It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Chinese General: "China does not have the capibilitay to challange the US."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Bogged down? The Iraq War has slowed to a crawl. It really can't even be called a war. Ops tempo with Libya is far higher.

Afghanistan too is winding down. With the way things are going there, we should be able start drawing down very soon, the primary place we have problems is across the border in Pakistan. The only thing bogging us down there is not being allowed to go in wipe out the anti coalition militia in Pakistan's tribal areas. Once we can go in there, the war in Afghanistan will be virtually over with.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

That is hardly 40 feet of steel a second.
In fact it looks like it took several seconds for that to catch a black composite on fire.
The US may be more advanced that what we show in the video who knows.
But that toy hardly is what you described,
I was thinking more along the lines of the game "Command and Conquer" Ion Cannon.
Now that would be gnasty.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Well, as soon as you find one that talks about burning through 40 feet of steel per second, u2u me.

'Cause just because a laser can travel at the speed of light and set a boat on fire does not mean it can burn through 40ft of steel in a second.

'Course, this is now off topic, so i will leave this to your research and a u2u.

(And yes, i am curious, if this is true.)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yes, we are bogged down.

Are you delusional?

How far must it wind down to before we can come home? We have been there 10 years. OBL is supposedly dead. We constantly meet the "Taliban"--constantly--who want us out. We will never defeat them. We constantly breed new "terrorists" (or rather freedom fighters who want us to stop bombing them and get out) by our actions.

we should be able start drawing down very soon
And how long have be heard that, and how much has it happened? Last i heard MORE troops had gone in. The whole thing goes in waves, depending on what they want us to believe and rally behind.

The only thing bogging us down there is not being allowed to go in [Pakistan] wipe out the anti coalition militia . . . Once we can go in there, the war in Afghanistan will be virtually over with.
(((Pakistan added.))) Newsflash: Pakistan is not Afghanistan. Even though we have drones, that is a different country, a different potential scenario and front. What next? If they run into India or Iran or we gonna go in there and track them down? Should we just chase them from country to country hoping the next one will end it?

That is the point. We will always be bogged down and we will never win if we continue this way. It's futile. We will never win, we win never catch them and we will continue to breed them.

And that's the point in my initial posts.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near." -Sun Tzu

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

I would ask are you delusional? Its a pointless question, besides I have been almost all over Afghanistan. I have seen first hand where the fighters come from and where they runaway to.

We won't leave even when were done. We are still in Germany, Japan and Italy.

The Taliban and other ACMs have already begun negotiations with the Afghan government. If they lose their safehaven in Pakistan they are done and they know it. They far from stupid.

The ACMs wouldn't flee to India or Iran. India and Iran have been fighting the same network of groups longer than we have.

Their best chance at survival is reconciliation.
edit on 19/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: o

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
They might not have the strongest army BUT they do have an elite army of hackers they could use to put a large cripple in the us army think about it say if the china hacked one of the weapons plants and change some configuration in there bomb software or where to deploy the cargo or hacking the power grid im more worried about the cyber war that's going to happen...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
China doesn't need to have a better military. War can be won by sheer numbers. Like in the civil war.
In fact China doesn't have to fire a shot.

Send in 1 million Chinese and have those guys surrender.
Day 2 Send in another million. Surrender
Day 3 Another Million. Surrender
Wash rinse repeat.

And they can keep doing this for a while.
Pretty soon you don't have room to put chinese and you have to work something out.

There are ways to win if you are willing to think outside the box.

snip

Weapon superiority wins wars.

All more people mean for the Chinese, is more people that will die.
edit on 19-5-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
edit on 19/5/2011 by Sauron because: name calling removed

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeBoss

$42.73

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Is it just me or does the whole thing seem kind of odd?

I know China isn't necessarily our enemy but it isn't necessarily our friend either.

I'm just curious why we allowed a Chinese General to tour our military hardware and installations to gauge whether or not he could destroy that hardware and kill the people operating it. Are you kidding me?

Everyone in the world knows the U.S. has the technological edge.

Whether or not the Chinese could challenge American military might wasn't ever really in question. What is in question are their motives and intentions.

Perhaps what bothers me is the idea that this general is given access to military installations and some of the most advanced U.S. military hardware to announce in an American press room "OMG, we would totally lose if we were to fight a war". What in the world is happening?

