It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture is not occuring as scheduled!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I can see how everyone would think that Mr. Camping got it wrong seeing as he is still here. What really happened was that 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses from around the world have been raptured to prepare for the judgment and the number was too small to notice

edit on 21-5-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
I can't believe some of you are "dissapointed" and really expected something to happen.

I am only disappointed that a crowd hasn't shown up at his home or station with torches and pitchforks.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ah but the rapture did occur...

...turns out we are all damned.

Cosmic...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It's 6:45pm where I am. Go figure, God's fashionably late to his own party!

I still can't believe people believed this BS. The upside is that we have an ample amount of fodder to amuse ourselves with

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
In all honesty I do not believe most people on ATS believe any of this was going to happen. I think it just brought us a little entertainment for a few days.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't know of a single person that would be raptured even if it did occur...People here have turned mean as hell now and I don't know of anyone that deserves to get a free ticket out of here.....

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Christian clarity...
Regardless about how the 'Book of Revelation' is interpreted, people will continuously mess up its overall message. Some will exploit it for wealth, and others will gloss over it as a fairy tail. If people actually read the biblical scripture, they would have not missed two important passages. Although the 'Book of Revelation' says otherwise, two specific passages from Christ's own words speaks volumes (New Testament).

Matthew 24:36-44

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[a] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Mark 13:32-37

The Day and Hour Unknown
32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard! Be alert[e]! You do not know when that time will come. 34 It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.

35 “Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36 If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37 What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’”

What does this all mean? God knows about psychology. Get it? If you don't know when he will return, you will live your life believing he will come at any moment. Its a psychological tactic to get you to behave.

What about the 'Book of Revelation? If you go back and check your biblical history, the 'Book of Revelation' was added many-many decades later. It is not another section to the 'New Testament'. Its an entirely separate book all together, and it is not as important as the 'New and Old Testaments'. It was originally dismissed by Christianity.

Will Christ come back? Yes.
When? We don't know.
Will we see it coming? No.

edit on 5/21/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I couldn't give a crap about the rapture anyway. We should all stay put and sort this place out together, not a select group disappear while the rest are left with an even harder job. The whole idea stinks to me. People wanting to be taken away in a rapture and leave the rest behind might need to have a good look at themselves.

It takes looking for an easy way out to a whole new level.
edit on 21-5-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Anyone know anything about this? Didnt the guy say it would start in new zealand?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deezy
Anyone know anything about this? Didnt the guy say it would start in new zealand?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Oh come on, there's only 5 mins left of the day here! Talk about leaving it late. Anyone wanting to rapture me away : shove it. I'm not leaving the rest of the species behind. Take some other douchebag.
edit on 21-5-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow!!! Speaking of Raptured..... I live in Northen Ontario, and it's just happened to me! She's absolutely beautiful, wild and Heaven sent! Thanks God!

link   
Here's a long video about Harold Camping from 2002:

www.youtube.com...=4275

This guy sets out a very clear case that Camping is anti-scriptural. It contains lots of short snippets of Camping making claims on his radio programme. The worst statement Camping makes is that the Holy Spirit is no longer operating within the churches.

This is a no no. The guy in this video very clearly shows why this is unscriptural, so I will not bother to go over the same points here.

link   
Thats not the point! 21 or 22... Earthquake happened an hour ago didnt it? Someone needs to research this. also one in indonesia 5.0

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It's good to know that a lot of ATS members survived the world destruction and can still post here. I haven't gotten out of the house yet since yesterday, btw.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
Wow!!! Speaking of Raptured..... I live in Northen Ontario, and it's just happened to me! She's absolutely beautiful, wild and Heaven sent! Thanks God!

Wait up, what? The rapture means dropping off hot women at your house?

OK I take it back guys, I'm with you. Count me in.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
First of all 5.0 earthquakes are a dime a dozen.

Second of all, let me put it this way. I didnt think it was actually going to happen, I was just looking forward to it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
They are bunch of scammers trying to rip off fools who believes whatever is put in front of them.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Ufokrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The "rapture" has begun in Iceland...a volcano has started to erupt. I guess this as close as it's going to get unless there are more coincidences. _javascript:icon('
')

www.abc.net.au...

edit on 5/21/2011 by ontarff because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/21/2011 by ontarff because: Add text.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join