It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a question for all you single women in a shtf....

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pimpinette

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

On a more serious note: this constant repetition in this thread about rape, it really builds on the notion that women don't want to have sex. I personally know quite a few who enjoy it, with the right person. Don't think that will change in post apocalyptic times.

There is a distinct difference between sex and rape.
Rape is used as a weapon in wartime as well as peacetime.
I don't have a problem with SEX.
I have a problem with RAPE and there will be plenty of it happening if TSHTF.
Just a fact

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by blamethegreys

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I had to come back in this thread to say this:

The day I need a man for anything is the day I die as a woman.

Enough said.

C'mon now Baked...don't paint yourself into a corner! In this world that may be true, but SHTF is a whole 'nother ballgame! All of a sudden men and women may BOTH be reminded of the way things have been for millenia:

Male/Female teamwork is the key to survival!

You hae a point, teamwork is the key to survival! But I won't go a far to say I will ever NEED a man, another human, perhaps. I won't concede the point completely just yet!

Baked.. Im tellin you.. you may need a certain breed of man at some point. That breed is big and has a lot of strength. Sort of a stud/work horse. SInce there is no more TV.. sport sex is fun and you need his other skills such as lifting things that weight more than you do.

** sorta serious post**

Hubby and I went to survival camp when we were much younger and I learned 2 things that stood out the most : #1 good shoes are required and #2 one large man can do the work as far as lifting and hard physical labor that require a few average size women. On the second day we had to clear an area of dense woods and hauling trees.. well.. it was difficult. It took 3 women to move what one man could just bulldog out of the way. Even hunting.. its difficult for an average size woman to haul a large buck or elk... even field dressed. Again, what one man could do... it took more than one woman.

This realization really irked me at the time.. but thats when I figured an actual team is much better than a lone wolf or a group of morons.

Pro's for the women was endurance and hardiness. We were much much more able to keep going and going.. and much less prone to be "uncomfortable" in bad weather or terrain. We were very much more "sure footed". We also had by far outshot the men as far as accuracy in that group and less likely to waste ammo. Could have just been the group.. but it was a slice of average joes and not hard core survivalists. Given this was the early 90's before the idea of survival really got popular.. but I did see that group dynamics are HUGE. We over time split into work groups highlighting what each person did best naturally and learned from mistakes. Jerks with attitudes were always stuck with the crap jobs and worked so they didnt have the energy to complain or "big talk".. and yeah, there is one or 2 in EVERY group.

I guess the idea in survival situations if you group up is you are NOT going to hand pick your group unless you do beforehand and there is no assurance that they will all survive or you wont gain more mouths rather than hands. You are not going to have only "friends" or skilled people .. or even people who can pull their weight. You deal with what youre given as far as manpower. I would personally not set out to sabotage my chances of group survival with a group compromised of goofballs chosen for no reason other than gender/color/culture/etc.

Now yrs later.. we are a part of a larger cooperative group for the current times (now mainly farming/organic produce and free range meats) and an eye on and preparation for the possible future scenarios. I suppose you could say we look at "survival" as an every day thing and not some vague possible future event.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundowner
@Pimpinette:

See, my problem would be that I would be afraid of becoming pregnant. With out having proper medical help, or even a midwife of some sort, I'd be scared of some major issues. There are cases today where the child or the mother or both would have died in earlier times.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Sundowner because: (no reason given)

(EDIT: I messed up my editing, but this was meant as a reply to Pimpinette! lol.)
edit on 19-5-2011 by Sundowner because: (no reason given)

Well, my dear child, let's talk about the birds and the bees: there are plenty of ways of having sex that would not end up in a pregnacy

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

As for this whole topic, reproduction should be the last thing on any sensible person's mind, but there's nothing wrong with embracing one another, especially when it's cold. Personally, given the choice, I'd rather hold onto a woman than a big fella named Steve.

If you and steve snuggle under your mylar blankie... youre chances of surviving the night increase. So do your chanced of a love connection. Dont be a prude... Steve has feelings and needs too, you know.

Heh, I think that he just meant that he would prefer not to sleep with Steve per say. Anyhow, I'm on your side here; sometimes that's what you have to do to survive in a given situation.

LMAO!! I think I better use more emoticons.. it was a joke.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
Women are pretty capable too, and if equipped with the same knowledge, can be just as effective as men.

You'd be surprised how many women can hit a target dead center from 50 yards away, or how many are trained in self defense. I've known many single mothers who can do more than "hold their own" if it came down to it.

Yeah but, it is statistically proven that men are smarter than women and better drivers. Men use their whole brains and women haven't legally, in court, proven that they have one. Just sayin'.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

As for this whole topic, reproduction should be the last thing on any sensible person's mind, but there's nothing wrong with embracing one another, especially when it's cold. Personally, given the choice, I'd rather hold onto a woman than a big fella named Steve.

If you and steve snuggle under your mylar blankie... youre chances of surviving the night increase. So do your chanced of a love connection. Dont be a prude... Steve has feelings and needs too, you know.

Heh, I think that he just meant that he would prefer not to sleep with Steve per say. Anyhow, I'm on your side here; sometimes that's what you have to do to survive in a given situation.

LMAO!! I think I better use more emoticons.. it was a joke.

*Sighs heavily* You know what? Sometimes, I am really not good at picking up on things. Heh, I have a hard time seeing sarcasm in just "written word conversation." Derp-de-derp.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Originally posted by raiders247
Women are pretty capable too, and if equipped with the same knowledge, can be just as effective as men.

You'd be surprised how many women can hit a target dead center from 50 yards away, or how many are trained in self defense. I've known many single mothers who can do more than "hold their own" if it came down to it.

