It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a question for all you single women in a shtf....

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Im not going to sit here and tell you how cool and tough I am... but I can tell you that I can not only survive, but perhaps thrive in certain scenarios. I can also tell you that the last thing Id want is to be any part of a "clan" of women. Id rather be eaten by zombies. Apparently some here have never actually participated in women-only groups. SInce I have, and am still trying to block out the traumatic memories.....I would probably just pick the leader, lop her head off, stick it on a pole Id carry around and take her stuff.
Being in a leadership role among a group of women is even worse.. herding cats comes to mind. In my experience it is always much less tedious to work with a group of men rather than women. Carrying dead weight is not my idea of survival and definitely isnt a part of a recipe for thriving in any environment. The majority of women today are unskilled harridans who feel acting masculine is "tough" or an outward show of their feminism.. younger women are even worse. I could deal with that for about 5-10 minutes without losing it.

Reality: I chose an appropriate team member.. my husband is my equal and skilled. I can do things he cant and vice versa. He is very capable of combat.. being not only a combat vet, but a survival minded man. I am skilled in several areas.. and by far the more vicious or dangerous of the team. Our children are raised in a reasonable environment and possess skills and knowledge I imagine the majority of ATSers havent considered or bothered to seek out and learn. We have an extended network of like minded people who like us, dont need a leader or a clan to feel safe. Cooperation is preferable to silly dystopian fantasies of bands of "survivors". I see a group of dead weight in your scenarios.. Im going to kill you because you have made sure to make yourselves appear to be a threat. Your bodies can lay where they fall and rot to warn the next band of "survivors" that happen by. Certain scenarios are much more likely to happen and these scenarios are the ones we would have to survive in : natural disaster, financial collapse, civil unrest, etc. Not apocalyptic Lord of the Flies and The Road fantasies. A gender doesnt necessarily make one more likely to survive a disaster or etc, I feel the reason some survive when others do not is the makeup of the person and their natural abilities/attributes and not necessarily what they learned from a book or youtube. The reality is that there are a lot of walking corpses that just havent figured that out yet. I see them... theyre the ones that buy milk,eggs, and perishables when the TV tells them the power is going to go out and have a 40 LB BoB sitting by the front door.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundowner
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

That is a good point. The only type of combat/agility/martial arts(ish!) skills class that I took was fencing. I did learn some valuable things int hat class, such as being quick on your feet and not leaving yourself open to attack, or at the very least, putting yourself in a defenseable position. I remember the instructor, a funny Russian guy who specifically has said he wanted his students to learn skills they could use in "real life" to help themselves.

I may not find myself with a rapier in the apocalypse, but the other skills still apply, I think.

The basic lessons gained in fencing are strategy, and they apply anywhere.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

OK, I just completely changed my outlook on this whole issue. I need a GRIT to take care of me when the SHTF, 'specially one of them GRIT's!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If you have a woman in your life,every day is a shtf day.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have to honestly say that I have never in my life read anything more offensive than this post. Thank you so much for bringing men to a whole new lower level.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Im not going to sit here and tell you how cool and tough I am... but I can tell you that I can not only survive, but perhaps thrive in certain scenarios. I can also tell you that the last thing Id want is to be any part of a "clan" of women.

I dont disagree when it comes to the females who are socialized to "fit in" to society. Some of them are just as you describe. But im sorry for you if you dont have female friends who are not like the women you describe. I dont socialize with women like the ones you describe except for in the most broad and diffuse social settings. All of my female friends are "real" people, and I expect the same qualities of reason, competence and ability that I expect of my male friends. While they may not be the most common thing on the planet, there certainly are women out there who are not a bunch of harridans mouthing off. And I will point out that there are a lot of sofa warrior men out there too, who talk a lot of smack about their own competence who cant even hunt their own underwear in their chest of drawers, and they are highly unlikely to come home with a deer.

Competence, intelligence, ability, and teamwork is not a male female issue. Its an individual thing. It says something about you if you do not know any women who are competent and capable and rational. Maybe you should dispense with generalizations and look at people individually and you just might find some.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Hey, hey, hey!

Careful now! What kind of woman do you have in your life, Mr. Troll?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Baloney. A common house cat weighs what, ten pounds? I'll pay perfectly good money to watch that 250 pound brute fight one.

that's funny! Farmers down the road from me routinely cull farm cats( I will spare you the grisly details).