If China really doesn't have the military might to challenge the U.S. it is much more likely they would resort to WMD"s early on in any kind of future conflict between the two countries.

So, regardless of what this Chinese General sais, it isn't reassuring.

It just makes it more likely they would use nukes. Quantities and numbers of nukes isn't an issue. It's whether or not they have the cahones to use them. Everyone knows we could flatten China today if we wanted to. The issue is whether or not China would make the attempt.

The simple intent to use Nuclear weapons on another country would spark off the fastest world war in history.

-ChriS

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I prepared a whole response only to realize we have gotten completely off topic. I consider our discussion closed for the simple reason that what we are now discussing has nothing to do with the OP.

'Night.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Does it also not have the capability to spell?

Just noting that..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

"you'll pick a fight with china if you ever touch pakistan" - i think i read it in some other threads..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

As far as the laser, care to cite a reliable source?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

As far as the laser, care to cite a reliable source?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
sun tzu, the art of war: ..."if you are strong, feign weakness"

edit on 19-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

very well put

the chinese were also complaining of weaknesses in the 1930s, then japan thought they could take them out within a year thus securing vast resources and a huge labour force, long story short, the japanese had opened a huge front that they couldnt finish off and the chinese who were estimated to collapse within no more than a year and half would last from 1937 to 1945 with the victory to china.

i hate to say this but the only and final way to take out china is through
1. nuclear attacks
2. deadly epidemic
3. huge natural disaster (not as effective)

all would lead china to retaliate.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
It would be very hard to defeat the US on our soil especially.
The reason I believe this, we have freedom for the delusional and those who suffer no delusion know what losing would mean.
This alone would build a dedicated soldier.
Folks in China only have the mediocre life to go back to with no true light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm sure Russia although not communist anymore would suffer the same problem as China.

Uh, no... This is not North Korea we're talking about.

Life in China is a bit tougher than the US, but you're mistaken if you think that they all want to leave the country and come to the west. That period is long gone.

This is my personal opinion, but having lived there, I think that most Chinese are actually reasonably optimistic about the way that their country is prospering, economy growing, sanitary conditions and infrastructure improving; while simultaneously a bit sad about the loss of the few positive things that existed under communism such as free healthcare and a sense of community.

So, no, if there was a war, there might be a few more double agents, ok, but no massive low morale as you seem to think.

But hey, my opinion, yeah?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
i don't think china wants a fight with the US, they're more concerned with their economic expansion in asia, africa and europe. once that's done, who cares what a couple of americanos think? ... as long as the rest of world is buying chinese and would most likely be very pissed off at the US should they provoke a conflict with china. it looks like their strategy is to build friendly relations with other countries in the hopes that the expansionist america would have second thoughts about taking them on. china seems to be working on this from multiple approaches (consider their actions and investments in africa, europe, etc), and as long as they're able to convince those countries that they have economic relations with that all they want to do is trade then there's nothing that the US or any other country can do about it, and they'll be winning the hearts and minds of the people who live in those countries.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Which is why China and Russia are becoming very strong allies.

They can't challenge the USA militarily, but they can together defeat the USA though other methods, including and primarily from economic collapse, infiltration of the US government and its agencies (corruption is very exploitable), and ultimately drawing the USA into more wars and conflicts globally.... Terrorism can achieve far more for them, than for Muslims, which is why they have been plotting to stage attacks on the US and western interests, attacks which will be blamed on terrorist groups, and other "Islamic, nations and enemies"

The end result will be global supremacy for them, and the USA stifled for many decades, rebuilding its economy, and recovering from devastating attacks.

For them, hopefully most of those in the USA will only realize what has really happened when it is far to late to do anything about it.

The Chinese can play the role of innocent benefactors of the fall of the USA, a hero and savior to the American people and the world.

Everyone lives happily ever after.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Thats why they decided on a 'collapse the system strategy' - once the US falls apart, economic collapse, mega terrorism, no oil, civil war, mexican reconquista etc etc.

When the US is depopulated, dismembered and defenceless.

The Chinese will just come over in cruise ships, shoo the beaners away and take posession of their new land and the nice blond wives for their millionsof unmarried soldiers - they might let the rest of you work as slaves for a bit if you are lucky, but chances are they will probably just shoot you on the spot - they even went to the trouble of polling their soldiers recently about how they felt about shooting unarmed women and children - they were most pleased that 80% had no problem with that!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join