It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Armada Over Canada - 21st May '11

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It looks like Chinese lanterns that are being released and drifting with the air. Bogus video, people need to think more logically.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Nice find, I dont know what it is about this video. It makes me want to punch some one in the face. i'm not sure why ?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

yes
to answer your question
here in the UK they are a couple of quid each
so yes they are that common

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Do what you will with this one - but looks and sounds pretty authentic to me -
]

so
lovely
chinese
lanterns
again.
so
lovely
lack
of
normal
CAM.

addendum:
some are linked, some not, that's all.
good night.
edit on 22-5-2011 by potential_problem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I wonder why there aren't any "UFO armadas" reported in Thailand and other Asian countries

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8580377e1d95.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
They will lift the veil soon.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
i'd have to say lanterns, the objects move steadily up and to the right

That explanation is getting so overused now. How do you explain them blinking in and out?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sarahraeann

i hate to point it out...i wish it were true as much as you. (i did see one up close when i was a kid. it's in my intro thread) (of course, after being a member here, i think it may have been that military triangle tr3b
but it was only like 60 feet away :wow

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by diamount

if a puff of wind gets in there (think walking with a candle) the flame peters out a bit.

i would hope that visitors from another planet, finally revealing themselves, would do something better than float lazily.

i wish it were true, but need more compelling evidence than this.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I'm fine with them being lanterns, but it seemed a little quick to call it open and shut. They drift at different speeds, why would they do that if the wind is guiding them? One member thought the passing plane looked to be closer than the objects, which no one addressed. Another member, if I understood them correctly, thought the objects were moving contrary to the prevailing winds for the area. It's okay to be reasonably sure about something, it's altogether different to be instantly certain - I try to leave that to the religious fanatics.

That being said, if this were an alien fleet, I'd think someone else would have seen it, and a cursory glance at the web came up with no other sightings.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
reply to post by diamount

if a puff of wind gets in there (think walking with a candle) the flame peters out a bit.

i would hope that visitors from another planet, finally revealing themselves, would do something better than float lazily.

i wish it were true, but need more compelling evidence than this.

I'm not saying these objects are of extraterrestrial origin, but the lantern explanation does not hold water in this case. You'd think wind at that height would blow them away from formation, not just flicker the flame on and off.. also you'd expect the wind to blow it out completley at that height.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45

Originally posted by darkest4
reply to post by reesie45

Because alot of people are mean spirited and like to laugh at others? Same reason people "troll" message forums, or make/spread viruses that break your computer or grief/cheat in video games etc. There doesn't even have to be financial game or fame to be had for people to make hoaxes, which is just another reason more people on this forum should be skeptical of everything posted here and demand proof.
Yeah....Its sad how cruel our fellow man is isn't it? makes me want to move away with my family to a vacant island where i make my own rules and we live off the land like humans used to. Away from everyone and everything. Thats my true dream.

I don't think it's always out of cruelty. A lot of people do things like this just because they want attention. It might seem silly to do something like that to get attention, but some apparently feel that's the best way to go about it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by prodomino
Nice find, I dont know what it is about this video. It makes me want to punch some one in the face. i'm not sure why ?

I don't know what it is either, but that comment makes me think you might need some therapy.

Regardless, interesting video OP. I'm not sure what it is, but my best guess would be sky lanterns, as they behave in the exact same way as most examples I've seen. I did notice one or two of them make sudden movements, which is the only thing that would point in another direction. I'll keep an eye on this thread in hopes that somebody solves the mystery. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
For me they are looking like chinese lanterns.And iam really not a scaptic about the ufo phenomenon.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This are Chinese lanterns. You don't need to be advanced UFOlogist to find that. They are very popular in the lat years but they also are easy to be recognized.
edit on 23-5-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz
This are Chinese lanterns. You don't need to be advanced UFOlogist to find that. They are very popular in the lat years but they also are easy to be recognized.
edit on 23-5-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)
Well I think Chinese lanterns are a stupid idea. They give people false hope of aliens.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Just had to join to get my two cents in on this. I'm not exactly sure about what's being video taped in this clip. Could it be Chinese lanterns? - Yeah, it's possible. Could it be UFOs? Maybe - I do believe that ETs exist and I've seen some crazy things in the night's sky which I won't elaborate on at the moment. However, after watching this clip I thought to myself, how could I recreate this? So here's how I would do it and the materials needed.

1.) Rent a large tank of helium from my local party planning store.
2.) Purchase overszied ballons in various colors and transparent ones as well.
3.) Purchase bright LEDs from my local electronics store.
4.) Purchase a bunch of 12V batteries for $5.00 each, rip them open and get 8 button cells out of each one. (Seriously, you get $40.00 worth of button cells out of one 12V battery purchased for $5.00. You save $35.00)
5.) Wire up the LEDs and batteries.
6.) Put them in helium ballons.
7.) Fill up the ballons.
8.) Release the ballons all at once at the appropriate time.
9.) The night's sky and wind do the rest.

Well that's my two cents.
edit on 23-5-2011 by totalperdition because: HTML code didn't work.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have personally released about 50 chinese lanterns, for celebrations not hoaxes. I can buy these at the local dollar store, they are really cheap. I can even imagine the group of buddies releasing them as I watch the video. One person lights one, a few seconds later lights another. "Hey let's light two at the same time, ok now three".

They do tend to move at different speeds, but not really, its just the way they react to the wind and which way the heat gets shifted around inside of them and all the other subtle ways a wind can effects things. You can tell at the end that they are just slowly dimming out as the fire smolders down and they fade away.

It's just a fun thing to know people in the area are saying "Oooh look up there!", but I always assumed people could figure out what they were. It's funny to think that some paranoid dude somewhere is putting on his tinfoil hat, although it is not intended to be a hoax or scare people.

Its just like kids lighting sparklers at a party, they are cheap and fun to watch.

Just accept that they are lanterns for truths sake!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

u have a mirror and the door is open and your reflecting the image off a computer screen/tv onto a the mirror which is reflecting it off the door window.

thats what it looks like to me? u can see a line in the middle of your camera where it blurs/distorts like theres a invisble glass/door in the way?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join