To say my cat can beat me up is ridiculous.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Im not going to sit here and tell you how cool and tough I am... but I can tell you that I can not only survive, but perhaps thrive in certain scenarios. I can also tell you that the last thing Id want is to be any part of a "clan" of women.

I dont disagree when it comes to the females who are socialized to "fit in" to society. Some of them are just as you describe. But im sorry for you if you dont have female friends who are not like the women you describe. I dont socialize with women like the ones you describe except for in the most broad and diffuse social settings. All of my female friends are "real" people, and I expect the same qualities of reason, competence and ability that I expect of my male friends. While they may not be the most common thing on the planet, there certainly are women out there who are not a bunch of harridans mouthing off. And I will point out that there are a lot of sofa warrior men out there too, who talk a lot of smack about their own competence who cant even hunt their own underwear in their chest of drawers, and they are highly unlikely to come home with a deer.

Competence, intelligence, ability, and teamwork is not a male female issue. Its an individual thing. It says something about you if you do not know any women who are competent and capable and rational. Maybe you should dispense with generalizations and look at people individually and you just might find some.

I have several decent female friends...obviously. Unfortunately given my "occupation" I get to see the real side of average women who are not my handpicked friends. It would be foolish to pretend that the average american woman between the ages of 40 and 20 have any practical survival skills if chosen at random. You see.. a band of "survivors" will not be compromised by your handpicked friends with all of these wonderful qualities you list. It will be composed of complete strangers. Are you suggesting that your friends and those of like mind will be be the only survivors?

link   
reply to post by Sundowner

Lol. I thought it was funny. But he could have been trolling.

link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

One of the best posts EVER on ATS...laughed for 10 minutes

Second line.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that your friends and those of like mind will be be the only survivors?

Let me be clear what I am saying. Im saying that with your catty woman bashing you sound a lot like the women you are complaining about.

Where I am from, women arent raised the way there are here in the mainland. And from what I have seen, a lot of rural mainland women from various parts of the country are not raised to be like the women you are complaining about. And I cant know for certain WHO will survive a SHTF scenario, including myself, but I would pit me against you any day of the week and I have no doubt I would win.

At all.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that your friends and those of like mind will be be the only survivors?

Let me be clear what I am saying. Im saying that with your catty woman bashing you sound a lot like the women you are complaining about.

Where I am from, women arent raised the way there are here in the mainland. And from what I have seen, a lot of rural mainland women from various parts of the country are not raised to be like the women you are complaining about. And I cant know for certain WHO will survive a SHTF scenario, including myself, but I would pit me against you any day of the week and I have no doubt I would win.

At all.

Wow.. woman bashing. Projecting is a bad thing to engage in on a message board.

You are incredible and exactly what I was speaking of. Im backing out of the "Im tougher than you on the internet and I have no doubt Id win" childish nonsense. I thought this was an adult discussion.

Have fun impressing the impressionable.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
While many young women may be able to defend themselves, there's no doubt that in a SHTF scenario, there will be lots of all kinds of crime...especially against young women.

However, in the absence of law, we're all vulnerable. Even the beefiest guy can be taken down with either weapons or numbers.

That's the key. SAFETY IN NUMBERS.

I'd bet there'd even be bands of victimized women who fought back, overcame their attackers, and then banded together to become outlaws themselves, in such a scenario.

The flip side of course, is such women using their feminine wiles to get what they need to survive, including food, protection, etc. An easily tradable commodity (assuming you can deal with the mental anguish) that is easy to carry and can always take with you.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Try. Me.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Advantage

Try. Me.

Ladies now how shall your tribes thrive with such sillyness

edit on 5/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

IM = Instant Message (Instant Messenger)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If the shtf,I can take the single ladies over to my buddy charlie sheens house,he just bought a nice new house.We just have to stop to pick up arny scwarzennager .He is moving in with charlie.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Having had what are now 4 ex-wives and the realization that women were a part of every part of my life until just recently, I have to say that besides sex and children, women are far far more trouble than they are worth. Now at 57, I am having the best time of my life limiting women's influence and participation in my life. When I take my yacht out, there are always women wanting to come along and lounge...it's really comical watching their reaction when I show no interest in their female allures. Thanks for the opportunity to say what I think of women for the most part. However, I will admit, it is mostly American Women that make me ill.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join