It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Aides: Netanyahu Will NEVER Do What It Takes To Achieve Mideast Peace

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Food for thought....The Israeli opposition leader supports the intent of Obama's speech about the borders...

Livni praises Obama, blasts Netanyahu

Israeli opposition leader Tzipi Livni praised President Obama’s Middle East policy speech and warned that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was opening a rift with the United States by criticizing it. "An American president that supports a two-state solution represents the Israeli interest and is not anti-Israeli," Livni, the leader of Israel’s Kadima Party, said on Friday. "President Obama's call to start negotiations represents Israel's interests."

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I think it's high time the USA receives a new President who has done minimum of 4 years military service. This should be compulsary for any man who runs for the presidency.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by misnomer68

Livni will NEVER become Israel's PM, therefore, whatever she says means squat!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by macman

I think it's high time the USA receives a new President who has done minimum of 4 years military service. This should be compulsary for any man who runs for the presidency.

i think its high time, israel gets a new prime minister, one who has a can do attitude, not one who automatically says no we cant do it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Something is definately up
I'm glad at the facade though, people need to wake up but something is up though
it being something that is up is not a conspiracy theory as far as i'm concerned

Here's something interesting:

“The President gave a speech today about our foreign policy in the Middle East, and once again this administration has proven that it does not understand a proper foreign policy for America.

“Israel is our close friend. While President Obama’s demand that Israel make hard concessions in her border conflicts may very well be in her long-term interest, only Israel can make that determination on her own, without pressure from the United States or coercion by the United Nations.

“Unlike this President, I do not believe it is our place to dictate how Israel runs her affairs. There can only be peace in the region if those sides work out their differences among one another. We should respect Israel’s sovereignty and not try to dictate her policy from Washington.

“I am not the only one who can see the absurdities of our foreign policy. We give $3 billion to Israel and $12 billion to her enemies. Most Americans know that makes no sense.

“We need to come to our senses, trade with our friends in the Middle East (both Arab and Israeli), clean up our own economic mess so we set a good example, and allow them to work out their own conflicts.”

eon.businesswire.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

she is EXACTLY what israel needs. this issue has not been resolved and has dragged on for so long solely because narrow minded fear driven men have been allowed to lead israel.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

This is interesting
ATS, can we have a smiley eating popcorn?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

ATS, can we have a smiley eating popcorn?

I would LOVE one of those.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Duh?

Netanayahu is a nutjob. I hope Israel have elections soon and he gets the boot, along with Lieberman, the other nutjob.

Without these two pricks, maybe Israel will finally have peace.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Now as the youtube comment says

The most public rebuke of an American President by an ally ever.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

of course he won't. Israel has to keep the pot stirred all of the time. Their "reasoning" in regards to borders is ignorant and I fail to see how any person with common sense can back, support and defend Israel in any way. Israel is not an anchor of peace in that region, but simply a target for those who can see thru their smoke and mirror rhetoric.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
israel won't survive if they give up that land. its the high ground. if they give it up, war will break out, and israel won't necessarily win. we may not even back them. they're not going to give it up willingly.

lets wait and see what happens. this was a dumb move by the president, it even went against etiquette. usually a discussion is held before such a thing is asked. but who needs discussion when you have change you can believe in!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

she is EXACTLY what israel needs. this issue has not been resolved and has dragged on for so long solely because narrow minded fear driven men have been allowed to lead israel.

When Livni was serving as a foreign minister, Israel was engaged in two major military operations, Second Lebanon war and Cast lead in Gaza.
Is that your Idea of :” Exactly what Israel needs” ?

Some people here think that the conflict can be resolved like with two Europeans having a chat over a cup of coffee. Only people ignorant of how things work in the middle east and arrogant enough to think they know anything about that region from thousands of miles away, can make such decelerations.

Arabs respect and fear strength, but they will chop your head with the slightest sign of weakness.
That is the language Netanyahu is using, and during his first and second term, terror activities reduced dramaticaly. This is what Obama, Livni and the rest of the faint hearted lefty lot fail to understand.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

"Today, the president outlined his hopes for Mideast peace – a goal that we all share – but failed to articulate a serious plan for achieving this goal," Cantor said in a statement. "This approach undermines our special relationship with Israel and weakens our ally’s ability to defend itself."

"The President’s habit of drawing a moral equivalence between the actions of the Palestinians and the Israelis while assessing blame for the conflict is, in and of itself, harmful to the prospect for peace. In reality, Israel - since its creation - has always proven willing to make the sacrifices necessary for peace, while the Palestinians on numerous occasions have rejected those offers."

I hate this # that our politicians spew. Isreal's only sacrifice it has even made is bullets into the bodies of unarmed protesters.

I wonder if anyone bothered to ask Mr.Cantor to explain this "special relationship" and why it that way

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think Israel's endgame is land, they will never allow peace until they have all Palestinian land.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo007

I think Israel's endgame is land, they will never allow peace until they have all Palestinian land.

all wars are fought for land (or water). Every single one. That is the reason I've known from the start the war on terror war bogus.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by ThinkingCap

So we build Israel up with 17 billion dollars a year - And then we decide we're against them just in time for another "Great War". Mhm.

Why not 1000 trillions dollars a year.... At least get the figures right. A very generous US aid is on average 2 billion dollars per year. Which is a lot. Which is still not 17 billion.
And US will not go to war with Israel, at least not in foreseeble future. It is political games, Obama wants to be re-elected. With head of Osama AND Israelis/Palestinians peace agreement (working or not irrelevant by the way) it is very good possibility.
Netanyahu also wants to be re-elected. By signing with enigmatic Fatah/Hamas coalition and returning to 1967 borders without eliminating chance of return of Palestinian refugees he has no possibility of this.
Given the direction of flow of the money Netanyahu is in very bad position, but he simply cannot agree.

If anything it was a suicide attempt by president obama. Even the democrats support israel and I will not talk about the republicans who are the staunchest of allies. Dumb, dumb, dumb move! You have to be completely devoid of middle eastern history or an ardent jewish hater to belive the anti-zionist bs propaganda.

Some people NEVER give up though..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
An EXCELLENT Analysis of Obama's Speech!

Wow, I gotta admit

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I truly cannot comprehend the depth of the mutual hatred which compels people to treat each other this way.

I cannot accept it as a matter of course.

The violence and all-consuming conflict will not end until they WANT it to end.

We should let them find the solution that natural law provides.

Anything else just messes things up further.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

Give a Dishonest Man enough Rope , and he will Eventually Hang Himself . Case in Point , the Imposter President............

edit on 20-5-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join