It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Aides: Netanyahu Will NEVER Do What It Takes To Achieve Mideast Peace

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
Of all the ignorant things this president has done..... this may be one of the biggest.

Is he so ignorant to believe that giving in to Palestinians desires will change things????

You could remove all the jews and israel from Jerusalem and the Muslims will still find a reason to hate America and everything that is not Muslims.

The most ignorant belief is thinking a person could take actions that would solve the conflict. America and western countries are the muslims scapegoats for all their failures. Someone will always need someone to blame for their failures.

This president is a joke.

Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu made Obama look like a fool for 9 minutes.
That lecture by Netanyahu was the perfect body language display. Obama was
counting the seconds so he could run out of that room! Total domination by
the prime minister.

Obama never looked weaker.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by FuGGer

Give a Dishonest Man enough Rope , and he will Eventually Hang Himself . Case in Point , the Imposter President............

edit on 20-5-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

As an added bonus Hillary Clinton also got yelled at by Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu.
-------------------------------
Amateur hour at the White House. Get those clowns out of there!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Well, come on......Obama has ZERO experience as a politician and is the most incompetant US President of all time.

Netanyahu did his military service, got involved in Politics early and has been around since the 1960s, becoming PM not once but twice. As much as I'm nto a big fan of Netanyahu, he is one of the most brillant Israeli Prime Ministers Israel has ever had....although he was never able to out run Ariel Sharon. Israel is technically in a state of war 24/7, no Israeli PM can afford to show any weakness.

Obama did what for his country? The man can hardly hold a 5 minute conversation without a telepromp. Obama is not the brightest of sparks and far from a man of having any intellectual capability.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Maybe it's time for President Joe Biden to take over.
Obama is a joke.
Whoever is filling up that teleprompter is in charge. Obama is just along for
the ride.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu made Obama look like a fool for 9 minutes.
That lecture by Netanyahu was the perfect body language display. Obama was
counting the seconds so he could run out of that room! Total domination by
the prime minister.

Obama never looked weaker.

I disagree, Netanyahu was being the same old Netanyahu..........."we can't do it""....."we cant' do it I tell ya!"
"The more I build illegal settlements in the occupied territories......the more I can find an excuse as to why we can't defend our 1967 borders."

Obama for his part gave him that look "You foolish foolish man.........you've given Hamas all the ammunition they need to continue this conflict"

Netanyahu is not a man of peace.......irrespective of what the Palestinians do.

Sure it will take a brave Israeli PM to be bold enough to hold out a true olive branch to the Palestinians.....but Netanyahu was never ever going to be that man.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I always find it a little ironic when people use the old "Hamas refuses to recognise the state of Israel" line.
Israel, after all, has yet to officially define it's borders and refuses at every opportunity to allow a Palestinian state, yet nobody seems to mention that little nugget!

All I saw on the news was Obama being dictated to by Nutty-yahoo and taking the punishment like a good little servant.

Shouldn't be so harsh on Obama though, it's not like he is the first President to be told what he can and cannot do by Israel, and he won't be the last.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Shouldn't be so harsh on Obama though, it's not like he is the first President to be told what he can and cannot do by Israel, and he won't be the last.

I think that Netanyahu has scored an own goal...........by giving this "lecture" to Obama.......Netanyahu has been seen to appear to be the main barrier to peace......and Hamas are lapping it up!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's one big farce. The Israeli government is not interested in peace, Obama couldn't care less - he simply pretends he does. If he tells the world that Netanyahu 'will never do what it takes', he will be more favored in the Middle East as well as among American muslims.

If Obama really had the guts, he would force Israel to accept a peace treaty based on the borders of 1967 and believe me, the most powerful man in the world could do so. But oh I forgot, Obama is a puppet of lobbyist regimes like AIPAC and Monsanto and he does exactly as they please. Perhaps not in words, but definitely in acts.

You don't seriously believe that the Israeli government would ever tell its settlers to leave their illegal settlements. Yes, maybe ten or twenty settlements, but definitely not all of them. All Israel would gain is internal division and unrest. No, keeping Palestinians in an open prison is more effective. They stay poor, hopeless and the only serious threat is a rocket every now and then.

It is going to be interesting to see what happens to the future of Israel when the US ceases to be a superpower or when they lack the financial resources to continue supporting Israel. In my opinion, Israel should take the opportunity to make peace before it is too late and Hezbollah or Iran will take advantage of this situation to come.

Peace is the only solution. It is time for Israel to accept that. On the other hand, Hamas must acknowledge Israel's right to exist. Should they do so and betray Israel afterwards, the world should not complain if Israel bombs the hell out of Palestine.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Can't stand him either; always with a stupid smirk on his face.

Whose running for the 2012 election campaign? I know about Ron Paul and Cain......

anyone else?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

The Palestinian/Israeli issue is so complicated, most people don't fully understand Middle East politics let alone Israeli politics.

