified wheelchairs and the cops knew they could not keep up with it if the suspect tried to flee. Most likely they were just dishing out punishment, cuz the law says they can't. It is very frustrating for cops not to be able to punish people as most of them got into law enforcement for that reason.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn

Originally posted by Klose
I think it's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to jump on the cops in this case. This video only cuts in when the action takes place. We don't know what happened before or what the guy SAID. Yeh he's in a wheelchair, but if he threatened an officer and inferred he had a gun or other weapon, the officers are 100% justified to throw him to the pavement.

Then if they thought he was armed, why did they not search him or the chair after they had slam-dunked him, because they KNEW he was no threat to them. They do these sort of things because people like you turn a blind eye and say " well he must have done something wrong ".

That's a good point, but in many cases it's best to err on the side of caution, esp when this is your daily grind. I've trained with police/FBI/CIA/military on a regular basis, and the primary concern is the safety of the officer, not the criminal. People have been known to carry HIV/Hep tainted needles, knives, guns, you name it. A lot of these guys are not people you want to 'wrestle around' with...IE lice infested, extremely dirty, etc.

With that said, the officer didn't need to to reap the guy's leg, that's a difficult breakfall to take even for a decent practitioner. Lots of other ways to make this take down happen without splitting the guys head. So yah, I think he prob needed to be taken down and cuffed, but there is a good chance they were too zealous. Might be an issue of not enough training or possibly frustration.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Klose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Stop rationalizing this situation, stop defending the officers, stop doing this.

There are numerous videos of the exact same scenario's popping up on the net like mushrooms.

All you people need to worry about is. How can we stop this police state in rising?
I am here living in the Netherlands and I feel there is little I can do. But you over there can make a difference. Just stop rationalizing and get that thought ''they won't turn against us'' out of your mind. They will and they already have. They no longer serve the people, they no longer serve the constitution. They now serve their Masters.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is what happens when you permit a bunch of armed overweight inbred doughnut addicted thugs to roam your streets.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Type of crap we now see on a daily basis. I don't know for sure if someone has already said this but it's similar to a scene in the movie "Training Day". It really sucks that this is real.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
Stop rationalizing this situation, stop defending the officers, stop doing this.

There are numerous videos of the exact same scenario's popping up on the net like mushrooms.

All you people need to worry about is. How can we stop this police state in rising?
I am here living in the Netherlands and I feel there is little I can do. But you over there can make a difference. Just stop rationalizing and get that thought ''they won't turn against us'' out of your mind. They will and they already have. They no longer serve the people, they no longer serve the constitution. They now serve their Masters.

I understand your worry about the police state, but lets get real. It's not like they have meetings and inform these officers to go out and "abuse your power." These are guys who walk these streets daily, and prob have created some (somewhat) unjustified judgments and prejudices. They see a certain 'type' of people doing something on a regular basis and are quick to jump to conclusions. That's the reality of the situation. What I'm more worried about are police forces that have a direct tie to the real elites, similar to the Gustapo or Stasi. Most cops are totally regular guys, mostly good guys, with a few exceptions (as there are with any job).

If this bothers you try a visit to Singapore....undercover cops everywhere, corporal punishment, really 1984 style. That sort of thing is what I'm worried about, not a couple cops bashing a guy that likely was pushing the limits with the cops (if you spit on a bully he's apt to punch you in the face).

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think that the classic line from Judge Dread said it best of all to illustrate the arrogance that often comes with power, " I AM the law ". I wonder if when they get home, they give their little girls a big hug, while they say " Daddy I am proud that you are keeping the world safe ", or perhaps they just give their wives a good kicking !

