It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Chinese General: "China does not have the capibilitay to challange the US."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Top Chinese General: "China does not have the capibilitay to challange the US."

politics.blogs.foxnews.com

China's top military officer said Wednesday that his country lacked the equipment and directives necessary to challenge the U.S. militarily.

"Through my visit over the past couple of days in the United States, I am surprised by the sophistication of the U.S. military, including its weapons and equipment and doctrines and so on," People's Liberation Army leader General Chen Bingde said. "I can tell you that China does not have the capability to challenge the United States. As a matter of fact, the reconnaissance activities along China's coast by U.S. military aircraft and vessels are s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Anyone familiar with current international military's strength's already knew this. I found it interesting that China's top Military General would admit this. I wonder If he is pushing for more money for much larger Chinese military build up.

At least the Chinese citizens seem to be thinking in realistic terms. Russia is also in a similar situation when it comes to their military strength.
With all our current military capibilities we are still threatened by terrorists in thrid word country's.

politics.blogs.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+9 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
China doesn't need to have a better military. War can be won by sheer numbers. Like in the civil war.
In fact China doesn't have to fire a shot.

Send in 1 million Chinese and have those guys surrender.
Day 2 Send in another million. Surrender
Day 3 Another Million. Surrender
Wash rinse repeat.

And they can keep doing this for a while.
Pretty soon you don't have room to put chinese and you have to work something out.

There are ways to win if you are willing to think outside the box.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
However, they do have the money to buy our Military.

I say, "Trust but Verify".

There is no truth to the rumors of "DC" missing dogs reports.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Maybe its a ploy like on south park, Oh you american ***** so big.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The Chinese are wise about their weaknesses, unlike the Russians who are more about show. They will do what they can to narrow the gap, probably through asymmetric means and methods.

I honestly don't think they are too worried about us though. They are more worried about India, Russia, and Japan. If Japan goes nationalist again in response to their disasters and decides they want an offensive military, it would be a nightmare for the Chinese ( and for us and the Russians too.)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
send some chinese to cook at my house....love that fried rice.

+67 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
sun tzu, the art of war: ..."if you are strong, feign weakness"

edit on 19-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

very wel lsaid, but i find it hard to believe theyd want to go war with us. we support a massive amount of thier economy aka Walmart goods.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I am totally with you on that one. I think the Chinese are far more powerful by now than even the best US estimates. They are no strangers to deceiving the enemy, and feigning weakness. Total political ploy, and I don't buy it even for a minute. I doubt our military analysts are buying it either.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Why do I get the feeling they're hiding something huge?
Maybe they have some kind of super-weapon and are trying to downplay as much as possible. After all, didn't one of their stealth subs sneak onto the west coast and launch a missile a couple months back? There was a huge discussion about it. Also, as I understand, the US is rather prone to cyberattack, which could be a deciding factor in a war.

As China is also a big world superpower, I wouldn't trust what they say one bit. You know that TPTB, the REAL powers that be, will at the very least have some kind of interest in China. Who knows, China might one day attack and be backed by the string-pullers too.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Do not underestimate.

And certainly do not give away one's vulnerability. Make it seem as if you are weak and vulnerable and when they advance, you will have them in your web.

Empty Fort Strategy

Classic Strategy.

As Randomname said: feign weakness. That is one of the smartest strategies.

It's usually the ones who have to *show* their might that are truly the weakest. And the strongest that feign weakness.

The Chinese know this (the US doesn't).

edit on 19-5-2011 by Liquesence because: add an "s"

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Looking at the situation around the world, and connecting the dots with what the Chinese general is saying would reveal something detrimental.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

We know it quite well.

We don't show off our real toys to the world. I'm sure the things we have are so far beyond what they expect, they wouldn't believe us if we showed them.

We play weakness, quite well. Most people in the world think the US is overstretched militarily, when in reality only around 10% of the US military is engaged in the Global War on Terror.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
Do not underestimate.
It's usually the one who have to *show* their might that are truly the weakest. And the strongest that feign weakness.

The Chinese know this (the US doesn't).

Don't think the US doesn't also have all kinds of mind-blowing weapons technology that the world has yet to see.
Teleportation has been publicly accomplished; The Navy made public that they have a laser gun that can burn through 40 feet of steel per second; US anti-gravity aircraft have been publicly discussed...
If you think that stuff is neat, wait til someone tries to invade us.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Not quite.

Our toys extend to massive bombs (and nukes), and yes, precision equipment and technology, but we are bogged down in at least two wars that we can't effectively win in traditional ways. Sure, we could carpet bomb the whole region, but that is the coward's way out, even though it would *work.*

No, our "might" is our weakness, and is evident by our inability to "win" in these places, currently, without laying waste on a massive scale. That is the point. Our ability at basic strategy has been displaced by our arrogance. We are caught in the web.

(This does NOT speak to the theory, however, that we WANT to be there long term for economic and/or strategic interests).

reply to post by trollz

As i said above, i know they have all kinds of neat technology. That's doesn't mean anything, though, if it can't be implemented properly.

As far as the laser, care to cite a reliable source?
edit on 19-5-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I doubt China would try anything militarily anyway, given our nuclear capabilities.

We've got about 8,500 warheads (3,500 of them are retired in storage).

China has about 240 total.

www.fas.org...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It would be very hard to defeat the US on our soil especially.
The reason I believe this, we have freedom for the delusional and those who suffer no delusion know what losing would mean.
This alone would build a dedicated soldier.
Folks in China only have the mediocre life to go back to with no true light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm sure Russia although not communist anymore would suffer the same problem as China.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

BBC News
I remember watching another news report about it stating it could burn through 40 feet of steel per second.
There are also lasers that can shoot down missiles.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by coastalite

how would they know China only have 240 nuclear warhead, it's like guess how much money I have in my wallet, can you find out the exact amount?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join