May I also mention, any Middle Eastern leader who commits to a peace treaty with Israel is always assassinated, that includes those who have an "under the table" agreements or a "hudna" with Israel.

"Palestine" as an established state can not exist geographically in it's present form even with swap of land. The easier and more affective way of these people estabishing a state is in Jordan where 80% of it's population are Palestinian anyhow. Jordan was part of greater Israel, days gone by. The Jordanians are well established and generally quite progressive compared to their brethen in Gaza and Judea/Sumeria. Except the Jordanians don't want them either.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

If the USA ceases to become a superpower tomorrow; that gap will be filled by Israel and India. Yes.....India; not a country to be underestimated while all eyes are glued to China.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

If the USA ceases to become a superpower tomorrow; that gap will be filled by Israel and India. Yes.....India; not a country to be underestimated while all eyes are glued to China.

Israel is already the regional "super power" with it's military hardware supplied courtesy of the good old US of A.

But it would become severely weakened if ever the military ties with America were ever severed.....and that is partially one reason why Israel would rather continue its war with Palestinians.

As for India.......a rapidly growing economy for sure.........but potential "Super power"....NO.
India have enough trouble with Pakistan!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Israel is already the regional "super power" with its military hardware supplied courtesy of the good old US of A.

But it would become severely weakened if ever the military ties with America were ever severed.....and that is partially one reason why Israel would rather continue its war with Palestinians.

As for India.......a rapidly growing economy for sure.........but potential "Super power"....NO.
India have enough trouble with Pakistan!
edit on 21-5-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Peace is the only solution. It is time for Israel to accept that. On the other hand, Hamas must acknowledge Israel's right to exist. Should they do so and betray Israel afterwards, the world should not complain if Israel bombs the hell out of Palestine.

As long as defense spending and pseudo-religions are big business, there will never be peace.

People are foolish enough to believe in some all-encompassing zionist conspiracy as though jews rule transnational corporatism and banking. Guess what elitism is for all races and especially those that got on the boat early.

Sorry there is the "truth" that everyone thinks they know and then there is the truth that few know/comprehend. In the meantime zionism serves as a convenient scapegoat for the nobility because they understand the masses are too naive and/or fearful of doing research. That is why they don't have to take "fringe" sites down!

edit on 5/21/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

You obviously don't know about all the Israeli technology your military uses.........you kinda forgot about that, did'nt you!!!

Yes Israel is the regional power of the Middle East but I say again....while all your beady eyes are firmly set on China, India is making very good progress. If Pakistan went to war with India tomorrow, Pakistan will be no more.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Seems to me there is a Cabal of Powerful Forces that want to see the State Of Israel Destroyed . Their Influence is Everywhere , even in the White House . Obama's recent comments reflect that , and also prove to me that the man is just a Puppet Dancing on a String.......

edit on 21-5-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Maybe it's time for President Joe Biden to take over.
Obama is a joke.
Whoever is filling up that teleprompter is in charge. Obama is just along for
the ride.

Actually not a bad idea, Biden is a complete dick, he would probably tell old Ben that going back to the '67 borders isn't a big F-ing deal and then fall asleep at the press conference.

edit on 21-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Thank you for a sober, factual assessment -- something that is hard to find in some of these comments.

As the concentration camp lifestyle of the Palestinian people becomes common knowledge, Americans are finding it more and more difficult to justify Israel's position.

They aren't Palestinians. Most Muslims in the West Bank and Gaza strip, their parents/grandparents immigrated to the "Palestine Mandate" after the Jew's showed up because there was an economic boom because of the Israeli's.

And another thing, the Israeli's have shown great restraint in regards to the "Palestinian" dog's. Any-other nation if stuck dealing with such a terrorist neighbor would of just wiped them out. It is funny how the Muslims claim Jerusalem as their own(Just like they demand a return of Iberia and the Balkans because they where once part of their Islamic Empire at one time) just because it was Holy to and still is Holy to Judaism.

"As a person who grew up in the Christian faith, I think all muslims should be treated like rabid dog's until they return Egypt the Coptic's and the Holy city of Constantinople to Christiandom."

That is pretty much what the "Palestinians" and their supporters sound like.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just keep in mind Barak offered everything the Palestinians could ever want; Barak handed it all to them on a gold plate all their requests.....guess what.......the Palestinians REFUSED !!!

HELLO, anyone home?
edit on 22-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There is simply no reason for Israel to try to find peace. Conflict is profitable to them. They gain land, they gain blind support of Christians in other countries and they gain billions of dollars in aid from the United States.

As long as they continue to play the Biblical and the Antisemitism cards, they can can carry on for an eternity.

Frankly, Obama is right, they will never do what it takes. Since, they don't want peace. There is no profit or power to be found in peace for them.

Personally, I admire Obama for coming and challenging Israel. Something most U.S. politicians won't due to fear of upsetting Christian supporters who blindly support Israel. Now I am not saying all Christians are like that, but there is a percentage that are.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join