It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Aides: Netanyahu Will NEVER Do What It Takes To Achieve Mideast Peace

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Obama To Aides: Netanyahu Will NEVER Do What It Takes To Achieve Mideast Peace

www.haaretz. com

U.S. President Barack Obama does not think Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will ever make the concessions necessary to achieve a Middle East peace deal, the New York Times cited Obama aides as saying on Friday.

The comments attributed to associates of the U.S. president comes amid what is turning become into a veritable war of words between Israel and the U.S., following Obama's Mideast strategy speech on Thursday in which the American leader voiced his support for a Palestinian state based o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
wow. its true. obama said it.
i applaud obama for telling it like it is. it is high time for the "game" to stop.

www.haaretz. com
edit on 20/5/11 by FuGGer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Now he just has to add the reciprocal statement: The United States will never allow a peace deal to be signed between Palestine and Israel either.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Appears Obama's CIA schooling didn't include History classes...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So we build Israel up with 17 billion dollars a year - And then we decide we're against them just in time for another "Great War". Mhm.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well if they stay true to form, the course of action for the Obama administration is clear:

NETANYAHU MUST DIE!

/sarcasm

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TonyBravada

Yeah. Something is up. What are they pushing for now? Because no one, not Obama, not any president, is going to turn on Israel without a punchline coming down the pike. We just dont know what it is yet.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I dont believe the world will be happy until Jerusalem is taken from the Jews. Even then, anyone that believes peace is attainable and sustainable is a wisher. Once Jerusalem is fully returned to the Muslims, the next step will be to return Palestine to the Palestinians, and the Jews will have to either submit to a Palestinian government or find a new place to live. Maybe Im just being overly pessamistic...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

So we build Israel up with 17 billion dollars a year - And then we decide we're against them just in time for another "Great War". Mhm.

Why not 1000 trillions dollars a year.... At least get the figures right. A very generous US aid is on average 2 billion dollars per year. Which is a lot. Which is still not 17 billion.
And US will not go to war with Israel, at least not in foreseeble future. It is political games, Obama wants to be re-elected. With head of Osama AND Israelis/Palestinians peace agreement (working or not irrelevant by the way) it is very good possibility.
Netanyahu also wants to be re-elected. By signing with enigmatic Fatah/Hamas coalition and returning to 1967 borders without eliminating chance of return of Palestinian refugees he has no possibility of this.
Given the direction of flow of the money Netanyahu is in very bad position, but he simply cannot agree.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Of all the ignorant things this president has done..... this may be one of the biggest.

Is he so ignorant to believe that giving in to Palestinians desires will change things????

You could remove all the jews and israel from Jerusalem and the Muslims will still find a reason to hate America and everything that is not Muslims.

The most ignorant belief is thinking a person could take actions that would solve the conflict. America and western countries are the muslims scapegoats for all their failures. Someone will always need someone to blame for their failures.

This president is a joke.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Thank you for a sober, factual assessment -- something that is hard to find in some of these comments.

As the concentration camp lifestyle of the Palestinian people becomes common knowledge, Americans are finding it more and more difficult to justify Israel's position.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Time for Israel to go it alone. They don't need the support of this political opportunist.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

Yeah, but he is probably right and this is just political chatter as we ramp up to the next election. The truth is, Americans have long been aware of the situation in Palestine, and many of us already dont like it. Its not suddenly become apparent. America has long been divided into two camps on the issue. Those that will defend Israel no matter what, and those who want justice.

The idea that this is just a political ploy to show how tough he is, (standing up to Israel) and how fair he is, etc., is a very good one. It could be the punchline behind all this current Israel stuff. The one thing I am sure of is that we really wont force real change there. This issue has literally been going on all my life, and Obama isnt a real change agent.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

People say what is going on in the Middle East and now Israel? My thoughts for what they are worth. After listening to Obama speech and currently to the speech with Obama and the PM of Israel. It has Club of Rome all over it. Unlike the news media trying to say they were attempting to make up. It sounded more to me the PM of Israel was pleading his case of why they can't do what Obama called for. I couldn't help but wondered if and what they had been threatened with? The Club of Rome has had a plan in place for some years to create 10 World regions to replace independent Nations. Region one is North American Union which we all know is currently in the process of coming about. Region 7 is in the area of all the turmoil across North Africa and the Middle East including Israel. I have wondered how this group of hostile people and countries could ever be brought together into Region 7 ? As I listened to Obamas speech yesterday when he spoke of joining the area together like the EU made my ears perk up. They have a history of announcing things before they begin carrying out their plans without ever explaining or the media picking it up.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The US may give Israel 2 Billion in foreign aid each year, but don't forget how heavily vested our military industrial complex is with Israeli contracting companies in the defense industry. In truth, Israel's relationship with the US is very profitable... unfortunately, the reverse does not appear to be true... except maybe for our politicians and corporate super-citizens.... I should stop now before I'm targeted.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just listened to the press conference.
The title needs to be written as such:
"Obama to aids: Netanyahu did not do what i said"

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
wow. its true. obama said it.
i applaud obama for telling it like it is. it is high time for the "game" to stop.

www.haaretz. com
edit on 20/5/11 by FuGGer because: (no reason given)

Even if he said it, isn't words cheap? Actions speak louder than words.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well heck, I could have told him that. And Hamas will never realize Israels right to exist. Neither side wants peace yet we sit here like their both children and spend all the money and take all the risks. We should sell both side nuclear weapons so they can blow each other off the map. Who doesn't know that is one day going to happen. Why not speed it up make it fair and let them get it on.?

Buch Idiot's live in that part of the world, all over religion. Thta just blow's my mind. And here is the punch line they both worship the same God lol. And they have no clue.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You really think a highly intelligent man, who has done military service in his own country, held the Premiership twice is going to listen to what some incompetant president; who has never done military service, produces fake birth certificates, lies about his education (did he ever make it past high school?) ???

Whats the bet Obama is too threatened by Netanyahu's intellectual abilities to be left in a room alone with the Prime Minister?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Oh I agree.
I think it is ridiculous that Obama thinks he has any say on the affairs of Israel.
A prime example why Obama is Doofus in Chief.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join