It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Chinese General: "China does not have the capibilitay to challange the US."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
reply to post by JerryB08

"In an area that you are strong, make him think you are weak..."
The Art of War, Sun Tzu

Americans believe this Chinese general at your own risk... you have been warned.

wow, you are really smart.

i don't believe he said that at all.

lol, he wouldn't unless he wants to retire as a washroom attendant.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
that's a load of bullpoop and the chinese know it.. their army isn't in afghanistan or iraq..
how many million chinese are there? and they're a communist state (fractured maybe but still a threat)
when a (potential) enemy says "ignore me." what would you do?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
China does not have the capibilitay to challenge the US.

neither did Vietnam, Somalia, Afghanistan, ....

You get the point.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by believer74

You got a valid point there, they do have the economic means to become whatever they one, after all their liquid assets on US dollars is impressive, plus thanks to outsourcing of our technology most of that is in their hands as manufacturers, I am sure that US does have their best hidden, but still you know the say "money talks and the rest will walk.

Plus China follows the Art of War and military conflict is the last resource.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

you're a chinese soldier.. you get ordered to attack the US
yes china may want to emulate the west but they ( the pro communist) hate the western way of life but they want all the comforts of it.. ever been to china? i have and to compare it to berlin in the early 1940s would not even come close as regards the police and secret police.
china IF it wanted to could easily defeat the US knowing that the americans wouldn't launch nukes (M.A.D)
it's all about the numbers

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by believer74

Believer74, yes i actually have been to china (berlin as well, not in the 40ies though)
unfortunately i do not get your point. (had a hard day again.)

My post above was basically stating, that they can very well defeat the US, they hate pretty much all "laowais"
(the long noses) and don't give a bleeping bleep about the "outside world".
And the sheer numbers... So i agree with you (if i understood correctly)

Besides, no one should underestimate the tech advance they've achieved in the last couple of years, stealth fighter jets, stealth subs, that pop up in the middle of the US.navy in the strait of taiwan, etc.

While US is struggling in "middle-age countries" such as vietnam, somalia, afghanistan,...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
To the Victor go the Spoils.

I see the US and China working together to topple Russia. China gets the first 10 years of all resources out of Russia.

China's vast military hardware and factories would be decimated by Russia then we step in and take over what's left of China and rule the world.

Iraq's oil fields went to China....first ships of oil out of Libya went to China.....we're working them for a grander scheme.

If China wanted to it could decimate America right now. But they are really loving the free things we're giving them right now to play along.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
sun tzu, the art of war: ..."if you are strong, feign weakness"

edit on 19-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Every poker player knows to watch out for the tricky chinese,

I wouldn't be surprised if they are simply tauting the old bully.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Liquesence

We know it quite well.

We don't show off our real toys to the world. I'm sure the things we have are so far beyond what they expect, they wouldn't believe us if we showed them.

We play weakness, quite well. Most people in the world think the US is overstretched militarily, when in reality only around 10% of the US military is engaged in the Global War on Terror.

'Tis true, however war costs money because our soldiers have to get paid. If we can't pay our soldiers, it doesn't matter how large our military is.

Right now, we can't pay our soldiers.....that's why we have to keep borrowing money......from China.

And eventually, the money always runs out.
edit on 19-5-2011 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

They appear to be helping us in the IMF event as well. I'm sure we won't mind them having Siberia or maybe sharing it with Japan.

Some totally crazy stuff is going on.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Pervius

They appear to be helping us in the IMF event as well. I'm sure we won't mind them having Siberia or maybe sharing it with Japan.

Some totally crazy stuff is going on.

Stay tuned, you ain't seen nothing yet.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

We have borrowed most of it from the Federal Reserve, six times more than we have from China.

Of the $14 trillion in debt, around $10 trillion is our own debt, to US insurance, mutual funds, banks, states, private investors, plus the $6 trillion to the Federal Reserve.

We are still paying our military right now, we will still do so in the future, even if we suffer hyperinflation and the standard of living drops, we will still feed and house them and their families.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by grey580

Pretty soon you don't have room to put chinese and you have to work something out.

Could not see the US being beaten by that tactic either. If it happened the US would just start executing them. It would be that big a problem where extreme action would be needed. I can't see the US ever backing down or losing to anyone on home soil. Possible but highly unlikely. With the best military technology and extremely well armed and patriotic citizens ... Think about it!
edit on 19-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

Then the USA would be guilty of war crimes.
You can't just kill enemy combatants once they surrender.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

My point was, we are paying our military with borrowed money.

And yes, technically we may be borrowing from ourselves but it is Chinese investors that largely contribute to keeping "US insurance, mutual funds, banks, states, private investors", etc. afloat.

China is the largest purchaser of US debt
China's US Treasury holdings
edit on 19-5-2011 by stupid girl because: add link

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

You should avoid civilian casualties at all cost also, didn't stop the USA from wiping 2 cities of the map.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well i guess we are not afraid of china anymore.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

There isn't enough fuel in the world for the Chinese to send 1 million soldiers a day over to the U.S. For the first week or so, sure, but after about 40 days there would be worldwide oil shortages.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

They are the largest foreign holder, Japan holds almost as much as China.

Total foreign debt though is less than US debt to the Federal Reserve. The difference between China and the Federal Reserve is the Fed can create money out of thin air like magic, somewhat based on our credit and GDP.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Chinese General comes out and admits they don't stand a chance and still people on here think China is all powerfull, lol.
It's like when Yamamoto came to the US before WWII and saw the futillity in arousing her. He knew the end was up the minute the war started. This time around it is technical superiority not industrial might.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That was a very "Chinese" answer. Show of power doesn't belong in that culture but I can assure you that power to defend oneself and ones interests definitely is part of the Chinese culture.

They are growing without any haste because the they have time on their side.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join