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

We are too scared to do anything. Here in America, you can go to jail for interfering with police business. Plus you never know if one will freak out and shoot you (they carry guns here). And if you go to jail here, you can screw up your whole life. When we apply for jobs, there is a box to check if you have been convicted of a crime. Many employers will just pass you over if this is the case. Also, forget being able to get a concealed weapons permit, or volunteer at your kid's school.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
here's a video of UK cops dragging a man with Cerebral Palsy of of his wheel chair. Apperntly he was "rolling" towards the police.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Police are the same as our society, the bad ones keep growing in number and the good ones are the last of a dying breed. I hate to say it but in 10-20 years from now, this will probably be considered normal behavior for the brain washed majority and the days of not living in fear to these thugs will be a thing of the past.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

Thanks for posting the link to the article in the Washington Post. I hadn't seen that.

Now, let's forget about the guy in the wheelchair being slammed to the ground as I believe we all agree that it was excessive and uncalled for.

However, according to the article in the Washington Post, the man had two opportunities to remove himself from the situation before it escalated out of control:

1. When he was spotted with the open container he could have left as requested and

2. When he was told he was being issued a citation, he could have accepted it and used it for toilet paper when he got home.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Personally I don't see any signs of actual resistance of arrest here, but without seeing a few minutes prior its impossible to really know. Aside from that, its clear that some police do need to be TRAINED in having more discression in a case by case basis.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My further assesment is, theres no reason they should have to beat this man down. Odds are good he probaly spit on the officer, and with that said, should be brought in.. But if a police officer or two cannot bring a man in a wheelchair in, without beating him up, you probably shouldnt be a police officer. Same goes for the cops tazing that kid on the baseball field.. Learn to respect the people even if you think they are a suspect or culprit.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
They should have tied a tow rope to the back of the police car and towed him and his wheelchair right to the station.That way he could at least continue drinking till he got down to the station.He must have been drinking kettle one vodka,it delivers serious octane.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
People need to stop being sentimental when judging this videos.

It's a fact that you don't know the thing's that happened before the video starts. Period.

It's a guy in a wheelchair, but since you know that in this world there are mothers who kill their infants, it's not that far stretched to think that maybe just because someone is in a wheelchair, doesn't make him a better person.

I'm not defending the cops, nor the guy in a wheelchair. For this sort of things we have courts, we have lawyers and all the other bunch. I support that things get viral to gain support, when the cause is rightful (the case of the guy in wheelchair in the UK, as a good example of that), but not just because someone got slammed to the floor.

It's not the end of the world, and it's not the end of life to anyone in this story. So get over it.

I love to see the "pacifists" and "rightful" people in here, slamming the police because of videos like these. Don't wanna burst your bubble, but being a pacifist isn't about hating the military and law enforcement. Being a pacifist means that you refuse violance, not order and not the professionals that sustain it.

Too many people use the flag of peace for actual agendas that have nothing to do with a peaceful coexistence with everyone around them. It's just an excuse to oppose any sort of authority. And it's quite sad, because when they need it, they will be the first to call the people who they dismiss as being a equal human being.

If people would care more about doing the right thing, instead of just opposing and trashing things, subjects and situations, the world would be a better place.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Ok to comment on the video at face value, yes I do believe this is one of the cases where they could have used a better method to restrain him.

I do not agree with LIFTING the guy out of the chair and throwing him to the ground. Pulling him from the chair directly to the ground would have been an easier way to handle the situation while limiting the possibility for serious injury.

Were the police justified in using force? Yes, the man was to be placed under arrest. What that crime was is not specified in the video. He obviously resisted arrest in the video.

This would be considered excessive force not brutal force. The police were justified to use force but used an amount that would be considered excessive by a reasonable officer. No criminal charges should be brought upon the officers because to have a crime you have to prove criminal intent. A prosecutor would be hard pressed to prove the officer's intent was to criminally assault him. An investigation should be launched and departmental charges should be issued and the officers should be disciplined.

Anything after that is unreasonable. This includes claiming all cops are bad and soliciting for violence against all police officer. Just plain unreasonable.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I wish we knew what the guy did to see if there was even a semi-logical explanation for this.

Like someone else said though, it's starting to not surprise me, the things a man with a uniform will do..

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join