Yeah but, it is statistically proven that men are smarter than women and better drivers. Men use their whole brains and women haven't legally, in court, proven that they have one. Just sayin'.

Pffft. You silly smart @$$.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel

On a more serious note: this constant repetition in this thread about rape, it really builds on the notion that women don't want to have sex. I personally know quite a few who enjoy it, with the right person. Don't think that will change in post apocalyptic times.

Just a fact

Of course there is a difference between sex and rape. I just don't see the need for the latter. Why can't women and men just pair up and have all the sex they want? Or they can be free agents and sleep with multiple consensual partners, I'm not judging.

And I'll tell you this: I and probably the majority of women would kill ourself and skip to the next life/next dimension/eternal pitch black darkness before being turned into sex slaves. Have fun with each other and don't forget to stock up on plenty of lube!
edit on 19-5-2011 by pimpinette because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I am curious as to why you are so worried about how a woman will handle a situation like that... After all the BS that history has shown women have conquered, do you really feel that women are the weaker sex?

I appreciate how gentleman-like you tried to come across in your original post but I just can't help but wonder what the percentage of women vs. men would survive an Apocalypse...I bet you anything the outcome would surprise you!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Women arnt going to be very attractive in the apocolypse so I doubt rape will last past the first month

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What is an SHTF?

-Alien

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blisse
reply to post by saltdog

I am curious as to why you are so worried about how a woman will handle a situation like that... After all the BS that history has shown women have conquered, do you really feel that women are the weaker sex?

I appreciate how gentleman-like you tried to come across in your original post but I just can't help but wonder what the percentage of women vs. men would survive an Apocalypse...I bet you anything the outcome would surprise you!

I think that maybe the OP was thinking that (I HATE to say this) that on a whole, men are stronger. Yeah, I don't like to admit it, but they are. As to who is more resourceful, crafty, "savy", knowledgeable, positive survival mindset...well, that's different from person to person, gender non-withstanding. Also, perhaps, he figured that maybe women would more of a target than men? (In certain people's eyes anyhow...)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

SHTF = Shi...poopey Hit The Fan

There you go!

edit on 19-5-2011 by Sundowner because: word correction

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Women arnt going to be very attractive in the apocolypse so I doubt rape will last past the first month

Oh BS you misogynistic fart.

Some of us have put great thought into this and have prepared... besides stockpiling deodorant ( clinical strength of course) baby fresh wet wipes and mascara, I have what you'd call "apocalypse hair". I intend on looking FABULOUS when the Zombie Apocalypse is in full swing.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel

Just a fact

Of course there is a difference between sex and rape. I just don't see the need for the latter. Why can't women and men just pair up and have all the sex they want? Or they can be free agents and sleep with multiple consensual partners, I'm not judging.

And I'll tell you this: I and probably the majority of women would kill or self and skip to the next life/next dimension/eternal pitch black darkness before being turned into sex slaves. Have fun with each other and don't forget to stock up on plenty of lube!

I don't see a need for rape either, but it happens...let's be real here.
I DO wish there was no rape but in a SHTF situation, poor impulse control is going to be an issue.
If I am a female in a SHTF situation and I ignore this, I am putting myself at serious risk.
It would be nice if there were no rape in a SHTF situation but I also wish for whirled peas...doesn't mean its going to happen *sigh*

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blisse

I would say 50/50

If the SHTF we are all in the same Sh....t, We are all dependent on the same resources.

If you lack food and water over a longer time, it wont matter if you are a male or female.

Injuries dont heal faster for males then they do for females, unless you have food, water, dry shelter and can relax.

Survival has nothing to do with being male or female. Its all about your ability as male or female to maintain and find resources to keep you alive, free form injuries and illnesses.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blisse
reply to post by saltdog

Ditto. Only men have a history of conquering and generations of proof.....what do you women have to represent your claim of superiority? Xena Princess Warrior?
edit on 19-5-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I think that maybe the OP was thinking that (I HATE to say this) that on a whole, men are stronger.

I agree that men are on the whole stronger physically. But there are a lot of x-factors.

For example, if the STHF is something like a new Ice Age... No, it is not as farefetched as it might sound, Read the report An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security, from October 2003, by Peter Schwartz and Doug Randall, (which I of course found through ATS).
They speak about a scenario where, for example, northwestern Europe would become like Siberia in the very near future.

Getting to the point: did you know that the sex and race of a person are important when it comes to how susceptible they are to direct cold injury and hypothermia? Non-white elderly men are the most at risk, while white women are the least at risk.
www.coolantarctica.com...

"Women have a higher gradient of temperature from the skin to the body core (they're more likely to have cold hands for instance) and so it seems are more able to maintain a constant body core temperature in cold conditions. Subcutaneous fat has a part to play of course as an insulator and women generally have more than do men so helping them stay warm. On the other hand, because of the high temperature gradient from skin to core, women are more likely to suffer from surface cold injury such as frostbite."

I would hate frostbites, gonna stock up on mittens.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by Blisse

I would say 50/50

If the SHTF we are all in the same Sh....t, We are all dependent on the same resources.

If you lack food and water over a longer time, it wont matter if you are a male or female.

Injuries dont heal faster for males then they do for females, unless you have food, water, dry shelter and can relax.

Survival has nothing to do with being male or female. Its all about your ability as male or female to maintain and find resources to keep you alive, free form injuries and illnesses.

Well put.
2nd line.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

I tell you what men were a lot more capable of survival 300 years ago, then 20 year olds are to day.

You cant compare history to present time.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join