It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a question for all you single women in a shtf....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
How many women here are without a man in a SHTF? I mean you have no husband, dad, grandpa, uncle, or guy friend that will be there for you ...if times get tough?
I ask because the way this world is headed, it could be a bumpy road ahead....I know that some of you ladies don't need or want a man...thats fine, but do you have a group or support network to help you when the chips are down?

I ask this because there seems to be a lot of guys out there that seem to be jerks and for your safety I would hope that you have someone that you can count on....

I just read lights out today and it got me thinking about women going to get items needed from the store or even if you have to go out into a unsecure area in a SHTF and what extra precautions you might need to take if your at it alone.

How many here have thought about these things or are wishing that they had a male to be that protection or rock in which you can stand in times of trouble?

+29 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Well I am not a single woman but if TSHTF I will be because I'll take the opportunity of the chaos to kill his sorry butt!!!!

And then I will survive because I know no meaner B**** than me! And resourceful, I am very resourceful!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Thats just damn mean! LMAO!

+3 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Thank goodness your post went in a completly diffrent way than I thought it was lol.

Thought you where trying to pick up chicks lol.

Woman here in N.Ireland/Ireland are a special breed. I have no worries in my missus fending for her self, many a night she stands toe to toe with me over real life issues which have ended in objects of considerable mass and velocity coming at me.

Same probbably for half the men in here.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

ha ha ha thats good that you can take care of yourself...sorry he's such a pain for you.

I am serious though, how many women are there here alone for a SHTF?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Women are pretty capable too, and if equipped with the same knowledge, can be just as effective as men.

You'd be surprised how many women can hit a target dead center from 50 yards away, or how many are trained in self defense. I've known many single mothers who can do more than "hold their own" if it came down to it.

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If need be, I can offer room for about 5-6 women in that scenario. I'm willing to sacrifice myself that way cause that's just who I am.

Please, only those with skills in Mechanics, Cooking, Survival, Gardening and Modeling need apply. Hey,...a guy's gotta look out for himself too, right?

Seriously, I wish all well in the SHTF scenario. Men, Women and Children alike.

Good food for thought OP!

edit on 18-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Single women will more than likely be able to latch on to a family or couple. SHTF is no time for them to find a new boyfriend because, frankly, SHTF doesn't exactly lead to a time to "trust" new people.

People will be all Lord of the Flies and you never know if you're getting set up to get robbed/killed, what have you.

I know I wouldn't trust a lone woman with a ten foot pole in a SHTF scenario, nor should she trust lone men.

edit on 18-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: clarify

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

I know several also that are good shots, but paper doesn't shoot back....I was going to suggest taking a self defense course or get better at shooting or knife fighting....just food for thought.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Lmao

Poor guy, I feel for him.

Please don't kill me too :

+26 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Bachelor number one, I'm post menopausal, big/wide and frumpy, but I have a cute face (as reasonably as can be expected) I'm covered in cat hair, and I harbor 51 years of abject rage, otherwise, I'm super empathic and have a dry sense of humor.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

This is very true and true for me as it is with you...thats why I am asking because many don't think of anything other than themself...and in a SHTF I think they would be major targets for some jerks out there.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Absolutely right, encountering a single unknown women as a lone man is the most dangerous situation that you can put yourself into guys.

There will likely be no questions, conversation or second chances. In all likelihood she will kill you in a split second if she has a shot.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Bachelor number one, I'm post menopausal, big/wide and frumpy, but I have a cute face (as reasonably as can be expected) I'm covered in cat hair, and I harbor 51 years of abject rage, otherwise, I'm super empathic and have a dry sense of humor.

Hey thats good, you have any self defence courses that you've taken?
Use you agression against the bad guys...use weight to your advantage.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog

Originally posted by simone50m

Hey thats good, you have any self defence courses that you've taken?
Use you agression against the bad guys...use weight to your advantage.

With a description like that...SHE is the self defense course!

lol

Nice one!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

You know, I agree, but LOL I say that now. Give me 2 months of lone wolfing, and if I see a hot chick approaching, I'd probably let her shoot me if I could just get some lovin' one last time lol. Hot chicks have that power over desperado's.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yea I'm just kidding.
Yes I am a mean miserable wretch!

+26 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If there's one thing that human history has proved over and over again, it's that men are the ones to fight and die and that women are always the overall survivors. Even in the most grievous situations, like the Russian advance into Berlin at the end of WWII, the women survived even though they were treated horribly.

Women will make do. They will find good men and help them win against those who are not. There is NOTHING more valuable to humanity than women because thay alone hold the future for all of us. In a SHTF situation, they will gravitate towards the men who show promise of a future and avoid those who are destructive.
edit on 18/5/11 by masqua because: grammar edit

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
My rather amateurish opinion would state that women would be the first to set up communes and defensible points, Women are not the helpless victims so often portrayed in the b rated post apocalyptic shows. They will come together faster then men if a serious need is shown. They will have a greater respect for, and a drive to reestablish laws and social customs.

Stability is the greatest motivator here.

I imagine a rather well fortified area with a sign stating "we don't need anymore men."

Women outnumber men, they always have, and unless the human race changes drastically, they always will. In a shtf scenario, men will become even more scarce.

...and yes a single woman in the "wild" is just as threatening to you as a single man. When survival is on the line, you can lay your sexist ideas at the door.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Shame that's not the case today. Most women I know end up with the d***heads

2nd line
edit on 18/5/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join